PDA

View Full Version : New named loot!

RavenStormclaw
04-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Everybody has jumped on the changes to w/p and such but just wanted to point out I find it very interesting that new named loots has been added to: Dreams of Insanity, And the Dead Shall rise, the whole Threnal series and the Necropolis. Seems there's reason to run them again. I wonder what they will be? Also I find the new korthos robe and the new robe in catacombs interesting...adding +1 and +2 to caster level for first level spells....i see the duality robe being in high demand....add 3rd level can cast 5th level niacs....let the good loot role!

Kistilan
04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I noticed these but I wanted to continue watching the rain fall on Camp WoP.

You're right -- new loots are addicting attactions.

+X Holy Avenger *coughs*

Kawiki
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
We get new named loot in every mod. Nothing new and really not all that exciting.

BlackSteel
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
i'm really excited for the addtions to both of those quests: insanity and dead shall rise.

both are very well done quests, and a blast to run. But the difficulty for the level and experience/reward for way out of whack. interesting rare items to both of these would make them very desirable.

BlackSteel
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
We get new named loot in every mod. Nothing new and really not all that exciting.

ran the desert in the past few mods?

Auran82
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
And making bound loot from lower level quest chains Bind on Account is nice too.

Kawiki
04-06-2009, 10:28 PM
ran the desert in the past few mods?

Yeah, I've also been on the grind for shroud and DT "named" Items. Did ya really think we'd see no new grind loot in the new mod????? :rolleyes:

BlackSteel
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
hows that different from anything else? other mmo's included

either crafting & collecting ingredients
rare drop chance
random selection
or split among the party for dibs

or a collection of any or all of the above

Kawiki
04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
hows that different from anything else? other mmo's included

either crafting & collecting ingredients
rare drop chance
random selection
or split among the party for dibs

or a collection of any or all of the above

Ummm... Exactly. My point is, its nothing NEW.

RavenStormclaw
04-06-2009, 10:35 PM

Yeah but not usually retroactive to some very old quest chains. Could be some very nice items in there. You can't argue that the robes are not very exciting. +1 and then +2 to your caster level. This is actually a good change. I test all of my new creations via soloing korthos. Give me a very good idea of their performace. Casters have a hard time soloing korthos especially misery's peak becasue of low damage vs high number of mobs at once. Having +1 to caster level will really help and hey who doesn't want their 3rd level sorc thowing 3 magic missles instead of 2....duality robes will help you there. Actually from a low level standpoint there is now a reason to run the catacombs!

RavenStormclaw
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I noticed these but I wanted to continue watching the rain fall on Camp WoP.

You're right -- new loots are addicting attactions.

+X Holy Avenger *coughs*

Yeah read thru several of those thread decided not to get involved and moved on. What's done is done. Decided to focus on the positives like the new loot in lower level quests, the robes, and oh yea the spellcasting enhancing pots clickes everyone sells cause what the hey is 30 seconds gonna do ya.....now 3 mintues.....bet those clickie items are now worth something.

Tharagrim
04-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Over the course of the module there is a ton of new loot to be found in Module 9.

In overview, there are 32 new named items in the capped dungeons with an additional 32 pieces of named loot in Raid Content.

Raid loot while having its own inherent properties, can be augmented to further customize it to your character.

Additionally, there have been changes and updates to loot in a number of locations including:

The Black Abbot
Dead Shall Rise
Dreams of Insanity
... and others!

Shyver
04-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Over the course of the module there is a ton of new loot to be found in Module 9.

In overview, there are 32 new named items in the capped dungeons with an additional 32 pieces of named loot in the Raid itself.

The raid loot while having its own inherent properties, can be augmented to further customize it to your character.

Additionally, there have been changes and updates to loot in a number of locations including:

The Black Abbot
Dead Shall Rise
Dreams of Insanity
... and others!

So we're only getting one raid with the new content?

Quanefel
04-07-2009, 11:14 AM

In overview, there are 32 new named items in the capped dungeons with an additional 32 pieces of named loot in the Raid itself.

The raid loot while having its own inherent properties, can be augmented to further customize it to your character.

The Black Abbot
Dead Shall Rise
Dreams of Insanity
... and others!

32 new named loot and 32 peice of named loot in the raid itself? I can't be the only one excited about this. Thanks for the new info Tharagrim!!! :D

moorewr
04-07-2009, 11:17 AM

Not to parse too much here.. are you saying there is only one raid in mod 9, or just that one raid is included in the places you find these items?

