PDA

View Full Version : Why not nerf the HPs on mobs too

Galacticus
04-07-2009, 12:47 AM
This is not a rant about the W/P nerfing. I don't agree with the nerf for various reasons but mainly that w/p made it easier to zerg through various quest where the HPs on the mobs were so outrageous that DPS didn't even make sense and the only thing to do is to run through the instance to get through it faster(sorjek).
Fact is, I'm ****ed not that you nerfed W/P but that you did nothing to scale down the HPs of the mobs. You scaled down the weapon that made it easy to finish a quest without hating yourself for even downloading this game.
You changed the grind from an acceptable tolerated relatively fast run to god knows what. Then I ask myself why did I try to get a W/P? For a few reasons that changed the gameplay in earlier mods.
1. nerf from static loot drops to random...more grinding
2. nerf to firewalls...slower grinding
3. lotto system in sorjek...more grinding
4. 1:10 devil scale drop rate...more grinding
5. etc etc etc

W/P was the solution to one and only one problem. LACK OF CONTENT! You changed the gameplay so that all we do is grind...you take away the things that make it easier to grind so we don't get so bored so fast...but still only one thing remains. NO CONTENT!

SO after I stop whining what could possibly be the solution:
-LOWER! the HPs on the mobs from GOD status to a level where DPS and fighting(not running) through a dungeon is feasible.
-Add new components to the crafting system...a plus to content... makes the grind feasible(one I would like to see Silver alchemy upgrade to weapons)
-increase the drop rate of various shroud ingredients(ex. scales)
-deconstruction of shroud items
-a pseudo-static drop in warded chest(I hate shut-outs).
-make the Sorjek ruins readable by creating a crafted item. Ruins should be identifiable.

I wouldn't need W/P at this point. I'd give them away and switch to my Min2's of Lightning2 rapiers...

Just a thought. I love this game and the players in it. My Argo buddies are the best bunch of misfits I know, but there's a point where enough is enough.

D

BlackSteel
04-07-2009, 06:49 AM
mob HP is only a real issue in two quests : Prey and SoS

one you can ignore 90% of the mobs, and the other is a mock raid. DPS has always been a viable alternative in all other content

boohoohoo I left out protectors in Hound and 'elite' devils, grow a SPINE those both show up in a raid where you have 11 buddies to help you kill it

Riggs
04-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Wops only became powerful when monsters started having thousands of hp.

I dont care what rationalization people want to make about 'cr' vs hit dice...a level 16-18 quest with 'level 16-18 monsters' shouldnt have 10x the hit points as players. Considering your not fighting 6 monsters with 5000 hp each, but 100-200 per quest.

No change neede to be made to wops - what needed to be changed was non-boss insane levels of hit points.

Minor_Threat
04-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Wops only became powerful when monsters started having thousands of hp.

I dont care what rationalization people want to make about 'cr' vs hit dice...a level 16-18 quest with 'level 16-18 monsters' shouldnt have 10x the hit points as players. Considering your not fighting 6 monsters with 5000 hp each, but 100-200 per quest.

No change neede to be made to wops - what needed to be changed was non-boss insane levels of hit points.

WoP was quite powerful, figure it's possible to have it at Lv8, run Stormcleave with a decent TWF build and compare it to that of a DPS'r of the same level.

Galacticus
04-08-2009, 06:41 AM
mob HP is only a real issue in two quests : Prey and SoS

one you can ignore 90% of the mobs, and the other is a mock raid. DPS has always been a viable alternative in all other content

boohoohoo I left out protectors in Hound and 'elite' devils, grow a SPINE those both show up in a raid where you have 11 buddies to help you kill it

I think you misuderstood the thread, but someone else posted a better response than I want to post.

Vivanto
04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Ehhm.

We're experimenting with different ways to make damage worthwhile again for both mundane classes and spellcasters.

Aspenor
04-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Ehhm.

If thousands of hit points are an attempt to do this, they need to re-think their ideas, because the ideas suck. In fact, the thousands of hit points on non boss monsters effectively eliminated damage as a worthwhile option. Poor planning.

Vivanto
04-08-2009, 06:53 AM
If thousands of hit points are an attempt to do this, they need to re-think their ideas, because the ideas suck. In fact, the thousands of hit points on non boss monsters effectively eliminated damage as a worthwhile option. Poor planning.

You see a date on that quote? At least wait and see how the average mobs are in new content.

Aspenor
04-08-2009, 06:55 AM
You see a date on that quote? At least wait and see how the average mobs are in new content.

Yeah, it's within a couple months, meaning before mod 9 and after mod 8. In other words, Mod 8 was a half ass attempt to make damage matter without even really thinking about how the players would respond.

Vivanto
04-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Heh? It's about 4 months after the launch of mod8, plain and simple. Unless you totally lost your sense of time it is very unlikely you can change something that happened in the past.
And they even mentioned way back that a different team was working on mod 9 when m8 launched, their goals and priorities could easily be totally different and had no effect on eachother.

And as I already mentioned, why don't you just wait and see for yourself firsthand? You can enjoy your wops till that.

Geonis
04-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Yeah, it's within a couple months, meaning before mod 9 and after mod 8. In other words, Mod 8 was a half ass attempt to make damage matter without even really thinking about how the players would respond.

Dude, we get it, you're crying in another thread, but don't attempt to put a false date to a quote so it matches your doom and gloom prophecy. What I suggest is you wait and see what MOD 9 brings, of course if you have a bunch of WoP, well, then the price just took a huge tumble....... :eek: