PDA

View Full Version : It’s The Escapist Magazine’s March Mayhem!

Tarrant
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Last year you guys shocked the world by driving Turbine through every round to claim the overall title. This year we’re back as the #1 seed! Can you prove to the naysayers that it wasn’t just a fluke? Surely our top seeded community can trump 16th ranked Naughty Dog! Vote for Turbine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournament/index) in the North Division! Registration (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/registration/) is quick, easy, and necessary. Hurry, round one ends tomorrow!

DaveyCrockett
03-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Buy us off with a release date!

Belwaar
03-19-2009, 10:27 AM

I LOL'd :p

Tarrant
03-19-2009, 10:33 AM
I LOL'd :p

Me too.

Memnir
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
If you want my vote - fix the lag first.
Hurry, round one ends tomorrow.

falcon2030
03-19-2009, 10:35 AM
better hurry a sof today it doesn't look good for us it's now 147 turbine yo 169 ND :(

Impaqt
03-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Added to my HoF Thread.

Lag or not, Showing support for the game we enjoy is important.

Impaqt
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
better hurry a sof today it doesn't look good for us it's now 147 turbine yo 169 ND :(

Making up ground Quickly.. 169-174 now :)

Memnir
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Lag or not, Showing support for the game we enjoy is important.This has nothing to do with supporting the game - it has to do with Turbine being a top developer. Until they fix the lag - they don't live up to that moniker in my book.

Thrudh
03-19-2009, 10:46 AM
This has nothing to do with supporting the game - it has to do with Turbine being a top developer. Until they fix the lag - they don't live up to that moniker in my book.

Heh, read the forums over there as everyone is bashing Turbine for "sucking". It's made me mad enough to vote.

Example: "WHO ARE TURBINE? Is their only real game of note LOTR:Online? Not a 'best developer ever' winner with any description."

Read a few of those, and suddenly you'll probably want to vote...

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 10:46 AM
This has nothing to do with supporting the game - it has to do with Turbine being a top developer. Until they fix the lag - they don't live up to that moniker in my book.

They develop the game, not the lag. Lag is technical expertise. If this were MMO Technical Expertise & Customer Support, you'd have a point.

Besides, they've got LOTRO. Turbine vs Blizzard = The Endgame. Support your developer. Get them props & money so they can hire that technical expertise guy that you want to fix your lag.

muffinlad
03-19-2009, 10:48 AM

Sadly, I must agree.

We have to be impartial enough to realise that the game has problems that need to be addressed, right away.

However, I am sure enough LOTR's fans will vote for them, so what ever bragging rights this denotes should be theirs, soon enough.

Also, I hate Basketball, and anything involving March Madness, so as I grump I am the wrong person to ask this from anyway.

muffinscrooge.

DaveyCrockett
03-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Notice that you're behind Tarrant. Might want to consider my deal! :D

vtecfiend99
03-19-2009, 10:53 AM
I voted last year. Hell, I convinced my friends who play WOW to vote for Turbine last year. Nothin doin this year. This place has been a royal disaster the last six months and there is no way I would even waste my time.

Gum
03-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Last year you guys shocked the world by driving Turbine through every round to claim the overall title. This year we’re back as the #1 seed! Can you prove to the naysayers that it wasn’t just a fluke? Surely our top seeded community can trump 16th ranked Naughty Dog! Vote for Turbine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournament/index) in the North Division! Registration is quick, easy, and necessary. Hurry, round one ends tomorrow!

Done :) I <3 DDO. Now, get mod 9 out! lol

Nikorr123
03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah.........

No thx

Tell you what I am working on a super secret vote, but the release of this vote will not be coming for quite some time. BUT BE EXCITED THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT IT WUWUWUW Standby for a vote update with no real detail on the way of the vote 6 months from now only further talk about the vote never coming.

Thanks.

Memnir
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
They develop the game, not the lag. Lag is technical expertise. If this were MMO Technical Expertise & Customer Support, you'd have a point.

