PDA

View Full Version : Important Information about the March 30-31 Datacenter Move

Patience
03-31-2009, 02:11 PM
On behalf of the entire staff at Turbine we would like to thank you for your patience while we completed our recent datacenter move. Taking Asheron's Call, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and several of our websites to a new home was an incredibly complex and demanding task -one that we undertook in an effort to improve the quality of the service we provide to our customers. The move is now complete and was successful. All systems are now up and running in their new home!

While the move was planned and scheduled well in advance, the nature of this kind of effort means that things sometimes take longer than anticipated. Despite the best efforts of the teams who worked through the day and night, we ran into issues that significantly extended the amount of time the services were unavailable.

As a thank you for your patience during this process, we will extend all active and currently paid Asheron's Call and DDO subscriptions by one day on or before May 1, 2009*. Additionally, both DDO and AC will offer the following special activities this weekend as an extra thank you from us:

Asheron's Call
Bonus rare drops!
+25% bonus XP

Dungeons & Dragons Online
+25% XP
+1 bonus to loot
A special in-game item when Mod 9 launches!

As always, we remain focused on providing the best possible service to our subscribers and are looking forward to an improved level of reliability and performance from our new datacenter!

Thanks again and we’ll see you soon in Stormreach and Dereth!

*To qualify for the 1 day subscription extension players must have had an active subscription as of 3/31/2009 and the subscription must be active on the date we apply the credit. Accounts which are inactive on the credit date will not be extended.

Anastasios
03-31-2009, 02:13 PM
As a thank you for your patience during this process, we will extend all active and currently paid Asheron's Call and DDO subscriptions by one day on or before May 1, 2009*. Additionally, both DDO and AC will offer the following special activities this weekend as an extra thank you from us:

Asheron's Call
Bonus rare drops!
bonus XP (amount TBD)

+25% XP
+1 bonus to loot

As always, we remain focused on providing the best possible service to our subscribers and are looking forward to an improved level of reliability and performance from our new datacenter!

*To qualify for the 1 day subscription extension players must have had an active subscription as of 3/31/2009 and the subscription must be active on the date we apply the credit. Accounts which are inactive on the credit date will not be extended.

Sounds like we know that Mod 9 will be after May 1st...thank me later for the dirty work...

rimble
03-31-2009, 02:14 PM
But...but...I'm busy this weekend...

Hey, wouldn't it be neat to hand out XP Tokens? Give them some expiration period (like a month, a couple weeks) and each player could start the bonus period at their convenience (tokens disappear after expiration date)...that's brilliant. Don't steal it, I'm gonna trademark it. You can license the idea from me.

DelScorcho
Very nice, but this doesn't fufill your promise to give us Mod 9 news ... :D

Hafeal
A special item ... hmmm ... now that I can't wait to see.

What will it be? Let the guessing begin! :D

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Sounds like we know that Mod 9 will be after May 1st...thank me later for the dirty work...

I graduate SERE on May 1st. That's awesome!!! :) Nothing like playing DDO after being severely beaten in a mock-up of pow camp. Thank-you for giving some light at the end of a dark tunnel ahead of me.

maddmatt70
03-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Shrug, Mod 9?

Kistilan

A Tusker Chew Toy. :D

Wait, that's for Asheron's Call... oops! (My vassals called me this because I pretty much fed them my limbs every second for 5 months straight)

ArkoHighStar

I think you are confusing the xtra day on our account with the bonuses which are for this weekend only, if we had the bonuses all the way to May 1st, I too woudl have come to the same conclusion

Beherit_Baphomar
If the lag is fixed then we'll be happy enough with that...

Aspenor
03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
If the lag is fixed then we'll be happy enough with that...

Speak for yourself. I demand a War Pony.

Alavatar
03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Doh! This weekend is my First Year Anniversary weekend. I will most likely be busy and won't be able to take advantage of the bonus XP.

Oh, well. At least life is still good. ;)

Beherit_Baphomar
03-31-2009, 02:19 PM

Fix lag and get some help for Asp....if you do those two things I'll be happy...

