PDA

View Full Version : Buying the ability to multi-class with more then 3 classes

maddmatt70
06-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Suggestion: Buying the ability to multi-class with more then 3 character classes via points. For the true build fanatics there would be an interest in having multi-class characters with 4 or more classes. This has the potential to generate revenue for Turbine, would appeal to a segment of the population so definitely a market for this, and follows the new DDO micro-transaction model.

Cinwulf
06-10-2009, 04:52 PM
interesting, but I don't see it happening...

Arnya
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
A smart guy called Gary once decided that 3 classes was the optimum number without going over the top and having everyone with the same skill set, abilities etc...

I'm with Gary.

Goldeneye
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
...oooooh.... that would be really nifty!

Tanka
06-11-2009, 07:12 PM
A smart guy called Gary once decided that 3 classes was the optimum number without going over the top and having everyone with the same skill set, abilities etc...

I'm with Gary.
And then Gary sold his game off and let other companies use the name and make their own rules.

We're not playing AD&D anymore, folks. Times, they be a-changin'.

NWN2, for instance, upped the ante to four classes.

VirieSquichie
06-11-2009, 07:13 PM

I'm with Gary.

Likewise.

Similarly, I'm SOOOO glad alignment restrictions prevent Monk/Barbarian.

There are good reasons for many of the limitations that have survived several editions of pencil-and-paper D&D.

maddmatt70
06-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Likewise.

There are good reasons for many of the limitations that have survived several editions of pencil-and-paper D&D.

False, there is no limitation on the number of classes you can multi-class in 3.5 or 3.0. DDO does not follow the D&D rules in regards to this.

Samadhi
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
/signed

Noctus
06-12-2009, 08:38 PM
/signed.

VirieSquichie
06-15-2009, 03:01 PM
False, there is no limitation on the number of classes you can multi-class in 3.5 or 3.0. DDO does not follow the D&D rules in regards to this.

I consider 3.0 to be the beginning of the significant changes that led us to where we are now... pnp 4.0 and computer games which pick and choose which parts of the rules to use and which to just ignore.

Some of 3.0 and 3.5's changes from prior versions are good, some seem to have opened the door to wholesale mutilation of the system. From what I've read of 4.0 I don't really recognize it as being in the same family as the previous versions. I look at it as a whole separate product with the name slapped on.