PDA

View Full Version : The Mayhem continues! Our fans have lifted us to the Great 8!

Tarrant
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
It was a hard fight against Bethesda but our fans pulled out an upset! Only three rounds remain and the stakes are even higher! We’re facing Valve, our toughest challenge yet, in the Great 8! It’s a battle of the first(Turbine) and second(Valve) seeds! The race is tight, with Turbine holding only 50.1% of the vote at the moment. Show your support!

Head on over and vote for Turbine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournament/great8) in the Great 8! Registration (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/registration/) is quick, easy, and necessary. Hurry, round four ends tonight!

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 12:22 PM
2608 t0 2593 as of right now. Our slim lead. . . . let's rally the troops folks!

Quanefel
03-31-2009, 12:33 PM
We held in there the best we could, some of us need a nap now. Ran out of coffee for now too. lol

Go Turbine!!

Ustice
03-31-2009, 12:35 PM
2629 vs. 2603. It's still VERY close, but we're doing well. If we did that while the game and forums are down, hopefully we can pull it out tonight.

Steiner-Davion
03-31-2009, 12:35 PM
2630 Turbine vs. 2603 Valve. as of 1:35pm

Lets get voting people!!!

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Quan,

Thanks for all your hard work on the Escapist forums. I really enjoyed your posts.

Jarka
03-31-2009, 12:47 PM
BTW, this was posted on page 87:

"Oh who are the Turbine fans kidding? The Leigons of Nintendo fans will make Nintendo win. If Nintendo doesn't beat Turbine in the next round I will eat my own foot."

Will this stir up some blood to take 5 minutes to vote? :D

Also, Kudos to Q, Doc Who, and others of our more vocal, yet sane community, for representing Turbine so well :D

Edit: Turbine 2642: Valve 2617

Maxwell1380
03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
BTW, this was posted on page 87:

"Oh who are the Turbine fans kidding? The Leigons of Nintendo fans will make Nintendo win. If Nintendo doesn't beat Turbine in the next round I will eat my own foot."

Will this stir up some blood to take 5 minutes to vote? :D

Also, Kudos to Q, Doc Who, and others of our more vocal, yet sane community, for representing Turbine so well :D

Edit: Turbine 2642: Valve 2617

I hope there are videos when he eats his foot

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 12:57 PM
We are down to an 18 vote lead . . .

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 12:57 PM

Screenshot or he never does it. :rolleyes:

Deathseeker
03-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Consider a temporary change to your Guild's Message of the Day to remind everyone in your guild to vote!!!!!!!

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Good idea, Deathseeker . . . also post on guild web sites . . . every little bit helps. One vote could literally be the difference. It's that close.

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 01:12 PM
-yawn- morning going through the thread now.

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi DWF,
We have been keeping the good fight going. Thanks for all the work you did last night. Let's win this thing . . . and I hope you had a nice rest--you definitely deserved it.

Ustice
03-31-2009, 01:20 PM

Ewe... I don't want to see that. Something tells me that he will be eating his words though... :)

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
-yawn- morning going through the thread now.

It's epicly big, DocW. I had to skip 30 pages because they were posting faster than I could read and process anything. I didn't find too much to warrant replies or add laughter to, so I went to the end and was rewarded with things like demanding recounts and fishiness because we surged 25 votes ahead about 2 hours ago.

Here's an example ^_^

I demand a recount....
we need to examine every ballot to determine the "voter's intent"...
oh we need to examine the ballots in only the states of California, Washinton and Oregon, only... we won't need to examine any other ballots...

We also need voter assistance to the residents voting from the great state of Florida. It appears there may have been some confusion in how the vote works. ^_^ Many Valve voters intended on voting only once, but submitted numerous votes due to misinterpretation of the voting instructions. Likewise, Turbine voters appear to have checked 1/8" below their candidate due to a formatting error, which unwittingly threw a vote to Atari, who has up until now done little to no publicity or marketing of their current platform in the March Mayhem 2009 Race.

Example Florida Ballot:
Instructions: "X once on adjacent line for one vote to your candidate of choice"

Valve: __X__X__X__X__ Steam: ______________
Turbine: ______________
Atari: _____X________

Riorik
03-31-2009, 01:28 PM
So what's our module news item for the week?

akla_thornfist
03-31-2009, 01:30 PM
So what's our module news item for the week?

not sure but patience said big news was coming on mod 9 in the escapist forums this morning:D

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
They Locked The Thread!!

Quanefel
03-31-2009, 01:33 PM
They Locked The Thread!!

I just saw that.....

Wrustle
03-31-2009, 01:34 PM
It was a hard fight against Bethesda but our fans pulled out an upset! Only three rounds remain and the stakes are even higher! We’re facing Valve, our toughest challenge yet, in the Great 8! It’s a battle of the first(Turbine) and second(Valve) seeds! The race is tight, with Turbine holding only 50.1% of the vote at the moment. Show your support!

Head on over and vote for Turbine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournament/great8) in the Great 8! Registration (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/registration/) is quick, easy, and necessary. Hurry, round four ends tonight!

Is the cheerleader thing really necessary Tarrant? I mean, if the Steam people hopped on their forums and pushed their player-base to vote on this thing, it would be over (in Valve's favor). Last I checked, there are something like 20+ million subscribers to Steam's website and 250,000+ players currently logged into their game(s). That being said, big freakin' deal... I am happy Turbine won last year and all that stuff. Blah, blah blah... I will shut up now.

Oxvon
03-31-2009, 01:36 PM
not sure but patience said big news was coming on mod 9 in the escapist forums this morning:D

I'll second that, I saw it with my own eyes! o O

Purgatory
03-31-2009, 01:36 PM
It's funny over there they think DDO is just like WOW they are missing out so much.

The_Phenx
03-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Lol they had to lock the thread...

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Lol they had to lock the thread...

rotflmao

Oh lord... at least I can go back to being an officer in the air force. The popcorn has ended.

akla_thornfist
03-31-2009, 01:44 PM
They Locked The Thread!!

theres alot of bickering going on and some of it is because of a few from here, i wish people could just vote and not flame the trolls. one guy who is not aloud to post on ddo forums anymore is starting **** over there his name well i wont say but most know who he is.

cardmj1
03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
This thread is being locked until further notice, you will still be able to vote

We are locking this thread to take care of some accounts that have been plaguing the integrity of this contest and The Escapist itself. Where you are welcome to have opinions, people's bad attitudes and mindless bickering is not what The Escapist is about. At the beginning of this thread, I mentioned this is a safe haven for all and that people would be asked to leave who did not follow that simple statement. The rabid nature of some of our new visitors AND long time Escapist members makes me sick.
This thread will be reopened once we feel the trouble makers have been taken care of. Voting is still open even though comments are locked.
To all those who have come here to take part of a fun event, please understand that this is odd behavior indeed and hope you will stick around to become part of our community.
My Apologies,
Spinwhiz (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Spinwhiz)

report (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/report/375.103903.1647064)

Alright Tolero, who sent Cubie to the Escapist? It was just getting good! Dang, I guess I will just go to the Khyber threads.;)

Tolero
03-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Mwuhahah I am so proud of our players ^^ (http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=3555402&postcount=63) Go team go!