Besides, they've got LOTRO. Turbine vs Blizzard = The Endgame. Support your developer. Get them props & money so they can hire that technical expertise guy that you want to fix your lag.Turbine touts themselves (http://www.turbine.com/) as "The world's premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds," (emphasis mine), well - part of operating is maintaining a level of playability - and the DDO servers currently lack that. The lag is at it's worst levels - ever. The fact that it took months and months for a Dev to even make a "please keep calm" post is inexcusable.

Being the developer means they are responsible for the game, from top to bottom. Passing the buck and saying that it's a technical service just does not hold any water for me. It's their game, ergo it's their issue. The game is growing unplayable for many, and I know of a lot people who've left the game in disgust over the lag. To me, when people leave the game, for any reason, the developer has failed.

I love this game as much as any around here. I want it to succeed and flourish. However, I can still be critical of Turbine no matter how much I enjoy the game and respect their work. Looking at it objectively, they have not performed as a world class developer over the past year in regards to DDO. The content output has been dismal, they outsourced the servers, and now, probably as a result of said outsourcing - the lag is game altering for many. I love the game, but Turbine does not deserve my vote this year.

Impaqt
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
I find it odd that so many people on this forum want the lag fixed but dont want to support the developer.

This poll isnt about Lag. Its about the development of Games. Like it or not, Winning Polls and contests like this increases exposure. Increased Exposure creates more Subscriptions. More subscriptions means more resources to work on things like Lag, Content, and future development.

Refusing to vote for the developer that created the game you play most is short sighted.

falcon2030
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I find it odd that so many people on this forum want the lag fixed but dont want to support the developer.

This poll isnt about Lag. Its about the development of Games. Like it or not, Winning Polls and contests like this increases exposure. Increased Exposure creates more Subscriptions. More subscriptions means more resources to work on things like Lag, Content, and future development.

Refusing to vote for the developer that created the game you play most is short sighted.

Thank You Impaqt you said it before I could :)

Thrudh
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
199 to 201

we're down by 2 votes so far...

Gum
03-19-2009, 11:02 AM

Besides, they've got LOTRO. Turbine vs Blizzard = The Endgame. Support your developer. Get them props & money so they can hire that technical expertise guy that you want to fix your lag.

QFT! The more attention we get, the better the chance more stuff can get worked on. Come on yall, support our game. Put those hard feelings to the side for a moment, and realize it's for the better of our game. ;)

Kistilan

/qft

Well-said and exactly what I was thinking.

Nikorr123
Like it or not, Winning Polls and contests like this increases exposure. Increased Exposure creates more Subscriptions. More subscriptions means more resources to work on things like Lag, Content, and future development.

Like it or not, a happy player base makes it easier to garner support for these types of polls/contests.

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 11:03 AM
199 to 201

we're down by 2 votes so far...

There was a 15 pt gap (Turbine Down) when we started rapid commentary in the 2 threads concerning this race about 35 minutes ago.

WTG Team!!!

EDIT: We're up by 2 now! +1 ZING!!!!
EDIT2: 207/207 Checkmate (Those Crash Bandicoot guys are getting scurred)
EDIT3: 229/223 -- Keep it up! ZING ZING!

Thrudh
03-19-2009, 11:03 AM

Exactly... Turbine sucks at advertising... This is a chance to get people to learn about DDO

Belwaar
03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
You people are angry...

Turbine has made the ONLY game that I have played for 3 straight years. I've taken two breaks b/c real life called for it, but have came back and play the game almost every day. I can't say that about any other game I've ever played. The fact that we all play it as much as we do says something. Go vote...it's not going to hurt anything...

Oh, and grow up, seriously. You're childish whining is really pathetic...

Impaqt
03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Turbine - 205
naughty Dog - 205

EDIT:

TUrbine - 211

Naughty Dog - 207

:)

Lucian_Navarro
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Interesting... whenever I ask for something from Turbine (like generic information) I get ignored.