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 02:20 PM

I thought you already had a War Pony? :confused:

Baron
03-31-2009, 02:20 PM
War elephant, yeah, with a cool red cape, and a.....drinking cup..... and.....:rolleyes:

Hafeal
03-31-2009, 02:23 PM

Wait, that's for Asheron's Call... oops! (My vassals called me this because I pretty much fed them my limbs every second for 5 months straight)

LOL.

I think we all know what the only pony is that you'll be getting. :p

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 02:24 PM
War elephant, yeah, with a cool red cape, and a.....drinking cup..... and.....:rolleyes:

Wait! no! I already have those!! STOP!!!!! :eek:

Anastasios
03-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I think you are confusing the xtra day on our account with the bonuses which are for this weekend only, if we had the bonuses all the way to May 1st, I too woudl have come to the same conclusion

What makes you think they want to give hand outs for those who are canceled until Mod 9 releases...sure you have to be a properly billed customer by Mar 31, but suffice to say I would think they would offer no freebies and wouldn't keep track of that after the new Mod hits...which I will say is in May...May 13th, why not...

I would think they would isolate their numbers after the new Mod hits for business reasons, otherwise they wouldn't have even given a date to begin with...

I could careless about the 73 cents...my initial argument was to get loot in that aspect...heck if they extended the xp from 1 day to 3 days then I would say they can keep my 73 cents...just my honest opinion...but hey, every penny counts nowadays I suppose.

Pallol_One-Eye
03-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Looks like I picked the right time to roll my lowbie cleric.:D

Hopefully I can get him to lvl 8 this weekend, that would indeed be awesome.

Chazzie
03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Very Nice !!! Thank You ,Thank You !!!

and Im Free this Weekend for once for a XP Weekend.... =)

Yurtrus
03-31-2009, 02:28 PM
When does this ( WEEKEND ) officially start? Is it Friday or just the actual Sat and Sun for the +25 and the +1? Please advise so I can make plans.. thanks

RazorrX
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the bonus weekend as well as the 1 day credit. :)

Yaga_Nub
03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Fix lag and get some help for Asp....if you do those two things I'll be happy...

Fix lag, get some help for Asp and get B to sit a different way when he's in his kilt.... if you do those three things, I'll be happy.

ArkoHighStar
03-31-2009, 02:33 PM
What makes you think they want to give hand outs for those who are canceled until Mod 9 releases...sure you have to be a properly billed customer by Mar 31, but suffice to say I would think they would offer no freebies and wouldn't keep track of that after the new Mod hits...which I will say is in May...May 13th, why not...

I would think they would isolate their numbers after the new Mod hits for business reasons, otherwise they wouldn't have even given a date to begin with...

I could careless about the 73 cents...my initial argument was to get loot in that aspect...heck if they extended the xp from 1 day to 3 days then I would say they can keep my 73 cents...just my honest opinion...but hey, every penny counts nowadays I suppose.

I see where you are coming from, I read all the date mumbo jumbo only affecting the extra day, you are also looking at the free in game item as well only being available to people subscribed as of yesterday. That will be interesting to see

Slink
03-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes, thank you very much for the freebies.

There were hints earlier about Mod 9 stuff, I won't say where. Don't intend to start any kind of hooplaaa.

If what I heard is true, Module 9 will be here before May.

Wrustle
03-31-2009, 02:49 PM

+2 Tome (Cake of the Djinn)

I bet

DelScorcho
03-31-2009, 02:50 PM

I bet

Super cake!

thatguy
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM

May 1 is fine but hopefully its before May 10 when my account runs out. No mod 9 by then I am gone.

Akhad_Durn
03-31-2009, 03:11 PM

I think this has more to do with billing cycles, than with the mod release date.

query
03-31-2009, 03:12 PM
The cake is a lie!

(Well, actually that reference goes back to a usergroup peddling......terms and conditions bar me from speaking further.)