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Mwuhahah I am so proud of our players ^^ (http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=3555402&postcount=63)Go team go!

THAT is kind of awesome. :)

Of course we could spin it & say LOTRO gamers are too busy levelling and playing MoM. *coughs* "Paid-For Expansion please!"

DelScorcho
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Mwuhahah I am so proud of our players ^^ (http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=3555402&postcount=63) Go team go!

Nice signature. I suggest you snap and give us an early preview :D

Tolero
03-31-2009, 02:25 PM

Bah I have fine tuned my willpower to the task of being keeper of release notes, for...*hic* the *hic*...*wrreeeecchhhhhHold Monster, Mass Level: Sor/Wiz 9 Effect: Casts Hold Monster on multiple targets. Affected enemies become paralyzed and can take no actions for a maximum of 6 seconds per caster level. The enemy may attempt to make a new Will save every 3 seconds. Eternal Wands of Acid Splash, Finger of Fire, Magic Missile, and Cure Minor Wounds now have 50 maximum charges and recharge over time when not actively being fired. They also have faster cooldowns than normal wands (1 second for the 0th level spells, 2 seconds for Magic Missile).cough hack sputter* eew, sorry about that, Release Note hairball. Anyway, I have fine tuned my willpower to the task of being keeper of release notes, for they must be closely guarded and savored.

Drider
03-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Bah I have fine tuned my willpower to the task of being keeper of release notes, for...*hic* the *hic*...*wrreeeecchhhhhHold Monster, Mass Level: Sor/Wiz 9 Effect: Casts Hold Monster on multiple targets. Affected enemies become paralyzed and can take no actions for a maximum of 6 seconds per caster level. The enemy may attempt to make a new Will save every 3 seconds. Eternal Wands of Acid Splash, Finger of Fire, Magic Missile, and Cure Minor Wounds now have 50 maximum charges and recharge over time when not actively being fired. They also have faster cooldowns than normal wands (1 second for the 0th level spells, 2 seconds for Magic Missile).cough hack sputter* eew, sorry about that, Release Note hairball. Anyway, I have fine tuned my willpower to the task of being keeper of release notes, for they must be closely guarded and savored.

lol nice. :D

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
lol nice. :D

We need a mailing address to get Tolero sauced up more often! ;)

Drider
03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
We need a mailing address to get Tolero sauced up more often! ;)

We need a Vodka IV STAT!

Rog
03-31-2009, 02:33 PM

hold monster mass will be a nice spell in a mind fog will a cursesweping light repeater. i take it you want to play the next mod and enjoy debugging it. i hope with this server shift the new servers can handle mod 9 so we can join you in the fun very wise to wait for mod 9 till you got a system that can handle it nothing makes a player madder than a new mod that is nothing but a lag feast. by the way we are up now by 30 fight the flamers go vote

Anastasios
03-31-2009, 02:34 PM

I knew I should have never gotten rid of that wand....coz while those monsters are held I know exactly now what I could do with those wands should I have kept them...

By your new sig I would guess that you are either a closet Mudvayne fan, or that we have finally gotten to you and you are going crazy...Forums, it's what to do until May 13th...maybe.

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 02:37 PM
We are WINNING!!!!

North Standings
Match 1: (1) Turbine vs (2) Valve
(1) Turbine: 2757 | 2733 :(2) Valve

query
03-31-2009, 02:37 PM
as stated in another thread, I could not vote on principle until the lag issue was addressed and fixed.

That done....

I looked at the development for that YEAR of the companies and found Valve VERY lacking. Turbine easily got my votes, but beware the other side of the board!

Oh, and as stated on page one of the (now locked) thread: I'm DEMANDING all those cute fuzzy things be slaughtered IMMEDIATELY and fed to our warforged who eat them, bunnies, butterflies, etc.

MUHUHAHAHAHAHA!

PS, Tolero, when are you going to play with me? :) Edit: Make that Tipsy Tempest with me? :D

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 02:38 PM

We annoyed sapience and Meghan all nite for updates. Send them a thank you for that, will ya?

~Bandage
By your new sig I would guess that you are either a closet Mudvayne fan, or that we have finally gotten to you and you are going crazy...Forums, it's what to do until May 13th...maybe.

Perhaps a Stephen King fan? I'm pretty sure The Shining was around before Mudvayne... :P

Oxvon

isn't that almost a line from a mudvayne song? Her sig that is...

edit: got it, never mind, I'm slow

Anastasios
03-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Perhaps a Stephen King fan? I'm pretty sure The Shining was around before Mudvayne... :P

Well, I did throw in the crazy bit after the mudvayne bit...I've done my share fair of reading ya know. Oh well, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 02:40 PM
North Standings
(1) Turbine: 2764 | 2743 :(2) Valve

RazorrX
03-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Did ya notice that Valve had some votes taken away recently as well?

And they were calling us Cheaters.

Steiner-Davion
03-31-2009, 02:43 PM
As of 3:43pm

(1) Turbine: 2766 | 2750 :(2) Valve

We are slipping guys and gals!!!!

query
03-31-2009, 02:44 PM
I can accept defeat but NOT to Valve...they haven't made anything decent in 2008 AT ALL!

(Somebody on the now locked board compared it to a big pile of....sadly /agree)

North Standings
(1) Turbine: 2764 | 2743 :(2) Valve

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Spinwhiz on the locked thread:

doctorwhofan:
To the Mods...

Re: Round 4 Turbine vs. Valve thread

Thank You.

Spinwhiz:

You are welcome :) It will be open again once we've gone through and ejected the mean people :)

Indrn_Fretgoop
03-31-2009, 02:47 PM
I can accept defeat but NOT to Valve...they haven't made anything decent in 2008 AT ALL!

Hmm i dunno I still play left 4 dead!

Thrudh
03-31-2009, 02:53 PM

Umm.. Left 4 Dead???

(Spent all Monday night playing that while DDO was done... it's an awesome game).

Still, Turbine got my vote.

RazorrX
03-31-2009, 02:57 PM
I played Jade Empire to get my kung fu fix. :)

Vuedoo
03-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Time to Rally the Numbers all

(1) Turbine vs (2) Valve
(1) Turbine
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/media/images/spacer.gif
50.1% (2815)(2) Valve
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/media/images/spacer.gif
49.9% (2808)

Don't Let These Barrel jumping enhanced version of donkey kong lovin mudders put us down. Oop that was meant for nintendo next round. But Still We Deserve this Win with Valve :)

Rally the Votes

Steiner-Davion
03-31-2009, 03:37 PM
As of 4:36, we are only up by 6 Votes!!!!

(1) Turbine: 2830 | 2824 :(2) Valve

Steiner-Davion
03-31-2009, 03:38 PM
4:37

Match 1: (1) Turbine Vs (2) Valve
(1) Turbine: 2831 | 2828 :(2) Valve

3 Votes!!!!

Steiner-Davion
03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
As of 4:45pm

(1) Turbine: 2835 | 2835 : (2) Valve\

As of 4:46 :(

(1) Turbine: 2835 | 2836 : (2) Valve

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-31-2009, 03:49 PM
wow this is really close... I just cast my vote and its:

http://i43.tinypic.com/1z48sv4.png

Keep voting!