You get what you give.

Gum
03-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Interesting... whenever I ask for something from Turbine (like generic information) I get ignored.

You get what you give.

*Sigh*

Lifeblood
03-19-2009, 11:17 AM

You get what you give.

Ask not what turbine can do for you But what you can do for turbine

falcon2030
03-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Ask not what turbine can do for you But what you can do for turbine

LOL okay "JFK" :P

Kalari
03-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Meh though im peeved about the lag spikes (specially having fancy new internet) I did put in my vote and will continue to. Nothing like a morale boost to our hard working devs to get that mod cranked out :)

Belwaar
03-19-2009, 11:21 AM

You get what you give.

And it's attitudes like this that make the game unpleasant. "Gimme, gimme, gimme..." Too many self-righteous people on here..

Ever thought that the DDO staff for Turbine are busy with actually working on the game and may be too busy to pander to your whining and endless self-absorbed b*tching? Most games don't even give feedback...You should be happy that they give you anything...

I know if I was a Dev for Turbine, I'd say, "The Hell with all of you that have that sort of attitude...if you give me attitude, I'll give it right back."

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey Tarrant-

I don't know if you have any community relations with the guys over at The Escapist Forums, but unless some of our community was making multiple accounts & voting, the guys over at The Escapists just removed over 30 of our votes because someone claimed that we were cheating via making new accounts with 0-1 post counts and voting for you....

Which, we were not. I had to revote to get my vote back in. :mad:

This JUST happened 11:21 am CST.

Belwaar
03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Tarrant-

I don't know if you have any community relations with the guys over at The Escapist Forums, but unless some of our community was making multiple accounts & voting, the guys over at The Escapists just removed over 30 of our votes because someone claimed that we were cheating via making new accounts with 0-1 post counts and voting for you....

Which, we were not. I had to revote to get my vote back in. :mad:

This JUST happened 11:21 am CST.

Ridiculous. Going back to vote! :mad:

Kalari
03-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Thats not right I never had an escapist account so just made one today. Its hard enough keeping up with forums I like posting in then to worry about some forum where people go "I like ratchet and klink Hyuck" ugh

Kalari
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
And still not really interested in their forums dont like the way it looks personally but updated my profile and **** so they know its not some vote bot.

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Last I checked Turbine is down 3 votes...
Least I've never been a HUGE fan of rawdog games...

Awaiting bribe of info about mod....
test server information....
Bard Spellsinger II/III, Virtuoso II/III, WarChanter II/III..

Lag is one thing, and does need to be fixed,
but this about raw development awesomenes...
And while we know the developments in the past have been interesting and unique...
I just want to see a bit more development to remind my self of the awesomeness...
Hint hint.....

Impaqt
03-19-2009, 11:40 AM
30 votes seems like a lot, but if someone did create that many accounts fromthe same/Similar email address or even same IP, they are most likely justified in the reduction.

Borror0
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Heck, even Ninja Spy (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=176126), Henshin Mystic (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=176128) or Shintao monk (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=176127) would do. :rolleyes:

Or previews about upcoming class abilities.

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM
30 votes seems like a lot, but if someone did create that many accounts fromthe same/Similar email address or even same IP, they are most likely justified in the reduction.

It shrank back down quick, now its 4 off....
Edit: now down 6 votes
Edit: down 2

This is freakin hard

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 11:47 AM

Of course. Virgil of The Escapist Forums clarified some guy made over 50 accounts & voted, so yeah, it was justified. We're not going to win this by cheating and we don't need to either.

The proof is in the poison -- we just regained all 50 votes and are down 5.

Kalari
03-19-2009, 11:49 AM
I just hope whoever did the cheating realizes we didnt need that anyway. Turbine no matter how annoyed I am with some things about the game does a damn good job.