SableShadow
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM

The Black Abbot
Dead Shall Rise
Dreams of Insanity
... and others!

w00t! tyvm! :)

However, I don't think the Doom Llama will ride off into the sunset until folks have a chance to go and explore the new Mod 9 features...the nerfs are very visible, but the really cool stuff that Mod 9 brings isn't as apparent until folks go in and tinker.

Hopefully, once we get in there and look around a little, this guy will go away:

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/theluckyjosh/mod%209/doom_llama.jpg?t=1239121011

Borror0
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Wow! That's... quite something.

Do you mean that the 32 pieces from the raid can be further customized?

The Black Abbot
Dead Shall Rise
Dreams of Insanity

Ok. That's just beyond cruel.

sirgog
04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
32 new named loot and 32 peice of named loot in the raid itself? I can't be the only one excited about this. Thanks for the new info Tharagrim!!! :D

Looking forward most of all to the 32 named items in the level 20 quests...

Unlike Meridia quests, there'll be a reason to rerun them!

Borror0
04-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Theoretically, there is two since the Abbot may be playable again. Plus, they used "raid zone" which is what they used to describe the Shroud.

Tharagrim
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Do you mean that the 32 pieces from the raid can be further customized?

Yes indeed!

Borror0
04-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes indeed!
Yikes. Nice.

moorewr
04-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Theoretically, there is two since the Abbot may be playable again.

I can't agree with that statement. It will be nice to have it fixed, but it wont be new.

Borror0
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
I can't agree with that statement. It will be nice to have it fixed, but it wont be new.
Since you never ran it, it will be like if they added a second.

The efforts to make it playable again were probably equivalent to the ones put in creating Vision of Destruction (of course that's pure speculation).

Quanefel
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Looking forward most of all to the 32 named items in the level 20 quests...

Unlike Meridia quests, there'll be a reason to rerun them!

I agree! Ugh....mod 9 can't come quick enough. :P

sirgog
04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes indeed!

Hmm, so this sounds something like:

Step 1: Loot a set of "Rediron Bracers" - which are named +6 AC bracers (pretty crappy)

Step 2: Choose a modifier to put on said bracers, apply some sort of crafting ritual to do so (e.g. you might get "+2 Competence Bonus to Melee Attack Damage, applies only when wielding one weapon").

Step 3: Choose a second modifier, this one being quite a bit harder to apply (e.g. Improved Potency IX). Apply it via another ritual.

Step 4: Pick your nose. If you eat it, turn off any webcam first.

Step 5: Equip your brand-spanking-new +6 AC +2 melee damage Imp Pot 9 bracers, and hope like hell that you've designed a toon that can use such a weird item combo (such as an evasion battle cleric)

moorewr
04-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Since you never ran it, it will be like if they added a second.

The efforts to make it playable again were probably equivalent to the ones put in creating Vision of Destruction (of course that's pure speculation).

I never ran it? Tell that to my repair bills... :confused:

I know how much effort was involved. That doesn't make it new.

Borror0
04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I never ran it? Tell that to my repair bills...
Never completed it, then.

While it is not new per say, it will be more raid to run. Hence why I said it will be like if they added a second raid.

Angelus_dead
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Dead Shall Rise
Dreams of Insanity
You won't remember this because it was before you joined the project, but back when those quests were created I seriously suggested they needed named loot. I particularly stressed that DOI was supposed to be the sequel to Xorian Cipher, which was famous for providing unique named loot (including +2 AC and a Greater Heroism spell long before player wizards could learn it). If DOI had no named rewards, then it could hardly be said to be upholding that legacy.

(I also mentioned that DSR was very disappointing, because it had two puzzles- regarding sun gems and the phylactery- which had no real rewards or ways to win)

Anyway, I wrote lists of sample items appropriate to those quests, but which I can't really remember now. They included:
DOI- Dagger with Disintegrate effect on natural 20s
DOI- Axiomatic Anarchic Byeshk Khopesh of Lesser Abberation
DOI- Fearsome robe with Disintegrate-immunity and a 5% chance of casting Phantasmal Killer on melee attackers

DSR- Cloak with Fire Shield (cold)
DSR- +1 Light Mace of Greater Humanoid Bane (Elf, Dwarf, Orc, and all others)

smatt
04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I like this!

moorewr
04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Never completed it, then.

While it is not new per say, it will be more raid to run. Hence why I said it will be like if they added a second raid.

I am glad it is being revised. I agree it will be more playable content, but it isn't endgame unless there have been huge changes to the loot tables.

Nikorr123
04-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Theoretically, there is two since the Abbot may be playable again.

I don't understand this statement as I beat the abbot 2 times a week now. Is there something that is preventing you from running abbot?

