PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tarrant/Tolero

Valiance
05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
About 2 or 3 months ago either Tarrant or Tolero had a post that in general said...let me paraphrase here:

"We know that you (the playerbase) haven't been getting enough info from us....that is really going to change soon...you're about to start hearing all sorts of big and exciting news from us! Really soon!"

My question is a two parter- 1) Do you feel that SoonTM is 3 months? and if not then 2) Do you feel really silly for having posted that?

branmakmuffin
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
About 2 or 3 months ago either Tarrant or Tolero had a post that in general said...let me paraphrase here:

"We know that you (the playerbase) haven't been getting enough info from us....that is really going to change soon...you're about to start hearing all sorts of big and exciting news from us! Really soon!"

My question is a two parter- 1) Do you feel that SoonTM is 3 months? and if not then 2) Do you feel really silly for having posted that?
1) If you're going to paraphrase, don't put it in quotes. If you're serious, find the post and put in a link.
2) Do you really think anyone from Turbine is going to answer a loaded question like that?

EazyWeazy
05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
You're picking on the wrong folks man....

sparty55
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
What does everyone hope to accomplish with posts like these?

Deuce
05-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Screen shot or it didn't happen!

:D

GovtMule
05-05-2009, 10:30 PM
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/govtmule2020/StillDead.jpg?t=1241580560

Ghoste
05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Is this the quote you had in mind?

Mod 9 will not be out this week. I'm sure that is a huge surprise.

Mod 9 will also not be released after the two weeks of bonus XP. Well it will, sometime after, but not immediately after.

I know this isn't going to satisfy all of you, but it's the information that I can tell you at the moment. There are great things coming, and we ask that you all continue to be patient as we finish everything up over here. I wish that we could tell you more, and one day soon™ (I had to), we will!

So hang in there, enjoy the anniversary, and keep being awesome. Tolero, myself, and the rest of the team couldn't be happier to be part of this community, and trust me, this game isn't going anywhere but forward.
Took me less than two minutes to find that, by the way. If you want to ask a question seriously, then do it seriously.

Wrustle
05-05-2009, 10:49 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ro0t4k.jpg

Borror0
05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Tarrant does not like us. Our only hope is Tolero!

branmakmuffin
05-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Nobody likes Canadians. Not even other Canadians. ;)

Borror0
05-05-2009, 11:00 PM
This is misleading, even though I know what you mean.

"No one has words powerful enough to express their love and admiration toward Borror0 and other Canadian (except Celine Dion and Harper - no one likes those two). Maybe one day someone will be able to coin a word for those amazingly powerful feelings." would be a better way to put it, I think.

branmakmuffin
05-05-2009, 11:04 PM
This is misleading, even though I know what you mean.

"No one has words powerful enough to express their love and admiration toward Borror0 and other Canadian (except Celine Dion and Harper - no one likes those two). Maybe one day someone will be able to coin a word for those amazingly powerful feelings." would be a better way to put it, I think.
Yes, we need a new word which means "the love one feels towards Canadians other than Celine Dion and Harper" (whoever that is).

Does that include William Shatner?

Ghoste
05-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Does that include William Shatner?
He should really get his own Vegas gig.

GovtMule
05-05-2009, 11:06 PM

LOOK! I'm telling you this ONE. LAST. TIME!

We have apologised for Celine Dion MULTIPLE TIMES!

Honestly. She never said anything at any of the meetings. We didn't see it coming, either. So, let it go!

;)

ps. now she's BACK here and looking to buy the habs. Can the pale rider on the pale horse be far behind?

..... I gotta go cry, now. tyvm

Borror0
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Did we? I thought she was our version of WMD.

GovtMule
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM

I could not, in good conscience, be part of a country that would intentionally use something so inhumane as this as a weapon.

.... but it was the Mulrooney years, I guess. We were all a bit on edge, then.

Borror0
05-05-2009, 11:26 PM
I could not, in good conscience, be part of a country that would intentionally use something so inhumane as this as a weapon.
I heard the federal government started to clone her and raise an army of Celines, to take over the world!

It's true I read it on the Internet.

roggane
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
2) Do you feel really silly for having posted that?

hmm, should we ask you? :rolleyes:

GovtMule
05-05-2009, 11:31 PM
I heard the federal government started to clone her and raise an army of Celines, to take over the world!

It's true I read it on the Internet.

And I, for one, welcome our Egomaniacal, Bulimic, Electra-complexed overlords

Dirac
05-05-2009, 11:58 PM
And I, for one, welcome our Egomaniacal, Bulimic, Electra-complexed overlords

The most wonderful thing posted on the forums for some time. Thanks.

Slink
05-06-2009, 12:23 AM
What is insignifacant in the OP question?

Is he less entitled because he has fewer than 200 posts?

All of you ******** ***** about the trolls but when a non-troll shows up you ***** him out too.

geez

Slink
05-06-2009, 12:28 AM
1) If you're going to paraphrase, don't put it in quotes. If you're serious, find the post and put in a link.
2) Do you really think anyone from Turbine is going to answer a loaded question like that?

paraphrasing is as good as a quote, he took the time to know what was said
Answer? it is about time they did!