Garth

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Folks, we are now losing by ten. Let's drum up some more support!:).

Strakeln
03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
I accidentally voted for Valve.

I contacted The Escapist, they said they'd get back to me Soon™ about changing my vote.

Kalanth
03-31-2009, 04:30 PM

Just want to point this out, but generally when you are the higher seed it is not an upset to beat the lower seed. Otherwise, Viva la Turbine!

Boneyard
03-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Just want to point this out, but generally when you are the higher seed it is not an upset to beat the lower seed. Otherwise, Viva la Turbine!

I think its upset considering that nearly everyone from the escapist is voting against us...

latest update:

2930 - Turbine
2926 - Valve

get the word out to the people you are pugging with as well as guildies

Ttizz
03-31-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm not much for the popularity contests, but I am pulling for Turbine. Besides a large number of the posters on the escapists' forum shouldn't be posting during school:p. The adolescent FPS fanboy's should be more worried about their studies. I would like to believe that Turbine has a more mature following than Valve. Of course we have our flame wars, and some just do it for the fun *cough* *khyber*;) But I have yet to read a thread to where there was immature slander of another game or developer, because someone was too closed minded.

Rog
03-31-2009, 04:46 PM
) Turbine 50.1% (2954)
(2) Valve 49.9% (2937)

pulling ahead keep them votes coming

cdbd3rd
03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
) Turbine 50.1% (2954)
(2) Valve 49.9% (2937)

pulling ahead keep them votes coming

Ah, nice.
Was much closer last time I looked.

Keep em legit, folks. :)

Boneyard
03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
I love how the post DIRECTLY above Spinwhiz's lock down notice is a Turbine supporter being put on probabation for just saying "Turbine" while quoting the other supporters of Turbine and Valve. Talk about blatant favoritism

Vuedoo
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
I love how the post DIRECTLY above Spinwhiz's lock down notice is a Turbine supporter being put on probabation for just saying "Turbine" while quoting the other supporters of Turbine and Valve. Talk about blatant favoritism

He was on probation for a prior post as Follows but still

Sigmar Heldenhammer:
(http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/375.103903.1644423)

lerincho:
(http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/375.103903.1644414)

Sigmar Heldenhammer:
(http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/375.103903.1644394)

lerincho:
(http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/375.103903.1644335)again Sig, how do you want to quantify this argument. what means do you want to measure? number of games? number of units sold? active forum accounts? awards within industry? company recognition?
Indeed, and which company wins every category.
really, and your information comes from which valid source?
Did you seriously just ask that?
yes i want to see you quote, and cite a valid source considering all the misinformation you are providing on the forums.

Lorichie
03-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Up by 16!! Do not stop. We will gain votes tonight as everyone comes online and our overseas friends continue through early morning, but Valve's voters will mount a comeback tomorrow morning last few hours before cut off time.

Some of their voters are in school/ college/ young crowd so early morning, on the way to class is when they've gotten their biggest surge last couple rounds. We need at least a hundred point buffer or we could find ourselves biting fingernails, (even if not our own) early in the morning. Do not take a small lead for granted. Squash em like a bug!!!

R

Rendigar
03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Voted. It's nasty over there.

lethal413
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
its not just nasty on their forums...

I had a LFM up earlier to vote and i got flooded with these tells

(Tell): T***** tells you, 'LOOOOOOOOOOOL vote for turbine.... for anything... your out your freakin mind.
(Tell): T***** tells you, 'gotta love you brown nosers.. btw hows that smell'

(Tell): M******** tells you, 'why should anyone vote? Nothing in it for us, besides all the REAL game developers player base too busy playing their games to vote, so it's not a fair poll'

Turbine i regret to inform you....... Apparently you dont make REAL games......

HAHAHAHAHA
gotta love haters that can't quit cause they love the game too much :)
TURBINE FTW

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Turbine i regret to inform you....... Apparently you dont make REAL games......

HAHAHAHAHA
gotta love haters that can't quit cause they love the game too much :)
TURBINE FTW

The first step in realizing you're addicted to something is admitting you have a problem, right? :p

Bindox
03-31-2009, 06:28 PM
its not just nasty on their forums...

I had a LFM up earlier to vote and i got flooded with these tells

(Tell): T***** tells you, 'LOOOOOOOOOOOL vote for turbine.... for anything... your out your freakin mind.
(Tell): T***** tells you, 'gotta love you brown nosers.. btw hows that smell'

(Tell): M******** tells you, 'why should anyone vote? Nothing in it for us, besides all the REAL game developers player base too busy playing their games to vote, so it's not a fair poll'

Did you promptly tell them that they must not believe in their own sniveling or they would they would BE SOMEWHERE ELSE where all the 'problems' don't exist?

Turbine should have a standard response to random whining that has no basis in reality: "Hey, since you know how to do it better than us (Turbine™), go make your own game. And then you can stop VOLUNTARILY PAYING US FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF PLAYING OURS. Have a Coke™ and a smile and shut the heck up!"

You can quote me, Turbine™.

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.104143?page=1

Here is another cool DDO thread on Escapist. Please share your insights & your votes. This kind of word-of-mouth advertising can really help this great game.

Jendrak
03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
(1) Turbine 50.2% (3137)
(2) Valve 49.8% (3107)

Well, we are winning but its really close. We have a much better turnout than in the last rounds but we are still gonna need more to beat valve.

Lorichie
03-31-2009, 07:18 PM
(1) Turbine 50.2% (3137)
(2) Valve 49.8% (3107)

Well, we are winning but its really close. We have a much better turnout than in the last rounds but we are still gonna need more to beat valve.

We need to be ahead by 100+ by six am tomorrow morning est, Valve voters will cut into our lead starting then until closing time at 9 am. They have done so last couple rounds, and even 100 will be close i think, school and college kids logging on to check on comp.

imo anyhow,

R

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 07:21 PM
We need to be ahead by 100+ by six am tomorrow morning est, Valve voters will cut into our lead starting then until closing time at 9 am. They have done so last couple rounds, and even 100 will be close i think, school and college kids logging on to check on comp.

imo anyhow,

R

I agree Lor. We do tend to gain during the late night hours . . . I just hope we gain enough to weather their early morning swarm. Also, I have really enjoyed your posts on Escapist. Thanks for being a good ambassador there.

Lorichie
03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree Lor. We do tend to gain during the late night hours . . . I just hope we gain enough to weather their early morning swarm. Also, I have really enjoyed your posts on Escapist. Thanks for being a good ambassador there.

Thx, less of an ambassador and more of a level headed influence, or at least trying to be. There's so much hate and vitriol over there, i just thought i'd spend couple hours just relaying my thoughts and opinions, as irrelevant as they are.

If i can get only one person to give the game a try, i'd have done what i set out to do. and if that someone stays and becomes a perm part of this community then i will have exceeded what i set out to do.

R

Jendrak
03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
I actually got suspended when that genius suggested valve players start cheating because i quoted him and said "Please do :) I would enjoy a come back win like happend between Blizzard and Relic". Apperantly, that was promoting cheating. I thought I was pokeing fun at what happens when people cheat.

