PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

Kaerlic
05-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Hey guys/Gals,

I know this probably isn't the right forum to use but I know it's where i'll get the quickest response (hopefully)

I have been away for about 2 weeks and I just tried to log in and the launcher will not go past 'Examine Programs'.

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem before, or if you know how to fix. :confused:

Any assisstance will be greatly appreciated.

I have visited the support site and made sure that all steps to fix this particular issues were completed and still no luck.

UnderwearModel
05-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Do you have admin rights on the machine?
Firewall, just shut it off.

I know your answer to both is you have checked, but I had to ask.

The last possibility, UNINSTALL and REINSTALL.

I did that not too long ago because I had a problem and tech support said they would contact me within two days. I found two days a tad too long to wait and knew that I could probably do it myself way before two days.

Kaerlic
05-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the reply!

Just seems strange that before I left to go away it was working fine... just got back today and went to log on and no go :(

really don't want to uninstall / reinstall but i'll try the firewall and if not then I spose I might have to....

Cheers again

Sirea
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
As a last ditch effort also try this:

Go to C: > Program Files > Turbine > Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach and find TurbineRegisterGDF near the bottom of the page (should have the black and white "fan" icon). Try clicking on that, you'll get a few pop-ups, click OK on them, then try running the game.

Mockduck
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Did you try to install Lammania? If so, run the somethingsomethingGDF file (someone help me out) in your DDO folder, reboot the computer and then try running DDO. I'll get more specific info if you have Lammania...

Kaerlic
05-07-2009, 05:12 PM
As a last ditch effort also try this:

Go to C: > Program Files > Turbine > Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach and find TurbineRegisterGDF near the bottom of the page (should have the black and white "fan" icon). Try clicking on that, you'll get a few pop-ups, click OK on them, then try running the game.

Sirea ;)

Your a god!, did what you said and it worked great.

Thanks very very much

Sirea
05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Heh, np. Glad I could help :)