PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Bard Songs?

Maelkith
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Okay, if naming mobs is too hard, how about maintaining local *.wav files so that bards can play their own special songs? Need a power buff -- how about a little Zeppelin? That would be way cool! I would love to play a Devo Bard!

crosscowy
04-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah would be interesting, just more songs for the other songs a bard can play would be a step in the right direction.
Theres plenty of visual change inthe game, not enough audio change.

Song of the dead, song of the makers, virtuosos: enthrallment, warchanter song, spellsingers song

all of those need some individual songs of a style which fits the effect.

branmakmuffin
04-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Okay, if naming mobs is too hard, how about maintaining local *.wav files so that bards can play their own special songs? Need a power buff -- how about a little Zeppelin? That would be way cool! I would love to play a Devo Bard!
If they were local files, only you would hear it.

I'd prefer to give Bards a choice of tunes for each in-game song type.

Doomcrew
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
It'd be great if each different bard song had a different tune, or file.
Even more better, from an immersion standpoint would be to have each
race of the bard play different instruments. Yes, I know, time sink for the
devs but it would have been good from the get go.

Cheers

Quanefel
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
More songs to pick from would be good. Maybe even magical bard instruments as well we find as loot in chests....

Doomcrew
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Flute of Vermin charming.......
Drums of intimidation.....or maybe bagpipes
just some thoughts

Cheers

crosscowy
04-30-2009, 08:24 AM
it shouldnt be that hard to make some new songs, they could even just play excerpt wav files of some music.

Optimistic_Guardian
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Yeah would be interesting, just more songs for the other songs a bard can play would be a step in the right direction.
Theres plenty of visual change inthe game, not enough audio change.

Song of the dead, song of the makers, virtuosos: enthrallment, warchanter song, spellsingers song

all of those need some individual songs of a style which fits the effect.

I think that would be the simplest thing they can do a special song for each type of specialty bard. Set them apart from the regular bards.

Tharlak
04-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Diverse selection of tunes

Magical Instruments

/signed.

dpeters911
09-14-2009, 04:39 AM
That'd be a great idea but...

someone would start playing Nickelback and cause a total raid wipe.

Uska
09-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Only if you could use period songs get little enough imersion with out some clown playing some rap or something almost as horrible as that.

Zippo
09-14-2009, 05:46 AM
This has been brought up many time before unfortunately though I don't recall ever getting a solid answer from turbine in regards to it. However I would love to be able to see this.

Falco_Easts
09-14-2009, 11:08 PM

Would be even better if you used it to fascinate a kobold and they sit there waving their firepot over their head like a little lighter.

Deinarious
11-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Another idea regarding this would be creating a sort of in-game scripting language to allow for the creation of your own custom bardic music, very much like composing your own scores and such.

I don't know how to get that far into detail regarding this idea, but it's doable. I've seen one other MMO out there with this sort of custom bard music, so with the right coding, it's doable. It would be of some sentiment as well on the RP servers as well.

Think about it.

And speaking of adding a *.wav for custom music, you could also allow players who are inclined to do so to replace the in-game music with their own collection, but of course this would be some sort of client-sided modification, as uploading a crapton of music to the server just to do something like that would be a perfect waste of space. An added bonus to this is that people would be able to listen to the DDO music on their MP3 players, iPods or whatnot.