PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Monastery expert - Posible SPOILER ALERT

ShrewMage
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I've read how rouges can solo Monastery by sneaking past everything so I thought I'd give it a try. I managed to make it past the floor tile puzzle part right before the end fight, but I can't seem to get all the runes lit around the "Symbol" I can get 3 of them but can't quite figure out how to get over to the last one in the south section of the room. I even tried using a hireling to rotate the floor tile, but the airflow just doesn't seem to ever come on for that corner.

Does anyone know/willing to share the method of getting all the runes lit in here? I would be greatly appreciative (say 30k pp appreciative). If you just want to come in and show me rather than typing it out, i'm online right now under the name Olympian on the Argonnessen server.

Thanks, Shrew

Edit: oh and I've looked around on goolgle a bit to see if the answers are out there, but no luck.

Junts
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
down by the shrine, there is a power tile on the floor; when you turn it twice, it turns off the antigrav on the other side and you can reach the final lever.

ShrewMage
04-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Ok I'm a newb, I didn't have the floor tile puzzle set right (the one before dropping down that lowers the barrier). Once that was set back where it needed to be all the jets worked right.

Thanks for the reply Junts, even tho that wasn't the issue I appreciate the comment.

Merlocke
04-11-2009, 07:34 PM
look me up in game and id be happy to show u.

merlocke/merlockebot/merloc/merlokce

SableShadow
04-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Link (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2089552&postcount=94)to post with puzzle screenies. There are prolly a number of ways to do it, but if you can get together with someone to show you live, that's even better.

ShrewMage
04-11-2009, 10:27 PM
look me up in game and id be happy to show u.

merlocke/merlockebot/merloc/merlokce

Thanks for the offer merloc. I ended up getting some assistance from a nice gentleman which I can't remember his name, De something WF barb. He pointed out that I had not reset the first piece of tile puzzle up top. I wasn't aware that it moves back after you solve it and drop down, and with all the aggro waiting up there I was suprised my rouge didn't get smoked :P

Link (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2089552&postcount=94)to post with puzzle screenies. There are prolly a number of ways to do it, but if you can get together with someone to show you live, that's even better.

Thanks for the link to the guide Sable, your guides are always so clean and straight forward. I managed to snag a screenshot of that puzzle there when I ran with my bard tho, so I had that part down pat. Then again that was where my problem lied and was why I couldn't get the air stream to the south end of the room started up. I'm guessing it resets after turning the single floor tile down in the room beyond the barrier, but I don't know that for sure.

I'm just glad I was able to get through it and learn along the way. I've probably been in there about 15 times, but generally the person(s) doing the puzzles takes care of them fast enough I don't bother watching them in action. Or in my case I'm a sorc/cleric/bard normally and taking a rest at the shrine while the melee's are running around hitting the switches. It just goes to show that no matter how much I try and pay attention to how things are done, there's only so much any one person can keep up with.

Thanks again for all your help guys
Shrew