PDA

View Full Version : 2 Players Looking for PD Static!!!!

belemrys
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello all! My friend and I both just got DDO this past week because of the f2p (I am going VIP anyway) announcement and because he is leaving to NC for grad school (he was our PnP DM) we thought DDO would be a great place to get together and continue our dungeon crawling.

We are looking for a static group that would meet up once or twice a week and play by Perma-death rules and likes to take the time to recreate the PnP environment...We enjoy Rping in chat and taking a dungeon crawl nice and slow. We believe in class dynamics and roles in a party and working together to get through a dungeon without dying. We are looking for a mature group of people who can have fun and have no ego or drama...we dont care what server it is or what guild as long we can log on once a week and explore Stormreach and create an even more rich story and characters with quirky traits and produce a lot of laughs!

As for for what classes we want to play...we arent one to multi-class too much so we play pretty much straight roles and classes...I personally am partial to a CC Wizard or a 2h DPS Fighter...my friend is all about the 5-tool Bard and a Cleric that heals but likes to be up in the fray!!!

Again you can respond here or send me a PM if you like...the essential things we are looking for is simple:
1) RP (not over voice obviously merely as we dungeon crawl in text...not sure if that is Hardcore RP or Medium RP or w/e qualification)
2) Permadeath (Common rules MV or the Core use is fine)
3) Static (must be consistent group that plays once a week on a schedule that is relatively considerate...we live in EST and weekend late nights is fine)

Thanks in advance!!!

~Zornochio
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Mortal Voyage, The Sublime, and Valhalla all have several smaller static (or semi-static, 4-5 regulars with 'gueststars' each week) within their guilds. If you like the rulesets of any of those PD guilds you may be able to get one started within those guilds. Might be a little easier find players that way.

shores11
06-24-2009, 05:24 PM
One of these days I plan on playing on Sarlona because I hear they have the most static groups and role playing guilds.

belemrys
06-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Well that is what i am basically asking for...any of those guilds have a static forming up and would want us to roll new toons on their server and join up? I have an account on the Core and MV thus far and talked a bit to them...most of them have established Statics already and I thought posting here and having a newly forming static group come to me would be more efficient ;)

belemrys
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
One of these days I plan on playing on Sarlona because I hear they have the most static groups and role playing guilds.

bleh don't tell me that...our casual chars that we just mess around on are on Sarlona...with f2p character slots would SUCK!

LeonardOoh
06-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm the second character Bel is referring to. All about cleric classes and support and leader characters. Look forward to jumping into a static group and getting my fix every now and then.

You can find me in Sarlona at:

-Lanian
-Kannoth

Hope to hear from any of you.

God Bless,

--
Leonard O

Anarkius
06-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Just curious if any 'plans' have been made as to which server is going to be used or if this group has started forming. :)

In the process of seeking out a light/medium RP static group. Willing to play on any server (toons on ghallanda are at max...for now). but I do have slots available on all other servers. :D

I prefer to play a rogue type multiclass or pure rogue, but also have no qualms with playing a tank or support type build. In my 2+ years of playing I have never run a primary arcane character (except for a splash in a multiclass build here and there) but am willing to play whatever class is needed in order to fill party needs. :cool:

Drop me a PM or please provide more information here to let me know the statu of this group forming.

LeonardOoh
06-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Test

belemrys
06-27-2009, 11:15 AM
what the heck was that lenny...test...seriously lol

anarkius at the moment we are on Sarlona but we are up for making it on any server too...Lenny would probably play a pure cleric or a bard and i am all about the dps fighter and cc wizard so you can play a straight rogue...now we just need a couple more players! I will PM you with some contact info (AIM or MSN) and we can all get together and chat and set up the rules and stuff!

Anarkius
06-27-2009, 11:56 AM
PM received - reply sent :D

LeonardOoh
06-27-2009, 12:20 PM
The test thing was because I failed at posting a response three diffrent times, and low and behold, it worked when I typed test.

What I had meant to say earlier was that if you and the individual from the other post were to join us, we would already have enough people to start a group. We could then start playing while searching for a guild to fill those two remaining spots.

Hope you're interested!

--
Leonard O

Anarkius
06-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Spoke to Bel today via AIM - we have decided (?) that argonnesen is going to be our server for this little project or group. I will be playing either a halfling or dwarven pure class rogue...

Leonard I think he said you were going to play bard/cleric and paladin - :D - or one of those classes at least. He was apparently going to be running a wiz or sorc. I would like to see a solid melee in group before starting but we may be able to handle it as well...

Lemme know your thoughts...

belemrys
06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
yeah i might do fighter if lenny goes cleric or bard and we cannot find a paladin tank...

LeonardOoh
06-28-2009, 08:22 AM
I won't mind playing a pally-tank, or a dedicated healing cleric. One leaves us without heals, the ither without the melee.

Anarkius
06-28-2009, 12:33 PM
play what you want to play - we will make do :D most of my rogues are dps builds anyway so we will have some melee capabilities but a full fledged fighter or pally would be ideal - not that bards cannot hold their own either ;)

personally either a pally or bard would be more than acceptable if we take our time and use the classes we have to their full potential...but we can always see if we cant find at least a fourth to round out the party a bit too. :)

On another note, I will be running a halfling. I have been pampered as of late with the option of drow or 32 pt builds - now I am reduced to a 28 ::sigh:: talk about getting back to the basics lol. Any ideas when we are going to try for the first meet up?

LeonardOoh
06-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm going to roll the Pally, simply because I don't have one in DDO. Fits my playstyle as well. I'm ready to go asap. Heck, I'd even jump on tonight ;D

Anarkius
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Sorry Ive been afk for a couple days - in the process of making some pc upgrades to BOTH units - I am up and running again and should be ready to play by Tues afternoon/evening - I will let you guys know for sure tomorrow. :D

No the updates were not planned - Just a spur of the moment kinda thing - but they are gonna help ME and my PLAYTIME a lot. :)

TheRedheadedStranger
09-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I would be whole heart into this. This game is the perfect setting for a static, perma death RP friends circle.

I am a VIP, been playing the game off and on since 2006. Been a PnP D&Der much longer. Looking for mature friends, slow paced, text based, story driven, dungeon adventures.

My best builds are tank, front line types. I have two characters I can roleplay as a Bulwalk Paladin, and a Staward Fighter. I would also be open to building a CN Barb/Fighter for fun.

Just drop me a line through the forums and let me know, my free to play time is in the late evening to 1am or so, east coast time, USA.

Lets do this, sounds like a great time!

KGWiking
09-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Check your In Box Red...I sent you a message.

Our Basic Guild Rules are:

1 - No Rez Shrines - Rez by Spell/Ability Only
2 - No use of the AH
3 - No Buying from Brokers
4 - No buying consumable magic such as wands, potions, scrolls (inscriptions and components are fine)
5 - Open quests on the hardest setting and do not Farm Easy Quests for Cheap XP
6 - No Twinking, PUGS, Exploits or Spoilers.

Link to the guild site is on the signature line.

Let me know if this interests you.

KG