But I made my case and got probation :)

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 07:31 PM
I actually got suspended when that genius suggested valve players start cheating because i quoted him and said "Please do :) I would enjoy a come back win like happend between Blizzard and Relic". Apperantly, that was promoting cheating. I thought I was pokeing fun at what happens when people cheat.

But I made my case and got probation :)

I remember reading that one! :p You had me in stitches. :)

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 07:50 PM
(1) Turbine: 3186 | 3152 : (2) Valve

Jendrak
03-31-2009, 07:54 PM
I remember reading that one! :p You had me in stitches. :)

Well at least somebody thought it was funny:D

I was scared i had just screwed my self out of voteing in the next roud:eek:

DoctorWhofan
03-31-2009, 08:28 PM
(1) Turbine: 3221 | 3187 : (2) Valve

In the lead but not by much.

Jendrak
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
(1) Turbine 50.1% (3297)
(2) Valve 49.9% (3279)

And that lead has dwindled down some more.....come on guys get in there and vote.

I would vote again but that would hurt mroe than help :D

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 10:40 PM
We are down by 3. Help DDOers! We need you.

UnderwearModel
03-31-2009, 11:06 PM
When I just checked.

I thought DDO players were the night owls and the Half life players had to go to bed because it is a school night.

I think they said it closes at 9 AM EST or was it 10 AM EST? Or was it 8 AM EST?

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
When I just checked.

I thought DDO players were the night owls and the Half life players had to go to bed because it is a school night.

I think they said it closes at 9 AM EST or was it 10 AM EST? Or was it 8 AM EST?

9 AM Eastern.

Arkat
03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Evidently polls close at 9:00 AM EDT.

Jarka
03-31-2009, 11:08 PM
(1) Turbine 50% (3362)
(2) Valve 50% (3362)

Let's get over there and vote :D

Quanefel
03-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Look what they are saying about us at Steam....

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825250&page=13

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
We are slipping! Does anyone have an AC account? I know someone is working on rousing the LOTRO folks now. We need all the help we can get.

Juni
03-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Just checked Turbine down by 4 we need more votes

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 11:25 PM
We are back up by one, but STEAM is calling in reinforcements. Please let your in game guildies know about the vote if they don't check the forums.

Jendrak
03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
I been harassing my guildees and everyone of my friends to go vote if they haven't.

ohhh i just had an idea......gonna put an LFM up reminding everyone to vote on Ghallanda. If the devs put it in the launcher there shouldn't be a problem with this :)

I'll find out the hard way:D

Kistilan
03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
I been harassing my guildees and everyone of my friends to go vote if they haven't.

ohhh i just had an idea......gonna put an LFM up reminding everyone to vote on Ghallanda. If the devs put it in the launcher there shouldn't be a problem with this :)

I'll find out the hard way:D

I did this earlier without an issue on Argonnessen. It will only become an issue if a heap of people do it. If you have 1 well-known character with an LFM, people respond. We picked up about 50 votes off Argonnessen earlier this way.

Reporting back from LOTRO Forums -- their forums are a huge jungle, but they have several frantic threads including 1 with over 4,000 views concerning Round 4 at EscapistMagazine. LOTRO is with us.

I could reactivate my AC account, but I'd rather not... :o If someone else has an active AC account, that would be swell if you could go to each server and use the server-wide chat to encourage voting.

As a former AC player I can attest they likely don't read their forums. What they DO read is Warcry and Stratics.

Quanefel
03-31-2009, 11:42 PM
I talked to a few Europe DDO/LotrO players earlier today, they said they were going to get some votes sent our way. I hope they can pull through. Anyone know if DDO Japan is still around? If so, can anyone write in Japanese and get over on their forums? :P

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 11:43 PM
I did this earlier without an issue on Argonnessen. It will only become an issue if a heap of people do it. If you have 1 well-known character with an LFM, people respond. We picked up about 50 votes off Argonnessen earlier this way.

Reporting back from LOTRO Forums -- their forums are a huge jungle, but they have several frantic threads including 1 with over 4,000 views concerning Round 4 at EscapistMagazine. LOTRO is with us.

I could reactivate my AC account, but I'd rather not... :o If someone else has an active AC account, that would be swell if you could go to each server and use the server-wide chat to encourage voting.

As a former AC player I can attest they likely don't read their forums. What they DO read is Warcry and Stratics.

Thanks for the update--you are the man--going to the servers to try to rally more support.

Jendrak
03-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Don't know about Japan but DDO KOREA still has a good group over here. I'll hit them up and see what they can do if anything

Quanefel
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Don't know about Japan but DDO KOREA still has a good group over here. I'll hit them up and see what they can do if anything

Good deal, make sure to warn them about making multiple accounts. Not saying anyone would be we need to make sure to not get our votes discounted. Let the Valve fans do that, they will get caught and only make us look better.

Ghirmeshk
03-31-2009, 11:50 PM

Good call, Jendrak. Our Korean pop is awesome. I'm sure they will help.

Kistilan
04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Good call, Jendrak. Our Korean pop is awesome. I'm sure they will help.

I'll offer them my cat for their vote. :D

http://www.relicsofthelastwar.net/images/TruthKitten.jpg

Jendrak
04-01-2009, 12:30 AM
We'll i got the word out to our korean brethren...now we juat have to wait and see what happens.

Also, think im just gonna leave the lfm up all night and hope i dont get booted while i sleep :D

cardmj1
04-01-2009, 01:33 AM
3502 Turbine
3504 Valve

Please vote, voting ends at 9 am est.

Murderface
04-01-2009, 01:41 AM
(1) Turbine: 3510 | 3510 (2) Valve

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9542764&postcount=189

I voted 3 votes in front as of 5am uk time.

i also read this in steam i say they should be disqualified!!!

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 01:47 AM
(1) Turbine: 3510 | 3510 (2) Valve

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9542764&postcount=189

I voted 3 votes in front as of 5am uk time.

i also read this in steam i say they should be disqualified!!!

Don't be so suprised. I have been keeping up with their forum. Many of them have already admitted to making mutiple accounts to vote for Valve. Now, if they actually get caught doing it is another matter. I doubt all of them doing that will be caught, sadly.

DelverRootnose
04-01-2009, 02:20 AM
3540 each I think

Ghirmeshk
04-01-2009, 02:39 AM
We are up by four. Great work everyone. Keep getting the word out. We will need every vote we can get to win this one!

lastprophet
04-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Have to say its pretty ****ed up that they needed to lock the forum in the escapist because bloggers were getting so vitriolic it was making the moderators sick.
It seems our DDO Forum (hmmm mainly Khyber to be truthful) drama/cancer is spreading!
Not sure if that makes me sad or sickly proud....

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 02:57 AM
Have to say its pretty ****ed up that they needed to lock the forum in the escapist because bloggers were getting so vitriolic it was making the moderators sick.
It seems our DDO Forum (hmmm mainly Khyber to be truthful) drama/cancer is spreading!
Not sure if that makes me sad or sickly proud....