As for the thanks and credit, I thank YOU ALL at Turbine for the great work on this move and the information given on escapist and here (when possible of course.) Well done everybody!
Bluntly, this lag would have been a game ender for me, so it is with great relief I shall look forward to mod 9 and having my subscription renew in April.

And since I get my CA-Los Angeles Counseling Certification this Friday after our Luncheon and Keynote speeches, I consider this a SECOND party to look forward to :)

Get Mod 9 running, fix monks' handwraps so ALL are available (including greensteel in the future) and stop overpowering the ranger, especially at capstone level, and you've just solved all of my concerns so I can play without any worry.

No, you don't have to do it by Mod 9, but please look over those things and see if they can be fairly balanced with other classes in a similar style of fighting (melee, support, ranged etc.)

Thank you and good job on the move and the information.

As for all your sorcs and fire-specced wizzies:

"HEH HEH HEH HEH, LET'S BURN SOMETHING!"
(Homage to Patience.)

adm5893
03-31-2009, 03:18 PM
I would like my Blood Stone.

Thank you.

ChromeIce01
03-31-2009, 03:18 PM
May 1 is fine but hopefully its before May 10 when my account runs out. No mod 9 by then I am gone.

Bye

Thrudh
03-31-2009, 03:29 PM

Hopefully it's May 11 then

Handi_Smith
03-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Telling someone...BYE. Can't we all just get along?? :(

Mockduck
03-31-2009, 03:33 PM
This rules! I for one had a pretty good idea that the data center move wasn't a morning-and-afternoon-long affair. I fully expected to not play on Monday and am totally fine with how long it took. Thanks for the extra xp and loot!

Tenkari_Rozahas
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM

free +5 tome on every character >>

doubtful, probably be something like a slice of Cake >>

jmonty
03-31-2009, 03:45 PM
I graduate SERE on May 1st. That's awesome!!! :) Nothing like playing DDO after being severely beaten in a mock-up of pow camp. Thank-you for giving some light at the end of a dark tunnel ahead of me.

oh cool. are you gonna be a pilot? :D

redraider
03-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I want bonus rare drops!!!!

Icy rainments for all!!!

Put back the drop rates to the same rate as the first week of Mod8!

Create a few new and special items for the weekend. Make elite shrouds, hounds, and VoDs drop +4 tomes!

Come on Devs. This is what was missing from the loot weekends for teh anniversary. Give us something new and special to covet! :)

Oh, forget any new graphics, use some existing graphics with new names and abilites so this could be easy to do.

Aerniel
03-31-2009, 03:53 PM

ooh! a variant of the BRASS BEAVER!!! +3 to luck ftw??!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Aerniel
03-31-2009, 03:56 PM

I bet

if that happened they need to make it stack... :D +2 perma inherent bonus that stacks with a tome and dtouched/shroud inherent bonus!!! yummmmm......

Puby
03-31-2009, 03:58 PM
But...but...I'm busy this weekend...

Hey, wouldn't it be neat to hand out XP Tokens? Give them some expiration period (like a month, a couple weeks) and each player could start the bonus period at their convenience (tokens disappear after expiration date)...that's brilliant. Don't steal it, I'm gonna trademark it. You can license the idea from me.

Sounds good im busy all this week to weekend so this sounds like an awesome idea.

RadicalFlower
03-31-2009, 03:59 PM
TY TY TY~!!!! cant wait till the weekend YAY!!!! and the Extra day TYTYTY...

. Beggers cant be Choosers i always say!!!!...

CANT wait for the mod to come out .. it will be AWESOME!!.. I am so sticking it out i dont care if it is at the end of frecking may.. THIS GAME ROCKS!!!! haha :D

cdbd3rd
03-31-2009, 04:01 PM

Djinni Coin.

;)

Pyromaniac
03-31-2009, 04:01 PM
If its a lag improvement, I've got no complaints however long it took.

I'd personally like the Tinfoil Hat for the special item...

