PDA

View Full Version : Legion for a Day Program

Pages : [1] 2

Renegade66
06-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm pleased to announce the launch of our "Legion for a Day" Program.

Now, anyone that is interested, can spend a day as a member of the most powerful guild in the game. Maybe you want to see what Legion is really like from the inside or want strategy and build tips from the best in the game. Maybe you want to flag for Shroud in an hour then zerg raids the rest of the day or get some tough elite favor. Maybe you want to match your skills against the best the game has to offer or just evaluate if you and Legion would be a good fit for each other.

Well, here's your chance.

Benefits include, but are not limited to:
* Legion Guild Invitation (you set the 24 hr period)
* Ventrilo access
* Interact with Legion members as one of their own (help others or suggest what you want to do)
* You can choose to take the star and improve your leadership skills.
* Or, you can choose to be carried along for a day of easy completions and loot.
* Preferential access to Legion run quests and raids (we kick the pugger for you).
* Chance to roll on all Legion loot pulls.
* Access to experts for build critique and strategy advice.
* Freebies - let us know what gear you need and potentially get a handout or two.
* If you're currently blacklisted, here's your chance to get back into good graces with Legion.
* Provides an opportunity to show your skill and personality as a potential fit for full Legion membership.

Fees:
* Our introductory fee is 25 Major Mana Pots (35 if currently blacklisted).
* Based on demand, the fee is subject to increase without notice (will never decrease), so act soon.

Terms of Service:
* We reserve the right to reject requests with no reasons required.
* Joining in on ribbing is one thing, but griefing is another. We have zero tolerance for griefing and your membership will be immediately revoked with no return of fees.
* You are treated the same as other Legion members, although you can request the star or refuse the star. Please note that Legion members are not required to accommodate what you specifically want to do any more than they do for other Legion members. However, as with all Legion members, puggers will be asked to leave to make room for you.
* Although you will have full access to Ventrilo, if you come in to just cause trouble, then Legion members have the option of squelching you or moving to a different channel. This is the same option they have with all members.
* Any trouble reported by a Legion member will be acted on quickly. Most likely, an officer will just give you a heads-up or warning. If your behavior is severe enough though, your membership will be immediately revoked (with reason(s) given) and with no return of fees.

To sign up, please send me a PM and include the names of your alts and the 24 hour period in which you wish to be scheduled.

Any questions can be PM'd to me or posted here.

Lithic
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
The 25mana pot entry fee almost makes me curious enough to roll a character on thelanis to see if legion is really all you try to make it out to be... but then that character wouldnt have 25 mana pots heh.

Delt
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Wow, this is really sweet! I'm super excited and can't wait. Access to experts and more!

One question before I sign up - any hidden costs? For example, as a 24hr member of Legion, am I required to self-promote/hype myself and the guild on the forums?

Also, is there a free trial system or a paypal option?

Riorik
06-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Cute. It actually looks like an interesting way to potentially recruit.
Yeah, there's a fee - but you know how it is, if you can come up with 25 major mnemonics, if it doesn't break you and you didn't buy them for real $$ (which they'll figure out quickly when you're having difficulty equipping that +1 chain shirt on your "tank")...it's kinda irrelevant.

Good luck.

Belwaar
06-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Fees:
* Based on demand, the fee is subject to increase without notice (will never decrease), so act soon.

Haha that's a joke right? Oh wait...you're serious...:eek:

No way in Hell I would give someone 25 mana pots to join their group...sounds like a FRAT!

Grosbeak07
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM

No way in Hell I would give someone 25 mana pots to join their group...sounds like a FRAT!

Since I think most of Thelanis is blacklisted, looks like a lot folks will have to pony up 35 mana pots.

For clarification: Are these major mana pots or will Lesser's work as well? :D

moops
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM
This is the funniest Post I read all Day:)

joker965
06-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Is this a serious post?

surbrin
06-17-2009, 02:33 PM
I personally wouldn't want to run with legion. Pretty arrogant doesn't help anyone from what i've seen.Others may like them but sounds like something legion would do. I'ts just a game. Makes u kind of wonder if legions either made up of people who has nothing but time on their hands to play 24 7, C.E.O. s who r mad cause they dont get their mil bonus so they bring this to the game world, or hmm maybe plat farmer warlords??

SpanishBlueEyes
06-17-2009, 03:29 PM
*hugs renegade* :D

Beherit_Baphomar
06-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Wow, this is really sweet! I'm super excited and can't wait. Access to experts and more!

One question before I sign up - any hidden costs? For example, as a 24hr member of Legion, am I required to self-promote/hype myself and the guild on the forums?

Also, is there a free trial system or a paypal option?

I believe you missed the small print;

*As a member of Legion all the worlds ill's shall be blamed on you including, but not limited to, swine flu, Iran's botched election's, swine flu, the recession, GM's bankruptcy, British people's bad dental care, George W.Bush, failed raids, swine flu.

I remember when TF made these things happen...

Thrudh
06-17-2009, 03:40 PM
*hugs renegade* :D

I'm pretty sure hugging will get your membership revoked pretty fast :)

Nezichiend
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Fees:

... Need more pots for abbot or something? What is this? But you know I love ya ren :rolleyes:

maddmatt70
06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
This sounds like a sure way to get the haters out. I am not really sure what the point of this is otherwise.

Thrudh
06-17-2009, 03:49 PM
This sounds like a sure way to get the haters out. I am not really sure what the point of this is otherwise.

They need more pots in order to complete VoD, obviously....

I kid, I kid!!! :)

baddax
06-17-2009, 03:52 PM

Pretty sure there is some sort of double standard there as it likely depends on who you are. :rolleyes:

baddax
06-17-2009, 03:53 PM
They need more pots in order to complete VoD, obviously....

I kid, I kid!!! :)

I was thinking the Reaver those eles are a real killer!

lazlow
06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Bollocks, Is there a generic version I can sign up for? Cant afford no memn pots!

great post

JayDubya
06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
I personally wouldn't want to run with legion. Pretty arrogant doesn't help anyone from what i've seen.Others may like them but sounds like something legion would do.

I don't think they're so much arrogant as impatient. As long as you hold your own, pay attention, do the right things, even if you make a mistake or two, they're very reasonable folks. Even the ones from Canada.

:D

Ryutsuba
06-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Fees:

It would be a black list, wouldn't it

Caine52184
06-17-2009, 04:17 PM

Now, anyone that is interested, can spend a day as a member of the most powerful guild in the game. Maybe you want to see what Legion is really like from the inside or want strategy and build tips from the best in the game. Maybe you want to flag for Shroud in an hour then zerg raids the rest of the day or get some tough elite favor. Maybe you want to match your skills against the best the game has to offer or just evaluate if you and Legion would be a good fit for each other.

* Ventrilo access
* Interact with Legion members as one of their own (help others or suggest what you want to do)
* Or, you can choose to be carried along for a day of easy completions and loot.
* Preferential access to Legion run quests and raids (we kick the pugger for you).
* Freebies - let us know what gear you need and potentially get a handout or two.
* If you're currently blacklisted, here's your chance to get back into good graces with Legion.
* Provides an opportunity to show your skill and personality as a potential fit for full Legion membership.

Fees:

Terms of Service:
* Joining in on ribbing is one thing, but griefing is another. We have zero tolerance for griefing and your membership will be immediately revoked with no return of fees.
* You are treated the same as other Legion members, although you can request the star or refuse the star. Please note that Legion members are not required to accommodate what you specifically want to do any more than they do for other Legion members. However, as with all Legion members, puggers will be asked to leave to make room for you.
* Although you will have full access to Ventrilo, if you come in to just cause trouble, then Legion members have the option of squelching you or moving to a different channel. This is the same option they have with all members.
* Any trouble reported by a Legion member will be acted on quickly. Most likely, an officer will just give you a heads-up or warning. If your behavior is severe enough though, your membership will be immediately revoked (with reason(s) given) and with no return of fees.

To sign up, please send me a PM and include the names of your alts and the 24 hour period in which you wish to be scheduled.

Now thats funny ****...I dont care who you are LOL

dwensel7
06-17-2009, 04:20 PM

* Ventrilo access

Fees:

Terms of Service:

bro wish i had seen this sooner, this cracks me up.

dwensel7
06-17-2009, 04:22 PM

run with them a few times and you will know they are a frat. lol

Renegade66
06-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Bollocks, Is there a generic version I can sign up for? Cant afford no memn pots!

great post

The ghetto version is to send tells to people in Legion and hope they will include you in their groups. It's free, but you miss all the in-Vent mayhem and might get booted for a guildie.

Hmmm, maybe I should institute microtransactions? :D

BTW, loving the responses so far. And, yes, this is for real. If you don't have the MAJOR mana pots but can pony up something of equal value (e.g. large ingredients, dragon scales, +2 Tomes, etc.) then send me a tell and maybe we can work something out. No promises though.

Talon_Moonshadow
06-17-2009, 04:24 PM
I think you guys should offer the initial membership for free, but charge to unlock certain advice, gear, and raid content. :D

petegunn
06-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I approve and there's so many possibilities that can come from this idea (other guilds take note). IE adopt a new guy for a day, show him what your guilds about advice etc but less the manna pot charge of course.
Don't forget to trademark it of as Legions idea first though .

Praut_Ektor
06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I put mine in the mail, I can assume we're all bound by rule right?

Though the first handout I'll need is my Major pots back...

I'm just trying to figure out who is riding who's coattails on that one. Any further comments might be considered bringing up bad blood, so we won't bring up charging for completions of easy quests and the like.

Thok
06-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Renegade...What high school did you go to?

Renegade66
06-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Good stuff guys.

