PDA

View Full Version : MINOR launch problem

GovtMule
05-30-2009, 07:47 AM
This more asking out of curiosity than anything else but when I launch DDO, I login, pick my server, the screen goes black and just at the point where the Turbine splash would come up, I'm kicked back to my desktop.

I launch again, and everything works as normal and I'm in-game and running. So, this wastes all of about 5~10 seconds but I just wonder if anybody else has/ has had this "thing"

If I had to pinpoint when this started I would guess around the DX 10 rollout but don't hold be to that. Oh ya, I'm on Vista, too.

anyway, thanks for your time

Spookyaction
06-18-2009, 05:49 AM
I have the same issue and would like a solution. I seem to recall seeing other reports of this but havent been able to find threads with search.

After reading alot of the post here I found several launcher issues seemed to be related to permissions in vista. So as other posts described I removed admin from the permissions of the launcher and indeed the issue was resolved.

Arovin
06-30-2009, 10:32 PM
*EDIt* sorry, I was too quick to post re-reading the entire previous post from Spookyaction resolved the issue for me.