DasLurch
03-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't know what to make of ANOTHER xp weekend. I've already rolled up 2 new characters from the previous 2. All the loot does is make ya a little extra plat. The extra day is something that SHOULD be expected when you pay for a service and that service is cut off for a whole day. I'm glad that the folks at Turbine were smart enough to do that. I know it's only like 70 cents a day, but that was at least professional of them to do it as fast as they did.

The real question is when can we HOPE to see this mythical "Mod 9"? That's really what everyone should be asking.

Uska
03-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Excellent I am very glad of this as this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for, to bad I cant really take advantage of the xp:( but the bonus day for the account the item no matter what it is, well thats plenty for me.

DasLurch
03-31-2009, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=query;2119562]Get Mod 9 running, fix monks' handwraps so ALL are available (including greensteel in the future) and stop overpowering the ranger, especially at capstone level, and you've just solved all of my concerns so I can play without any worry.
QUOTE]

The Mod 9 thing, yes I totally agree.

Handwraps getting fixed would be nice.

There is NO problem with Rangers OR the PROPOSED capstone. The problem is with some of the other classes (Rogues perhaps?) being so poorly planned out and having such poor build options (ummmm Rogues? ), that some other classes (Rogues leap to the front of my mind again) look so auful COMPARED to one of the few classes that the gang at Turbine have gotten right. I'm glad that you are concerned about balance issues in the game, but I for one would really like it if everyone would look at the ones that seem to really need some focus.

And once the lag is fixed, we can all play without worry. In the meantime, I'm completely happy to let Rangers drag my Rogue around when they need something. Goodness knows I do the same thing when playing my Ranger, Bards, or Sorcerer.

Lifeblood
03-31-2009, 04:23 PM
DDO will offer the following special activities this weekend as an extra thank you from us:

Am I reading this correctly? mod 9 is this weekend

+25% XP....This weekend?
+1 bonus to loot....This weekend?
A special in-game item when Mod 9 launches!...This Weekend?

Just had to ask

Dhinhador
03-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Well worth the wait, IMHO

TYVM Turbine for the hard work you folks continue on our behalf!

Ranmaru2
03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh god..not another xp weekend. Yet another period of time where a bunch of ill equipped characters will be swarming to the shroud and making pugs hell to deal with....STOP IT WITH THE XP JUST GIVE US THE F***ING MOD!

Furysetzer
03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
On behalf of the entire staff at Turbine we would like to thank you for your patience while we completed our recent datacenter move. Taking Asheron's Call, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and several of our websites to a new home was an incredibly complex and demanding task -one that we undertook in an effort to improve the quality of the service we provide to our customers. The move is now complete and was successful. All systems are now up and running in their new home!

While the move was planned and scheduled well in advance, the nature of this kind of effort means that things sometimes take longer than anticipated. Despite the best efforts of the teams who worked through the day and night, we ran into issues that significantly extended the amount of time the services were unavailable.

Asheron's Call
Bonus rare drops!
+25% bonus XP

+25% XP
+1 bonus to loot

Dear Patience,

That was certainly a long wait! Although I understand, and appreciate the efforts.

I am trying to get my wife in the game. She's currently on a trial account. Is there any way to give her a free day as well?

Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Addictedtoddo

POeT
03-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Groovy =), much appreciated! Thank you for improving our quality of life in StormReach =)

Asheron's Call
Bonus rare drops!
+25% bonus XP

+25% XP
+1 bonus to loot

Stormanne
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM

A keycode to start playing LoTRo since there is no Mod 9...

thespankster
03-31-2009, 05:30 PM
balancing the gameplay of ddo quite possibly is the most daunting challenge any developers of software has ever taken. alot of classes have special abilities unrelated to combat(or dealing damage more specifically). monks can leap across giant gorges, rogues can pick locks, clerics keep you alive... asking that every class be balanced requires more thank just stating. 'classes should be balanced.' every class (and most builds) have an integral part in all (or most) groups. realize this, and if you want a character that hits hard build a tempest or a barbarian, you want a character that doesnt get hit build a tank, you want a character every party wants build a cleric. and remember ddo is based on dungeons and dragons, and ive never seen a dnd party without a fighter, ranger, rogue, caster, and cleric. only 5.there leaves one more spot for non-raid groups and 7 more for raids. so get your bard, barbarian, extra healer, or that guy who put 2 lvls of every class in his build just to laugh. but remember the game may not be balanced to your liking. but i say the devs did a hell of a job taking a game 30 years in the making and created a very good representation of it that runs incredibly well.

