PDA

View Full Version : Toggled weapon visual effects

Draccus
04-06-2009, 08:45 AM
I love my Radiance II rapier. I love it so much that I'll be making a second this week. However, as a sneaky assassin, it just doesn't look "right" for me to be stealthing around with flaming blade in my hand.

But I love the look of the rapier when swimming or climbing a ladder. The billowing flames are gone but the blade still glows like lava.

It would be consistent with some fantasy lore that the visual effect could be toggled on and off by the user so I'd like to see a similar toggle. "/showweaponeffects on" would be a simple command similar to /showhelmet.

I wouldn't doubt if turning off these effects would also help people with slower graphics cards.

Uska
04-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I love my Radiance II rapier. I love it so much that I'll be making a second this week. However, as a sneaky assassin, it just doesn't look "right" for me to be stealthing around with flaming blade in my hand.

But I love the look of the rapier when swimming or climbing a ladder. The billowing flames are gone but the blade still glows like lava.

It would be consistent with some fantasy lore that the visual effect could be toggled on and off by the user so I'd like to see a similar toggle. "/showweaponeffects on" would be a simple command similar to /showhelmet.

I wouldn't doubt if turning off these effects would also help people with slower graphics cards.

I could go for that if it turned off the extra damage on the weapon as well

Draccus
04-06-2009, 09:21 AM

Does "/showhelmet off" remove the effects of your helmet?

Uska
04-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Does "/showhelmet off" remove the effects of your helmet?

Hey I hate that one to if you dont want the effect to show dont use the item any thing else is rancid cheese.

Aspenor
04-06-2009, 09:51 AM

This makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. Do you even think about what you say before you hit "send?"

vtecfiend99
04-06-2009, 09:53 AM
This makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. Do you even think about what you say before you hit "send?"

Shakes Magic8Ball... "Very doubtful"

And there you have it.