PDA

View Full Version : Change Gauntlets of Eternity

EazyWeazy
04-15-2009, 12:50 PM
With the addition of Mass Repair spells in Mod 9 I think the Gauntlets of Eternity should be updated. They currently have Heal +13, Devotion 6, and Superior Healing Lore for the fleshies.

They also have Repair +13 on them, but nothing else for the mechanically inclined. Can we get something added to improve reconstruct spells? I was thinking add Superior Repair Lore to the gloves to make it a little more WF friendly.

Sirea
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
They're mainly a cleric item, and clerics can't cast reconstruct. Casters can get greater arcane lore which I believe covers repair spells (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

EazyWeazy
04-15-2009, 01:00 PM
They're mainly a cleric item, and clerics can't cast reconstruct. Casters can get greater arcane lore which I believe covers repair spells (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I know that right now its mainly a cleric item. I think it would be nice to change that. Clerics can also get greater arcane lore for their healing spells.

I'd like to see the gloves be more of a "healing item" both arcane and divine.

Junts
04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
arcane lore covers healing, too

Tanka
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
arcane lore covers healing, too
It's a poorly worded ability, to be honest. A lot of people misunderstand that Arcane Lore really = Magic Lore.

mediocresurgeon
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Greater Arcane Lore also works with Cleric spells (but does not stack with Gauntlets). That is why so many clerics use the Blue Dragon Armor--it is the only way to make Blade Barrier crit.

Healemup
04-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Greater Arcane Lore also works with Cleric spells (but does not stack with Gauntlets). That is why so many clerics use the Blue Dragon Armor--it is the only way to make Blade Barrier crit.

I assume you are referring to the effect of Greater Arcane Lore being the only way to get Blade Barrier to crit, rather than the Blue Dragon Armor specifically. Greater Arcane Lore is also found on the Green Blade and Skiver.

sjwalker1973
04-15-2009, 01:08 PM
They are a cleric item not a caster item.

mediocresurgeon
04-15-2009, 01:09 PM
I assume you are referring to the effect of Greater Arcane Lore being the only way to get Blade Barrier to crit, rather than the Blue Dragon Armor specifically.

Correct. My fault for wording that improperly.

Sirea
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Agreed. Clerics who do a lot of offensive casting or haven't pulled the Gauntlets would probably prefer the Blue Scale armor. My cleric has the Gauntlets and offensive casting is kind of a secondary task, so I probably won't pursue Blue Scales for her any time soon (besides, 250 point-a-tick blade barriers are just fine for me). Besides, farming those things are a pain in the arse.

I just don't see much in the point of putting a "superior repair lore" on an item meant for a class that can't even cast a repair spell. It's nice that at least the toasters get the Repair +13 for shrining.

EazyWeazy
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I just don't see much in the point of putting a "superior repair lore" on an item meant for a class that can't even cast a repair spell. It's nice that at least the toasters get the Repair +13 for shrining.

The Repair +13 doesn't really do much of anything. Adding superior repair lore would mean the item isn't meant for a class at all, but a purpose. That purpose would be to "Heal things...both fleshie and mechanical".