sasha1
03-31-2009, 05:56 PM
:confused::confused:As of now there is still no release date to mod 9, and not too much talk about it. Why can’t you guys just give us some more info that’s all most of us are looking for. Most of us are beta players, have been here since creation and release pay a lot of good money to play the game but we still don’t hear anything. Out of consideration of the members who have delt with all the issues with the servers who don’t really complain about much and who are sticking in with ddo with all the ongoing problems, I feel that the respect of filling us in would be greatly appreciated. This out of any +1 loot or 25% ex most us can NOT use due to Capped toons which is a waste to us really isn’t worth the knowledge of us know that one thing and that’s the release date to Mod 9. So please start giving most of us Simple but patient people what we have been really waiting for and that’s a positive release date:rolleyes:

smatt
03-31-2009, 06:02 PM

With ARMOR please! :D

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
oh cool. are you gonna be a pilot? :D

lol No. I just got swopped from B-52 Radar Navigator to C-130 Navigator. I'll be applying to UPT in 2 years providing I don't mess up and drop some cargo on Aspenor's House. :rolleyes:;):D (How else am I gonna get him his War Pony?)

ooh! a variant of the BRASS BEAVER!!! +3 to luck ftw??!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dubba Teee Efff????!? I've *never* heard of that. Can you expound? lol It sounds.... different. :o

Drekisen
Thank u very much for this for this nice little treat. No sarcasm here from me, I sincerly appreciate u giving us this for the unexpected downtime.

Now what I was wondering, is if the downtime was off by a few hours and we get this bonus......and Mod 9 release is off by a few months.....well u do the math...hehe :D

Seriously tho, TY :)

Magada
yes!!! more xp for charcater slots i dont have.....YES!!!! more plus 1 random loot on chests that are obselete.UMMM FIX the LAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Pwesiela
03-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Why oh why do you always do this on weekends where I have a massive assignment (big brief this time) due on the Monday following!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! ?

Now I have to work like a plow horse to get it done early.....:(:(:(

Ki_Draken_Magus
03-31-2009, 06:31 PM
I would like my Blood Stone.

Thank you.

You and me both!

poonce
03-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Yea this is cool and all but i think that people should be able to pick the days that they want to run with the Extra Xp and Loot, not everyone can work around Turbines set days for these things. we should be able to log in and click on some kind of Button to activate the loot and xp bonus so noone will miss out. after activasionit will give your account the bonuses for 48 hours.

It wouldnt hurt anyone but it will definatly help alot of people.

Comfortably
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Just Give Us Mod9 Already To Make Up For It!!

Jendrak
03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Figures i'd male plans for all weekend when there is good xp to be had....oh well.

Besides, even DDO can't compare to drunken festivities in a hot tub :)

Lorichie
03-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Figures i'd male plans for all weekend when there is good xp to be had....oh well.

Besides, even DDO can't compare to drunken festivities in a hot tub :)

"male plans"
"Drunken festivities in a hot tub"

err, ah, see you next week then :p

R

Dymond
03-31-2009, 07:11 PM
yes!!! more xp for charcater slots i dont have.....YES!!!! more plus 1 random loot on chests that are obselete.UMMM FIX the LAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
UM isn't that the reason they moved the datacenter? I'm thinking maybe you missed that part.

Drfirewater79
03-31-2009, 07:13 PM
chances are its a cool looking helm that you will never wear if you actually care about your stats. Or a weapon that is complete trash compared to what you will get in the new chests .... prolly a +! daggar of luck +2 luck bonus to saves or something similarly pointless ... special items that are just given away like this are usually ****.

i am just glad that they are giving us the day back that is worth more to me then the +1 loot and the special item maybe i will use the time to level my cleric or new tank.

goofydad
03-31-2009, 07:17 PM
I has queshun!
Will the item be given to all of ur characters created before release?

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 07:20 PM
I has queshun!
Will the item be given to all of ur characters created before release?

My sources say yes.

goofydad
03-31-2009, 07:26 PM
+2 Tome (cake Of The Djinn)

I Bet

Steroid Cake~!

goofydad
03-31-2009, 07:27 PM
My sources say yes.

Thx :D

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Thx :D

Thank the Maker of Information. ;) Moi! (That's French, for Me)

goofydad
03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Thank the Maker of Information. ;) Moi! (That's French, for Me)

Je parler un petite francais

All Hail the maker of information! *bows before you*

I hope it's not an item that's entirely trivial to gameplay..I hope it's something actually good in other words lol
Maybe it'll be one of those masks they gave out in trivia a while ago.. those were relatively cool

Onekife
03-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Thank-you Turbine!
Not often are we "reimbursed" for down time or inconvenience,
As for Mod 9,yea,i'm impatient too but i appreciate the gift

goofydad
03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
As for Mod 9,yea,i'm impatient too but i appreciate the gift
Agreed :)

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Je parler un petite francaisAll Hail the maker of information! *bows before you*I hope it's not an item that's entirely trivial to gameplay..I hope it's something actually good in other words lolMaybe it'll be one of those masks they gave out in trivia a while ago.. those were relatively coolMerci beaucoup. Je sais trucs de DDO.

goofydad
03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
"Merci beaucoup. Je sais trucs de DDO."
Thank you very much. I know of DDO?

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
"Merci beaucoup. Je sais trucs de DDO."
Thank you very much. I know of DDO?

Close enough, ouais.

goofydad
03-31-2009, 07:46 PM
lol :D
Maybe the item will be a portable rest shrine

Onekife
03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh god..not another xp weekend. Yet another period of time where a bunch of ill equipped characters will be swarming to the shroud and making pugs hell to deal with....

Agreed,too many poorly equiped/trained people spoiling raids they are'nt prepaired for

VonBek
03-31-2009, 09:23 PM

I have one. It's vorpal. You should get one, too...

And on a serious note, welcome back DDO servers, with a /salute to net-ops for successfully herding all the cats into the Habitrails. .... :eek:

Vendra
03-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Thank you very much and now let your engineers sleep :) (speaking as an engineer, those 24 hour shifts are always rough)

Hambo
03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes, thank you very much for the freebies.

There were hints earlier about Mod 9 stuff, I won't say where. Don't intend to start any kind of hooplaaa.

If what I heard is true, Module 9 will be here before May.

Screenshot or it didn't happen :D

Hambo
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
If its a lag improvement, I've got no complaints however long it took.

I'd personally like the Tinfoil Hat for the special item...

I'll take both the tinfoil hat and the undergarments of the same material.

Got my own 12volt battery... Instant Berzerker!!! :D

Edit: Since most of my alts are Halfling I'd better make that a 9volt battery...

Sweetsoul86
03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
The lag is worse now....and now the game keeps shutting down on me.....nooooo *whimper* all I want for Christmas is a lag free game >.> ok so it's nowhere near christmas...not the point.

I appreciate the loot, xp etc. but being booted from the game at least once every couple of hours and lagging to the point of death at least 1 out of 3 quests is making this girl very very sad, I'd blame my computer but she's new and awesome and I've tried other computers...they do the same thing :'(

baddax
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Can we get some GnR Patience playing for some mood music to this thread? i think it would be most appropriate. :D

Thornfeld
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Hmm bonus item?.......

