PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Server?

oni13
04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Hello all, just bought the game and I'm looking for a home. I played DDO in beta, but it didn't catch my attention. Last year I tried it again when Monks were released for the 10 day Trial on Argonessen and enjoyed myself. However, I was distracted by other games and didn't sign up. Well, all the other games on the market have bored me to tears and I remember enjoying the gameplay of DDO. I read the changes in Mod 8 and liked the addition of Hirelings and Mod 9 I like with the scaling difficulty to quests so soloing to small groups is more accessible to a new player.

Ok, now to what I am looking for if you've not already left to read another thread. ^^
I am a Late Night gamer primarily from 12am-8am EST. Since I have no way to check server populations and activity I thought I'd ask here. What server or servers has a fairly active night crew? I really don't expect to raid due to my schedule when I have a character capable of such things, but having the ability to be social with other late night players in the game woud be nice.

I do not have Drow or 32pt unlocked so I have nothing keeping me tied to a specific server. Argonessen when I played on it last year was moderately active even late night and had very polite and helpful people.

I'm an old school 2nd Ed AD&D player so the Eberron setting and 3.5 mechanics are pretty alien to me if that matters at all. I don't care about powergaming as I just enjoy playing my character and having fun in the adventures presented to me. That however doesn't mean I am casual and without discipline when I play, but simply that I'd rather look in every corner of a dungeon instead of just running straight to the end.

Hopefully, Drow/32pt won't take me forever to unlock so I can concentrate on a specific character as my Main.

Thanks for any help.

FluffyCalico
04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Argonessen when I played on it last year was moderately active even late night and had very polite and helpful people.

Thanks for any help.

Argo had a huge night team until about 6 weeks ago. Past 6 weeks have been pretty dead at all times on argo as most are bored out of their minds waiting on mod 9

oni13
04-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Argo had a huge night team until about 6 weeks ago. Past 6 weeks have been pretty dead at all times on argo as most are bored out of their minds waiting on mod 9I can definitely understand people being a little away at the moment waiting on Mod 9 or testing it out.

UnderwearModel
04-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Two instances in the Marketplace.

Two instances in Meridia.

Two instances in Gianthold.

I always notice the instance count when lag gets kind of bad for me.

Doing quests in gianthold were not laggy, but the Shroud was definitely laggy for me.

I do NOT play at 4 AM though. No idea who is on then. I will guess the Aussies and DDO Korea play at that time. The Aussies and Koreans are all good players in my opinion.

Welcome to the game. I would suggest rolling up a dwarf fighter or a dwarf barbarian or a dwarf ranger to quickly get to the Drow. In my opinion, dwarven warrior types are the toughest at low levels.

WestiesMA
04-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Sarlona has decent activity in the time frame you specified - especially if you speak Chinese and/or are willing to run in Chinese groups. I have been in several West Coast late-night raids. There are a couple of West Coast guilds on Sarlona also - maybe check out The Harpers or Alaska Time.

Zenako
04-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeh, the LFMs seem to peak on Sarlona around 8PM EST and then again some time after midnight as the west coast and pacific rim players get going. I would suggest picking a couple of servers among those mentioned, running a starting character thru the Korthos Experience and checking out the LFM panels. SHould give you an idea of relative player pops at the times you want. Check out the WHO listing to see who is on and sort by Guilds to see which ones are active at those times of night.

Hope this helps and welcome back....

Accelerando
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
We have a pretty solid Late Night crew on Ghallanda as well. Sort of similar to Sarlona you will see alot of Korean groups here but they almost all excellent players and most of them speak enough English to communicate what needs to get done.

Grouping dies off around 1am but picks back up around 4-5am on to 12pm (This is EST).

Best of luck wherever you end up.

moops
04-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I play between 8 PM Pacific and 1 AM Pacific on Sarlona--It's been pretty busy, even though there is a kinda lull right now. Many of the Chinese groups have someone who speaks English run the raids or they have someone in group that types instructions, though at the lower levels I think they just assume that everyone already knows the quests. This does have it's plus side---if you want no spoilers:)

One thing about Sarlona, even though there are a good amount of LFMS, there are many more guild only and friends of guild things going on that never make it to the LFMS--so finding a guild will help you alot.