They should learn some self control to have avoided getting themselves suspended/banned like alot of them did when they went off on Turbine fans. ;)

Ghirmeshk
04-01-2009, 02:58 AM
3560 Us 3557 Them

Ghirmeshk
04-01-2009, 03:04 AM
3563 all . . . this is ridiculously close for 7000+ votes. It is an epic battle, and last I checked, we should be winning those!

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 03:11 AM
3563 all . . . this is ridiculously close for 7000+ votes. It is an epic battle, and last I checked, we should be winning those!

For sure, this is a very close battle. We get ahead and moments later they are tied with Turbine again. Sure hope we can pull ahead much further than it is now.

Ghirmeshk
04-01-2009, 03:13 AM
For sure, this is a very close battle. We get ahead and moments later they are tied with Turbine again. Sure hope we can pull ahead much further than it is now.

I know the LOTRO troops are now rallied, as I have seen them posting on the Escapist boards. I wish we had someone with an AC account to rally those folks. They have been with Turbine for a decade, I'd imagine they'd come out in force!

InfidelofHaLL
04-01-2009, 03:22 AM
mmm valve :)

Juni
04-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Turbine 3599
Valve 3584

Keep it up guys.

Ghirmeshk
04-01-2009, 04:12 AM
Turbine 3599
Valve 3584

Keep it up guys.

Nice. I hope we can do a victory lap in the morning.

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 04:14 AM
Nice. I hope we can do a victory lap in the morning.

Turbine has taken about a 10 vote lead right now, not sure how long that will last.

Lorichie
04-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Turbine has taken about a 10 vote lead right now, not sure how long that will last.

judging by what time it is, not very....imo

R

DoctorWhofan
04-01-2009, 05:16 AM
If we stay even with them, I think we will see us come out as winners. I, too havwe watch the steam thread and Escapist seems to be very good at catching the cheaters-Just look at the Blizzard/Relic Fight. Afterthe polls closed, they dropped like 400 points total.

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Valve is starting to retake the lead again.

Jarka
04-01-2009, 05:59 AM
(1) Turbine vs (2) Valve
(1) Turbine 50% (3653)
(2) Valve 50% (3654)

This is soooooooo close

UnderwearModel
04-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Relic players do not mind cheating. My 11 year old does that.

Will gladly call the other person a cheater if they do not get their way. My 11 year old and 16 year old do that.

Will call the other person a bunch of bad names. My 16 year old does that, if I did not monitor his FACEBOOK page and yell at him and take away his cell phone, he might just grow up to be a relic player.

Relic players sound like pre-teenage or young teenagers to me. Not the bunch of people I would like to play or converse with. I have two of those at home now.

I need my game for escapism, not reality.

3655 Valve
3654 Turbine

I predict cheating is going on.

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 06:05 AM
Relic players do not mind cheating. My 11 year old does that.

Will gladly call the other person a cheater if they do not get their way. My 11 year old and 16 year old do that.

Will call the other person a bunch of bad names. My 16 year old does that, if I did not monitor his FACEBOOK page and yell at him and take away his cell phone, he might just grow up to be a relic player.

Relic players sound like pre-teenage or young teenagers to me. Not the bunch of people I would like to play or converse with. I have two of those at home now.

I need my game for escapism, not reality.

3655 Valve
3654 Turbine

I predict cheating is going on.

Agreed. Also, kids do not often have the foresight to avoid getting caught doing such things. So any cheating they might have done on the Valve side, I doubt it will go unnoticed by the mods over there.

Hammerdrop
04-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Come on folks, DDO is only trailing Valve by 4 votes atm....let's vote!

Jarka
04-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Well, there are a couple LFM's up on Sarlona. I reflected the contest in my guild's motd. Just have to wait and see the outcome in a couple hours.

Regardless of the outcome, it was a well fought battle i think. Plus, DDO may get some new subs in the next week or so :D

Lorichie
04-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Less than two hours left folks, jump on your servers and rock the lfm for as long as you can, this is the time when valve kicks it in, if we dont kick it in now, that five point lead is gonna get bigger.

R

Shaamis
04-01-2009, 06:13 AM
vote for Turbine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournament/great8)

Lorichie
04-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Well, there are a couple LFM's up on Sarlona. I reflected the contest in my guild's motd. Just have to wait and see the outcome in a couple hours.

Regardless of the outcome, it was a well fought battle i think. Plus, DDO may get some new subs in the next week or so :D

As i and others have said, even if we lose the vote count, we've won in others ways that make it worthwhile, i hate losing at all tho lol

R

Jarka
04-01-2009, 06:20 AM
As i and others have said, even if we lose the vote count, we've won in others ways that make it worthwhile, i hate losing at all tho lol

R

Aye, agreed.

Just got a couple more guildy's to vote...."1 ping only!" in the immortal words of sean connery :)

ThrasherGT
04-01-2009, 06:28 AM
7:27 et

3 vote lead for Us!

Go Turbine!!!!!!!!

ThrasherGT
04-01-2009, 06:35 AM
7:35

6 Vote lead!

Jarka
04-01-2009, 06:54 AM
hmm there are from about 4500~4800 total votes cast in each of the other 3 divisions.

North division will cross 7400 total votes soon.

and we're up by 1.

VonBek
04-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Where did they get their pink pony theme?!?!?

http://static.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/cskins/ponyjam.png

It makes a great wallpaper.

Jarka
04-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Get out and vote; only 25 minutes til polls close.

But please, only vote once! Mods there do check for cheating.

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 07:44 AM
15 minutes left people!!! :D

Aeneas
04-01-2009, 07:53 AM
7 minutes to go and we're up by 20

Cathartic
04-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Current Standings
Round 4 polls are closed.

North Standings
(1) Turbine: 3754 | 3729 :(2) Valve

Lorichie
04-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Well done everyone, hopefully we retain the lead after the counting.

/salute

R

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Our thread over there just got reopened. Remember, play nice or they are going to lock us up again. Keep the bragging down if we can....the votes are going to be recounted to be sure, I think. Good job everyone who voted!! :D

They are already slamming the ban hammer down on ANY troll, avoid the trolls over there guys.

Jendrak
04-01-2009, 09:05 AM
(1) Turbine 50.2% (3750)
(2) Valve 49.8% (3720)

These are the standings as of 0703 pac.

ohhh...for you non-military(ish) people thats 7:03am:D Sorry after 9 years in the Marines some things are just habbit.

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 09:07 AM
(1) Turbine 50.2% (3750)
(2) Valve 49.8% (3720)

ohhh...for you non-military(ish) people thats 7:03am:D Sorry after 9 years in the Marines some things are just habbit.

....ahem...

Go Army! :D

Jendrak
04-01-2009, 09:13 AM
(1) Turbine 50.2% (3750)
(2) Valve 49.8% (3720)

....ahem...

Go Army! :D

We can kill each other when this is over:D

Tarrant
04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
There was a lot of nay-saying around here yesterday, but I knew you guys could pull it off! Congratulations!

I've noticed some of the members on The Escapist say they've tried out DDO but had trouble really getting into the game. You guys should consider setting up play-times where Escapist members can join you and learn from the best. Maybe start a thread on their forums and direct people to it? You can even set up shifts with various starting times for the different servers, or try to corral them all into one.

