PDA

View Full Version : Wait a sec...

Zedek
05-04-2009, 12:50 AM
After reading these forums I can't believe this community. I see a over all lack of jerks and people that are willing to help us noobs out. There must be some thing wrong here. lol

After playing wow for years I jumped ship to Warhammer. I'm a huge Warhammer fan boy and have been for years. But, as of right now Warhammers end game is so broken I refuse to roll an alt or pay to play the end game. So I'm looking for a mmo to play in tell Warhammers end game is fixed. Or one worth ditching Warhammer for.

While I'm only on my second day of my trial, I like the game so far. I'm thinking of giving the game a go for a month. Since its the only way you can judge a mmo. 10 days of play time is a drop in the pot due to the size and game play of mmo's.

I got a some questions. Is pvp mostly standard mmo pvp or do they have some extra stuff thrown in? Are there any 20+ man dungeons in DDO or is the game more focused around small groups? Is class balance good over all or are there some op classes I need to steer clear of?

FluffyCalico
05-04-2009, 01:03 AM
I got a some questions. Is pvp mostly standard mmo pvp or do they have some extra stuff thrown in? Are there any 20+ man dungeons in DDO or is the game more focused around small groups? Is class balance good over all or are there some op classes I need to steer clear of?

1) PVP is an afterthought just like in DnD
2) Class balance is weighted to melee and clerics
3) Max group is 12 man

baddax
05-04-2009, 01:54 AM
After reading these forums I can't believe this community. I see a over all lack of jerks and people that are willing to help us noobs out. There must be some thing wrong here. lol
/looks around cautiously. Its the cube! Watch out for the Cube!!
After playing wow for years I jumped ship to Warhammer. I'm a huge Warhammer fan boy and have been for years. But, as of right now Warhammers end game is so broken I refuse to roll an alt or pay to play the end game. So I'm looking for a mmo to play in tell Warhammers end game is fixed. Or one worth ditching Warhammer for. DDO has its share of problems but nothing in end game so broken as to make me personaly Not want to play it.
While I'm only on my second day of my trial, I like the game so far. I'm thinking of giving the game a go for a month. Since its the only way you can judge a mmo. 10 days of play time is a drop in the pot due to the size and game play of mmo's. /agreed 30 days is a better time frame to try a mmo out.

I got a some questions. Is pvp mostly standard mmo pvp or do they have some extra stuff thrown in? Are there any 20+ man dungeons in DDO or is the game more focused around small groups? Is class balance good over all or are there some op classes I need to steer clear of? Best place to watch and learn Pvp is generally the lobster during peak hours, usually plenty of people in there and willing to show you i thing or 2 :D. The only 2 classes that i would suggest staying awy from (due to imbalance issues) would possibly be the monk and pally. However many of these issues are more minor than the play style and ability (or lack their of)of the players. Also fighters and pallys are slated for "love" in mod 9 so hopefully these issues will be addressed. Lastly Rangers are the current FOTM so you will find no shortage of them runnig around..Other than that do some research on the forums or pick a pregenerated path in korthos and try and find a good build to fit your play style, and have some fun! comments in red.

tihocan
05-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Don't expect any good PvP in DDO, you'll most likely be very disappointed ;) If you don't expect anything of it, maybe you'll enjoy it!

Class balance is reasonable... right now I'd say the biggest imbalance is the potential for two-weapon fighting rangers to be somewhat overpowered compared to other classes. But at least *all* classes can be useful... the caveat is some classes are easier to screw up (I'd say paladin, monk, rogue and bard are most difficult to get right).