How can I say that you ask? Because I keep two payed accounts in 2 of their games. Most of ya dont know me personally but I am very frugal lol (k cheap as they come) for a company to get me interested in holding a paid account in two of their games is a feat. So yeah Turbine gets my vote (they may get my complaints at times to) but definitely my vote.

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Rawdog 280
Turbine 280

Me thinks this will be a tough and close battle till the end

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 11:53 AM
WTG Team!

Turbine reclaimed the lead at a cool 283/281 votes. Don't stop now -- blow them out of the water so they realize what loyalty really is at Turbine.

Impaqt
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Rawdog 280
Turbine 280

Me thinks this will be a tough and close battle till the end

Nah, All the Crash fans will be done voting by mid day most likely. Turbine will keep getting more and more votes throughout today and tomorrow. I assume something about this is in the Launcher. (If its not, It should be)

We have a Decisive advantage against a console company. Immediate Online Information.

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 11:55 AM
We have a Decisive advantage against a console company. Immediate Online Information.

I like to call that The Impaqt Advantage. :rolleyes:

Lucian_Navarro
03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
And it's attitudes like this that make the game unpleasant. "Gimme, gimme, gimme..." Too many self-righteous people on here..

Ever thought that the DDO staff for Turbine are busy with actually working on the game and may be too busy to pander to your whining and endless self-absorbed b*tching? Most games don't even give feedback...You should be happy that they give you anything...

I know if I was a Dev for Turbine, I'd say, "The Hell with all of you that have that sort of attitude...if you give me attitude, I'll give it right back."

... So if you ask your bank "Will I be getting a statement this week?" or "Should I be concerned about my investments?" and you never get a reply.

You should be happy with that kind of service?

Turbine is a company that makes a game, we pay a fee. We are the reason they have jobs.

My questions to Turbine were always polite and had meaning. I wait patiently but never get a reply.

So like I said before (in a polite tone) "You get what you give."

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM

Well right now Turbine just got 113 votes in less than an hour to make up for its 50 point deficit.

I think they're getting quite a lot so maybe they'll be giving quite a lot later, eh? Sometimes you have to make the first move in the giving. ;)

PS: We've sent the Bandicoot Boys a nice message with a 311/290 lead after a 50 pt deficit.

TFPAQ
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
... SoonTM ...

Deathseeker
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
OK Tolero, I've voted early, and plan to vote often :p

Now how about you throw us loyal voters a bone, nudge Eladrin, and tell him to post a small comment on some new upcoming enhancement, feat, ability, etc?

Similar to Chicago or Louisiana, paying for votes should be a practice here as well...!

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 12:04 PM
OK Tolero, I've voted early, and plan to vote often :p

Now how about you throw us loyal voters a bone, nudge Eladrin, and tell him to post a small comment on some new upcoming enhancement, feat, ability, etc?

Similar to Chicago or Louisiana, paying for votes should be a practice here as well...!

That might be an idea...

Every time we win a brackett give us an extra treat out of the normal plan. Hmm? Mmmmkayyy???? :):):)

Hellllboy
03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I voted...can you only do it once or multiple times?

Larhanya_Theliel
03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Yay, Turbine! No matter how much I am longing to hear more about Mod 9 (and I think that this forum lurker has become kind of addicted to opening up the Dev Tracker 8 times a day just in case there might be news), I would never back down from a chance to show my support for the game developer that has been my primary source of entertainment for about 4 1/2 to 5 years (played AC for about 3 years before being entranced by DDO).

I tried to create a new account at Escapist and it told me that the username had been taken, so I logged in instead. Turns out I joined back in 2005, probably to vote for Turbine that year, too. :D

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
1) Turbine 52.2% (335)

(16) Naughty Dog 47.8% (307)

Edit: Opening the Dev tracker 8 times a day.....god...
Im glad to hear im not the only one that does that

I'd always lurked 'round the escapest, they have good articles, and Yahtzee (the writer), but I still don't care about there forums

Impaqt
... So if you ask your bank "Will I be getting a statement this week?" or "Should I be concerned about my investments?" and you never get a reply.

