PDA

View Full Version : Feats for a TWF Paladin

Thrudh
05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
So my paladin is 16... drow TWF... I plan on staying pure or splashing 2 levels of rogue (for UMD and evasion). This character has low AC, and I want to focus on DPS.

Here are the feats I already have...

Toughness
TWF
ITWF
Improved Crit:Slash
GTWF
Extend

Only Extend would I consider optional... I currently use scimitars and kukris although I know that's not giving me max DPS...

What should my 18th level feat be?

Khopesh?
OTWF?
Improved Crit:Pierce?
Power Attack?

Should I get rid of Extend?

LargeMarge
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
I would suggest Power Attack. Using scimitars is good DPS...if you wanted to you could use a Khopesh with out the weapon pro. You should be able to hit most things with no problem.

If you wanted to...you could switch Extend for Khopesh weapon pro.

I wouldn't take OTWF. IMO it is a waste of feats for a feat starved paly.

LargeMarge
05-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Also, if you really want DPS...stay pure paly. Beef-up your HP and you can always get the gear to help out with evasion (i.e. firestorm greaves). UMD will be ok with a high CHA and gear.

That is my opinion...I'm sure others will have a different one.

Vengenance
05-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Drop Toughness for Power Attack and pick up Toughness again at 18. A question, since you are drow, why aren't you using rapiers instead of slashing weapons? I know with my drow pally I use rapiers and short swords to help make up for my lower starting strength and find I don't have much problem hitting mobs even with PA on.

Junts
05-22-2009, 05:35 PM
So my paladin is 16... drow TWF... I plan on staying pure or splashing 2 levels of rogue (for UMD and evasion). This character has low AC, and I want to focus on DPS.

Here are the feats I already have...

Toughness
TWF
ITWF
Improved Crit:Slash
GTWF
Extend

Only Extend would I consider optional... I currently use scimitars and kukris although I know that's not giving me max DPS...

What should my 18th level feat be?

Khopesh?
OTWF?
Improved Crit:Pierce?
Power Attack?

Should I get rid of Extend?

if you were human, I would advise khopesh, as you are a drow, you are killing yourself by not using piercing weapons (=2 to hit and dam is huge) and you should switch to rapier/shortsword and pick up PA stat.

If you are going to splash for evasion now, splash monk: the 2 feats are incredibly valuable to your build, and with paladin charisma you should be able to hit 39 umd with only 11 ranks at cap (11 ranks, 8-9 charisma modifier, 3-5 item, 6 shroud, 4 greater heroism, 1 prayer .. with the extra feat you could even do sf: umd to make sure you get there)