Probably a figurine of the old data center 1/day cast CR20 Lag Monster:eek:

Atleast that would be fitting.:D

Lanthum
04-01-2009, 02:15 AM
I suppose Turbine thought it would be nice to give out another bonus weekend ... but their timing isn't always beneficial for everyone. Like others have said - it would be much better if you could give out a token or clickie that each account holder could activate when they have time to use it. I know I can't be the only one who was looking forward to playing Monday night and couldn't ... and is busy this upcoming weekend. As a matter of fact, I have never been able to take advantage of any bonus weekend due to scheduling conflicts.

Please Turbine, realize things like this really inconvenience some of your customers - and that we all can't run on Turbine time for our reimbursements. Especially when the downtime/loss occurred on our time.

apacheizm23
04-01-2009, 07:47 AM
So I'm good for the next 6 months and a "day" Grazia..:cool:

Inspire
04-01-2009, 08:54 AM

An in game character slot?!

Chiapet
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
I suppose Turbine thought it would be nice to give out another bonus weekend ... but their timing isn't always beneficial for everyone. Like others have said - it would be much better if you could give out a token or clickie that each account holder could activate when they have time to use it. I know I can't be the only one who was looking forward to playing Monday night and couldn't ... and is busy this upcoming weekend. As a matter of fact, I have never been able to take advantage of any bonus weekend due to scheduling conflicts.

Please Turbine, realize things like this really inconvenience some of your customers - and that we all can't run on Turbine time for our reimbursements. Especially when the downtime/loss occurred on our time.

Let me get this straight.....you want EVERYONE to do things around YOUR schedule? Are you kidding? Are you high? Are you stoned out of your mind? Are you drunk? How can you even think about asking EVERYONE else to schedule things around your schedule? Have you ever heard of the saying "The needs of the FEW out-weigh the needs of the ONE." I mean this with the highest level of respect that I can have for someone as selfish as yourself.....GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

I want to say THANK YOU to Turbine for all their hard work in making this Datacenter move go as well as it did. I also appreciate the upcoming weekend. I have to work part of the weekend, but I will be gaming the rest of it. I am personally looking forward to MOD 9 & the surprise that you have in store for us. I still have the same question that everyone has......when does the bonus weekend offically start? Thanks again Turbine.

Hawke12
04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I find myself in agreement with many folks on this thread, I work midnights PST and find it extremely unfair that I have to choose between sleep (which means less productivity at work and less pay) and trying to recoup a lost day and a half that I have spent my hard earned pennies on (which I understand and appreciate as a field service computer tech for over 20 years) or not getting anything at all for the down time. *shakes head sadly* A one day credit is nice and thoughtful, but, since if I add all the down time and DC's over the last 15 months as a paid member it equals way more than one day ... Well you do the math.
I am not actually complaining btw, I am merely pointing out that an option as to which days someone would prefer to have thier XP and loot bonus to hit might be much more apropiate.

With profound respect and applause,

I remain Hawke12
(to many toons to name)

Hyalite
04-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Whoever came up with the idea for the djinn cake deserves a raise. I did not know how much I missed it until I did not get one this anniversary. anyway that is what I want as my - could not play on Monday or Tuesday morning so I activated a free 10 day subscription to WOW and was very dismayed - free gift.

woundead85
04-01-2009, 09:45 AM
How about getting maybe some t-shirt of the game or something like that? candy-canes are cool, but I'm more of an outside-world person. Would be nice to get some of the very cheap, but very cool stuff :)

szalkerous
04-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Let me get this straight.....you want EVERYONE to do things around YOUR schedule? Are you kidding? Are you high? Are you stoned out of your mind? Are you drunk? How can you even think about asking EVERYONE else to schedule things around your schedule? Have you ever heard of the saying "The needs of the FEW out-weigh the needs of the ONE." I mean this with the highest level of respect that I can have for someone as selfish as yourself.....GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should read the post closer before you decide to absurdly flame someone.

The idea was to distribute bonus XP as a clickie so people could all take advantage.

Good job.

Aztek
04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Maybe you should read the post closer before you decide to absurdly flame someone.

The idea was to distribute bonus XP as a clickie so people could all take advantage.

