PDA

View Full Version : Any chance a little birdie told anyone about my request for character transfer?

Mhykke
06-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey there,
I put in a request for 2 character transfers.......just wanted to make sure you guys received it.....

Thanks,
Mhykke

Samadhi
06-24-2009, 09:48 AM
I feel your pain. Apparently they no longer send ANY confirmation emails for these requests anymore. It took me 3 days of calling customer service last time this happened before I could get confirmation that 1) no, these emails don't go out anymore and 2) yes, we did receive your transfer request.

Also, it took exactly two full weeks for it to go through.

I am a much better fan of the old transfer system (email confirmation, maybe 3 days before it went through).

Victorie
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM
The transfer system hasn't changed, although the wait is longer. We just have so many requests to process that the queue is currently that long. We're working on ways to make this better.

Unfortunately, our new email system doesn't send confirmations that requests are received. I will certainly pass on your feedback about this aspect of our new system.

The Account Management department can confirm if Premium Service requests are received, via phone or email. I recommend emailing them, instead of the Premiums department, as it is likely you will receive your transfer or rename before they get to your email asking for confirmation - all emails are answered ASAP in the order they are received.

Also, always be sure to include an email address for response when submitting any email inquiries.

Samadhi
06-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Since you mentioned it, I did send in an email request (with a working email address for response) before I called customer service. To this date (6 wks later), still no reply to that email.

Victorie
06-24-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry you didn't receive a response, that is not typical. There are a few things that can cause you to not receive an email, and I've seen all of these from various players at one time or another:

-not providing an email
-not spelling it correctly
-the email was caught in a spam, junk or deleted folder and you never saw it
-the submission form wasn't completed, or was submitted on a web browser that isn't compatible with Turbine websites.

If you would like to PM me your username and email address, I'll see what I can find put for you.

Detox
07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Isn't it just a copy/paste system of moving the characters? I can't see any reason why it would take more than a a couple hours to move a character to a different server. Warhammer had a feature where it actually moved it in Real time and only took a few seconds, for free. We're paying almost$25 for a single character move, and i even read that non premium issues will be resolved faster within a few days versus premium requestsd within 1-2 weeks? I can re-level that character on the other server in that timeframe, why would I want to pay you to do something I can obviously redo on my own in lesser time? Althoug that being said I have issued a request to move my char to another server. I just don't understand what takes 1-2 weeks. Is it overloaded requests? If thats the case why? You should have a system in palce to handle multi requests I'd think.