For those that are interested, don't be scared off. We'll have a great time and your participation in the program will be kept annonymous unless you choose to share your experience publically.

Hydrominan
06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
BTW, loving the responses so far. And, yes, this is for real. If you don't have the MAJOR mana pots but can pony up something of equal value (e.g. large ingredients, dragon scales, +2 Tomes, etc.) then send me a tell and maybe we can work something out. No promises though.

I honestly thought this was a joke up till this point... As a person that does value the hardcore members in Legion I really didn't think you were that hard up for mana pots that you would need to sell your services to get them. You must either be in retail or marketing IRL though as this is a very well laid out plan to get them. Wish you all the best though.

Darknysss, Mydnighte, Frozin, Isycl, Lyghte and Chyl

cypan41
06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I'll give ya 100 masterwork arrows, but you have to carry me around and call me master the whole day.

Thame
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
:rolleyes:

al73r
06-17-2009, 06:28 PM
lol
This is hilarious to me.

moorewr
06-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Is this a serious post?

Yes, and it's a bargain. :D

Inspire
06-17-2009, 07:48 PM

Pretty sure shes gonna have to pay 35 majors for that... :D

moonprophet
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE

Now, anyone that is interested, can spend a day as a member of the most powerful guild in the game. [/QUOTE]

....I don't remember my guild voting on this? Hmmm..maybe I need to recheck the guild website?

.....Valliant Accord Rocks!!!!

Inspire
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Even the ones from Canada.

We are the ones you have to watch out for... we come off nice, but we'll getcha.

Mithran
06-17-2009, 07:56 PM

Now, anyone that is interested, can spend a day as a member of the most powerful guild in the game.

That is too cool. Which game are you guys in and why are you spamming DDO, anyway?

Comfortably
06-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Dear Inspire,
I wish to propose a "swap of sorts"; We'll send you KanAztar along with 1 scroll of Create Undead and inreturn you'll send us 50major pots every 2 days for a month.

Let me know, Comf.

Jaywade
06-17-2009, 08:00 PM
lol

oh man

what is funny is I bet that the price of major mana pots went up a bit from our "non turbine" online stores...

also I think our man ren is serious ..... I wonder just how many out there are going to pony up the pots to see if legion would except them.... I bet the "haters" would be shocked at how many quitely pm or find ren in game...... this sounds like a sarcos idea though....reeks of him...

Solostoran
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
*shakes head*

LOL

Inspire
06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Dear Inspire,
I wish to propose a "swap of sorts"; We'll send you KanAztar along with 1 scroll of Create Undead and inreturn you'll send us 50major pots every 2 days for a month.

Let me know, Comf.

Hmm, lets haggle.

We get KanAztar and 5pp doubled each day for that month(5pp, 10pp, 20pp, 40pp, etc.).

Do we have a deal?

Comfortably
06-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Hmm, lets haggle.

We get KanAztar and 5pp doubled each day for that month(5pp, 10pp, 20pp, 40pp, etc.).

Do we have a deal?

Hmmm, lets keep hagglin' :p.

I think that he is worth more than that, after all he was taught by Hollykiller, the best player. I'll do 5major pots doubled each day for a month! :D

Inspire
06-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I happen to have 10,737,418,240 majors in my bank.

We have a deal.

Aspenor
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I remember when TF made these things happen...

we actually still do. just from the shadows....

PS - I counteroffer my talents and services, and in return you pay me 350 mana pots, just because I'll have to put up with Legion.

SpanishBlueEyes
06-17-2009, 09:45 PM
but it should be expected i always hug people. :D

Caine52184
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I'll give ya 100 masterwork arrows, but you have to carry me around and call me master the whole day.

LMAO! awesome

moonprophet
06-17-2009, 09:49 PM
....collect enough mana pots for you just to curl up and go away? This is either extremely funny or the most obnoxious self serving peice of b.s. I have seen in a long time. Full of yourself much? Glad I am not on your server. You guys are too much. Thank you soooooo much for letting the rest of us play the same game as you. maybe some of your magnificance will rub off. Oooooh maybe it did. Geez...so that's what that smell is.....yuck....anyone have a washcloth and some antiseptic....

....gross....

lostinjapan
06-17-2009, 09:53 PM
run with them a few times and you will know they are a frat. lol

If they are a frat, I wonder how I got in.... :D

infernalmal
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Everyone knows you need lots of pots to be the first to take down a new raid. Good thinking guys, I'll be rooting for ya.

Caine52184
06-17-2009, 10:11 PM
....collect enough mana pots for you just to curl up and go away? This is either extremely funny or the most obnoxious self serving peice of b.s. I have seen in a long time. Full of yourself much? Glad I am not on your server. You guys are too much. Thank you soooooo much for letting the rest of us play the same game as you. maybe some of your magnificance will rub off. Oooooh maybe it did. Geez...so that's what that smell is.....yuck....anyone have a washcloth and some antiseptic....

....gross....

This is real...trust me lol. But dont get a bad taste in your mouth for all of Thelanis because of a post from 1 guild. The entire server does not have that kind of attitude....I'd like to believe that we are pretty friendly with plenty of puggin going on. Also....and im sure plenty will agree that there are some good guys in there.

oberon131313
06-17-2009, 10:23 PM
.....Valliant Accord Rocks!!!!

who?

Xaearth
06-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Yes, and it's a bargain. :D

*nods*
Hmm... if Mod 9 is still a ways off, I might actually take them up on that offer just cuz it'd be either fun or funny, but entertaining nonetheless. :)
Not to mention the fact that the mem pots would be going to a good cause, considering I'm fairly sure they'd put them to a much more efficient use than any of my characters would.

*points to sig* Does that count as being blacklisted? :o
(You can pm me the answer to that if you'd prefer to keep any third-parties from throwing fuel on the fire)

Mithran
06-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I linked to this Thread from Khyber Forums.

Despite the appearance given Legion by the tone of the OP, Legion comes highly recommended.

Lady_Draconus
06-17-2009, 11:02 PM
The ghetto version is to send tells to people in Legion and hope they will include you in their groups. It's free, but you miss all the in-Vent mayhem and might get booted for a guildie.

Hmmm, maybe I should institute microtransactions? :D

Even if I did move to Thelanis I wouldn't join this guild just on principle. If my good looks and charm is not enough for exceptance into a guild its their loss not mine. Sounds to me like a power hungry greedy bragart blowing wind. If someone has to buy their way into your guild just for 24 hours you honestly aren't worth the plats the plat farmers are selling.

Mhykke
06-17-2009, 11:13 PM
My Little PWNY does this on Argo, but the difference is we charge 25 major pots per minute.

Monkey_Archer
06-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey... if i pay 50 mana pots can i be an officer for a day? :rolleyes:

Better yet... how about 100 to be guild leader for a day... I promise i wont dispand the guild :D

parvo
06-17-2009, 11:41 PM
No matter what I, or anyone else thinks of Ren, this is clever. :)

I think I'll steal your idea to recruit for Mortal Voyage. :cool: Permadeath for a day sounds fun. Admission cost...hmmm...something really uber...we demand....

...A SHRUBBERY!

Dozen_Black_Roses
06-18-2009, 06:42 AM

Hmmm I do believe it all depends on who is giving the hug. ;) (I have a pic to illustrate, but I think that would be the final point on my forum account, so Ill leave that for houset). :eek:

Well I definitely think we have thread of the week here. Good way to get pots for the new mod coming up, and hell I'm betting on even some of your blacklisted folks forking over the pots. Good times ahead I am sure.

((Some of these responses had me falling over the chair laughing, like paying more pots to be an officer or guild leader, or the free system but pay for advice or to run a quest, etc))

stewy1956
06-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Dang wonder if i made the black list or if i will now ? :eek:

moorewr
06-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Even if I did move to Thelanis I wouldn't join this guild just on principle. If my good looks and charm is not enough for exceptance into a guild its their loss not mine. Sounds to me like a power hungry greedy bragart blowing wind. If someone has to buy their way into your guild just for 24 hours you honestly aren't worth the plats the plat farmers are selling.

Several responses - from someone not affiliated with Legion: 1) as a visitor to our server forum, you lack context. This is classic preening by the classic bad boy guild. 2) It's humor (although the offer is serious), 3) they are actually that skilled in spite of the bragging. Otherwise they would not have so many 1st server & 1st world-wide raid completions to their name.

PS: Ren, I agree with Lost - the free-to-play scheme is brilliant!

moorewr
06-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Oh, technical question - if someone applies, do you let them know if they are blacklisted before or after they hand over the 25 pots?

Glorious
06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Records - so are you guys going to keep statistics and post them - that would still not be naming anyone who participated but I would love to know, how many people took you up on the offer, what their play was like etc.

Also are you going to "record" any of the questing? Some people would be okay with that and I am sure others wouldn't ....

Comfortably
06-18-2009, 07:36 AM
I happen to have 10,737,418,240 majors in my bank.

We have a deal.

Sweet! I'll get him moved over there later tonight. :D

Murgatroyd
06-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm thinking it's because Khit needs more mana pots so he can solo WW on elite this time. Doing raids is one thing, but WW elite?!? :cool:

weyoun
06-18-2009, 09:26 AM

....gross....

It takes more than that. You going to need a regimen of IV antibiotics and a prefrontal.

And you're welcome.

weyoun
06-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Hmmm I do believe it all depends on who is giving the hug. ;) (I have a pic to illustrate, but I think that would be the final point on my forum account, so Ill leave that for houset). :eek:

Well I definitely think we have thread of the week here. Good way to get pots for the new mod coming up, and hell I'm betting on even some of your blacklisted folks forking over the pots. Good times ahead I am sure.

