PDA

View Full Version : Pure Paladin TWF build help

Sehenry03
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok so Mheka is now capped and I absolutely love him. The Monster build is simply awesome. Now I would like to go for a pure paladin focusing on TWF and could use some help. I wasn't sure exactly how to set up my starting stats but was thinking something like:
Str16
Dex15
Con12
Int10
Wis10
Cha14

I could get my Int to 13 with a +3 tome down the road if I evwer wanted CE...not sure if that matters but was also thinking I want UMD along with whatever other skills

If anyone would change that let me know. I wanna go Khopesh unless going Elf and longsword would be better...I kinda like the displacement thing but I like the human bonuses to and I do like Khopesh.

Feats I was thinking:
TWF
ITWF
GTWF
PA
Toughness
Not sure I will need OTWF but could take that or Extend

Again any input would be great on the feats

I know people are telling me to splash rogue or monk but I really think I wanna stay pure and go for capstone effects and play with them

Any input would be great =)

Shroonith
05-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Have you considered WF? they have a really great faith line.

Thrudh
05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Feats are very tight... You forgot Improved Critical: Slash.

Extend is extremely nice now... After Mod 9, it may a feat one can afford (although painfully) to skip, since Divine Power will last more than a minute.

I would suggest a 15 or 16 starting CHA score to give you the ability (with a +3 or +2 tome) to get Divine Might III.

A pure TWF paladin is a DPS build, and +6 to damage on both weapons, each and every swing is the same as having +12 STR (that's more than barbarians get with their rage)

Sehenry03
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
So if I wanted a 16 Cha to start...what would I lower...12con and 8int instead?

Slink
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Need more info:

What skills besides UMD?

Sehenry03
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Well skills are the least of my personal concerns...maybe Balance but I personally don't think any other skills are truly important...they are all fluff of some type

Dexxaan
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Since you want the capstone and refuse to consider the Monk; Fighter or Rogue Splashability then:

IMO:

* Drop WIS to 8 (you'll have a 16 easily by L16 with just a +2 Tome)

* Eat a +2 INT Tome now that you still can after creation. You'll have mediocre skills at anything you try to excel at...and the extra 19 Skill points will be (Very) handy.

* Forget OTWF it's lame and you are Feat-Starved.

* Going Drow is awesome and for TWF Paladin I'd go Rapier (Heavy Picks?) / Shortsword, and to make things even more interesting Heavy Picks with Exalted Smite III is just insane.

* Increase CHA to 15 and don't stress about DM III; you'll have a +3 CHA tome digested by the time you have enough AP's to actually use it....(lol then again you may not even have the AP's from what I've been number crunching....Paladins are AP hogs...you should know that.)

* Ditch Power Attack (Can't believe I'm actually suggesting this.....I Love PA!) but IC *Something* (Piercing/Slashing) is a must and if you don't squeeze it in then Rapier/SSword is going to be the way for you.

Tough choices needed for a tad bit more mob specific DPS due to a Capstone .... unfortunately your overall Build will pay the Capstone price and IMO you'll eventually feel dissapointed when you compare it to say for example a Human Rogue 1 Fighter 1 Paladin 18, that will excel at many more things and have a shred less DPS than the Pure-bred.

Hope the advice helps.

LargeMarge
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Have you considered WF? they have a really great faith line.

I agree...the WF bladesworn transformation is sweet. Make sure to tell your Cleric that you are using it...they get ****ed when their heals don't go off. (& nobody likes a ****ed off cleric :D)