Borror0
04-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Is there something that is preventing you from running abbot?
Do I really need to explain you why they are revamping the Abbot?

Big-Dex
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
do I Really Need To Explain You Why They Are Revamping The Abbot?

Rofl

Nikorr123
04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Do I really need to explain you why they are revamping the Abbot?

Unplayable indicates it cannot be done. It just irks me everytime someone posts that.

SimVerg
04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I am glad it is being revised. I agree it will be more playable content, but it isn't endgame unless there have been huge changes to the loot tables.

It already has good caster items. If they add relevant melee gear, the loot will be fine.

Borror0
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Unplayable indicates it cannot be done. It just irks me everytime someone posts that.
You should notice that gamers then to use hyperbolic expressions when talking about game mechanics. "Broken" being a common example.

Nikorr123
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Valid point.

Kawiki
04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Yes indeed!

Define Customized... In the shroud way where we know what we're putting on the item... or the DT way which is a big pile of random annoyance????

Gratch
04-07-2009, 12:52 PM

There's somewhere out there (edit: added quote below) that noted Mod 9 has one multipart raid (ala shroud). It's not another VoD or Hound simple one I'm guessing. Especially with so many raid items... though 6 of them are the +4 stat tomes...

Edit:

The Plane of Battle hosts a large wilderness, several dungeons, and a multi-part raid that pits players against a new Pit Fiend, General Horoth, and his spectral shadows, fiends that are feared by devil and mortal alike.

Eladrin
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
though 6 of them are the +4 stat tomes...
I wouldn't consider those really "named".

Awesome, perhaps, but not "named". ;)

totmacher
04-07-2009, 01:05 PM

when do oyu think +5s will drop? any speculation? :)))))

sephiroth1084
04-07-2009, 01:08 PM
I guess it's high time I finished getting Abbot flagged on my various characters...

The_Phenx
04-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Define Customized... In the shroud way where we know what we're putting on the item... or the DT way which is a big pile of random annoyance????

Caught you... BACK TO WORK SLACKER>>>>

Oh and answer his question please... :D

Gratch
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM

Hmmm... so Tharagrim said 32 pieces of named raid loot... and previous dev response said +4 tomes... so 38 total drops from the new raid? That's a lot for one chest... so is this a "forked" raid... kind of like Litany of the Dead? Different paths to different ending chests? That would be cool (and grindy). :D

Or are there unbound +4 tomes??? or only from the 20th??? :?

kingfisher
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM

In overview, there are 32 new named items in the capped dungeons with an additional 32 pieces of named loot in Raid Content.

Raid loot while having its own inherent properties, can be augmented to further customize it to your character.

The Black Abbot
Dead Shall Rise
Dreams of Insanity
... and others!

this is the kind of **** that should be listed at the very top of the release notes, not mentioned in passing in a random thread. *** turbine, this is really cool, whoever the hell is responsible for not running this out to the forumites needs some lessons in both advertising and damage control. you knew the tranny and wop changes would be flamed heavily, have you not heard of giving the good with the bad to take peoples mind off the latter?

modifiable named loot? as long as the modifications are not totally random then, w0000000000000t!

RavenStormclaw
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
this is the kind of **** that should be listed at the very top of the release notes, not mentioned in passing in a random thread. *** turbine, this is really cool, whoever the hell is responsible for not running this out to the forumites needs some lessons in both advertising and damage control. you knew the tranny and wop changes would be flamed heavily, have you not heard of giving the good with the bad to take peoples mind off the latter?

modifiable named loot? as long as the modifications are not totally random then, w0000000000000t!

Your welcome King for my thread, even unintentially, ferreting this out:D

Riorik
04-07-2009, 02:55 PM

Looks like the wording was changed to be "Raid Content".
32 items sounds like far too much for a single raid anyways - sounds like 2 or even 3 (8 or 12 items each plus the 6 possible tomes)

Hadrian
04-07-2009, 04:45 PM
It's possible that it is organized as one raid yet not a single quest.

BlackSteel
04-07-2009, 06:15 PM

OR you could simply just read the notes yourself instead

kingfisher
04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
OR you could simply just read the notes yourself instead

i read them, did i miss where it says the new loot is customizable? it seemed like everyone else in this thread was surpirsed at that post too. you must have had your wf super-insight-eye-enhancements going huh?

Gunga
04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
i read them, did i miss where it says the new loot is customizable? it seemed like everyone else in this thread was surpirsed at that post too. you must have had your wf super-insight-eye-enhancements going huh?

No. I read it too, when I scanned the WoT.

die
04-09-2009, 12:58 PM
lol i love those quest ya ty turbine:)~