((Some of these responses had me falling over the chair laughing, like paying more pots to be an officer or guild leader, or the free system but pay for advice or to run a quest, etc))

IRL hugs only. o_O

Thorzian
06-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Question, does the program include the lobotomy or am i responsibile for my own? And is it reversable? :D

KatanAztar
06-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Hmm, lets haggle.

Do we have a deal?

lol, I'm changing this deal... we are sending you comf for free, and you can keep him forever. :D If i go back Heyy has to delete his monk cleric.

I'm only worth a couple cure light pots though :/

kruggar
06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
nice move.. now copy the new ddo model and create the

LEGION STORE

for a few number of mana pots u gain LEGION POINTS to spend as u like!!

buy raid loot, completions, flag for shroud in an hour!!!

hahahahahahahaha

Renegade66
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
*nods*
Hmm... if Mod 9 is still a ways off, I might actually take them up on that offer just cuz it'd be either fun or funny, but entertaining nonetheless. :)
Not to mention the fact that the mem pots would be going to a good cause, considering I'm fairly sure they'd put them to a much more efficient use than any of my characters would.

*points to sig* Does that count as being blacklisted? :o
(You can pm me the answer to that if you'd prefer to keep any third-parties from throwing fuel on the fire)

We'd love to add you to the list of participants. Normal fee applies for now, but as we book up, I'd expect it to go up.

You really nailed it. It's all about fun and just doing something different and entertaining while we wait for Mod 9. The mana pots will indeed be put to good use for our server. Not that we need much help against the inferior servers. I think it's funny that they troll over here. I've never even visited another server forum. It must reek of boredom in the lesser communities.

Really though, the fee is so that the participant has some skin in the game so we don't get flooded with riff-raff looking for trouble. I'd rather have paying riff-raff looking for trouble.

Renegade66
06-18-2009, 01:55 PM
nice move.. now copy the new ddo model and create the

LEGION STORE

for a few number of mana pots u gain LEGION POINTS to spend as u like!!

buy raid loot, completions, flag for shroud in an hour!!!

hahahahahahahaha

Damn you Kruggar! That was the BIG SECRET coming. Now, you've ruined it.

Thrudh
06-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Damn you Kruggar! That was the BIG SECRET coming. Now, you've ruined it.

You mean vast and mysterious...
:)

InfidelofHaLL
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM
just move all of legion to khyber then i might take u up on it to lazy to run my thelanis toons up to lvl :P

bartcom2000
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I would sign up, but if the alarms going off in my nostrils are not (in fact) false, Legion is full of xorian hillbilly trailer folk, and no self respecting Thelainian would ever be caught dead co-mingling with their pets!!!!

Hail Thelanis!!! ;):D

SableShadow
06-18-2009, 02:16 PM
You mean vast and mysterious...
:)

Damn! I am far too slow. Nicely done! :)

Renegade66
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Records - so are you guys going to keep statistics and post them - that would still not be naming anyone who participated but I would love to know, how many people took you up on the offer, what their play was like etc.

Also are you going to "record" any of the questing? Some people would be okay with that and I am sure others wouldn't ....

All annonymous, no recording and no stats will be tracked. If they want to share their experience then I'll be happy to join in on the conversation.

Renegade66
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh, technical question - if someone applies, do you let them know if they are blacklisted before or after they hand over the 25 pots?

Ha ha. Before. You'd be surprised how few people we blacklist.

Renegade66
06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Hey... if i pay 50 mana pots can i be an officer for a day? :rolleyes:

Better yet... how about 100 to be guild leader for a day... I promise i wont dispand the guild :D

No way on guild leader. We can work something out for Officer status. Womp will need to be there though to demote you if you start booting all our toons out of Legion. :D

Belwaar
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
it Would Be A black List, Wouldn't It

Omg!! Roflmao!!!!!

Glorious
06-18-2009, 03:16 PM
How funny would that be - to promote someone to an Officer and then suddenly half of Legion's toons are out of their own guild by accident... Talk about wishing the price to get in had gone up just for the aggravation of relisting all the toons in the guild :)

Ren - I wish you all the luck - I know you guys are always looking for good players to join your ranks and I sincerely hope this gets you what you want.

I too agree with others that this is also a clever way to stockpile your guild for the upcoming run at the new raid when it someday materializes. Talk about great thinking to ensure you are well set for delivering another first...

toasters_rule
06-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Is there maybe a pro-rated rate for say by the hour. Some of your fancier motels will do this. Maybe a menu of cost for certain things. You could let someone know that they NEED to reroll for say 5 mana pots. Also being friendly with canadians could get you a discount of say 3 extra mana pots.

DOes secretly worshipping the DARK LORD get any discounts?

I mean liking those canadians has got to get you something.

dragons1ayer74
06-18-2009, 05:36 PM
How funny would that be - to promote someone to an Officer and then suddenly half of Legion's toons are out of their own guild by accident... Talk about wishing the price to get in had gone up just for the aggravation of relisting all the toons in the guild :)

Ren - I wish you all the luck - I know you guys are always looking for good players to join your ranks and I sincerely hope this gets you what you want.

I too agree with others that this is also a clever way to stockpile your guild for the upcoming run at the new raid when it someday materializes. Talk about great thinking to ensure you are well set for delivering another first...

Or even more fun getting officer status than fill up legion ranks as fast as you could. Good luck with the program guys.

Jaywade
06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
any takers yet ren ??? come on no names needed ....anyone pony up the pots yet?

Arlith
06-18-2009, 08:20 PM
*As a member of Legion all the worlds ill's shall be blamed on you including, but not limited to, swine flu, Iran's botched election's, swine flu, the recession, GM's bankruptcy, British people's bad dental care, George W.Bush, failed raids, swine flu.

Do not forget dead kittens.

shores11
06-18-2009, 08:33 PM

* Ventrilo access

Fees:

Terms of Service:

Is this a serious post? This seems so "I am full of myself".

Jaywade
06-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Is this a serious post? This seems so "I am full of myself".

what nothing going on in kyber forums ????

shores11
06-18-2009, 08:40 PM
what nothing going on in kyber forums ????

HUH, what does this mean?

Inspire
06-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Curious Ren;

Is this 24 in-game hours or real time hours?

I ask because I know maybe a handful of people outside of Legion that would actually make use of the 24 real time hours... If this is to "vamp-up" casual players we may need to target them on their playtime schedual. Most casual players only play 2-4 hours a night or less.

I think wed get alot more offers with the in-game hours, which means more majors for us. However, if your firm in your decision I really have no trouble with either scenario.

LastNameRage
06-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Pm'd!

Awesome.

Feyt
06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
PM'd.

I'm in too! They have a boat load of chicks in the girls only section of their Vent too! Basically, it's worth 35 majors.

Renegade66
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Curious Ren;

Is this 24 in-game hours or real time hours?

24 real time hours (1 calendar day). We could consider 8 game hours though or something equivalent.

At this point, our list of participants is full.

I'm therefore doubling the fee (50 Major Mana Pots, 70 for blacklisters). I realize that this effectively puts the program on hold until we get the first couple waves taken care of and we can then reset the fee.

I don't want to take too many people at once. I don't anyone to have to share their day with anyone else unless they choose to.

I'm really looking forward to it. We have a lot of fun things planned for the people signed up.

Ren

al73r
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
The more I think about it. This is not about "oh we are awesome", this is a screening process to see who is self sufficient. Pretty much, "are you able to bring anything to the guild?"

PS: that or it is mighty fine swindling!

moorewr
06-19-2009, 09:50 AM
The more I think about it. This is not about "oh we are awesome", this is a screening process to see who is self sufficient. Pretty much, "are you able to bring anything to the guild?"

PS: that or it is mighty fine swindling!

Why can't it be both, Alter?

juniorpfactors
06-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Good stuff guys.

For those that are interested, don't be scared off. We'll have a great time and your participation in the program will be kept annonymous unless you choose to share your experience publically.

Have I been gone so long you cant fill a raid these days with guildies or a Known commodity.....

jrp

cptcruch
06-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I think you guys should offer the initial membership for free, but charge to unlock certain advice, gear, and raid content. :D

So since mod 9 is down the road can we call this mod 9?

This is nothing more than a stroke my ego thread anyways..........

Jorval
06-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Here's my submission for the DDO Guild Motivational Poster for this month.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww306/Jorvalin/jorval.jpg

Murderface
06-19-2009, 05:54 PM
24 real time hours (1 calendar day). We could consider 8 game hours though or something equivalent.

At this point, our list of participants is full.

I'm therefore doubling the fee (50 Major Mana Pots, 70 for blacklisters). I realize that this effectively puts the program on hold until we get the first couple waves taken care of and we can then reset the fee.

I don't want to take too many people at once. I don't anyone to have to share their day with anyone else unless they choose to.

I'm really looking forward to it. We have a lot of fun things planned for the people signed up.

Ren

having a fun time to me this doesnt sound ethical but thats my opinion

maddmatt70
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
having a fun time to me this doesnt sound ethical but thats my opinion

My take on it is there are alot of lame guilds on this server if a powergaming guild can get a bunch of people to sign up for 50 pots for a day of running with them. Pugs on Khyber must be far better.

shores11
06-19-2009, 06:30 PM
My take on it is there are alot of lame guilds on this server if a powergaming guild can get a bunch of people to sign up for 50 pots for a day of running with them. Pugs on Khyber must be far better.