You should be happy with that kind of service?

Turbine is a company that makes a game, we pay a fee. We are the reason they have jobs.

My questions to Turbine were always polite and had meaning. I wait patiently but never get a reply.

THis isnt the same ballpark comparison wise.

Try asking your bank whenyour investments are going to turn around. Make sure you ask them for an exact day.

Ask em to Raise your intrest rate on your savings account to 10%

hey, you pay their salaries right? THey should have that info and be happy to make you happier!

Gum
That might be an idea...

Every time we win a brackett give us an extra treat out of the normal plan. Hmm? Mmmmkayyy???? :):):)

Hmmm :)

Gum
03-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Us 340 Them 315...Woot!

Borror0
03-19-2009, 12:16 PM

Tried calling their customer service?

icculus
03-19-2009, 12:17 PM
While I agree that Turbine has done an abysmal job this year and does not look to be changing that any time soon unfortunately, NOT voting is a mistake.

Nevertheless, while I am confident that ND will be defeated, there should be some effort/thought put into future fights: Value for example in the finals would be brutal, and knocking them out early would be best...

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
While I agree that Turbine has done an abysmal job this year and does not look to be changing that any time soon unfortunately, NOT voting is a mistake.

Nevertheless, while I am confident that ND will be defeated, there should be some effort/thought put into future fights: Value for example in the finals would be brutal, and knocking them out early would be best...

Valve or Nintendo, is praticaly an winnable fight...
Yea, I went there

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM

I didn't want to go there, but uh...

Yeah, voting the top contenders out early would be SMAAAART. :rolleyes:

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Too many forms of treason...if not DDO...TF2...If not TF2....Wii..... ~Sob~

Thrudh
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Heh... good idea...

I better abstain from voting if (when) it gets to Turbine vs. Valve... As much as I love Turbine, everything from Valve is golden.

If I'm not playing DDO, I'm usually playing Left 4 Dead... Man that game is fun...

Giantsbane
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Dang Davey, ya beat me to it.

Kraki
03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Too many forms of treason...if not DDO...TF2...If not TF2....Wii..... ~Sob~

I own TF2, installed it, launched it once.

Portal on the other hand...

Kraki

Tolero
03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
That might be an idea...

I find these terms acceptable. Let the games begin!

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I own TF2, installed it, launched it once.

Portal on the other hand...

Kraki

You have to play it about once a month just to re enjoy the god like awesomeness of it?
Yea....
Try the portal:the flash version map pack for portal, its pretty freaking awesome

Ollathir
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
wow, only 55 votes.

we're beating crash bandicot by 55 votes, lol.

Gum
03-19-2009, 12:40 PM

Oh God! Vote, Vote, Vote! Get in there and vote darnit!

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM

DfC!!!!!!

Here's your carrot. :) Now motivate those Bloodlords! :D

Lucian_Navarro
03-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Tried calling their customer service?

My questions were never CS related. But I did send an email and tried to call on the off chance that I could get some feeback. Of course I did not get a reply.

Granted my questions were never "mission critical" but valid none the less.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game hence I still play. I am just an average person posting my opinions and making suggestions when I think I have a good idea or something to contribute.

This is another way to let Turbine know that they could be doing more. "It's an effort thing."

Thank you for the positive feeback.

DaveyCrockett
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
DfC!!!!!!

Here's your carrot. :) Now motivate those Bloodlords! :D

Will do.. Look for a BIG boost! :)

Sumerianlord
03-19-2009, 12:55 PM

Voted. Wife is voting from work.

Vuedoo
03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Voted

Standings ... Turbine Holding Lead at 475 to 411

Kalari
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM
aww looks like some of them are resorting to name calling us coming out to support Turbine now. Sad that when who they are rooting for starts losing we get called shady, get accused of using shady practices and the like. Oh and the players who live in their parents basement comments never get old. Makes me wonder about those who have to criticize while rooting for console makers and what their life status is?

