PDA

View Full Version : Min level on tomes

Thame
04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Ok everyone talking about how tomes will now be min lvl 7 after mod 9 goes live. Its been said on other threads that +2 int tome especially prior to mod 9 with no min level will be worth millions when mod 9 goes live.

Um.....whoever would pay millions for a +2 int tome needs their head examined.....seriously. It take so little time to level to 7 anyway that its not worth buying one for an overinflated price. What does the extra +2 get you anyway a few more skill points? few more spell points for a wiz?

Seriously......its not worth it.

Frodo_Lives
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
The reason that the Int tome specifically will be worth more is that it will allow you to get 6 more skill points that can not be replicated any other way.

Personally I don't think it's the end all be all, but to some builds it can make a difference.

I think that the Dex tome will be a bit of an issue as well because if you want to make a TWF with a starting dex of 15 and a +2 tome you will have to wait till level 9 (or use fighter feats) for your BAB to be high enough to take ITWF.

Currently on a paladin or barbarian you can take improved TWF at level 6 if you used a +2 dex tome. This will no longer be an option and it could really mess up a build if it is tight on higher end feats.

Lorien_the_First_One
04-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok everyone talking about how tomes will now be min lvl 7 after mod 9 goes live. Its been said on other threads that +2 int tome especially prior to mod 9 with no min level will be worth millions when mod 9 goes live.

Um.....whoever would pay millions for a +2 int tome needs their head examined.....seriously. It take so little time to level to 7 anyway that its not worth buying one for an overinflated price. What does the extra +2 get you anyway a few more skill points? few more spell points for a wiz?

Seriously......its not worth it.

It's not the wait to L7, its the 6 extra skill points that you will never get if you take the tome at L7. I don't think its worth it either, but then some people have 4mil plat on multiple chars so what the heck else are they going to do with it?

For other tomes it may let you qualify for feats earlier.

Edit: ****** I typed too slow :p

Impaqt
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
The reason that the Int tome specifically will be worth more is that it will allow you to get 6 more skill points that can not be replicated any other way.

Personally I don't think it's the end all be all, but to some builds it can make a difference.

I think that the Dex tome will be a bit of an issue as well because if you want to make a TWF with a starting dex of 15 and a +2 tome you will have to wait till level 9 (or use fighter feats) for your BAB to be high enough to take ITWF.

Currently on a paladin or barbarian you can take improved TWF at level 6 if you used a +2 dex tome. This will no longer be an option and it could really mess up a build if it is tight on higher end feats.

Not really.... Take a filler feat at Level 6, Eat your Tome at Level 7, then respec that feat. No big deal.

Slink
04-26-2009, 11:13 PM
It wont matter much in the future when the playing field is balanced even more.

I forsee respec in mod 10 with a MANDATORY re-allocation of skill points for ALL characters.
Problem solved.
Noone gets 6 extra skill points and also likely that all existing +2 tomes will be changed to min lvl 7.

Missing_Minds
04-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Not really.... Take a filler feat at Level 6, Eat your Tome at Level 7, then respec that feat. No big deal.

With a ml coming on tomes, I'd not be surprised if that little trick gets removed also.

chsye5201
04-26-2009, 11:38 PM

I forsee respec in mod 10 with a MANDATORY re-allocation of skill points for ALL characters.
Problem solved.
Noone gets 6 extra skill points and also likely that all existing +2 tomes will be changed to min lvl 7.

I would be REALLY ****ed as that just screwed my characters out of skills I paid for.

ice33b
04-27-2009, 12:27 AM

Problem solved.

Hehehe... you said Mod 10. Thats funny stuff :)

Noctus
04-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Problem solved.

And i see flying pigs with golden wings selling sauerkraut-based sushi in Tenotchtitlan revival markets, glued sideways to the Empire State Building.

/well same propability of it happening.

Slink
04-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah I hear you all :p

LMAO.

Mod 10 might arrive sometime in august/september 2014. :rolleyes:
So you can enjoy those extra 6 skill points for a while. ;)

Honestly though. Don't you believe that balance is something they always try to work on?
With the knowledge that tomes will now have a resonable min level requirement,
how else should they pursue balance between people that ate a tome at lvl1 and those that nom'd at level 13?
Kate said in her interview that character respec was something that they really want to work on for future modules.

Forum-goers had their huge debate/debacle over WOP and they changed it along with transmuting.
Anyone that has tested it can see how balance was achieved with this change.
So after all the arguing on the forums, it was implemented in a fashion that was fair for everyone.

So, my question is, with the forums asking for respec + the "Kate comments" how do you see it being anything besides what I am thinking?
Or, how else could it be balanced?
Whenever something is changed they will have to figure a way to balance it first.
Remember when we went from a few enhancements to AP?
They just reset everyones enhancements and gave the appropriate amount of AP that could be used at a particular experience count.
I understand skill points are different but the concept of reseting has already been done a few times.
Upon a total skill point respec and min level requirements for tomes, they now have a baseline for when(at what level) to add
stat appropriate skills with addition of a +1/+2/+3/+4 tome.

OP, I understand exactly what youre saying. It is very funny to watch people squabble over these types of things though.
It always happens.
Hopefully you have 3 or 4 +2 int tomes in the bank and can capitalize on the mad rush.