PDA

View Full Version : SSRI Static Rushing:

Bloodhaven
05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
SSRI Static Rushing:

Rules for Farming XP:

Do not level until you have to.
Run each quest on normal until you have 2 runs left. On the last 2 runs go hard then elite to maximize xp.
Do not allow anyone over your level into the group.
Faster is better. Do not bother with conquest or ransack if it will take longer to do.
Pick up any of the cool starter gear you want from the island. Then get off the starter island.

The questing:

Information is key 8-9 times
Ringleader 8-9 times
WW 8-9 times
STK 8-9 times
Deleras 1 time for trinket <do this at level 4>
Tangleroot 8-9 times
Depths N/H/E
Deleras 7-8
Stormcleave 5-6 times
Gwelens stand 8-9 times
Crucible 13 times
POP 6-7 times
Madstone 8-9 times
You will be level 13+ by then
After that do all your raid preps this should get you to 15/16

MrWizard
05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
interesting runs.
I personally like to get a small group and just bang out the 1st through 4th level quests elite, just once, as fast as I can.
By then should be near mid 7th.

THey are all usually around a minute or two except for the chain quests. The level 4s can take a few minutes longer.

Then just do some 5s and 6s asap...that along with the chains and you should be near 10...gianthold and on wards.

I just like to get the favor and fast xp. So elite once, and as you get higher than the quest the quicker and easier it is to do...thus averagin around 500-1000/minute if a good group.

But that looks kinda neat. But the length of the quests leaves a lot for me personally...though ransacking those quests for loot and xp is not bad. I do like the favor stuff though...really helps when leveling fast for backpack, buffs (both houses), house d stuff, etc....

sounds like you leave a lot of quests undone for later enjoyment...that is cool too.

I usually just skip the 8th level and above (unless part of an earlier chain) cause by then I am 10th and can hit giant hold for fun and loot...

wonder what the loot/xp run will be in the new mod.

Slink
05-02-2009, 08:12 PM
LOL

You forgot threnals and vons, some of the best xp out there at level 7-10.

Also Tear of dhakaan at level 5-8 that not only offers up great xp but also really nice mid level gear.

What about Tempest spine?

Waiting to lvl 13 for vons/DQ is only hurting the xp, not gaining.

Really, I cant believe I am seeing a post like this. You arent one of those "Where is mod9!!!" people are you?

Theboz
05-02-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL

You forgot threnals and vons, some of the best xp out there at level 7-10.

Also Tear of dhakaan at level 5-8 that not only offers up great xp but also really nice mid level gear.

What about Tempest spine?

Waiting to lvl 13 for vons/DQ is only hurting the xp, not gaining.

Really, I cant believe I am seeing a post like this. You arent one of those "Where is mod9!!!" people are you?

they take to long and are not needed for anyting of value., Except for DQ but that can be done at anytime

SimVerg
05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
You forgot Shadow Crypt.

Bloodhaven
05-03-2009, 09:27 AM
You forgot Shadow Crypt.

I do not know that quest well so I cant vouch for it. I hear it is 10k xp for 10 mins of work. I will try it out and see.

spyderwolf
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I do not know that quest well so I cant vouch for it. I hear it is 10k xp for 10 mins of work. I will try it out and see.

you do shadow crpyt elite til you xp cap it then you do hard and normal once. you gain about 175k xp for 2-3 hours of work. thats assuming you do it at level 7-8 as soon as ya get firewall. if ya wait til level 10ish yo uonly get abotu 100-130k xp.

farce22
11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
At least Bloodhaven had the balls, and set aside the time to try to help the guy. It is people like the ones that are hating on him here that discourage a lot of people from trying to help. If you disagree do not hate on someone, rather than that you should write your own guide and point out the differences in play style that make the guides different. Thanks for writing the guide Bloodhaven, to the haters /golfclap /dismiss. Spongeworthy, Khyber.

Terl42
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Unless I'm missing a trick, you have to be level 5 to enter the last crypt in the Delera's chain, so you can't get the trinket untill level 5. Other than that, I do like your choice of runs, and would vouch the inclusion of shadow crypt at 7-8 (firewall time) but you will have to have an oppener, so it's not as easy to farm any more.

Enochroot
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Whatever, I'm in his guild, I'll talk smack, we have thick skin. He's noobing it up without all the necro stuff, and there's more than just shadow (which is clearly awesome). (All the part 5's should be farmed, and some of the prereqs), but most people don't even set foot in these quests, they're too "hard", or "unfun", or something.

Also, stormcleave is out in my book, Tear is in, Tempest Spine is the biggest waste of time since catacombs. Threnal is definitely fantastic. A Von 1-4 or two isn't bad necessarily, but definitely von5-6 is horrendously slow, especially these days (mayyybe if you can get a good guild/vet run going, but 130 minute von5's can suck it, and there's rarely a group of decent players at this range)

Others often missed (all assume you're awesome and these only takes a *few* minutes):

- Dreams of insanity
- Invasion
- XC runs (any runs you get loot out of are good imo, if you'll be farming them later anyway)

Sup Blood!! =P I'm on break again ^^

Bloodhaven
04-17-2010, 10:02 PM
whatever, I'm In His Guild, I'll Talk Smack, We Have Thick Skin. He's Noobing It Up Without All The Necro Stuff, And There's More Than Just Shadow (which Is Clearly Awesome). (all The Part 5's Should Be Farmed, And Some Of The Prereqs), But Most People Don't Even Set Foot In These Quests, They're Too "hard", Or "unfun", Or Something.