If players on Thelanis are resorting to this there is some major issues on Thelanis. I would seriously consider not playing on Thelanis any longer and move to another server. In fact all of the other servers do not have this type of players or guilds as a whole. Switch servers non-Legion players maddmatt70 is right the PUGs on Khyber are just as good or better and we will not charge you anything.

moorewr
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
if Players On Thelanis Are Resorting To This There Is Some Major Issues On Thelanis. I Would Seriously Consider Not Playing On Thelanis Any Longer And Move To Another Server. In Fact All Of The Other Servers Do Not Have This Type Of Players Or Guilds As A Whole. Switch Servers Non-legion Players Maddmatt70 Is Right The Pugs On Khyber Are Just As Good Or Better And We Will Not Charge You Anything.

Lol.

KatanAztar
06-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Just curious, what is it that your using up all these mana pots on?

Inspire
06-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Just curious, what is it that your using up all these mana pots on?

M9 resources I imagine.

Aussieee
06-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Only way i would pay anything at all is if i get to group with Inspire the whole day,other than that I will pass;)
So what do you say?

Halifex
06-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Ren-

Thank you for posting this. The entire thread was completely and thoroughly hilarious. I didn't realize there were members of Legion with such a great sense of humor and wit (aside from Crazyhorse and Mini of course) ... and I do understand that you are serious. ROFL

Regards,
Hal

Rayzorlew
06-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Just wait until you guys see the cost of our new "LEGION ACTION FIGURES."

lostinjapan
06-20-2009, 06:20 AM
the PUGs on Khyber are just as good or better

:D This has got to be the funniest post in this thread. Sorry Ren, he even beat yours.

Renegade66
06-20-2009, 09:33 AM

I hear if you are lucky enough to still have an original WOMP in mint condition that it's worth a fortune.

I have three rookie Diablo cards, but I was stupid and didn't collect the LAFs.

Still kicking myself.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/SdwcG979ImI/AAAAAAAATV8/SuQEqte-u5A/s400/legion_of_doom.jpg

moorewr
06-20-2009, 09:40 AM
I hear if you are lucky enough to still have an original WOMP in mint condition that it's worth a fortune.

Still kicking myself.

I still have the full set for Hey You Talkin To Me. You want them? I will pay shipping, people! :p

al73r
06-20-2009, 10:21 AM

Still kicking myself.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/SdwcG979ImI/AAAAAAAATV8/SuQEqte-u5A/s400/legion_of_doom.jpg

Last time you showed it to me it looked resealed and the corners on the box didn't seem as pointy. I call shenanigans.

stockwizard5
06-20-2009, 10:33 AM
I think I might have mistakenly run with Ren (and a couple of others) last night. Do I owe a pro-rated price if I was "Legion for a Day" but didn't realize it ;)

ps: Really solid solo Cleric last night Phalse (voice or not) - oh **** - does he have to give back the pots I owe from the run before :p

Inspire
06-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Is that an original WOMP on the far left?! LUCKY!

lostinjapan
06-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Is that an original WOMP on the far left?! LUCKY!

No, WOMP is the one with the tail on the right. :D

*sings* In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

juniorpfactors
06-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I think I might have mistakenly run with Ren (and a couple of others) last night. Do I owe a pro-rated price if I was "Legion for a Day" but didn't realize it ;)

ps: Really solid solo Cleric last night Phalse (voice or not) - oh **** - does he have to give back the pots I owe from the run before :p

what were you doing running a quest? DDo? what have I missed is there new content?

jrp

stockwizard5
06-23-2009, 04:16 PM
what were you doing running a quest? DDo? what have I missed is there new content? jrp

Easy bro - go back to sleep until we call you :eek:

Arlith
06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
You know, Luthen has been absent for the last few days and 75 mana pots are missing. It is all starting to make sense.

Caine52184
06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
If players on Thelanis are resorting to this there is some major issues on Thelanis. I would seriously consider not playing on Thelanis any longer and move to another server. In fact all of the other servers do not have this type of players or guilds as a whole. Switch servers non-Legion players maddmatt70 is right the PUGs on Khyber are just as good or better and we will not charge you anything.

You people are unbelieveable lol. Seriously...ALL SERVERS HAVE "THESE" types of players and guilds. AND...a single GUILD does not make an entire server. Get over yourselves...this is getting so old.

Thorboar
06-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Does the trip to to Jonestown and kool-aid come for free???? :D

Caine52184
06-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Here's my submission for the DDO Guild Motivational Poster for this month.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww306/Jorvalin/jorval.jpg

juniorpfactors
06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Easy bro - go back to sleep until we call you :eek:

ok good, I thought I must have missed something, like a new mod Update/ jrp slaps himself for thinking that would have happened... will check back next Quarter

jrp

Vua
06-24-2009, 05:23 PM
ok good, I thought I must have missed something, like a new mod Update/ jrp slaps himself for thinking that would have happened... will check back next Quarter

jrp

In that case you may want to wait until the following quarter.

Dozen_Black_Roses
06-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Reason 272 to support the Legion for a Day program:

http://forum.lostpedia.com/picture.php?albumid=630&pictureid=7090

Inspire
06-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Reason 272 to support the Legion for a Day program:

Force push?

Dozen_Black_Roses
06-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Hmmm I was kind of taking a jab at Ren, comparing him to the Dark Lord of the Sith but if that works for you....hey you know me, whatever turns your wagon wheels my friend.

al73r
06-26-2009, 07:54 AM
This thread and one tell; kinda tells it all.
If you can hang with the loss of 25 mana pots and show skill there is a good chance you make the cut.

Again, this is only my look on this. You can say what you want but it is an interesting recruitment tactic, all in all.

Pyromaniac
06-27-2009, 03:47 AM

jrp

Way too early for another mod, there's got to be at least another six months of stretching out that subscription dollar still...

Renegade66
06-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Ok, the first round of participants are finished. The fee is back down to the normal rate (25 major mana pots, 35 if Blacklisted).

We really had a great time this weekend. Things are pretty slow now and people are getting bored. It's nice to have new folks in Vent sharing their excitement with us veterans.

gorloch
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
You know, Luthen has been absent for the last few days and 75 mana pots are missing. It is all starting to make sense.

So if Luthen used up all our mana pots, is there any other consideration on how to pay? :rolleyes:

PIXA

sigtrent
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Ok, the first round of participants are finished. The fee is back down to the normal rate (25 major mana pots, 35 if Blacklisted).

We really had a great time this weekend. Things are pretty slow now and people are getting bored. It's nice to have new folks in Vent sharing their excitement with us veterans.

That is the pleasure of recruiting. Personally I think any guild that doesn't actively recruit is going to die sooner or later. You have to keep the blood fresh.

While it seems silly to me the whole thing makes some sense for a raiding guild. The entry fee shows some commitment and you need that for a raiding guild. Guilds should recruit in a way that reflects their values and in many ways this seems to do exactly that.

I've taken issue with legion folks on the forums but all the legion folks I've actually played with were nice folks. I was in a pug led by a legion member the other day who I though was especially cool. He had the attitude that his leadership skills could get any party through any quest (pretty much) and even offered up an apology when the group faltered for not providing good enough direction to the relatively green crew he had assembled. That's impressive in my book. And he did indeed get the group through the series we were playing even if it wasn't as quick and efficient as hoped. He stuck it through and made sure everyone worked together as a team.

bartcom2000
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/bartcom2000/Legion.jpg

Sry guys...had to do it!!!:D;):D

Renegade66
07-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks BC2K. Good stuff.

This program has ended. We have one participant left in queue and it's time to focus on Mod 9.

I hope everyone that participated found it as rewarding as we did.

Ren

al73r
07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks BC2K. Good stuff.

This program has ended. We have one participant left in queue and it's time to focus on Mod 9.

I hope everyone that participated found it as rewarding as we did.

Ren

How many people did you recruit?

LastNameRage
07-16-2009, 01:09 AM
I got recruited, it cost me an extra 20 pots though. I was booted the following day because my rl peen was alot bigger then clay's and it didn't slant left which is a guild requirement now.

Clay
07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
I got recruited, it cost me an extra 20 pots though. I was booted the following day because my rl peen was alot bigger then clay's and it didn't slant left which is a guild requirement now.

Usually the one that needs to brag the loudest has the least to brag about...

Renegade66
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
How many people did you recruit?

In the spirit of annonymity, I won't answer directly. However, Legion has recently added five probationary recruits from various sources. One has failed to make the cut. The others are still being evaluated.

I will say that quite a bit of Raid loot went to participants who otherwise would not have had the opportunity to get those items.

Wizzly_Bear
07-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Usually the one that needs to brag the loudest has the least to brag about...
unless youre Legion? :p

Cowdenicus
07-16-2009, 12:43 PM

Do they come with the "Kung-Fu Grip?"

Cowdenicus
07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
This thread is hereby officially Cowbell Approved.....

Eldun
07-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I'd like to sign up a "friend" of mine for the Legion for a day program. I'd like to choose the day you beat the raid so he can say he's been in all the first time wins. He's a sensitive guy so I'll keep him anonymous for now.

Renegade66
07-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I'd like to sign up a "friend" of mine for the Legion for a day program. I'd like to choose the day you beat the raid so he can say he's been in all the first time wins. He's a sensitive guy so I'll keep him anonymous for now.

Just have Band send me a tell. Oops, I hope I didn't blow his cover. :eek:

Renegade66
07-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Do they come with the "Kung-Fu Grip?"

"Kung-Fu Grip" is so '70s. Legion Action Figures come with "Vorpal Hacks" and a full compliment of "Zergonomic Enhancements".

ace_mason
08-01-2009, 03:36 AM
"Kung-Fu Grip" is so '70s. Legion Action Figures come with "Vorpal Hacks" and a full compliment of "Zergonomic Enhancements".
Eldun wants to know.
Are they anatomically correct? ;)

AxeM
08-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Maybe I can run a side business.
Hate a legion member? Have them removed from the guild for 24hrs. Make them suffer and pug like everyone else. I'm sure Womp would have fun kicking people. Make it 20 Majors for a normal player and 30 for an officer.

