PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven 20 Barb - Stalwart Absurdity

Shroonith
05-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Dwarven 20 Barb - Stalwart Defender

Stats:
20+5LVL+3Barb+2Dwarf+4Tome+11Rage+3Exceptional GS+6item+8Double Madstone+2Rage Spell+2Alchemy Potion+8Scourge Choker:74 (32 Modifier when completely uberly maxed out)

Feats:
toughness
shield mastery
improved shield mastery
SF:Intimidate
Bullheaded
Resiliance (+4 all saves)
Force of Personality or Lightning Reflexes or SF:UMD

HP:
20Base
10Argo
240Barb
22Toughness
80toughness enhancements
20minos
30gfl
45shroud
640CON
------------
1107 HP

Get stalwart defender for uber DR. Get a ton of guard effects on your DT. Craft a ton of GS item with guards, max your intim, and enjoy. (PS: I dont actually recommend this build to anyone, but it would make a ridiculous HP tank)

Also, in addition to rages, you have defensive stance uses. Could work in UMD. Are there scrolls of fire and cold shield?

Magada
05-02-2009, 03:09 AM
must be missing something did u miss count of the hp?

Dexxaan
05-02-2009, 03:11 AM
I read your post and the mental Image I got was nothing more useful than a Dwarven version of Jabba the Hut. :eek:

Fun to see on Paper....and who knows how many may actually be running around Stormreach!

LastNameRage
05-02-2009, 03:37 AM
gimp

Noctus
05-02-2009, 08:43 AM
I could go in and out an explain the several layered problems of this build, but ill be short & blunt:

Gimp.

edit:
Have to give at least some input why it wont do any good, or i´d sound like a selfrighteous @sshole.

- This is the definition of Meatshield. But sadly a meatshield is not the best option for very many quests.
- You will be relegated to guildruns only. Most PUGs will be unhappily surprised if their barbarian cant fight his way out of a wet paper back.
- Zero synergy with Clas / PrE.
- Zero DPS. What do you do against casters , raid bosses, cleaving monsters?

Shade
05-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Altho the build is dumb...

I do think Dwarf Barb Stalwart Defender could be an awesome mix.

Sure you probably can't use rage + defense stance at once.. But having both options allows for great flexibility.
Rage for general DPS. And defense for when you want to lock down and tank a boss.

And ofcourse the passive AC bonus all the time can certainly help.

You'd 18 strength 16 con tho, and not worry too much about charisma.

The build just doesnt evne need intimidate because while in defensive stance you produce 200% more hate with your attacks, add in some barbarian damage boost and no ones pulling agro from you.

Shroonith
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
This wasnt an actual build I'd make, or even recommend anyone to make... rather an outlet for HP number crunching.

Should you happen to put 8 guards on this guy though, it could be interesting.

Noctus
05-02-2009, 02:05 PM
This wasnt an actual build I'd make, or even recommend anyone to make... rather an outlet for HP number crunching.

Should you happen to put 8 guards on this guy though, it could be interesting.

Ah, okay. Didnt see that.

Shade
05-03-2009, 12:07 AM

Yea nice breakdown on the max possible HPs.

Seems low tho, I was thinking it'd be much higher.

Not sure u got the toughness enhancements right.. Isn't it 20 per enhancement for barbarian toughness, so 20x4= 80 + 10 per for dwarf racial toughness, for 40+80 = 120 total?
Not sure on that tho, only just glanced at the first ranks ingame.

Con looks ok tho few errors:
8 Choker - Choker is bugged so it only gives 6
Missing littany of the dead +1 profane bonus
Alchemical bonus goes to +3

Other increases.. u can drop the useless intimidate and saves stuff and swap them for more toughnesese.. Better off having more hp on a uselss hp meatshield heh. Be as uselss as you can be right.

PS: To answer a question in ur OP: Yes there are fire shield scrolls.

Comfortably
05-03-2009, 12:12 AM
It's 10 per thing for barbarian and dwarg toughness.

Asketes
05-03-2009, 12:19 AM
you probably realize this and figured out how to play with both, but you cannot be raged and in defender stance at the same time.

build looks like a lot of fun though.!

Shroonith
05-03-2009, 12:51 AM
defensive stance is for when all your rage are gone. :P

tc12
05-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Dwarven 20 Barb - Stalwart Defender

Wait, have they defined prereqs for non-Fighter dwarves getting access to Defender? I must have missed that.

Shade
05-07-2009, 09:58 PM
defensive stance is for when all your rage are gone. :P

Not really.No barb worth his salt ever runs out of rage. Buti t has other uses.

Tanking in DDO is very limited to when its actually helpful.. Basicly just a few bosses. So rage for general DPS, and defense for boss tanking. Good mix of both really as it costs you basicly nothing in DPS, and offers allot of extra defense.

I'd probably make one of these if they do get the Stalwart defneder in for Dwarves. Not this build ofcourse - just my usual dps build with modifications for more defense.

Mainly Sulomedes.. I've tanked him on elite on my regular low AC barb, and it was ok.. But it is just rather rough on the clerics to have to time the heals between the many curses.. Vs an AC build which avoids more curses as he only curses when he actually hits you.

EazyWeazy
05-07-2009, 11:31 PM
There is a version of this already running on Thelanis. He's a max shield blocking barbarian with weapon finesse. He's actually quite proud of it and he explains it all in his Bio.

I will 2nd the above posts that this is a completely useless build. Nothing quite like finding out you got one when filling a DPS spot for a Sorjek run. :mad:

Myxalplyx
07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Deleted!!!!

Myxalplyx
07-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Bizzump! Could you do a number crunch for a warforged monk that has all toughness feats and mountain stance, all the way up to lvl 20?

Also, add the other hp additions as you did to 'Stalwart Absurdity', at least the ones that apply. Just tossing around silly ideas. You can send me a PM. I could no send you one. Thanks!