PDA

View Full Version : Quest End Rewards Based On Class For Raids

Omega2K
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Does the button "Quest End Rewards Based On Class" in the Options Menu on the Gameplay Tab affect Raid Loot End Rewards for your 20th (40th, 60th, etc.) run? Should it?

Draccus
05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Does the button "Quest End Rewards Based On Class" in the Options Menu on the Gameplay Tab affect Raid Loot End Rewards for your 20th (40th, 60th, etc.) run? Should it?

I don't think it does. When I finished my 20th Hound on my pure rogue, I had what looked like every item from that raid offered a reward save one: Tumbleweed.

I'm approaching my 20th VoD. If I don't get Tharne's Goggles, I'm outa here.

Blazer
05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Kind of related, it would be nice if we didn't get stuff offered on our 20th/40th/etc lists that we were actually incapable of using. I don't mean "useless", I mean "unable to use". My elven ranger just finished her latest round of 20 Titans and got offered the Titanic Docent. I'm sure as I get through 20 completions of VOD and Hound on my WF wizard I'll be offered the various armors that drop there, too.

Omega2K
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Kind of related, it would be nice if we didn't get stuff offered on our 20th/40th/etc lists that we were actually incapable of using. I don't mean "useless", I mean "unable to use". My elven ranger just finished her latest round of 20 Titans and got offered the Titanic Docent. I'm sure as I get through 20 completions of VOD and Hound on my WF wizard I'll be offered the various armors that drop there, too.

The reason it occured to me to ask the original question was my Warforged Spellsword completed his 40th DQ Raid run and I was offered both the Scalemail and the Chainmail... That's two completely unusable items out of the list of ten Raid Loot items... Then it occured to me that I had turned off Class Related End Rewards and I wondered if by doing so it also forgot I was a Warforged... Anyway I did not get the Torq that I wanted so I'll continue on to 60 completions. But this time I'll turn on Class Related End Rewards before talking to Zawabi. We'll see if it helps.

/crosses fingers

Omega2K
05-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Which Dev is responsible for programming this kind of thing? Perhaps I may have better luck getting an answer if I send him/her a PM instead... Anyone know?

Noctus
05-06-2009, 08:09 AM
"Quest End Rewards Based On Class"

1st:
It only influences the Endrewards of regular quests.

No chests you pop, no raidloot, no collectables or anything else you could dream of. Only the endreward list you get for completing regular quests.

2nd:
Warforged is a race.

Omega2K
05-06-2009, 11:20 AM
1st:
It only influences the Endrewards of regular quests.

No chests you pop, no raidloot, no collectables or anything else you could dream of. Only the endreward list you get for completing regular quests.

2nd:
Warforged is a race.

Thanks, Noctus, for the information. No one else seems as confident in their answer as you.

Also, I know Warforged is a Race. My comment about getting Armor types other than Docents for a Warforged was a secondary thought. However, the Torq of Raiyum is clearly a Spell-caster type item and my Character is mostly Wizard, so IF I had turned on Class Related End Rewards before collecting my 40th DQ run End Rewards, would he have been more likely to get the Torq? That was the real question to which you have answered "no" in part 1 of your response. There are a couple things I disagree with you on though: all Raid End Rewards other than intervals of 20 are definitely controlled by the button in the Options Menu and if this button is turned on Warforged do not receive Armor other than Docents. This is based on observation from playing over 30 different Characters on all Servers - a third of which are Warforged.

Thanks again for your time and reply.

NXPlasmid
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Warforged is a race.

Warforged are modified small kichen appliances , of this I am confident. Undesclosed warforged only Monk paths are: way of the toaster (fire), way of the electric carving knife (electric), way of the egg beater (water) and way of the trash compactor (earth). This is all part of the vast and mysterious thing.

Tchopstick

tihocan
05-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Being wf does indeed influence end rewards when the class-based system is selected.
And no, raid loot is not affected.

Mudcnd
05-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Being wf does indeed influence end rewards when the class-based system is selected.
And no, raid loot is not affected.

I have read plenty of threads on "the class based button" but i have never seen anyone say race has anything to do with it.
Do you have a link to where this was stated? Thx

Oreg
05-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Noctus, for the information. No one else seems as confident in their answer as you.

/snip

Thanks again for your time and reply.

I am equally confident in his answer :) It is the correct one.

Omega2K
05-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I have read plenty of threads on "the class based button" but i have never seen anyone say race has anything to do with it.

Ran some Raids on some of my Warforged Characters yesterday with Class Related End Rewards turned on and I did not receive any Armor types other than Docents. This is how it has been since they created that button and is proof that Race does matter if you are a Warforged.

tihocan
05-07-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't have any link, sorry. It might have been mentioned in the release notes when it was added, but I can't remember when it was. It's pretty obvious if you play a warforged, though.

UnderwearModel
05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
If you are a fighter, you will be offered Mnemonic potions.

If you are a wizard, you will be offered B_astard Swords.

If you are a Warforged, you will be offered Full Plate.

If you are a non-warforged, you will be offered docents.

If you are a cleric, you will offered a nice assortment of shields.

At kleast that seems to be what happens to me and to many others.

Whatever I need, I definitely am not offered.

Mudcnd
05-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Ran some Raids on some of my Warforged Characters yesterday with Class Related End Rewards turned on and I did not receive any Armor types other than Docents. This is how it has been since they created that button and is proof that Race does matter if you are a Warforged.

Well that's kinda ****, if you have class rewards turned on then on a fleshie you should never get a coaster , and I am pretty sure , i do.
Well I might have to test that.

NXPlasmid
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Well that's kinda ****, if you have class rewards turned on then on a fleshie you should never get a coaster , and I am pretty sure , i do.
Well I might have to test that.

Nah, all my toons get WF frisbees as end rewards but the ratio of armor to frisbees is about 10 to 1, probably the same for the poster who said they only get frisbees. My guess is the loot tables are favored to race and class but there is still a significant chance of getting any type of loot.