PDA

View Full Version : Chose Argo as my 2nd server and was wondering...

Caine52184
05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I transferred one of my fav toons to argo recently to free up a char slot on my regular server which is Thelanis and to be able to create 32 pt builds. I logged on the past few nights in the late evening/night and didnt see many LFM's for higher lvl stuff up :(. Actually...there werent many lower lvl LFM's up either. Is this typical for Argo? I hope not. There was 1 Shroud up!! Just 1! :| That was the only raid.

Lerincho
05-06-2009, 04:08 PM
it has been hit or miss lately. a few of the regulars have lowered their usual gaming time per week.

normally, no there will be multiple raids and all levels.

Kistilan
05-06-2009, 04:38 PM
I've been running four characters up the chain to level 16 -- favor-questing 187 pts still and then zooming more quests along. I'll have some LFMs up tonight with myself and some friends and guildmates -- if you're in the 8-13 range we can probably get you in!

Nick_RC
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Argo is very niche. Either ur in or ur a pug. Other servers have better pug groups our pugs generally suck. Our end game raiders are at least as good as any other server. You just need to be in that circle.

N

Caine52184
05-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Argo is very niche. Either ur in or ur a pug. Other servers have better pug groups our pugs generally suck. Our end game raiders are at least as good as any other server. You just need to be in that circle.

N

Oh..um thats refreshing? Not so much...lol

toughguyjoe
05-07-2009, 01:27 AM

N

Speaking of that.....

Raegoul
05-07-2009, 02:57 AM
it has been hit or miss lately. a few of the regulars have lowered their usual gaming time per week.

normally, no there will be multiple raids and all levels.

have you had trouble finding raid groups?

i have been non-stop raiding and it has been very refreshing, its great to be in a guild like AoK.

Aussieee
05-07-2009, 03:11 AM
You can aways start your own group or raid,aways works for me ;) People even joined me for the Tomb of the Tormented!!!!!!

Plus you will need to PUG at first till you find people you like to run with and then gets easyer:)

I love MY LITTLE PWNY!!!

Raegoul
05-07-2009, 03:26 AM
I heard Pwny has trouble filling raids ;)

Jondallar
05-07-2009, 03:40 AM
My Little Pwny...tastes Great less filling?

Aussieee
05-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Well I never heard of your guild so I guess mine is stil better;)

Raegoul
05-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Well I never heard of your guild so I guess mine is stil better;)

That is strange cause your guild members regularly get the last spot in our raids. Its pretty hard for us to get more than one of your guildies in our raids. I wonder why we can only get one? And never more than one?

Onesikpup
05-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Aussieee, we need to hook up. Ive run with you a ton on khyber, but Argo is a totally different story. I have not experienced so many raid failures since they first came out. I do a lot of late night stuff (9pm cst till almost dawn most nights) and the only time i ever get anything accomplished is mostly with my own guild, which isnt big enough to fill a raid yet, and the occasional rare pug that just seems to "click". But ultimately,in the end I need to raid, and PUG raids usually dont cut it.

I gotta find the circle :)

Aussieee
05-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Aussieee, we need to hook up. Ive run with you a ton on khyber, but Argo is a totally different story. I have not experienced so many raid failures since they first came out. I do a lot of late night stuff (9pm cst till almost dawn most nights) and the only time i ever get anything accomplished is mostly with my own guild, which isnt big enough to fill a raid yet, and the occasional rare pug that just seems to "click". But ultimately,in the end I need to raid, and PUG raids usually dont cut it.

I gotta find the circle :)

OMG you suck!!! I saw you standing in Necropolis but I didn't know its you lol......I had LFM for Tomb of the Tormented. Gosh I was even thinking to say hi.......cause you had the same name as on khyber

Mr_Ed7
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Darkside is running higher level quests with the Alliance.

If you are interested, join Darkside guild or one of the sister-guilds in the Alliance.

I do not agree with the post "YOU ARE IN OR NOT".

HeavenlyCloud
05-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Only gimps fill raids.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=180861

kinar
05-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah, Argo is full of niche guilds. Your best bet is to find one you like and that games at the same time as you.

