PDA

View Full Version : Newb Fighter question

vodevil72
04-21-2009, 05:38 PM
So I'm looking to roll a fighter (undecided on race) and can't find any starter builds in the forums. I see a lot of end-game builds but nothing that talks about initial stats.. Can someone point me to some builds that talk about starting stats? Or maybe throw your suggestion here?

Thanks!

vodevil72
04-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Duh, scratch that. Just found the "Class Builds" forum. :o

Shroonith
04-22-2009, 03:38 AM
what role would you like to perform with your fighter? damage dealer or tank? do you prefer dual weilding, sword and shield or using a two hander?

Beerina
05-01-2009, 01:06 PM
what role would you like to perform with your fighter? damage dealer or tank? do you prefer dual weilding, sword and shield or using a two hander?

This is one of several things about 1st edition I preferred -- no "taunt" = no "tank" = no being shoved into a roll as a meat shield.

Indeed, they have to create the taunt ability just to give the "tank" something to do. As a melee I always loathed non-melee things like, I don't know, crowd control? Leave that to the enchanters and illusionists and mass sleep wands.

And "taunt" itself is anti-tactical, as everyone knows you go for the casters first. Thus only the stupidest, low-level monsters would even fall for it.

Eh, I suppose a newbie's innocent question thread ain't exactly the place for discussions of core game design. :)