Slink
05-06-2009, 12:28 AM

No, he isnt, they are the community relations

Slink
05-06-2009, 12:29 AM
What does everyone hope to accomplish with posts like these?

What does anyone hope to accomplish with replies like these?

Slink
05-06-2009, 12:30 AM

Took me less than two minutes to find that, by the way. If you want to ask a question seriously, then do it seriously.

You found the quote which means it exists....but you dont provide a link...ddd

Cjarr
05-06-2009, 01:03 AM

Honestly. She never said anything at any of the meetings. We didn't see it coming, either. So, let it go!

Who you trying to fool.......everybody knows it was intentional, but it was understandable.......

After all, the U.S. left you people no choice but to retaliate and strike back after the U.S. unleashed such a horror unto the world that was beyond imagine and sent forth Michael Bolton!!!!! :D (by the way, I still say we won, although it was close, and impressive that you Canadians managed to dig her up)

Cjarr
05-06-2009, 01:06 AM
paraphrasing is as good as a quote, he took the time to know what was said

Not really.....paraphrasing is far different than a quote as with a paraphrase it is much easier to alter the words to project a meaning you desire which may be presented far different than the intent of the speaker.

And if you compare the paraphrase with the actual quote with an open and honest view it is clear that that was exactly what the OP did.

Anastasios
05-06-2009, 03:19 AM

No way Wiki Wiz, I throw my whole weight behind Tarrant...he at least finds humor in most of the things that go on around here (or so I think).

Tarrant 1
Tolero 1

Tarrant wins by default

It's good to be the king...

Borror0
05-06-2009, 04:04 AM
No way Wiki Wiz, I throw my whole weight behind Tarrant...he at least finds humor in most of the things that go on around here (or so I think).
No. Tarrant hates us all. I know it!

Borror0
05-06-2009, 04:08 AM
What does anyone hope to accomplish with replies like these?
Pointing out that being hostile is not the way to go.

Fail! He did provide a link.

paraphrasing is as good as a quote
False. Quoting lets other reads analyse what is said. Paraphrasing allows the poster to insert is personal bias.

Drwaz99
05-06-2009, 04:23 AM
As much I I wish we could get more info, at this point I think it's been an unsaid rule we aren't going to get any. Calling them out certainly isn't going to get it done. Look back at what they have given us. Sure it's old, but it's still a lot of information.

While Kate may have dodged every question in the interview, the basically gave us a release notes for that the are willing to tell us at this point. We probably won't know what more there is if any until it goes live. (Or possibly on Lamania <- = long shot).

Arkat
05-06-2009, 06:21 AM

Well...she and Bryan Adams.

Ghoste
05-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I did, actually. You see that little triangle next to the quoted text? Click on that. It's a link! I know, I know - it's magic. Oh, and FAIL

Borror0
05-06-2009, 06:38 AM
I did, actually. You see that little triangle next to the quoted text? Click on that. It's a link! I know, I know - it's magic. Oh, and FAIL
I was surprised by the volume of "Oh, they added something to go back to the quoted post" when they changed the skin.

However, now that it is blue on black, I have no clue of how people can't see it.

branmakmuffin
05-06-2009, 10:39 AM
paraphrasing is as good as a quote, he took the time to know what was said!
No, he took the time to tell us what he thought was said.

EazyWeazy
05-06-2009, 02:36 PM
No, he isnt, they are the community relations

They get to relay a message. Timing and content of that message has to go through other people for approval. I'm not a Turbine apologist, but I don't think that the blame for the lack of communication lies with T&T.

I blame the people higher up who I have little love for these days. :mad:

Dark_Helmet
05-06-2009, 02:54 PM

Wrong!
The only Canadians that hate other Canadians are the French Canadians: Québécois! :p

As for the OP, I think that is a serious question based on what Tarrant / Tolero had posted previously.

Glorious
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
What's the matter with Bryan Adams??

I mean the past decade of stuff has been hopeless drivel but his early stuff was good - at least it was when I was in high school...

and no comments from the gallery about how old that makes me!

Chazzie
05-06-2009, 03:16 PM

You beat me to it .... I agree and would like to add

If someone is going to point a finger (In this case very uncool =/ imo) they should make sure there pointing it in the right direction.

and comments like "No, he isnt, they are the community relations" Which they are but there handed a paper and or told "Hey post this plz or draw something up on this subject and post make sure this and this is in there and post it plz" T&T are like stuck in the middle between us and them. Talk about having a thankless job omg.

Valiance
05-06-2009, 03:16 PM

Actually that's not the actual quote I was talking about. I distinctly remember quote that was much heavier on the, "Really, a lot more information that you are going to love is coming soon" factor. There I used quotes again when I paraphrased....oh the horror.

Anyways I guess the thing that is bugging me now specifically about Tolero/Tarrant is why they are not doing their job to keep us entertained in some way. Isn't there technology to do live server events? Organize solo competitions with rewards, organize PvP tournaments with rewards, hide and seek, monster spawns...all of those things should be happening every day and take ZERO coding.