Good job.

The clicky or even a temporary item or something like a raid timer (once you talk to Jester, you get 48 hours out-of-game extra loot/XP) would be good ideas.

Then again, perhaps this is not easily programmable in the current game and if so, while a great idea, they should instead focus on Mod 9 and beyond. I mean overall we've probably missed 4 full days of *possible* gaming due to unplanned downtime in the past few years. I'm glad they are trying to make up for the downtime but if they can't do it in this format... Suck it up: <semi joking> play outside, go work out, learn to cook, buy some new underwear (tattered rags do NOT count, I'm told...), catch up on those e-mails to friends you keep putting off or painting the garage. Read a book. Learn to play guitar. Go on a date. DDO will be here when you get back (we hope!).</semi-joking>

Side note:
That all said (supporting the idea behind the original posts), the original poster did ask about the clicky but then focused on himself (*I* can never play on the bonus loot / XP weekends) so the response flame was not completely absurd. Even though the poster's idea would benefit the player base at large, his motivation for it was all about me, me, me. :) Anyway, even if the post was off base I still have to get my chia-butt guildie's back. so take this as you will. :) maybe with many grains of salt.

Lanthum
04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
the original poster did ask about the clicky but then focused on himself ... so the response flame was not completely absurd ... his motivation for it was all about me, me, me. :)

Yes, there was some personal motivation behind my request, but that shouldn't be flamebait! After all, most of the other posters focused on themselves as well and I don't see them getting flames. I made the suggestion because I feel it would be a huge benefit for the entire community, not just myself! Read the post again, I even stated I believe I'm not the only one feeling like I do (based on a few of the other posts).

And yes, Chiapet's response WAS absurd. I don't want anyone to run on my time. But my time is as important as everyone elses (from my point of view of course :) ). My request isn't for them to stop the bonus weekend until I can play. My request isn't for them to ask me when would be best. My request is for them to make a way that a reimbursement like this can be beneficial to EVERYONE, not just for the people who are available during this limited time.

BronwynnBane
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
If so, can someone please point me in the right direction? And No, the Art does not count!

Edit: Oooppps had too many screens open and put this in the wrong thread, sorry about that!

Minatos
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM

I want to say THANK YOU to Turbine for all their hard work in making this Datacenter move go as well as it did. I also appreciate the upcoming weekend. I have to work part of the weekend, but I will be gaming the rest of it. I am personally looking forward to MOD 9 & the surprise that you have in store for us. I still have the same question that everyone has......when does the bonus weekend offically start? Thanks again Turbine.

Though I may agree with you... I find this to be uncalled for. I am sure that the person will have suffered enough with people knowing he was/is selfish. But you want to also insult your-self. *sorry to hear that* I've learned if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Though I must say... a trinket of sorts in mod 9 or 10 for +10% xp would be pretty cool! ;)

Onekife
04-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Good job.

yes-i've played other games that give a potion that gives you a set amount of exp for a set amount of time,- to be used at the players convenience

Melthus
04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
if that happened they need to make it stack... :D +2 perma inherent bonus that stacks with a tome and dtouched/shroud inherent bonus!!! yummmmm......

That would be nice. I really hated it when I found out the hard way that the +1 cake didn't stack with tomes.

Delacroix21
04-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Any chance we can bump that bonus XP to 50% after today? :D

Stormanne
04-02-2009, 10:02 PM
At this point guys, I think you ought to just shut the whole game down. It seems that no matter what you do, how hard you try, or how much work you put into to DDO, you're just not going to win with the vocal people here. All they tend to do is **** and moan and do their best to **** in your cheerios. They are so goddamned unhappy here. It's to the point that I dread coming to the ****ing forums because of all the *****ing from these people who need to learn that running these games isn't exactly easy. No, instead they want their instant gratification. So I say **** em all, shut the game down, send those that are interested an invite to LoTRo and be done with the whole affair...

studentx
04-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I got to admit google's autopilot stunt was much more amusing.

:(