Whatever happens, you guys proved (again) how amazing you are. We're very proud, and very thankful.

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 09:23 AM
We can kill each other when this is over:D

lol Works for me. :P

Murderface
04-01-2009, 09:24 AM
There was a lot of nay-saying around here yesterday, but I knew you guys could pull it off! Congratulations!

I've noticed some of the members on The Escapist say they've tried out DDO but had trouble really getting into the game. You guys should consider setting up play-times where Escapist members can join you and learn from the best. Maybe start a thread on their forums and direct people to it? You can even set up shifts with various starting times for the different servers, or try to corral them all into one.

Whatever happens, you guys proved (again) how amazing you are. We're very proud, and very thankful.

told all the fps fanatics how yall are gonna be having first person view shortly now lets get that new mod out :P

Borror0
04-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I've noticed some of the members on The Escapist say they've tried out DDO but had trouble really getting into the game.
Not sure of what kind of criticism they're giving (don't want to follow a 103+ flame war thread) but I hope you're taking notes.

Murderface
04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Not sure of what kind of criticism they're giving (don't want to follow a 103+ flame war thread) but I hope you're taking notes.
i tried to i got to page 8 before my eyes started bleeding

Jendrak
04-01-2009, 09:32 AM

Good call! I'm gonna head over and do that right now for Ghallanda. Anybody else wanna do this for the other servers?

miceelf88
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
People from Escapist are going to have trouble getting into the game if it stays as laggy as it is. Best thing to do is to post a message over there, to warn them to avoid the thelanis server.

ThrasherGT
04-01-2009, 09:49 AM
OH YEAH.........I believe We are "entitled" to another "tidbit", Yes?:D

Targonis
04-01-2009, 09:49 AM

This goes back to the basic problem where DDO does not have ANY advertising, and there is nothing to get the game on shelves so people who have never tried DDO will pick it up. With a REAL marketing push, not just some banner advertisements that real gamers will never see, we could see a real surge in the player base, which would make the game easier to get into.

When new players do not see other new people, or only see long-time players rushing through low level content with new characters, that is a HUGE turn-off for them. Asking the player base to make a special effort just to attract new players seems almost like saying the marketing people don't feel like doing their job, so expect the players to do it for them.

Yes, as a player and fan of the game, I will be friendly and helpful to new players who are looking for help or guidance, but at the same time, shouldn't the job of actively going out and getting new players we do not even know be the job of Atari as the publisher, or Turbine as the developer? How about some real publicity to get people in retail stores to see the game? How about a special 3-year special edition with some sort of special item similar to the pre-order bonuses from all those years ago? The game started with a cap of level 10, and mod 9 will make it 20, yet, who is even covering it?

The Gamespy network had ZERO coverage of the downtime from the data center move, showing that very few people outside of the current player community even feel DDO is worth following. THAT is what needs to change, and going to The Escapist(which I have never heard of outside of the competition) will probably not draw in that many new people, even if 100 percent of viewers of that site were going to try the game out.

Sorry Tarrant, I don't mean to be this harsh to you personally, but it really is time to either find a new publisher if Atari isn't going to properly market the game, or have Turbine take the ball and run with it. I have my own business that I have to run, and sitting back and asking my customers to go out and get me new business would be an insult to THEM. If they volunteer to get me customers, that is always good, but the asking is what I consider wrong.

ThrasherGT
04-01-2009, 09:55 AM
This goes back to the basic problem where DDO does not have ANY advertising, and there is nothing to get the game on shelves so people who have never tried DDO will pick it up. With a REAL marketing push, not just some banner advertisements that real gamers will never see, we could see a real surge in the player base, which would make the game easier to get into.

When new players do not see other new people, or only see long-time players rushing through low level content with new characters, that is a HUGE turn-off for them. Asking the player base to make a special effort just to attract new players seems almost like saying the marketing people don't feel like doing their job, so expect the players to do it for them.

Yes, as a player and fan of the game, I will be friendly and helpful to new players who are looking for help or guidance, but at the same time, shouldn't the job of actively going out and getting new players we do not even know be the job of Atari as the publisher, or Turbine as the developer? How about some real publicity to get people in retail stores to see the game? How about a special 3-year special edition with some sort of special item similar to the pre-order bonuses from all those years ago? The game started with a cap of level 10, and mod 9 will make it 20, yet, who is even covering it?

The Gamespy network had ZERO coverage of the downtime from the data center move, showing that very few people outside of the current player community even feel DDO is worth following. THAT is what needs to change, and going to The Escapist(which I have never heard of outside of the competition) will probably not draw in that many new people, even if 100 percent of viewers of that site were going to try the game out.

Sorry Tarrant, I don't mean to be this harsh to you personally, but it really is time to either find a new publisher if Atari isn't going to properly market the game, or have Turbine take the ball and run with it. I have my own business that I have to run, and sitting back and asking my customers to go out and get me new business would be an insult to THEM. If they volunteer to get me customers, that is always good, but the asking is what I consider wrong.

This subject has been discussed in the past, and the gist I get is that Turbine's hands are contractually tied in respect to advertising DDO. Basically, there's nothing They can do about it without breaching their contract with Atari, which of course, would be a bad move.

Quanefel
04-01-2009, 10:01 AM

Team effort all the way.

Let's hope some players are willing to help work on that idea of guiding some of the Escapist fans who showed interest in coming over here. I will be helping after some much needed rest. Congrats on all that made this round happen. Tommorrow is another round, it should be a tough fight.

Kalari
04-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Tarrant as much as id like to bring new people in to this game that site has really opened my eyes to how some forums allow their members to be led around like sheep. The blantant ignorance of people who play these games (I mean they called us lonely desperate blobs). To me if people are really interested our forums are up they will take the first step. I offered to one person who said they wanted to play a rogue but was put off by the creation screen help but im sure they were just saying that to knock ddo. And many who said they were dissatisfied really didnt give reason they just spouted off how "Turbine and ddo sucks" not really listing reasons. This was nothing but a clash of the fans and I doubt many of them will come our way. If im wrong fine but the mass majority who supposedly "tried" this game just seemed to be saying so just to knock us.

SneakThief
04-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Looks like we won North .... where's our giant cookie? :D:D:D

adm5893
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
a birthday cake?

None-the-less... Good job everyone who voted...

Recovery
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM

How thankful.... Mod 9 news thankful?...:)

Deuce
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Hey Tarrant - I know they are still checking the votes, and its close, but it looks like its gonna be another win for Turbine….

Could you maybe speak to Tolero and get us a 'Good Faith' tidbit? Pretty please?

Borror0
04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Could you maybe speak to Tolero and get us a 'Good Faith' tidbit? Pretty please?
Are you sure you want that today?

Missing_Minds
04-01-2009, 10:48 AM
This subject has been discussed in the past, and the gist I get is that Turbine's hands are contractually tied in respect to advertising DDO. Basically, there's nothing They can do about it without breaching their contract with Atari, which of course, would be a bad move.

Yes.. issue is they just resigned with Atari though. They had the chance to break away and actually get something good going and well...