Vuedoo
03-19-2009, 01:15 PM

and Please make them Mod 9 Realated :)

Ustice
03-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Don't forget to vote for the losers in the other match-ups. XD

Lifeblood
03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
and Please make them Mod 9 Realated :)

and Please no more concept art

Vuedoo
03-19-2009, 01:27 PM
how long is the voting for each Bracket?

cardmj1
03-19-2009, 01:29 PM
509 Turbine to 431 ND

Return_To_Forever
03-19-2009, 01:30 PM
OBV I voted Turbine, yeh we need mod 9 super bad, but the game is redic fun, gl Turbine!

04pugdog04
03-19-2009, 01:34 PM
529 to 449 us

Vuedoo
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
(1) Turbine55% (549)
(16) Naughty Dog45% (449)

Bookmarking the 100 vote Lead

Gunga
03-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Voted Turbine...that release date sure would be nice ;)

cardmj1
03-19-2009, 01:41 PM
how long is the voting for each Bracket?

2 Days

Missing_Minds
03-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Interesting.. I noticed that Patience posted over in their forums, but so did someone by the name of safffron. Wonder if it is the same saffron from LOTRO... That mod hasn't posted since may of last year.

Ollathir
03-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Nice job Kistilan, way to motivate the troops. http://img.funnyanimatedgifs.net/smileys/36_2_25.gif

falcon2030
03-19-2009, 01:52 PM
going well now over 100 more votes

576 turbine
465 ND

woot!

maybe a release date (I can wish can't I :) )

Tolero
03-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Voted Turbine...that release date sure would be nice ;)

Well just to be clear on this arrangement, I can't give you dates out of this, that one is a line I can't cross yet

and Please make them Mod 9 Related

I can definitely arrange for some Mod 9 related stuff. Although there is one I'd like to do that is *trying to think of a word for it* well let's just say that I have two lovely scaled ladies who've been oh so lonely until now :D

and Please no more concept art

The concept art was something I wanted to try and do because I get a lot of requests from players for "behind the scenes" style stuff. Our artists are very talented and have done some really great work in Mod 9. I even have older concept art from Vault of Night, the city, the Necropolis, Gianthold, etc that I'd like to one day freshen up our concept gallery with :)

BattleCircle
03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Well just to be clear on this arrangement, I can't give you dates out of this, that one is a line I can't cross yet

I can definitely arrange for some Mod 9 related stuff. Although there is one I'd like to do that is *trying to think of a word for it* well let's just say that I have two lovely scaled ladies who've been oh so lonely until now :D

The concept art was something I wanted to try and do because I get a lot of requests from players for "behind the scenes" style stuff. Our artists are very talented and have done some really great work in Mod 9. I even have older concept art from Vault of Night, the city, the Necropolis, Gianthold, etc that I'd like to one day freshen up our concept gallery with :)

Don't know about anyone else, but I for one would love to browse through a concept art gallery from mods gone past :D

Kalari
03-19-2009, 01:58 PM
I dunno who that saffron person is but they sure get off insulting people so I dont think they work for turbine. Just a sad individual who is mad were kicking ND's butt.

Ollathir
03-19-2009, 01:59 PM

You mean we get something actually worth fighting for in the Prey Chest? :)

Edit: Damn, ones a dude right? NM

Thrudh
03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
You mean we get something actually worth fighting for in the Prey Chest? :)

Edit: Damn, ones a dude right? NM

Yeah... I'm trying to figure this one out too...

BattleCircle
03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah... I'm trying to figure this one out too...

Me too, if she had said one, then I would have guessed a revamp of the von prereqs.

But she said two, so I am :confused:

Unless its a revamp of Von and DQ.......

