PDA

View Full Version : Change to True Rez Clicky

BlueBadger
04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Suggestion:
Adjust the change to True Rez Shroud items from being made almost completely useless to being at leasta little more useful then accumulating extra death penalties by making it Resurrection instead so that people have at least some kind of chance at survival when they raise dead folk in any kind of situation where combat isn't over. It is quite silly to reduce an item ability so substantually more then a year after people have crafted such items. Yes it's a powerful weapon/ability and I agree that True Ressurection shouldn't have been made so common before clerics were even capable of casting the spell but I don't agree with the fact that you're making something become so much less desirable and such a waste when you compare it to other existing magical items that were around longer, were known to be less powerful(but nice since you can trade them around) but that don't require nearly the same amount of investment.

I agree with many players on my server and players who have stated on the forums already that this is a much much more insulting and excessive change then any of the other changes. While it's completely understandable that you want do reduce the amount of True Rezzing going on so that high level clerics can keep some of their sparkle, it really reduces the options for bards, small groups, and just the playability of the game in general.

I strongly hope that you consider making the Shroud True Rez into a Resurrection and not raise dead.

Gordo
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
A logical and fair compromise.

tihocan
04-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I would have appreciated it as well. Or, you know, they could just leave it alone, it's not like it's unbalancing anything...

jakeelala
04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
or just grandfather it.

new ones only raise or resurrect.

Phidius
04-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Really? Turbine, do you think it's unbalanced?

Yes, I have 2 clickies of True Res, but they were crafted for their additional spell points. As I acquired new and better loot (napkin and glacial gloves), I needed to move my spell point item to a different spot.

Frankly, I don't care if it's raise dead, resurrection, or true resurrection... I just find it hard to believe that someone thought a single True Resurrection was unbalanced.

redoubt
04-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Changes like this are frustrating for several reasons:

1. It devalues our time spent playing

2. It weakens our characters. While if given a good explaination, we will sometimes be okay with a lessening of our abilities, we rarely like going backwards.

3. Makes us feel you do not value our opinions.

Please do not make this change to the game. You let us invest all of that time, please don't make us feel like it was for nothing.

Thank you.

Yaga_Nub
04-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Changes like this are frustrating for several reasons:

1. It devalues our time spent playing

It doesn't devalue your time spent playing.

2. It weakens our characters. While if given a good explaination, we will sometimes be okay with a lessening of our abilities, we rarely like going backwards.

It doesn't weaken your characters or lessen your abilities.

3. Makes us feel you do not value our opinions.

They don't value our opinions because for the most part those opinions are self-serving.

Please do not make this change to the game. You let us invest all of that time, please don't make us feel like it was for nothing.

Thank you.

Change away. If people feel like that time was for nothing then they need to quit looking at DDO as a job and instead think of all the fun you had getting those items.

redoubt
04-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Yaga,

1. We disagree. I could have run a different quest or done something different instead of grinding the shroud to get a true rez clickie. When it is no longer a true rez and is now a raise dead the clickie is not as valuable. My clickie (and thus the effort I spent getting) has depreciated.

2. One day I can cast a True Rez. The next day I can only cast Raise Dead. To me this is weaker. Explain how it is not.

3. While many opinions expressed on the forums are self serving, it does not have any affect on our perception of Turbine ignoring us. I am explaining how I think this change causes a negative within the player base. Negatives in the playerbase are bad for the game overall because with enough of them, the playerbase shrinks.