PDA

View Full Version : Splashing Rogue in my lvl 14 Heavy repeater chr?

Maxallu
06-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Got a lvl 14 fighter with Heavy Repeater, improved precise shot, rapid reload and weapon finesse. I was thinking how nice evasion would be and the added sneak attack bonus.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Suggestions, advice are apreciated.

Yes i know, many people hate repeater builds and he is gimped and i should reroll etc. I think the toon is fun to play and I am stubborn.

Is the fighter capstone going to be that usefull? Will i miss out on too much from the fighter levels?

Uska
06-07-2009, 03:45 AM
REally for best advantage of rogue splash your first level needs to be rogue also if you want to splash rogue for evasion you need to be sure your reflex save will be good enough espically since you wont have improved evasion.

Maxallu
06-07-2009, 04:04 AM
I understand the advantages of taking Rogue first and i am losing a bunch of skill points. at 14, the unbuffed reflex is 21. Im just curious if the sneak attack damage and the evasion would be better than the last 2 levels of fighter.

Setzer_Gabbiani
06-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Max if I were you I'd fore go the two rogue levels and finish out 20 fighter for the capstone enhancement. Sneak attack will really be of no importance on a repeater build unless you are in the range to get smacked around by mobs, however by combining Black Dragonhide armor with your capstone you can receive a 20% boost in ranged attack speed. Another thing to consider is your INT score if it's too low your basically only taking rogue for evasion since you won't have skill points to work on rogue skills. At that point might as well take monk for a couple of extra feats and evasion.

cdbd3rd
06-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Back in the early days, I had a fighter (with repeater, by coincidence) that I splashed rogue onto at level 9.
Twas a horrid waste of a level.

Repeater build or not - if you haven't planned ahead for the splash, I'd recommend not doing it.