PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see some changes but...

LOUDRampart
04-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Dev's, I wanted to say I'm glad to see some of the changes you're making. I like the idea of dynamic hps on creatures so as more players enter or leave dungeons, the hps of mobs change accordingly.

I want to address another point though and that is the severe lack of new content. A long time ago, I recommended that players be allowed to design/create content. Then let it go to a QA process and if it met you're standards, update the servers with said new content. As I recall, there were those who liked the idea and there were those who berated the idea... but now I believe this ideas time has come. Yes I am playing CoX where they just recently added this feature and I have to say, it adds much to the game.

My suggestion... get someone working on this idea and implement it before everyone burns out on these final 4 dungeons and single raid... I believe this is one of the reasons many people play this game... for the fun of running through the dungeons... so lets let the people develop dungeons... choose the best, DL to the server and clients and this game will grab up a lot of people while keeping new and fresh content available...

Other's ideas? I'm all ears...

artvan_delet
04-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Why don't the devs post a competition for a dungeon revamp. Let the players suggest revamping an old dungeon. (There are some great layouts in the game, Wiz King comes to mind.) The suggestions are submitted to the devs only (to make it a surprise). The devs pick the submission they like the best and implement it. Have a deadline for the submissions and when it will appear in game (yes a deadline for the devs, but it makes it more of a reality, thus more interest).
Revamping an old dungeon should make it much easier to re-do.

I'll bet the playerbase has some great ideas, and the devs could get us involved. Something, anything, what say you?

Garth_of_Sarlona
04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Please don't get Inzane design dungeons, he'll only add some overpowered uber named shield drop... or whole rooms with 100 archers all out of range and levers you have to pull where you're FORCED to shield block to pull them.

Garth

artvan_delet
04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Please don't let Garth design them either, otherwise you'll have a dungeon where you need 5 monks to complete the quest, everyone who misspells will be automatically booted from the quest, and the only end reward will be super-uber handwraps.

BTW, I know that Garth is a fan of reburbishing old quests.

WeaselKing
04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
...everyone who misspells will be automatically booted from the quest, ...

Yes! I have been demanding this for years! This:

Sticky: Feedback: Marketplace Rennovations (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)

Has been driving me nuts over at the Llama forums, can't get Tolero to fix it either, tried a pm and a post. <sigh> Oh well.

Garth_of_Sarlona
04-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Please don't let Garth design them either, otherwise you'll have a dungeon where you need 5 monks to complete the quest, everyone who misspells will be automatically booted from the quest, and the only end reward will be super-uber handwraps.

sounds like a reasonable quest to me.

Yes! I have been demanding this for years!

Welcome to my world (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=171806)!

But regarding the OP - yes, user generated content would be cool, but a balance would have to be struck between the time that the devs spend fixing up the potentially unbalanced quests that players would come up with, vs just making them themselves. Certainly quest ideas would be good though I'm sure, in fact Keeper has already requested that if people had ideas for Landscape areas to let her know (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=173271).

Garth

Wrustle
04-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Dev's, I wanted to say I'm glad to see some of the changes you're making. I like the idea of dynamic hps on creatures so as more players enter or leave dungeons, the hps of mobs change accordingly.

I want to address another point though and that is the severe lack of new content. A long time ago, I recommended that players be allowed to design/create content. Then let it go to a QA process and if it met you're standards, update the servers with said new content. As I recall, there were those who liked the idea and there were those who berated the idea... but now I believe this ideas time has come. Yes I am playing CoX where they just recently added this feature and I have to say, it adds much to the game.

My suggestion... get someone working on this idea and implement it before everyone burns out on these final 4 dungeons and single raid... I believe this is one of the reasons many people play this game... for the fun of running through the dungeons... so lets let the people develop dungeons... choose the best, DL to the server and clients and this game will grab up a lot of people while keeping new and fresh content available...

Other's ideas? I'm all ears...

Let me first start by saying that I love this DDO game.... That being said, I hate it when people quote other people's original message.... But I just couldn't resist here. I have seen this idea suggested many, many times in other posts but felt the need to agree with this particular one simply because it doesn't have 5,000+ posts agreeing with it already.

User-created content will do one single thing for DDO....... :

SAVE THIS GAME.