PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie -- Hitler finds out about Mod 9

Inkblack
05-03-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=suaklsnjmoan

In an attempt to not get points, I'll offer the following:

It's a parody. The principal antagonist is a over-reacting forumite. I'm making fun of myself too.
This is the clean version.

Ink

BGP
05-03-2009, 06:02 PM
"It's ok Keeper, you're doing all you can with the baby"

I don't usually respond to things like this but nicely done........

Nick_RC
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Hehehe funny stuff.

moorewr
05-03-2009, 08:27 PM
The movie is the German film _Downfall_, not Valkyrie. Great parody though.

Inkblack
05-03-2009, 08:35 PM
The movie is the German film _Downfall_, not Valkyrie. Great parody though.

Bah, can't change the title :(

ArkoHighStar
05-03-2009, 08:42 PM
"how would you like my V&M shoe up your keister"

instant classic

Accelerando
05-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Hitler = Never Funny.

Uska
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Hitler = Never Funny.

Die.

I agree with Hitler never funny way to serious a subject

The10man
05-03-2009, 09:24 PM
True testament to how so many of us feel! See it quick before they jerk it down this is too true to survive.

moorewr
05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Well, without regard to its merit (or lack of) as humor, some context:

This scene is the basis of hundreds of parodies.. some angry Dallas football fans kicked off the meme by turning it into a rant about a game last year.. since then it has been a vehicle for rants about every conceivable subject, notably twitter.

[Also I highly recommend the movie.. if you are the sort of person who is sophisticated enough to watch movies with subtitles]

Kerrn_Siff
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh course Hitler can be funny, can you think of a better way to strip him of his aura then to make him a comedic puppet for the masses?

funny stuff and 100% on target.

secondchance
05-03-2009, 10:09 PM
thougt this was as good as the "failed the hound" one....... honnestly the 3rd yr avent has come and gone and still no mod 9 and sometime in june is looking closer to the reality of this huge problem if we don;t get till june and all we get is 4 more quests and 1 raid....well I think we are going to be over run w/ doom posts

baddax
05-03-2009, 10:33 PM
very nicely done and very funny. 2 thumbs up!

baddax
05-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Oh course Hitler can be funny, can you think of a better way to strip him of his aura then to make him a comedic puppet for the masses?

funny stuff and 100% on target.

/completely agree.

Kraldor
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Good stuff. There's nothing like a new Hitler <insert rant here> video to brighten my day.

Aerniel
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
its getting a bit old for me

EDIT: and... YOU CALLED TOLERO A DOOD!!!!!!

Comfortably
05-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Awesome epic-ness!!!!

cpampine
05-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Insightful and accurate, in addition to being highly entertaining.

wak
05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Night of the Long Knives anyone?

Gold!!! Gj Inkblack!

Relenthe
05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
hitler fails the hound was much better, but i still liked this video

die
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
yes im done going too a shoter up game...damn im payed up till sept..RR

die
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
LOL SHOOTER...OPPS too late now

sjwalker1973
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Keep these comming. They're funny. Normally I'd say someone with too much time on their hands, but the're cracking me up.

Inkblack
05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Keep these comming. They're funny. Normally I'd say someone with too much time on their hands, but they're cracking me up.

Yes, I had to much time on my hands, a couple of hours worth. It was more entertaining than mowing the lawn.

On a more serious note:

The video was meant to lampoon the forum users relationship with the devs, make fun of those of us that take things to far, and offer a pointed commentary on Turbine's public relations with the player base. It was in no way intended to be antisemitic, and I apologize if it was perceived that way.

Ink

Puby
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Nice one ink Right on Target.

Goldeneye
05-04-2009, 09:36 PM
"I'm so sick of the shroud, every time I run it I think of what the game could be"

that's brutally honesty
so true!

Baron
05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, without regard to its merit (or lack of) as humor, some context:

This scene is the basis of hundreds of parodies.. some angry Dallas football fans kicked off the meme by turning it into a rant about a game last year.. since then it has been a vehicle for rants about every conceivable subject, notably twitter.

[Also I highly recommend the movie.. if you are the sort of person who is sophisticated enough to watch movies with subtitles]

Thanks to 3 years as a dependent in Germany and the US army's "You will either learn German or French while you attend DOD schools in Europe" policy in the 60's followed by 2 tours while I was a soldier I learned German the hard way.

The real sub titles in "The Downfall" are very accurate and it catch's Germany at the end very accurately. I know this because from a soldart I meet on my second tour whom I became friends with. He had been captured by the Russians fighting in General Paulus's 6th Army when he was 16 and was released in 1957. Drafts in Germany toward the end went something like - Are you breathing, do you want to stay that way?. Pick up a rifle and get in the column...

After the war he had started a bookstore with an american GI who landed in the 2nd wave at Normandy, got shot up toward the end of the war and then married a German women after and settled down in Frankfurt. They were brother in laws though he did not know it for a few years, criminals did not get mail in Russia.... In fact most of the German prisioners of the Russians died in captivity. Its hard to blame the Russians..

The soldart watched the film and called me from Germany to tell me to get a copy if I wanted to see what it was like in Germany at the end. Few films really show just how screwed up war is, and the mix of monsters and bad guys with good guys in a bad situation and this is one of them.

Watch it with the real sub titles if you can..

It is the most accurate film made of how a war ends when you can't get on your helicopter and fly away from your mistakes and misteps in not telling the politicans the truth even if it costs you your job. It should be required watching for US army officers flagging for General. I recognize many current army generals of Iraq fame in the film.

Some still serving at the highest levels....

Zaal
05-04-2009, 10:38 PM
http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=suaklsnjmoan

In an attempt to not get points, I'll offer the following:

It's a parody. The principal antagonist is a over-reacting forumite. I'm making fun of myself too.
This is the clean version.

Ink

mhahahahaaa!!! OMG !!!!

kik1661
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Hitler to serious a subject to lampoon??? Please!!... Mel Brooks ..The Producers... Springtime for Hitler ..nuff said.

Voalkrynn2
05-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Lol

Vampyr3
09-08-2009, 09:06 AM
I've seen other videos in this series, very funny.. I can't get this one to load

wamjratl1
09-08-2009, 09:17 AM
EDIT: The movie is Downfall, not Valkyrie. Can't edit titles :(

Edit --> Go Advanced (at bottom right of Edit screen)

Lorien_the_First_One
09-08-2009, 09:22 AM
I've seen other videos in this series, very funny.. I can't get this one to load

me either :(

FarOutFish
09-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Well done. I have seen this with different subtitles several times. If Hitler is to serious to lampoon, how about Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator" or Spike Jones and his City Slickers "In der Fuhrer's Face".