There are constantly raids running of all levels...however, most are established guilds and the only time you see an LFM from this is for litterally a couple minutes while they fill thier last 1 or 2 spots.

There is also the concept that many people will run short manned rather than put up an LFM

However, we also seem to be full of lazy casual players who don't like to form groups. While leveling, I've never had a problem filling a group unless it was for a quest that absolutely noone ever wants to run.

So as long as you don't mind leading (at least until the group is filled)...just toss up yer lfm and let it fill...

Gol
05-07-2009, 08:57 AM
I do not agree with the post "YOU ARE IN OR NOT"."IN" group shroud: 30 minutes and 0% chance of failure
Pug shroud: 60-70 minutes and at least 25% chance of failure

"IN" group VoD: 30 minutes, 5% chance of failure
Pug VoD: 1 hour, 50+% chance of failure

Ok, fine, disagree, but let's not pretend we're comparing apples to apples.

Do'Urden
05-07-2009, 09:14 AM
"IN" group shroud: 30 minutes and 0% chance of failure

This is a pretty good representation of the Blind-PUG scene for raids on Argo (Blind-PUG meaning most of the people in the group don't know each other). It's gambling at best. There are definitely solid guild / channel groups that end up taking PUG members these days but I don't really consider that a PUG in the true sense and doesn't help the OP until he figures out who's who ;)

Magi
05-07-2009, 10:06 AM
"IN" group shroud: 30 minutes and 0% chance of failure

/signed

OMFG, I cant believe I just agreed with you, someone kill me now.

Caine52184
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, Argo is full of niche guilds. Your best bet is to find one you like and that games at the same time as you.

There are constantly raids running of all levels...however, most are established guilds and the only time you see an LFM from this is for litterally a couple minutes while they fill thier last 1 or 2 spots.

There is also the concept that many people will run short manned rather than put up an LFM

However, we also seem to be full of lazy casual players who don't like to form groups. While leveling, I've never had a problem filling a group unless it was for a quest that absolutely noone ever wants to run.

So as long as you don't mind leading (at least until the group is filled)...just toss up yer lfm and let it fill...

I think every server has clicks to an extent. Thelanis does no doubt lol. I certainly dont mind putting up LFM's but being that I will be completely new to the server im a bit iffy on it. Was hoping to join a few groups to feel my way around. I dont mind pugging..some of my best times were in PUGS but im just not sure if I want to throw up a Shroud and go in blindly not knowing what im getting myself into. But then again maybe its the best way to find out eh? lol. Im probably spoiled somewhat because I run with the same people a lot on my server and we know each others playstyles..and im use to shortmanning just about everything. I like to get the job done while having fun. I like fast runs when the party is capable..im lying..I love fast runs :).

Anyways...I guess ill just hop in feet first and see what happens. Im only going to have one lvl 16 as of right now and its a class that I dont really enjoy playing anymore..thats why shes moving :) lol...so Ill lvl a few lowbies fast hopefully and get a feel for guilds etc. Thanks for all of your replies and see you in game soon :)

Kistilan
05-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Anyways...I guess ill just hop in feet first and see what happens. Im only going to have one lvl 16 as of right now and its a class that I dont really enjoy playing anymore..thats why shes moving :) lol...so Ill lvl a few lowbies fast hopefully and get a feel for guilds etc. Thanks for all of your replies and see you in game soon :)

Relics is running a mid-high favor run followed by a low-high favor & xp run for the next 2 weeks. Roll a barb to get a gf'd Crit Rage build before mod9 hits and jump in with Sesame and myself. Not all the PuGs run are a bad deal -- although I do agree that the time is often extended to complete if more than 50% of the party doesn't know eachother or isn't relatively knowledgeable in the quests they're running.

We're running evenings CST-PST currently. Our Kiwi & Australians are currently in LOTRO so our off-times aren't active ('cept our England and our Korea guys).

Xyrandina
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I love Argo.

Kistilan
05-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I love Argo.

This calls for some inspiration! I love Khyber, and Khyber loves Argo! New "Khyber-Argo Connection" pictures in the works this week to celebrate this on-going affair! ;)

http://www.relicsofthelastwar.net/images/KhyberArgo.jpg

Xyrandina
05-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Its been a wild affair to say the least. Glad to be a part of it.