Imagine your chance to make fun of Renegade as he sits outside the hound waiting for a pug to pick him up, only to find out it's Legion and they kick him halfway to the quest for a guildie.

Braegan
08-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Eldun wants to know.
Are they anatomically correct? ;)

1) Yes they Are!

2) No Eldun cannot wrap his hands around a Braegan action figure!

Wizzly_Bear
08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe I can run a side business.
Hate a legion member? Have them removed from the guild for 24hrs. Make them suffer and pug like everyone else. I'm sure Womp would have fun kicking people. Make it 20 Majors for a normal player and 30 for an officer.

Imagine your chance to make fun of Renegade as he sits outside the hound waiting for a pug to pick him up, only to find out it's Legion and they kick him halfway to the quest for a guildie.
i know people always type lol, and that its rarely technically true, but this one def made me lol :D

/+ rep

moorewr
08-01-2009, 09:52 PM
i know people always type lol, and that its rarely technically true, but this one def made me lol :D

/+ rep

People do type 'lol' many times when they aren't for each tiem when they are. :cool:

http://12.media.tumblr.com/kf9vBxISYl42u4tazMHWDinko1_r1_400.png

Eldun
08-03-2009, 11:00 AM
1) Yes they Are!

2) No Eldun cannot wrap his hands around a Braegan action figure!

I was hoping that with the kung fu grip the braegan action figure could wrap his hand around eldun.

Jaywade
08-03-2009, 01:01 PM
my god are people still paying for the ability to run through loot runs and raids w/ ren and his merry (some unmerry for sure :p ) grp of zerg craqzed guildies....... hey ren w/ they kill the zerg w/ the dungeon alert **** and adding doors and such w/ you guys still try to lag out the rest of the server??????? if so maybe I'll log in when this goes live ..... I would love to lag out the server w/ the very same device the added to
STOP lag but only make more lag..... I wonder if you can get banned for that?

Rayzorlew
08-03-2009, 10:34 PM
http://www.artconspiracy.com/files/2144117475/midget.jpg

The "Jellybean and Womp" action figure are done!!!!
(Life size available, as seen above)
Order them now!!!

Special moves......
Womp=The Pimp Slap!!!!!
Jellybean=The Raid Nazi Bezerk!!! (His head actually flies off!)

Also when you rub their special weapons ;).....
Womp sing's "Loving you is easy 'cause your beautiful!"

Jellybean yell's "Haste, Haste, haste,......."

Best of all when you get them together they yell "REROLL" and they magically disapear.......because you were booted from the party!:eek:

More characters coming soon..........

Braegan
08-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I was hoping that with the kung fu grip the braegan action figure could wrap his hand around eldun.

You don't think too much of yourself iffin you think a miniture action figure is able to handle the job do you? :eek:

DoctorWhofan
08-03-2009, 11:32 PM

* Ventrilo access

Fees:

Terms of Service:

Do I get a discount for being a Legionnaire for over a year???:D

And what are your other action figure selections?

iscifi
08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Legion Action Figures come with "Vorpal Hacks" and a full compliment of "Zergonomic Enhancements".

If they need the gear, doesn't that mean they should re-roll, because they are gimped?

I'm just saying...

;-)

Braegan
08-04-2009, 04:18 AM
If they need the gear, doesn't that mean they should re-roll, because they are gimped?

I'm just saying...

;-)

All Legion members and thier action figure follow the Sparta code. If they are weak or gimp they are cast out over unforgiving seas, never to be seen from again.

Of course as in RL the rich get richer, in game the uber do indeed get more uber. I guess all I can say is a great quote:

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp73/guitargeorge101/pretension.jpg

Eldun
08-04-2009, 06:43 AM
You don't think too much of yourself iffin you think a miniture action figure is able to handle the job do you? :eek:

It's on par with the old star war figure ben kenobi's light saber but shorter
(same blue color even)

Renegade66
08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Robi happened to have a picture of his Legion Action Figure.

A discontinued Drak no less.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/m_1ccc9a735fe22dbcf038214c02fdd2ba.jpg

bartcom2000
08-04-2009, 10:47 AM

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/m_1ccc9a735fe22dbcf038214c02fdd2ba.jpg

I bet Sean Conery has that pic up on the wal in his house......!! Nasty!

Robi3.0
08-04-2009, 10:54 AM

That will be 25 major Mana pots for using my likeness to promote your thread. Please send payment via mail to Robi in game thank you.

Rayzorlew
08-06-2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.ravensbreath.com/ghosts/ghosts/percy_haunted_ghost_dolls_1.jpg

The "LAWST" action'less figure has arrived!!!
It's not a quest until he dies!

Sarcos
08-06-2009, 04:11 AM
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/10/08/zombie-doll.jpg

This is such a better Lawst dude...so much better!

Clay
08-06-2009, 04:12 AM
http://comps.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/SUE/SUE119/WMBW0014.jpghttp://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SUE/SUE119/sumo_%7EWMBW0014.jpghttp://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SUE/SUE119/sumo_%7EWMBW0014.jpg

Sarcos
08-06-2009, 04:25 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lWET_BXRU9c/RoMY1qEafVI/AAAAAAAAArY/G1ndovK3g1M/s400/Clerks+Animated+Big+Ass+Silent+Bob+Figure.jpg

And now unveiling...the Sarcos Action figure. The resemblance is striking!

Eldun
08-12-2009, 06:20 AM
http://comps.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/SUE/SUE119/WMBW0014.jpghttp://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SUE/SUE119/sumo_%7EWMBW0014.jpghttp://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SUE/SUE119/sumo_%7EWMBW0014.jpg

This reminds me, whens the wife's due date rev?

-Satureon-
09-25-2009, 05:30 AM
LOL

Thank you for this post!
It was really funny all together.

Mecholi22
03-21-2010, 05:13 AM

Omg lmfao.. made me spill my beer..

Trillea
03-21-2010, 05:17 AM
http://content.turbine.com/sites/compendium.ddo.com/images/icons/feat/benefit_cleric_extraturning_1.png

DoctorWhofan
03-21-2010, 07:31 PM
/casting raise Dead!

Crystalizer
03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
that thread is a great laugh for sure, at least legion is good enough of that :)

Minrothad
05-14-2010, 01:08 PM

* Ventrilo access

Fees:

Terms of Service:

ego much?

Caine52184
05-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm kinda bored atm.... *get's comfy* :D lol

Swedishchef
05-14-2010, 01:25 PM
http://crolack.com/pics/NecroPost.jpg

Caine52184
05-14-2010, 01:30 PM
*ducks* Please diregard the above post :p lol

Nezichiend
05-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Izree rules this thread.

MrWizard
05-17-2010, 08:50 PM
if your guild is so uber, why do you need so many mana pots?
is teth running through them that quickly?

Judo
05-18-2010, 06:55 AM
if your guild is so uber, why do you need so many mana pots?
is teth running through them that quickly?

You'd figure they'd have a never ending supply based on the 35 pots they get
daily from Flabby.

Clay
05-18-2010, 07:05 AM
ego much?

Satire much?

Renegade66
05-18-2010, 04:23 PM
ego much?

Humungous say, "Just walk away".

http://reason.com/assets/mc/psuderman/2009_10/humungus_speech.jpg

Vint
05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
You'd figure they'd have a never ending supply based on the 35 pots they get
daily from Flabby.

Need help farming them or buying if you have extra?

bartcom2000
05-19-2010, 07:13 AM
can i be legion for a day? i have much pot....no really........just for a day...

Renegade66
05-19-2010, 08:04 AM
can i be legion for a day? i have much pot....no really........just for a day...

Unfortunately, the volume of participants became too much to handle and we decided to end the program. We definitely had a lot of fun with the folks that signed up and there wasn't a single person that complained about the cost. I'd say everyone ended up with at least one piece of raid loot they wouldn't normally have received. One guy I remember got three raid loot items including a +3 tome and that's just during the time I was online.

Irinis
05-23-2010, 09:03 AM
You ended the program? Oh noes, and here I was about to make you a counteroffer: I'm a girl IN REAL LIFE, so give me 35 mana pots and I'll be member of Legion for a day!

I still need that pesky Bauble. Boo.

ImNotAlone
05-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Ren did you play TAO? Wierd question but I knew a guy who had the exact same name as u.

Respon1bity
06-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Ive been playing DDO since march, and i've never even seen your build before. Why would I want to be apart of the "most powerful guild in the game" that i've never ehard about or seen before. Nah I wont participate in you program. :)

ayspam
06-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Ive been playing DDO since march, and i've never even seen your build before. Why would I want to be apart of the "most powerful guild in the game" that i've never ehard about or seen before. Nah I wont participate in you program. :)

Time to leave korthos, and the harbor then, dont you think?

Tom318
10-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Just to ask this :

So what's the guild level of the greatest guild on Thelanis? :D

Renegade66
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Just to ask this :

So what's the guild level of the greatest guild on Thelanis? :D

Thanks for the Necro.

The answer to your question is: Who cares?

The real question is, "What's the guild level of the greatest guild in DDO?"
Answer: Currently 59 - Legion of New Xoriat (aka Thelanis).

Robi3.0
10-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the Necro.

So I am really lame, and don't have enough Major mana potions to buy my way into your guild for a day.

I am however very "driven to excel" and I love to RP so I think I would be a great addition to your guild.

I read somewhere on the forums that you guys like to raid while wearing bunny outfits. I currently don't have one, but my neighbor had a furry fetish, so I am sure I can barrow one from her.