Lowest level group to complete PoP or any othe quest...god I've been thinking for about 30 seconds and it is a decent list...and I don't even get paid to entertain people like the entire cluster of Turbine employees.

Gornin
05-06-2009, 03:23 PM
*snip* T&T. *snip*

Sorry, but my brain works funny. I saw this in this post and this happened

See them post information
On your computer screen
Giving us what they can get
If you know what I mean
Fanboys to the left of them
Grognards to the right
Ain’t got no gun, ain’t got no knife
Don’t you start no fight

(chorus)
Cause they’re T and T
Wanna tell things right
They’re T and T
Understand our plight
They’re T and T
They bear the load
They’re T and T
Gotta do what they’re told

Don’t treat’em dirty, mean or like they’re unclean
Or like a wanted man
Understand
So they lock up your thread, or delete your post
That is one thing they hate to do the most
It’s one thing to be a clown
But don’t you mess around

Cause they’re T and T
Wanna tell things right
They’re T and T
Understand our plight
They’re T and T
They bear the load
They’re T and T

Rolled up newspaper!

Forum bans!

GELATINOUS CUBE!!!

(Repeat chorus)

Chazzie
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM

See them post information
On your computer screen
Giving us what they can get
If you know what I mean
Fanboys to the left of them
Grognards to the left
Ain’t got no gun, ain’t got no knife
Don’t you start no fight

(chorus)
Cause they’re T and T
Wanna tell things right
They’re T and T
Understand our plight
They’re T and T
They bear the load
They’re T and T

Don’t treat’em dirty, mean or like they’re unclean
Or like a wanted man
Understand
So they lock up your thread, or delete your post
That is one thing they hate to do the most
It’s one thing to be a clown
But don’t you mess around

Cause they’re T and T
Wanna tell things right
They’re T and T
Understand our plight
They’re T and T
They bear the load
They’re T and T

Rolled up newspaper!

Forum bans!

GELATINOUS CUBE!!!

(Repeat chorus)

LOL very nice it fits

Eelpout
05-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Actually that's not the actual quote I was talking about. I distinctly remember quote that was much heavier on the, "Really, a lot more information that you are going to love is coming soon" factor. There I used quotes again when I paraphrased....oh the horror.

Anyways I guess the thing that is bugging me now specifically about Tolero/Tarrant is why they are not doing their job to keep us entertained in some way. Isn't there technology to do live server events? Organize solo competitions with rewards, organize PvP tournaments with rewards, hide and seek, monster spawns...all of those things should be happening every day and take ZERO coding.

Lowest level group to complete PoP or any othe quest...god I've been thinking for about 30 seconds and it is a decent list...and I don't even get paid to entertain people like the entire cluster of Turbine employees.

What the H3ll is with your focus on them not doing their jobs'.? YOU don't know what their jobs' are unless you hired them and wrote the job spec sheet. You didn't so let it go.

P.S. Tolero did a lot of events, on her own time, as a player. I am fairly certain that if she was allowed to do it in her job she would be.

EazyWeazy
05-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Love it Gornin!!!

DagazUlf
05-06-2009, 03:52 PM
I blame the people higher up who I have little love for these days. :mad:

Yeah that.

cdbd3rd
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM

(chorus)
Cause they’re T and T
Wanna tell things right
They’re T and T
Understand our plight
They’re T and T
They bear the load
They’re T and T

Ah, kewl. I knew there was some reason I read thru the first two pages.

:D

Dark_Helmet
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
What the H3ll is with your focus on them not doing their jobs'.? YOU don't know what their jobs' are unless you hired them and wrote the job spec sheet. You didn't so let it go.

P.S. Tolero did a lot of events, on her own time, as a player. I am fairly certain that if she was allowed to do it in her job she would be.

I guess the truly bad thing about Merlask going to work for Turbine is that she can't run any of those fun events anymore. Good for her, bad for us.

Ghoste
05-06-2009, 04:44 PM

It almost sounds like you think I'm going to do another search and post another quote for you. Almost.

Eelpout
05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I guess the truly bad thing about Merlask going to work for Turbine is that she can't run any of those fun events anymore. Good for her, bad for us.

I agree. It is unfortunate that she got to do more for the community (that we could see) as a player than as an employee. However, I am certain that she cares about this game and its direction, so I would have a tough time calling her out and questioning whether or not she is "doing her job".

Eelpout
05-06-2009, 04:49 PM
It almost sounds like you think I'm going to do another search and post another quote for you. Almost.

c'mon. You could do it. Just go into the advanced search and look for the "Posts I distinctly remember so they must be accurate even if they never exsisted" catagory.

branmakmuffin
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
They get to relay a message. Timing and content of that message has to go through other people for approval. I'm not a Turbine apologist, but I don't think that the blame for the lack of communication lies with T&T.
You don't blame Tunnels & Trolls (http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/tandt.htm)?