What is the saying? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." I personally have other more verbal feelings on the matter.

Ghirmeshk
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
We's iz gin' to da Final Four baby! Awesome work everyone. Let's take the whole ball of wax . . . or Bat Guano . . . or wahtever that sticky substance is. Go Turbine!

Alavatar
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
You know, I will vote on the last round if Turbine makes it. But, I hate to say it, if Turbine ends up against BioWare I'm gonna have to vote for the better of the two (BioWare IMO). If Turbine goes up against someone else, though, Turbine will get my vote.

Raiderone
04-01-2009, 11:27 AM
You know, I will vote on the last round if Turbine makes it. But, I hate to say it, if Turbine ends up against BioWare I'm gonna have to vote for the better of the two (BioWare IMO). If Turbine goes up against someone else, though, Turbine will get my vote.

I admit that I like Bioware too. But what have they done lately? I'll vote Turbine all the way. Doesn't matter against who.

Bioware has good games, but I'm not playing them three years running like DDO.

DelScorcho
04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I voted Bethesda over Turbine, as I was hooked on Oblivion for about 5 months, and it contains some features I would love to be over here. Anyone that reads the Escapist forum will wind up voting for Turbine, though, just because of the other posters.

iscifi
04-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Congratulations to all of us.

I love the game and the versatility it offers.

It is funny though, I just happened to notice Delscorcho's signature...

As a proud Role-player, I should be on the opposite side of the cube from him. Regardless, we should both be 'Behind' DDO's coninued success!

Congrats all!

Kalanth
04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
(1) Turbine 50.2% (3750)
(2) Valve 49.8% (3720)

Fly high Air Force!

cardmj1
04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Anchors Away!

Gratch
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I think the best way Tarroleroant could convince us to vote in the next round would be to bring down the DDO servers for Mod 9. So um... voting starts tomorrow. Make it so.

Kistilan
04-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I think the best way Tarroleroant could convince us to vote in the next round would be to bring down the DDO servers for Mod 9. So um... voting starts tomorrow. Make it so.

That's a clever ploy... :cool:

Kistilan
04-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Anchors Away!

You sunk the Data Center! Submerged and Holy, only a Subterannean Party of Elite Skill could rescue this one. :rolleyes:

Boneyard
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM

I prefer Tarrantolero it sounds like some evil mutant spider, or a dinosaur. RAWR!

BronwynnBane
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok, posting in the right thread this time...

Did I miss the posting the Mod 9 tidbit for this rounds win? If so, can someone please point me in the right direction? And No, the Art does not count!

SneakThief
04-01-2009, 04:58 PM

Did I miss the posting the Mod 9 tidbit for this rounds win? If so, can someone please point me in the right direction? And No, the Art does not count!

No we are still waiting... and after THAT fight to win, AND the fact that it was for the whole north division, it will hopefully be a BIG cookie! :D

Wrustle
04-01-2009, 05:03 PM

In one of the other threads (can't remember which one now), Tolero has promised us three (3) tidbits in the morning.

Tolero
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Or I could just give you t (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=177622)wo (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=177621) of them now...the third will have to be in the morning though, but I will say that it's Compendium related

Shyver
04-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Or I could just give you t (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=177622)wo (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=177621) of them now...the third will have to be in the morning though, but I will say that it's Compendium related

Ok, I'm all for any tidbits on Mod 9 when we can get them. But we took down Valve!!! While the forums were only up for a part of the time. Most of those votes were generated through guild and other user run websites.

And frankly though the info is "nice", it's not anything that the community can get our teeth into and discuss while we wait for the elusive mod 9. Nothing to get us pumped up and feeling good as we head into our contest against Nintendo.

I'm not asking for a release date, but someing of substance would be nice.

:)

Tolero
04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Ok, I'm all for any tidbits on Mod 9 when we can get them. But we took down Valve!!! While the forums were only up for a part of the time. Most of those votes were generated through guild and other user run websites.

hence why I opted to do 3 things this time instead of just 1

And frankly though the info is "nice", it's not anything that the community can get our teeth into and discuss while we wait for the elusive mod 9. Nothing to get us pumped up and feeling good as we head into our contest against Nintendo.

I'm not asking for a release date, but someing of substance would be nice.

:)

Just remember that the seriously juicy stuff is hard for me to get ahold of because they need that for the press tours =/

I'm *hoping* I can tell you something really cool on friday though that should get people fired up :)

Shyver
04-01-2009, 06:17 PM

And though 3 is better than 1. The first 2 are rather, hmm intersting, and move on. While an improvement to the compendium, though nice, is rather meh for most of the community.

Just remember that the seriously juicy stuff is hard for me to get ahold of because they need that for the press tours =/

OK, are we talking spreads in PC gamer and other publications? Or a few "articles" on the MMO websites. The first I can get excited for, the second........yeah not so much.

Big info on Friday sounds nice though. :)

Borror0
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
[...] but I will say that it's Compendium related
/jedi trick Tell me!

Tolero
04-01-2009, 06:39 PM
/jedi trick Tell me!

/hand wave These are not the Compendium tidbits you're looking for

hmartyb
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
"Just remember that the seriously juicy stuff is hard for me to get ahold of because they need that for the press tours =/"

Press Tours? Does the press subscribe to DDO or vote Turbine over Ninetendo? I'm just sayin...

Mithran
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
/jedi trick Tell me!

OK. While your posts are frequently irritating to me, that one made me lol.

Borror0
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
/hand wave These are not the Compendium tidbits you're looking for
/jedi trick Here (http://forums.ddo.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=37042) is where you are going to write your draft. Now.

Rog
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM

I'm *hoping* I can tell you something really cool on friday though that should get people fired up :)

I am happy to hear that we have seriouly busted are a** to beat valve. Not that i care about blackmail or anything. just want to make sure you understand the how hard we are working to get turbine a win this year. and anything you can do on your end we can use to get more votes would be very appreciated. this is not as hard as selling ice to the eskimos but some of the reasons we been giving for them not to vote has merit.<mod 9>

Mellkor
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
what press tours? I would like to know about these mystery press tours.

-JR

Melthus
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I refuse to vote again, until the servers are working correctly.

Tolero
04-01-2009, 07:41 PM
/jedi trick Here (http://forums.ddo.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=37042) is where you are going to write your draft. Now.

Hmm... so I have my draft done on the Compendium stuff (not like I have anything else to do while we all wait on authentication to work again) BUT.... it has pictures with it. Without the pictures it kinda doesn't do it justice. With the websites down, I can't bring the pictures up, but I *could* try to just attach them to the thread, though it will be messy. Decisions decisions...

weyoun
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I'd love to celebrate but I can't log into the game due to data center errors. So please, back to work Tolero, chop chop.

Rog
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Hmm... so I have my draft done on the Compendium stuff (not like I have anything else to do while we all wait on authentication to work again) BUT.... it has pictures with it. Without the pictures it kinda doesn't do it justice. With the websites down, I can't bring the pictures up, but I *could* try to just attach them to the thread, though it will be messy. Decisions decisions...

so we got that worm the news media said would be effecting 12 million computers what bad timing hackers and there pranks go figue

Tolero
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
So please, back to work Tolero, chop chop.

