PDA

View Full Version : How about a nice named kama since no gs/transmuting wraps?

Fennario
05-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Well since the devs pretty much have ruled out gs/transmuting wraps, how about throwing a nice named kama into the mix somewhere? They know they screwed this all up, so it would be a nice gesture. :)

Something like a keen silver holyburst of greater evil outsider bane?

Even though I hate using kama and quarterstaff on my monk, that would at least ease the pain a little.

My monk does well in all the content, except beating on the big bosses. Unarmed combat is where its at on a monk, but we have to suck it up for fighting the bosses. Finding good end game boss weapons is a royal pain for a monk. And if the monk went lawful neutral with no umd instead of good, its near impossible.

Adding a nice named weapon would also give me something to do while waiting for the myth that is mod 9. :)

I know monks can just make some min 2 kamas, but I personally have no desire to grind out all those larges to make some. And I know some players that feel the same way.

Just a random thought.

Jay203
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
just a thought, but why would you ever go lawful neutral on a monk? =P

Kerrn_Siff
06-01-2009, 11:44 AM
people use kamas?

typo maybe? 'kama' instead of 'comma'? :)

Arkat
06-01-2009, 11:48 AM
people use kamas?

Ever heard of "Vorpal?"

Fennario
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM

No unholy damage
Can use taint of evil items
Messed up at character creation :)

Those are about the only reasons I can think of.

Kerrn_Siff
06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Ever heard of "Vorpal?"

hrm... nope. Never.

Fennario
06-01-2009, 11:58 AM
people use kamas?

typo maybe? 'kama' instead of 'comma'? :)

My monk fights unarmed, but he does have a set of vorpals and a set of wounders to use on occasion.

And there is no way to bypass dr on some bosses with fists. Hence, the reason for this thread. It would be nice to have some REALLY good boss beaters without having to win the loot pull lottery. Just would be a nice gesture from the devs seeing as they pretty much screwed a whole class with the lack of craftable handwraps.

Sirea
06-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Why would anyone go neutral on any character for that matter?

I can think of one good reason:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/sirea1182/DDO/ScreenShot00043a.jpg

Laith
06-01-2009, 12:05 PM
why would you ever go lawful neutral on a monk?

Why would anyone go neutral on any character for that matter?since shroud has come out, several compelling reasons to be good-aligned (pure good weapons, res ring) have been marginalized. The only one that really remains strong is "paladin".

Add "taint of evil" items and spells like Unholy Blight, and the question really becomes "why should i be good-aligned?"

Sirea
06-01-2009, 12:11 PM
since shroud has come out, several compelling reasons to be good-aligned (pure good weapons, res ring) have been marginalized. The only one that really remains strong is "paladin".

Add "taint of evil" items and spells like Unholy Blight, and the question really becomes "why should i be good-aligned?"

Not trying to be facetious, but if you'd read the whole post you would have seen my reasoning for why someone would want to be neutral ;)