I have also applied to My Little Pwnies as my safe guild, hopefully I will get into yours though. /fingerscrossed

PS in case you guys care my hobbies are Long walks in the Vale, pwning noobs in PvP, and ************.

Tom318
10-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the Necro.

You just got beaten by Chaos Knights on Argo then.. they've reached 60 already :)

Renegade66
10-13-2010, 11:34 AM
You just got beaten by Chaos Knights on Argo then.. they've reached 60 already :)

You asked what is the renown level of the greatest guild, not which guild has the highest renown. Those are two completely different things.

Not sure who currently has the highest guild renown, but it is well over 60.

k1ngp1n
10-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I do have to say that this was a poorly executed necro. Very little style, drama present but pretty much already exhausted. A little humor and opportunity for elitism, so not a total fail I suppose.

2/5 stars

Renegade66
10-13-2010, 11:53 AM
2/5 stars

I'd say you are being generous.

Sheelba
10-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Well say what you want about Legion, this proves they have a sense of humour! Loved this post when i first saw it and I'm glad to see it back again. Unfortunately I am an eternal noob and avoid Legion as I would rather they didn't blacklist me or my guild. Used to know a few of them back on devourer but that was years ago and I doubt they would remember me. They'd probably describe me as "a nice guy but a complete noob" if they did, lol. Love the way they set the benchmark even for the people who loath them. Love the way people think they are so cocky that this thread was for real too!

However, poverty has reduced me to:

Any legion member who wants to let me pike ToD can arrange for me to look cool in a corner shouting encouragements for the tiny price of a large stone each, let me, Polybius know in game. Inventive hindi insults to the, er, what do we fight there again? at no extra cost.

NeutronStar
10-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Thread necromancers must die and stay dead. :mad:

Renegade66
10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Love the way people think they are so cocky that this thread was for real too!

What do you mean it wasn't real?

AkromaAoW
10-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Love the way people think they are so cocky that this thread was for real too!

Well, of course it was real. I even received a personal tell during the promotion with an offer to be Legion for a day for a measly 50 pots. Of course, I required more than that to actually join, but it was nice of them to offer...

Cheers,

E.

PS: Hi Ren :).

Gunga
10-13-2010, 05:25 PM
And here I was all ready to pwny up the plat to be in Legion for one whole glorious day only to find out that they are not the highest guild level?!

pfft. I can be slack for a day, everyday, for free.

Tom318
10-14-2010, 03:23 AM
You asked what is the renown level of the greatest guild, not which guild has the highest renown. Those are two completely different things.

So how do you justify your opinion that it's the greatest guild?

karl_k0ch
10-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Not sure who currently has the highest guild renown, but it is well over 60.
Over Raided of Orien is currently at level 64+. They have 82 members.

blitzschlag
10-14-2010, 03:59 AM
So how do you justify your opinion that it's the greatest guild?

maybe you want to elaborate on the topic how the guildlevel correlates with the guild quality before posting more stuff that makes you look silly...

legion are surely not the best there is. but they have the dedication

Tom318
10-14-2010, 04:01 AM
maybe you want to elaborate on the topic how the guildlevel correlates with the guild quality before posting more stuff that makes you look silly...

I'll justify mine as soon as you justify yours :)

blitzschlag
10-14-2010, 04:05 AM
I'll justify mine as soon as you justify yours :)

i have nothing to justify. i'm in no way related to legion...

still drivel is drivel

Tom318
10-14-2010, 04:14 AM
i have nothing to justify. i'm in no way related to legion...

still drivel is drivel

It is.. well being generous so.. guild level is something everyone can see and verify. You can't claim a guild level you don't have. Anyone can claim to be the first level 20 half-orc, but how would anyone prove that? but you can claim to have for instance a level 70 guild, and anyone from the person who joined on the first day to the person who's played for years, can see whether or not your guild is level 70.

So it's an independent, verifiable metric of measurement that is independent of opinion and conjecture.

BurningDownTheHouse
10-14-2010, 04:16 AM
So it's an independent, verifiable metric of measurement that is independent of opinion and conjecture.

Sure, except it measures the wrong thing....

Tom318
10-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Sure, except it measures the wrong thing....

That's open to much debate I guess.

blitzschlag
10-14-2010, 04:20 AM

as you can see its not free of opinion. feel free to raid with the great "english comedy series" guild on thelanis...

BurningDownTheHouse
10-14-2010, 04:29 AM
as you can see its not free of opinion. feel free to raid with the great "english comedy series" guild on thelanis...

Lol, QFT.

Tom318
10-14-2010, 04:31 AM

Yes it is. If you have a level 60 guild, then "I have a level 60 guild" is not an opinion. Whether or not it's a measure of "greatness" is. What it is, though, is a verifiable way to measure something that can't be accomplished easily.

BurningDownTheHouse
10-14-2010, 04:33 AM
What it is, though, is a verifiable way to measure something that can't be accomplished easily.

Standing in the harbor and spamming guild invites all day long, is actually quite easy. :rolleyes:

Tom318
10-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Standing in the harbor and spamming guild invites all day long, is actually quite easy. :rolleyes:

You don't get guild favor from standing in the harbor spamming invites :)

BurningDownTheHouse
10-14-2010, 04:38 AM
You don't get guild favor from standing in the harbor spamming invites :)

No, you get it from n00bs that accept your guild invites and then proceed with earning you free renown.

blitzschlag
10-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Yes it is. If you have a level 60 guild, then "I have a level 60 guild" is not an opinion. Whether or not it's a measure of "greatness" is. What it is, though, is a verifiable way to measure something that can't be accomplished easily.

the guild level is just that, the guild level. if you quest regularly with either a small or large enough guild everyone reaches certain guildlevels. so the small guild of lvl 20s that does constant epics and high level raiding gets to the same level as fast as the large guild of f2p that never play beyond lvl 10 and farm irestone inlet because of the fat lootz.

its just a indication of constant questing/raiding around or above charlevel.

sure, if you are lvl 70, it shows that you are lvl 70. but what relevance does it have other than different options for your guildleader to pay cash to turbine?

if you play the game you know what guilds are in your "league" that you can blindly invite into your raids/quests. if you don't know the guild but see a high guildlevel, its a sign to back off (at least for me).

Tom318
10-14-2010, 04:59 AM
No, you get it from n00bs that accept your guild invites and then proceed with earning you free renown.

That's an achievement as much as any, and at least he's learning some real-world skills :)

Tom318
10-14-2010, 05:02 AM
the guild level is just that, the guild level. if you quest regularly with either a small or large enough guild everyone reaches certain guildlevels. so the small guild of lvl 20s that does constant epics and high level raiding gets to the same level as fast as the large guild of f2p that never play beyond lvl 10 and farm irestone inlet because of the fat lootz.

its just a indication of constant questing/raiding around or above charlevel.

sure, if you are lvl 70, it shows that you are lvl 70. but what relevance does it have other than different options for your guildleader to pay cash to turbine?

if you play the game you know what guilds are in your "league" that you can blindly invite into your raids/quests. if you don't know the guild but see a high guildlevel, its a sign to back off (at least for me).

That leaves us without a measure of "greatness" that is independent, verifiable and free of opinion.

BurningDownTheHouse
10-14-2010, 05:16 AM
That's an achievement as much as any, and at least he's learning some real-world skills

That leaves us without a measure of "greatness" that is independent, verifiable and free of opinion.

Bored (trolled?) now, bah-bye.

blitzschlag
10-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Bored (trolled?) now, bah-bye.

yeah, he made it to my list with the drivel of this and some other threads today.

fuzzy1guy
10-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Funniest thing i've read all week.

kailiea
10-14-2010, 07:32 AM

I bet that level 70 guild can't run Tower of despair in 9 min but I know Legion can....

It was even verified with a screen shot in the achievement section.... along with an 11 min shroud, 4 min hound elite etc etc

The current renown system only benefits small or large guilds and really any noob can loot a chest

Rasczak
10-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Now that is some funny doo doo.

Good job guys, that's a great way to pick up recruits who will pay you to be in your guild....

25pots.....Tell you what...I'll donate 25pots to Legion since they obviously becoming poor :D

Purgatory
10-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Its nice to do a Tod,Hound and Shroud all before your ship buffs run out :)

GlorkTheInvader
10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
I bet that level 70 guild can't run Tower of despair in 9 min but I know Legion can....

It was even verified with a screen shot in the achievement section.... along with an 11 min shroud, 4 min hound elite etc etc

The current renown system only benefits small or large guilds and really any noob can loot a chest
Yeah, it seems to me that there are plenty of other measurable, verifiable ways of measuring greatness, that have MUCH more to do with in-game/in-quest ability than how quickly you can loot renown.

Renegade66
10-14-2010, 09:05 AM
There's a separate thread with about a jabillion posts explaining why guild renown does not equate to guild power. Find that one and do your homework.

We figured this out early during the race to GL20 on Thelanis. Legion just did their usual high end zerging of raids and epic content. When we got up to about level 15 or so, we realized that Bane(?) was a couple levels ahead of us. So, we took a day and a half out of running challenging content to farm Epic Von 2 chests like everyone else was doing. Boring as hell and 0 challenge, but we quickly overtook them and was GL 20 well before anyone else on Thelanis.

Another server made 20 before us, but in reality if we would have chosen to farm chests from day 1, we would have reached the goal at least 3 days earlier than anyone else. The point is not to say we should have done that or sour grapes. The point is that the renown system is severely flawed when it comes to measuring guild power, so we wrote it off as a guild goal.

One can argue the key measurements equating to the most powerful guild. Keep in mind that Power does not equal Quality. Meaning, you don't have to be nice to be powerful.