I haven't even gotten to leave work yet oO

Shadospawn
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I haven't even gotten to leave work yet oO

Hey you knew what you were getting into when you took them up on that extra $0.50 / hr...

Hope they at least hook you guys up with some yummy pimento-cheese sammiches while you're stuck there at the office!

Tolero
04-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Hope they at least hook you guys up with some yummy pimento-cheese sammiches while you're stuck there at the office!

Sapience and I are living on kettle corn he found in his desk atm. It has carbs...it will do for now.

Lorichie
04-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Sapience and I are living on kettle corn he found in his desk atm. It has carbs...it will do for now.

corn....from a desk....what happened to hot pockets? sigh....so many things lost...

R

Ustice
04-01-2009, 08:16 PM

Sounds like it's Pizza-on-Turbine night to me!

SneakThief
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM

I think you need to make whoever is in charge of the press tour cough up something good. We are generating way more press on March Madness than I have ever seen anywhere else. :D

Auran82
04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I think you need to make whoever is in charge of the press tour cough up something good. We are generating way more press on March Madness than I have ever seen anywhere else. :D

More than the upcoming more or less single article that will be rehashed and slightly modified, then posted on several MMO sites?

ArkoHighStar
04-01-2009, 08:57 PM

I think Mersky needs to cough up some of his salary, and give it to us, for doing his job for him:D

Tolero
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Ah ha! I found a work around! Now I can talk about the Compendium stuff (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=177659) :)

*leaves a trail of bread crumbs towards it for Borr*
p....a....r....s....

SneakThief
04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
More than the upcoming more or less single article that will be rehashed and slightly modified, then posted on several MMO sites?
Several MMO sites? Do tell! I have never seen anything on more than one at a time. And its usually just Kate being interviewed about stuff that has already been released.

Dymond
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
AHHH Man.. Turbine vs Nintendo? I have to pick between DDO and my Wii? Man thats not even fair...

Rog
04-02-2009, 01:35 AM

you spoke they have a thread up and they getting hits people want to come but they have problems here a ex:
I want to try DDO, but I'm just not sure about it. That, and evry time I try to download the game it takes me to a different page telling me to contact the moderator or something.
now this is a problem you guy have at lest 3 defrent versions of ddo to download a mod 7 a mod 8 and a hi def mod 8. we need to clean this up if you can so we dont loose people due to furstation of downloading

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 01:38 AM
you spoke they have a thread up and they getting hits people want to come but they have problems here a ex:
now this is a problem you guy have at lest 3 defrent versions of ddo to download a mod 7 a mod 8 and a hi def mod 8. we need to clean this up if you can so we dont loose people due to furstation of downloading

This is a serious issue. I was just helping someone with this from EM. Any help from Turbine would be appreciated here.

Kistilan
04-02-2009, 01:53 AM
AHHH Man.. Turbine vs Nintendo? I have to pick between DDO and my Wii? Man thats not even fair...

Well, if it's real love you can let it go and it will come back to you.

Right now you've let go of DDO and it should be coming back to you.
But can you let go of your Wii and know it will return to its proper place? :D

Murderface
04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
this one seems a bit out dated

now we need to worry about a gorilla in casual attire, a guy with green tights and pointy ears and very short round plumber with a funky stache

lets make short work of them

wow i spent most of my youth attached to my nintendo consoles.. i think street fighter on nintendo got even more hours of gameplay for me then my time here with ddo ha

Quanefel
04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Pssst....thread needs updated for this new round oh great powers that be...

>.>

Mockduck
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Final Four: Turbine vs. Nintendo: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/375.104632

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 02:31 PM
We are down by 60. Let's take this one Turbiners.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
We are down by 60. Let's take this one Turbiners.

Lets call the reinforcements, people from valve poll still didnt got it, still going there to troll...

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 02:40 PM
But luckily, if they get suspended or banned their votes will now be removed.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 02:41 PM
When I get home I will start a seach for votes, need to get out of work early today!!!

Quanefel
04-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Lets call the reinforcements, people from valve poll still didnt got it, still going there to troll...

Remind them though. If Turbine loses to Nintendo this round....we will be voting for Nintendo next round with all the passion we have. ;)

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Remind them though. If Turbine loses to Nintendo this round....we will be voting for Nintendo next round with all the passion we have. ;)

I'm with you Q. 100%.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 02:46 PM

NP with that!! ;)

Kistilan
04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm with you Q. 100%.

But... Bioware.... :confused:

I can't decide between Nin and Bio. I like both a lot and Bio is RPG-Haven.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
But... Bioware.... :confused:

I can't decide between Nin and Bio. I like both a lot and Bio is RPG-Haven.

We must hit where it hurts the most!!

Kistilan
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
We must hit where it hurts the most!!

Well then just don't for Relic because that's the other one the Valve kids are supporting. ;)

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Let us continue the muster. We will not be defeated so easily. I am aiming my +5 greater cherub bane longbow at Kid Icarus and hitting Manyshot while hasted.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Getting 2 more votes for us right now!

Grandolf
04-02-2009, 03:02 PM
One more vote for us!

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Me and Q and Babidi and G are goin down to tha sewerz wit some greatclubs. We here there's a plumber down there that needza good talkin' to.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Cmon guys, keep the votes flowing!!!

Babidi
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Me and Q and Babidi and G are goin down to tha sewerz wit some greatclubs. We here there's a plumber down there that needza good talkin' to.
Hate Mustaches!!! ;)

Quanefel
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
A defeat for Turbine this round means a victory for Nintendo in the final round. :D

szalkerous
04-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Voted. Down with Nintendo!

Kistilan
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
A defeat for Turbine this round means a victory for Nintendo in the final round. :D

I dunno... I'm going to be hard-pressed to not vote Bioware in the final round regardless of who wins the Final Four.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Keep this post on top of the forum, rock the vote!! DDO need this to promote the game we all love...vote, vote, vote!!!

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Feel free to add to this thread after you vote as we seem to actually be generating interest:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.103976

Vuedoo
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Can we get a new march Mayheim Thread for Turbine /Nintendo... it seems we are gonna need all the help we can get with allot of the valve fans against us for winning last round. Lots of chips on peoples shoulders over there.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Just got 3 more votes!

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 03:21 PM
We are down by 80:(.

Babidi
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
We can do better, we still have about 30 hs of voting!

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Down 118. Come on Stormreach. Let's make this our first 5000 player raid!

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Come on folks, they are back to serious smack talk. Read comment number 1147 on this page for a taste:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/375.104632?p=1&page=33#1667846

We can't stand for this. Let's rally and win this.

JakLee7
04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
my vote in

Ghirmeshk
04-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Down 215.

Kistilan
04-03-2009, 06:41 AM
We're still down by about 240 (ouch!) :(

Feyt
04-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Think we could put a suggestion up across the various servers in the LFM to vote? I'm sure that would be against some rule...but would probably work to get some votes.

adm5893
04-07-2009, 07:24 AM
down by 500...

It would be something if we could take down Bioware. Please vote. It would also make the developers a little bit happier.

Please Vote!!!!