PDA

View Full Version : 28 pt solo monk build? for Test server

Ann_Shadow
06-14-2009, 03:23 AM
I did a search but all the threads were old.

Can anyone point me to a 28 pt monk build. Want to test it out on the test server to see how the dungeon scaling allows for solo play.

I suppose it can include +1 tomes since I can buy them for TPs. No other items. This character will have only what it finds (like those nifty handwraps for the tavern quest on kothos island).

Ann_Shadow
06-15-2009, 09:54 AM
After looking things up, I may go with a
human, str build,
twf, itwf, gtwf, Improved crit bludg, Light path, with mainly Air stance, and use handwraps

15,15, 14, 14 8,8 for stats and buy +1 tomes from the eStore not going to bother with Combat Exp. take the toughness feat to get the right enhancemnts.

Would love to do Spring attack because I solo exclusively. Very nice not to get that movement penalty to hit while getting the AC for being a moving/tumbling target.

Arvess
06-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I am playing a halfling monk5/ ranger 9 non-tempest toon that has been doing pretty well soloing various things.

I can't remember stats exactly but dex 18 wis 16 (maybe 15) con 14...I think str could be around 12 or something. my actual stats were 9 str, 19 dex...which kinda sucks later on.

You get:
Dex, wis, centered AC bonuses
Decent saves
favored enemy AC, damage, and resists. I cut thru deleras with min's handwraps.
As you level, you get free twf, itwf, gtwf
also buff up with rams might for that extra stacking str.
Add barkskin and some elemental resists later on.
I added Dragonmark feats and some light repeating xbow feats but feel free to spend those feats you would have on TWF chain someplace else.

I am unsure if ranger devotion will affect healing ki as it currently does but i am able to get 25-30 hp healing from healing ki with 3 tiers of devotion.

You lose:
2 tiers of windstance. At lvl 17 you could get to 6 monk and get the 2nd tier of windstance.
the higher monk granted abilities.

just some ideas

Garth_of_Sarlona
06-16-2009, 06:27 PM
if you don't mind splashing other classes, then you could try one of Aranticus' builds here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=147492), although he doesn't have a pure monk build.

Myself - I would always go wind/water (dex/wis) with weapon finesse over str - and use powerattack if I need extra dps, but then I have a deep seated hatred of str monks so don't listen to me :)

Halfling is also a good option for synergy with sneak attack/unbalancing strike

Garth