Another important note is that being small does not give you a bonus to being powerful. Quite the opposite actually. There are many guilds twice as large as Legion. If this allows them to knockout more elite/epic content and gain worldwide firsts then they are more powerful than us. There are no weight classes in DDO. Well unless you consider the flawed renown system.

Here are some general qualities to measure guild Power. The weighting of each is debatable as well as the list itself. Again, there's an entire thread devoted to the obvious.

* Most epic quest/raid completions
* Most elite quest/raid completions
* Percent success rate for epic/elite content
* Lowest average completion time for epic/elite content
* Most worldwide firsts
* Most server firsts
* Other significant accomplishments (e.g. first to solo something extremely difficult to solo)

By the way, none of these factors are included in guild renown. Renown misses the mark entirely wrt guild power.

To answer, how do I know that Legion is the most powerful guild in the game, I offer "It just is". Kind of like, why is the ocean wet? It just is. Everyone knows it is. Everyone agrees that it is. You can set criteria for wetness, but in the end the ocean will be most wet, just as Legion is most powerful.

If you need more meat, then take my sig for example. You will see a slew of worldwide firsts and also other accomplishments such as first to cap a permatoon. Someone mentioned these are easy accomplishments based on dedication alone. I disagree. People had been trying to cap a perma-toon for years with no success. There is an entire guild dedicated to doing so. It took more than dedication to make it happen. It took power, especially when considering it was accomplished in less than a month in a 3 man group.

Those accomplishments represent just 1 member of Legion. Multiply that out by the others in Legion with time records, firsts, solo achievements, etc. Then compare that list to other guilds. I doubt you'll even find another guild with as many achievements as any one of us alone. A fact is a fact. The ocean is wet. Legion is most powerful.

Renegade66
10-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Now 25pots.....Tell you what...I'll donate 25pots to Legion since they obviously becoming poor :D

Look at the OP date. Well over a year ago and before the Newb-store started selling pots to generate revenue to improve server performance for LotR.

I will take your pots though. Please send to Marauder. Thanks.

Rasczak
10-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Look at the OP date. Well over a year ago and before the Newb-store started selling pots to generate revenue to improve server performance for LotR.

I will take your pots though. Please send to Marauder. Thanks.

The comment was based on posts still be made currently as well as the program seeming to continue ;)

In fact the power argument has yet again started based on guild renown and first achievements and while I find it funny to have ppl screaming over who is strongest and I giggle, I'll go with smartest anyday. I mean would I prefer to go with the guild that throws a ton of pots at a quest to claim first completion to the point they have to charge an entrance fee to make it up, or a guild that completes just as easily with no resources....hmm....you're welcome to the pots...I don't need them since most first time runs I do and most accomplishments are done without hefty fees ;)

Well done, you get first prize...I'll admit you are the strongest guild....so what do you get for being there that I don't?

Renegade66
10-14-2010, 09:52 AM
The comment was based on posts still be made currently as well as the program seeming to continue ;)

In fact the power argument has yet again started based on guild renown and first achievements and while I find it funny to have ppl screaming over who is strongest and I giggle, I'll go with smartest anyday. I mean would I prefer to go with the guild that throws a ton of pots at a quest to claim first completion to the point they have to charge an entrance fee to make it up, or a guild that completes just as easily with no resources....hmm....you're welcome to the pots...I don't need them since most first time runs I do and most accomplishments are done without hefty fees ;)

Well done, you get first prize...I'll admit you are the strongest guild....so what do you get for being there that I don't?

Neg repped me for that post? Ha ha, aren't you special. Anyway, the program is long since over. The post just gets necro'd every 6 months or so. The last time, I responded that it was still over, so not sure where you get the impression the progam seems to be continuing.

GFU for admitting Legion is the strongest guild. The first step in recovery is always admitting the obvious.

What do we get that you do not? Quite a bit actually. Of course, we're talking about a game here and not RL, so don't get confused.

1. We have accomplishments and can take pride in them. You do not.
2. We get notariety. People know Legion. You are not known.
3. We get the best players in the game striving to join Legion versus having to search them out. Top players do not contact you to join your guild (assuming you are in one).
4. We get the benefit of the doubt. If Legion says it's true then it probably is. People scanning a thread for an answer would stop at all Legion posts among others of course, just not yours.
5. We get taken into strong groups over non-Legion players. If the party leader had you or a Legion guy to take for the last spot, you would be passed-over everytime.
6. Whenever we are in game, we are always with a full team of the best players in the game. Therefore we have quicker access to loot and more chances at powerful loot than you do.
7. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies.

Did I answer your question?

Orratti
10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
If you have not known of, been jealous of, hated, or competed against Legion for the past, well, FOREVER then you have no idea who the best guild out there is. Legion is what they claim until someone can prove them wrong. If you think you're better you're gonna need more than a bigger airship to prove it.

Rasczak
10-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Neg repped me for that post? Ha ha, aren't you special. Anyway, the program is long since over. The post just gets necro'd every 6 months or so. The last time, I responded that it was still over, so not sure where you get the impression the progam seems to be continuing.

GFU for admitting Legion is the strongest guild. The first step in recovery is always admitting the obvious.

What do we get that you do not? Quite a bit actually. Of course, we're talking about a game here and not RL, so don't get confused.

1. We have accomplishments and can take pride in them. You do not.
2. We get notariety. People know Legion. You are not known.
3. We get the best players in the game striving to join Legion versus having to search them out. Top players do not contact you to join your guild (assuming you are in one).
4. We get the benefit of the doubt. If Legion says it's true then it probably is. People scanning a thread for an answer would stop at all Legion posts among others of course, just not yours.
5. We get taken into strong groups over non-Legion players. If the party leader had you or a Legion guy to take for the last spot, you would be passed-over everytime.
6. Whenever we are in game, we are always with a full team of the best players in the game. Therefore we have quicker access to loot and more chances at powerful loot than you do.
7. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies.

Didn't neg rep you, maybe whoever did will fess up and explain why?
I got neg repped myself so ego's are very fragile.

You didn't answer any of my questions and the fact that ego's are so fragile....well that says something. Everything you list above is not exclusive to Legion.

But I will make sure that next time I post tongue in cheek, I will explain it out for people who obviously don't get sarcasm very often.

Be honest...Legion asked for the dice changes didn't they? <==== This is known as teasing

Although you're slightly delusional looking at your above reply but I won't hold it against you.

EDIT: Shame on me for speed reading. I found this thread because someone said they were applying to do it. I needed the giggle though so thanks for that. I retract my intial post since I was misinformed.

Renegade66
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
EDIT: Tvm for the neg rep which seems to be based on the fact you believe I neg repp'd you. An amazing way to show how Legion can be wrong...Have a nice day.

Wasn't me. I don't think I've ever used that button.

Renegade66
10-14-2010, 12:54 PM
You didn't answer any of my questions and the fact that ego's are so fragile....well that says something. Everything you list above is not exclusive to Legion.

Your question was "so what do you get for being there that I don't?". I believe I answered accordingly.

It appears that you meant to ask "so what do you get for being there that is exclusive to Legion?" That's a completely different question and therefore a different set of answers.

1. We get to take pride in Legion's long list of world firsts and other accomplishments that are exclusive to our guild alone.
2. We get notariety. People know Legion. We are exclusively at the top of the list of well-known guilds.
3. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies. This is exclusive to Legion.

Clay
10-14-2010, 12:57 PM
It is.. well being generous so.. guild level is something everyone can see and verify. You can't claim a guild level you don't have. Anyone can claim to be the first level 20 half-orc, but how would anyone prove that? but you can claim to have for instance a level 70 guild, and anyone from the person who joined on the first day to the person who's played for years, can see whether or not your guild is level 70.

Please, I would really like to know how Renown enables guilds to complete raids and epics timely, efficiently and first. I would also love to see an explanation how a 1000 member guild with harbour newbs, with 60 renown can translate that renown into epic completions.

How is Renown in anyway a measurement of anything other than how many chests are opened.

Now yes, "greatest" of anything is open for debate, as there are so many variables people can argue about. However, renown has no value in measuring a guild's ability to get the job done whether that job be completing epics, permadeath or roleplaying.

Jaywade
10-14-2010, 01:15 PM
haven't logged in for months and still the legion hate is around huh .... you'd guy would like Ren better if you knew he wears a t-shirt w/ fuzzy bunnies and teddy bears when he plays...now clay ...well he plays in the NUDE :eek:

Clay
10-14-2010, 01:17 PM
haven't logged in for months and still the legion hate is around huh .... you'd guy would like Ren better if you knew he wears a t-shirt w/ fuzzy bunnies and teddy bears when he plays...now clay ...well he plays in the NUDE :eek:
You have access to the same spy camera network that Raiden does? :eek:

dsebutchr
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
How is Renown in anyway a measurement of anything other than how many chests are opened.

We base our member worth on how much renown we can exploit out of them.

Just because Legion gauges players on things like...accomplishments...phhhtt....does not, in any way, mean that's the best.

Some guilds might like the color of the toon's docent. Other's might invite them based on their name, or that joke they told in that quest that one night.

Other guilds might invite them solely on the basis that they eat cheetos in their underwear during boss fights. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's the best method...I just heard this was done okay!!!!!

Stop looking at me like that dammit!!!!1!!!1!1!!!!!11!

Mister_Peace
10-14-2010, 01:28 PM
I rolled a toon on Thelanis, bought 25 pots from the plat farmers, but joined Legoin instead by mistake.

This isn't really a problem, as my new buddies Legolassss and Drizzzzzt are as good as anyone when it comes to helping me get ready for endgame pvp.

Mercureal
10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
I saw that this thread had been revived, and since it's a slow day at work I was hoping for a little entertainment. I was bitterly disappointed. Boring. Drama fail!

