PDA

View Full Version : Static Group Forming - New and Veteran Players - Maximize your game experience

bohemian3
04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I am a player of 2 months and looking to form a static group, starting characters from scratch and growing together. I've joined a static group on Monday nights on Khyber and thoroughly enjoy it. It is so much better and infinitely more fun than soloing or waiting around for new-player friendly PUGs. The group has some really top notch people and I am learning so much.

I have another night I can and want to dedicate to the game so looking to form another static group with these possibilities:

1) No zerging.

2) Explore the dungeons completely including all optionals.

3) Each group member Provides a bio and back story to your character. If the group wants to lead this into light RP that's cool, but we can let the group decide that. But I've found having a bio and back story gives you a 'feel' for how to play your character, preserves some of the PnP version experience, and adds a nice dimension to the game.

4) We all level together. We can use vendors and auction, but only with funds generated from character / group.
No mailing of gear/money from alts.

5) Possible twist: Play for 4 hours one night a week divided into 2 segments. First two hours some players tank, cast, support with one character, then group switches characters and roles for second two hours. Taking the lead of the group would depend on your group role and not longevity playing game. E.g. a bard first half becomes tank second half.

Option 5 is just an idea. This would take much longer needless to say to level a character and progress the group, but newer players like myself could get a feel for playing different classes / races. Gives veteran players the chance to play classes/races they've never tried or a chance to try out new multi-class builds, etc. Most importantly: Only if group wants this or feels it is truly practical - I defer to any veterans on this point certainly. Also this would require 2 character slots on final server decided on.

7) Availability between 8pm to midnight.

It can be hard coordinating this, so reply back to this board in this format and I will collate responses and post.
----------------------------------------------
Server Pref: Any
Nights Available: Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun
Length Playing DDO: 2months
Comments: Would like to play Wizard
----------------------------------------------

p.s. the Khyber Group “Warlord Battle Brigade” is still looking for one more player. It’s a great group of players. Check out the thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=179612

Thanks all, and look forward to seeing this come together!
steve

Demoyn
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
People don't seem to look in this forum often. If you want some exposure you'll have to make sure people see the thread.

C00LBR33Z3
04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm up for this, and willing to play any character including the cleric. Look me up on Thelanis