Also, Stormcleave Is Out In My Book, Tear Is In, Tempest Spine Is The Biggest Waste Of Time Since Catacombs. Threnal Is Definitely Fantastic. A Von 1-4 Or Two Isn't Bad Necessarily, But Definitely Von5-6 Is Horrendously Slow, Especially These Days (mayyybe If You Can Get A Good Guild/vet Run Going, But 130 Minute Von5's Can Suck It, And There's Rarely A Group Of Decent Players At This Range)

Others Often Missed (all Assume You're Awesome And These Only Takes A *few* Minutes):

- Dreams Of Insanity
- Invasion
- Xc Runs (any Runs You Get Loot Out Of Are Good Imo, If You'll Be Farming Them Later Anyway)

Sup Blood!! =p I'm On Break Again ^^

Qft!

Kaldais
04-17-2010, 10:18 PM
You also forgot The Pit, one of the best xp quest around level 7-8, and doable in under 30minutes.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
04-18-2010, 12:56 AM
SSRI Static Rushing:

Rules for Farming XP:

Do not level until you have to.
Run each quest on normal until you have 2 runs left. On the last 2 runs go hard then elite to maximize xp.
Do not allow anyone over your level into the group.
Faster is better. Do not bother with conquest or ransack if it will take longer to do.
Pick up any of the cool starter gear you want from the island. Then get off the starter island.

The questing:

Information is key 8-9 times
Ringleader 8-9 times
WW 8-9 times
STK 8-9 times
Deleras 1 time for trinket <do this at level 4>
Tangleroot 8-9 times
Depths N/H/E
Deleras 7-8
Stormcleave 5-6 times
Gwelens stand 8-9 times
Crucible 13 times
POP 6-7 times
Madstone 8-9 times
You will be level 13+ by then
After that do all your raid preps this should get you to 15/16

I would rather stick a fork in my eye than run a small set of quests a bunch of times.

Cylinwolf
04-18-2010, 03:35 AM
I would rather stick a fork in my eye than run a small set of quests a bunch of times.

'Kay. Then don't.

praetor
04-18-2010, 06:26 AM

OP never suggested that you should play this way. Some people enjoy leveling fast and prefer to play end-game content. Some don't. It's just personal preference, and the OP is only trying to help people who are interested in the former method of play. He's not saying everyone should play like this. Chill out.

Vantha
04-19-2010, 09:38 PM
What's STK?

And what if we only have a free account? I can't do Tangleroot :(

Daehawk
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
What's STK?

And what if we only have a free account? I can't do Tangleroot :(

STK = Shan-to-Kor.

Do the ones you can and sub it for something else that you can't do.

Lithic
04-20-2010, 12:26 AM
This is for a 32pt/noob character right? Cause even a TR1 will need more than that for lvl 15ish.

kaelis
04-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Nice list; Generally because leveling is a dynamic experience I don't keep a set list, but rather favourite hot zones for xp. Way to many to list though (since my quest log only reads to level 11 atm)

Anyways, Some xp farming rules (in my and a few other like minded individuals):

-1000xp/minute. Strive for this as your minimum. Anything less is casual paced.

-12 runs normal, 1 hard 1 elite is the best xp for a quest; most don't get this treatment. Run a quest until it drops below 1000xp/min, possibly do hard/elite depending on group make up, move on.

- Try to do all quests 1 level above as often as possible, but don't violate rule 1 to do so (1000xp/min)

-Sometimes saving a quest to farm on a harder difficulty (namely shadow crypt) is ideal

- Don't run quests you aren't optimized for; or better yet optimize your self to the quests (a.k.a come prepared)

- Do not stress your 10% no death's you lose it sometimes, it happens. Get over it.

- Have fun; if the quest is getting on your nerves, leave come back later, or better yet move on to another quest. There's a lot of quests where you can maintain 1000xp/min with good twink and quest knowledge.

-Bind twink if you don't repair often. :( I lost many good clickies this way before i got smart.

-Only do hard/elite if you your walking through a quest diablo II style, otherwise the added difficulty may not be worth it.

Post edit: Star be nice!

Brudyhah
10-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Now that we have the bravery bonus, are you guys running all quests on elite first and then doing the n/h batch?

Absolute-Omniscience
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Nvm

Someone bloody necrod this stuff.

Oakianus
10-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Now that we have the bravery bonus, are you guys running all quests on elite first and then doing the n/h batch?

tbh, Mr. Necro, I'm running a first TR and I have found so far (to level 9) that running every quest two levels below yours on Elite has gotten me where I wanted to go just fine.

Probably not the best plan for speed, because some of the quests in question are **** XP and a pain in the ass to get to. But there is a really neat side effect - I got both of my inventory slots before taking 7th, for instance. :P

If I were going for speed, I'd assume that a single E/H/N would be more than enough if you hit the right quests. That way you get your bravery bonus and still get better-than-old-school-elite XP from Hard and the Norm bonus, too.