PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Permadeath

Salome
06-24-2009, 12:27 AM
I first played DDO when it began three years ago. I loved it then and love it now. I just started playing again in the last month or so. I'm currently on Argo but would switch to another server for the right reason. I don't consider myself a power player. I am not familiar with the nuances of builds etc. I think I'm interested in a permadeath group. I soloed for a long time now. Of course, after level four or so you can't really do solo. After taking a few characters past that point, I really enjoy grouping. But I miss taking my time and enjoying the dungeons for everything they have to offer. I grew up on PnP and, in part, its some of the qualities of PnP that I think DDO is missing. I can understand that after three years of playing the same dungeons you'd get to the point of running through dungeons like pac man. But its not for me. Death is probably the great equalizer. I also appreciate it when more experienced group members teach me the ins and outs. I don't mind acknowledging my ignorance or limitations. What permadeath guilds are out there?

Ghirmeshk
06-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I first played DDO when it began three years ago. I loved it then and love it now. I just started playing again in the last month or so. I'm currently on Argo but would switch to another server for the right reason. I don't consider myself a power player. I am not familiar with the nuances of builds etc. I think I'm interested in a permadeath group. I soloed for a long time now. Of course, after level four or so you can't really do solo. After taking a few characters past that point, I really enjoy grouping. But I miss taking my time and enjoying the dungeons for everything they have to offer. I grew up on PnP and, in part, its some of the qualities of PnP that I think DDO is missing. I can understand that after three years of playing the same dungeons you'd get to the point of running through dungeons like pac man. But its not for me. Death is probably the great equalizer. I also appreciate it when more experienced group members teach me the ins and outs. I don't mind acknowledging my ignorance or limitations. What permadeath guilds are out there?

Hi Salome,
There are many great Permadeath guilds out there. Some of the bigger ones are Sublime, Mortal Voyage, Extreme Explorers, Valhalla's Gate and the Core. You can find rules and profiles of each in the guild listings in the compendium. Each has their own rule set and their own flavor of play style. From my experience, all the guilds are run by great folks that will be willing to help you adjust. I am the leader of Extreme Explorers on Sarlona. Our website is extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

My best suggestion to you is to read over the rules sets of the guilds and pick a few that sound fun to you, then try them out. I think you will have a great time. I hope that helps.

Best,
Kotels

~Zornochio
06-24-2009, 05:16 PM
There is a link to the Permadeath Guild page in the compendium in my signature

Ironmen of Xen'drick are not around anymore but I believe all the others on that list are.

LeonardOoh
06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Hello Salome!

My friend and I (Belemrys) are also looking for a static permadeath group. As you said earlier, we are all about the slow PnP experience. I like to actually read the quests I'm taking, as well as take the dungeons room by room, enjoying the art and adventure the creators left behind. Interacting with other characters is especially important as well. RP also adds a nice touch, as it will always differ, no matter how many times a dungeon is repeated. This slow, party based gaming is what we're desiring as well, and we might as well kill two birds with one stone and join up.

With the three of us together, we'd already have half of a perma-death group prepared, and could make the transition into a guild easier, as well as starting our gaming asap.

If you're interested let me know.

God Bless,

--
Leonard O