Thread necro-er, you have let me and everyone else down, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Jaywade
10-14-2010, 01:36 PM
You have access to the same spy camera network that Raiden does? :eek:

don't tell ;)

hey clay how come I can't log in...I keep getting unable to connect to world...is the game messed up? I haven't played in about a year or so (since our daughter was born)

Rasczak
10-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Your question was "so what do you get for being there that I don't?". I believe I answered accordingly.

In relation to a need to defend Legion. Legion is fine by me either way. I am not in Legion so my question was what do you have in Legion that I don't have where I am. This post of yours I'm currently quoting relates better.

1. We get to take pride in Legion's long list of world firsts and other accomplishments that are exclusive to our guild alone.

A positive most definitely, but not every first or accomplishment is Legion's. And not every accomplishment or first is public knowledge....we have seen the proof before.

2. We get notariety. People know Legion. We are exclusively at the top of the list of well-known guilds.

Aah but noteriety works both ways. being so well known and/or hated means one of two things, less chance of certain groupings or better chance in others. Although one of your original posts you say you fill up with guildies and pug now and then so being at the top of well known guilds doesn't have that much bonus. I myself rarely Pug and only run with guildies so being at the top of well known guilds isn't that much of a bonus.

3. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies. This is exclusive to Legion.

That I will definitely give to you. Certain Legion attitudes are not very becoming for me but it doesn't matter either way. If I don't like I leave. People will play the way they determine to be fun for them. If Legion decides that treating pug members in a certain way is fun then you're doing something right. Most guilds will choose to treat pugs in a way whether considered good or bad. The reason I am in a certain guild is because I believe in how the guild works and their approach so I wouldn't say being accused of being a bunch of meanies is something I give a snot about. But as for targets. you do get that exclusive right ;)

First thing you learn here is Legion is to blame. Not sure what of but t-shirts hsould be handed out in the market :p

Maybe I should point out that while it may seem I came across as being one of those, erm it's in this pm..."jealous types", I am in fact not. I feel about Legion about as much as I feel for some unrecognisable guild. You guys have accomplishments, I have them to and we go on and on because at the end of the day, you have to feel pride in what you doing. Legion gets that right to.

I'm not here to debate greatness though, I saw the thread and thought it was funny and marvelous all at once. I can imagine the amount of people scrambling like peons to get 24hours :p you guys must have made a killing. That would most likely be an exclusive Legion affair as well. No other guild has tried it before so sincere kudos for doing it. But understand, that if you step back and look at the marvelous arrogance of it, like it's actually important to be able to say you spent 24hours with Legion like it's a badge of honour you reserve for things like spending time with Metallica or whoever an idol is to you...that's the part I find funny ;)

Gunga
10-14-2010, 03:30 PM

YOU'RE MEAN!

can i join?

Tom318
10-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Please, I would really like to know how Renown enables guilds to complete raids and epics timely, efficiently and first. I would also love to see an explanation how a 1000 member guild with harbour newbs, with 60 renown can translate that renown into epic completions.

It doesn't, it's just a measure of success that can be easily quantified and verified. It's like having the richest company in the world. You can be first, you can be more timely or more efficient or whatever, but the fact remains that you can't PROVE that you were more timely or more efficient or first, and that guild can PROVE that he has more reknown that you.

And get this, you can spend reknown but you can't spend "greatness" :)

Still, if it can be proven that opening more chests leads to more reknown, then it can be objectively said at least that they have opened more chests. Since chests usually appear in places where creatures have to be beaten, it can also be said that they have beaten more creatures. In truth though, you don't only get reknown from opening chests, so you can't say it's a measurement of anything other than they have played a lot for a long time, which surely is the mark of a sustainable guild.

Now yes, "greatest" of anything is open for debate

Fair enough, so if you want to call your guild the "greatest" you'll have to provide a way to objectively measure and verify the greatness that you claim your guild has.

However, renown has no value in measuring a guild's ability to get the job done whether that job be completing epics, permadeath or roleplaying.

It can't be said that reknown has no value though, it enables you to get a good guild ship and lots of enhancements for it.

Delt
10-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Fair enough, so if you want to call your guild the "greatest" you'll have to provide a way to objectively measure and verify the greatness that you claim your guild has.

You do delera's on casual in a full group and wiped in Dirty Laundry. No one cares what you think.

On a semi-related note, Legion picked up the first completionist on Thelanis on his last life if I am not mistaken...accomplishment padders.

Rasczak
10-15-2010, 07:18 AM
On a semi-related note, Legion picked up the first completionist on Thelanis on his last life if I am not mistaken...accomplishment padders.

well then we might as well stick all the facts together, that same completionist was in another guild doing most of it a couple weeks before he joined Legion......every accomplishment has a background story and at the end of the day it's not guilds. It's players and Legion does have a lot of good ones.

But enough hijacking, I'll leave the thread to be drowned again ;)

kailiea
10-15-2010, 10:07 AM

The easiest way to find that out is to stroll on over to the achievements sections of the forums............ which is where most players go when they want to know who has done something "great"

I am sorry people feel that your guild is a bit sub par in comparison to ours but most don't find 1000 f2p accounts ransacking Irestone Inlet ad nauseum much of an achievement.

However I will say congrats to your guild hitting level 70!

I hope to see an achievement thread from you where you and your friends tackle the deadly deeps of Shanto Kor. It is always nice to see the F2P players expanding there experiences.

AkromaAoW
10-15-2010, 05:39 PM
The easiest way to find that out is to stroll on over to the achievements sections of the forums............ which is where most players go when they want to know who has done something "great"

You know, not everyone who has done something "great" posts such things. In fact, some folks probably do their best to avoid such sharing. Not looking for drama, I'm just saying that some folks have pretty regularly done some amazing things that will never be posted.

Srozbun
10-15-2010, 06:08 PM
It doesn't, it's just a measure of success that can be easily quantified and verified. It's like having the richest company in the world. You can be first, you can be more timely or more efficient or whatever, but the fact remains that you can't PROVE that you were more timely or more efficient or first, and that guild can PROVE that he has more reknown that you.

And get this, you can spend reknown but you can't spend "greatness" :)

Your analogy does not compute. Having the most renown in DDO does not come close to being the richest company in the real world. More like having the most renown in DDO equals most publicized company.

Still, if it can be proven that opening more chests leads to more reknown, then it can be objectively said at least that they have opened more chests. Since chests usually appear in places where creatures have to be beaten, it can also be said that they have beaten more creatures. In truth though, you don't only get reknown from opening chests, so you can't say it's a measurement of anything other than they have played a lot for a long time, which surely is the mark of a sustainable guild.

You can beat epic Claw of Vulkoor with 2 kills (I think, not 100% sure) or you can beat Kobold Assault Casual with 200 kills. Does this mean the later was 100 times more difficult than the first?

I have my own opinions on this one, but suffice to say your "objectives" are not a measurement of guild or player skill whatsoever

It can't be said that reknown has no value though, it enables you to get a good guild ship and lots of enhancements for it.

No one is arguing against this. Just don't see the relevance to the argument.

Comments in bold. I am not a member of Legion or a Legion enthusiast. I just think you have a distorted notion of what makes a guild great.

crazy7381
10-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I believe over raided on orien is the highest and most exclusive guild the game has to offer if im not mistaken they have 25 members and are level 70....

Just fyi

Quazicotl lev 15 rogue
Revelation Fighters Orien

Shyver
10-15-2010, 06:24 PM
You know, not everyone who has done something "great" posts such things. In fact, some folks probably do their best to avoid such sharing. Not looking for drama, I'm just saying that some folks have pretty regularly done some amazing things that will never be posted.

You know better than that. :p

SCREENSHOT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

It's the law of the land, without visual proof it's nothing but blowing smoke.

Shyver
10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
It is.. well being generous so.. guild level is something everyone can see and verify.... So it's an independent, verifiable metric of measurement that is independent of opinion and conjecture.

I ran last night in a PUG with some guilds that had 30+ guild levels, one was even in the 50's I think, and they were terrible. From random unneeded deaths, to share plz on Reavers Refuge quests, to getting lost inside the quest. But since the guild I'm a member of only has 3 members (Myself, Bunker, and Murnk) and is only level 18, those other guilds MUST be better players than us because their guild level says so? Yeah that's an accurate way to measure how good a guild is. :rolleyes:

AkromaAoW
10-15-2010, 06:37 PM
You know better than that. :p

SCREENSHOT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

It's the law of the land, without visual proof it's nothing but blowing smoke.

Proof of an event is only important to someone who wishes to gain acknowledgement that it happened...;)

Shyver
10-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Proof of an event is only important to someone who wishes to gain acknowledgement that it happened...;)

Then what do you say about the person who will claim to have made an accomplishment at some point, but didn't take a screenshot because "it's not important"? But will go on to claim that they've done that in the past once someone else has posted it? We see it all the time, hence the screenshot or it didn't happen.

AkromaAoW
10-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Then what do you say about the person who will claim to have made an accomplishment at some point, but didn't take a screenshot because "it's not important"? But will go on to claim that they've done that in the past once someone else has posted it? We see it all the time, hence the screenshot or it didn't happen.

Well, first I'd have to care...;)

Vint
10-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, first I'd have to care...;)

For someone that dosent care, you sure post alot. If you dont like what is posted should anyone else care what you think?

AkromaAoW
10-15-2010, 07:02 PM
For someone that dosent care, you sure post alot. If you dont like what is posted should anyone else care what you think?

*Shrugs* People can care or not. My day won't be ruined either way. As for posting a lot, 511 posts showing after 4 1/2 years doesn't seem like so much for the highly social creature I was. Now, I'm just passing some time with a little friendly chat. :)