PDA

View Full Version : Help With Drow Paladin Weapon

AZ1JoeT
05-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I just unlocked Drow. I would like to now unlock the "32 point" characters. I am going to try to do this with a new Drow Paladin. Stats are currently 17-17-12-10-11-15, and I selected Two Weapon Fighting as my first feat. I am only level 2 now, but am wondering what anyone's suggestions might be as far as weapons go.

I seem to be able to do better damage right now with a Maul of Vengeance (2-Hander, +1, Adamantine), than with various other +1 swords (Rapier, Scimitar, Longsword), but that should soon change as I progress in levels and face tougher opponents.

Should I spend the AP on Drow Damage and Attack bonuses (12 AP for +2 to hit, +2 damage) for Short Sword and Rapiers or spend one feat learning Khopesh?

I am not sure I will take this character to 20th level. I would just like to use it to unlock the 32-point characters. I assume that will require 10th - 12th levels.

Anthios888
05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Rapiers and shortswords are great, even if they can be expensive. At higher levels, you will get a free set of weapons using holy sword (level 14 paladin), which you can customize to make a rapier. The drow enhancements make them very worth your investment, and save you a feat. After all - khopeshes are expensive, too :).

At lower levels you might be best suited with using a weapon and shield, even though you have the two weapon fighting feats. With such good dexterity, you can make very good use of armor class. Later on, two weapon fighting will be the way to go.

Good choice with a two weapon fighting drow paladin. Even with very little hand me down gear, they can dish out great damage and be able to self-heal reasonably well.

Vorn
05-13-2009, 07:50 PM
I had a twf drow pally, though he's rerolled now. He used rapiers and shortswords. He also didn't really fight other than s/b until around lvl 10. With only six feats to play with he took: twf, itwf, gtwf, otwf, toughness, power attack--I didn't want to burn the feat on khopesh...some folks do though.

Dexxaan
05-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Stay away from OTWF Feat.

For your build it's a waste.... maximize your potential by dual-wielding a SSword on your off hand and take extend, or even the "dreaded" Khopesh. (I'd stick with Rapier in main of course)

Hey I'd even take Skill Focus UMD if need be.

Thelmallen
05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
With the drow racial enhancements to rapier and shortsword, the DPS of a rapier is almost exactly that of a comparable khopesh so you don't need to take that feat. I agree with Dexx in that OTWF isn't really that necessary, especially for a feat-starved paladin. The extend feat is awesome for zeal, etc.

rimble
05-14-2009, 10:36 AM
I've never really bothered TWFing, even after taking the feats, until I get ITWF. I've always been better off armored up and using a weapon and shield until ITWF.

If you want to TWF now, use a Rapier and Short Sword, and wear around the +3 worth of ToHit items you can get from Korthos Island--the goggles and Pathfinder set, I think--and take the Drow Enhancements.

Vorn
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Stay away from OTWF Feat.

For your build it's a waste.... maximize your potential by dual-wielding a SSword on your off hand and take extend, or even the "dreaded" Khopesh. (I'd stick with Rapier in main of course)

Hey I'd even take Skill Focus UMD if need be.

Good point--I'd forgotten I specc'd it out OTWF for Extend but then I deleted the character anyway to roll an 18/2 pally/monk.

Dwire
05-14-2009, 11:21 AM
I love my drow pali mix. You will have to do a lot of favor to hit 1750 by level 11 or 12. Most of us probably did favor runs once we were close to or capped at level 14 or so. It is definitely a grind to finish it by 13 or 14 because you have to run so many not so popular quests. The favor is easy to come by now as you just naturally level up. With a splash of rogue, get some umd and evasion to make a very versatile toon.