Ustice
03-19-2009, 02:05 PM

I really like it. The more the better (as long as they are behind thumbnails ;) ). I really like seeing that stuff. Story boards are cool too. Heck even wire-frame renders like the ones shown on the video on Turbine.com are interesting to me.

weyoun
03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I enjoy putting non-ddo players down a lot more than I enjoy putting ddo players down. DDO/Turbine FTW. No other mmo comes close.

Tolero
03-19-2009, 02:07 PM
I really like it. The more the better (as long as they are behind thumbnails ;) ).

Yeah the thumbnailing really needs updated but it's a bit of an undertaking at the moment. But I still want to rework those pages (especially the wallpaper page, it's getting way long now and could really stand to be broken down to sections). One thing at a time. Favicons today, tomorrow, the world! :D

weyoun
03-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Maybe she means reflag for Lailaith and Velah, both have scales, both aren't run that much. If that's true then thank you DDO Jesus!!

nytewolf
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Little thought here if you are talking raids and Scaled Ladies. Vellah and Lailat are both female and scaled. Perhaps the re-flagging mechanism is getting removed.

umm what Weyoun said lol.

Gelandor
03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Maybe she means reflag for Lailaith and Velah, both have scales, both aren't run that much. If that's true then thank you DDO Jesus!!

This is what I thought. That would be great.

04pugdog04
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
That is what i am thnking both have scales both lonely do to not being played do to reflaging hence maybe they are doing away with the reflag and putting on timer?

Kraki
03-19-2009, 02:20 PM
And now to change the subject....while you're refreshing the poll, take a timeout for a giggle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw&feature=player_embedded

Time well wasted.

Kraki

falcon2030
03-19-2009, 02:23 PM
That is what i am thnking both have scales both lonely do to not being played do to reflaging hence maybe they are doing away with the reflag and putting on timer?

or they're making a reappearance in shavarath (stormreaver neone)....

oh yeah 647 turbine 513 ND

go team!!!

Ustice
03-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah the thumbnailing really needs updated but it's a bit of an undertaking at the moment. But I still want to rework those pages (especially the wallpaper page, it's getting way long now and could really stand to be broken down to sections). One thing at a time. Favicons today, tomorrow, the world! :D

Want help? Have Photoshop, can upload. :)

Stormanne
03-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Creeping up on the 150 vote spread now. Seems that the ND people are running out of steam...or people that care...

Wrustle
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
And now to change the subject....while you're refreshing the poll, take a timeout for a giggle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw&feature=player_embedded

Time well wasted.

Kraki

Awesome.... very entertaining.

Tolero
03-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Want help? Have Photoshop, can upload. :)

The photoshopping isn't the long part (I can batch those easily enough) it's the pages themselves heh ;)

Akhad_Durn
03-19-2009, 03:00 PM

I don't care what others say! More, more, more, (!!!) concept art please. :D Old, new, any of it please!

Ustice
03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
The photoshopping isn't the long part (I can batch those easily enough) it's the pages themselves heh ;)

Have text editor, will upload? :D

weyoun
03-19-2009, 03:11 PM
(1) Turbine 56.1% (724)
(16) Naughty Dog 43.9% (567)

Lifeblood
03-19-2009, 03:17 PM

It's not that I don't like concept art..but the way you dole it out it seems like a substitute for the actual mod 9 info we are waiting for.

Boneyard
03-19-2009, 03:32 PM
We will need some major motivation to make it past our presumed round 3 opponent, Bethesda, do you have any idea how popular Fallout 3 is right now? AND, if I'm doing my math right their release of an expansion, The Pitt, happens on day 1 of our match up with them.

Thrudh
03-19-2009, 03:34 PM
AND, if I'm doing my math right their release of an expansion, The Pitt, happens on day 1 of our match up with them.

Actually, that's good news... Everyone will be too busy playing to bother hitting some dumb web-site... How many votes would WE get on the day Mod 9 went live :)

gaxpar
03-19-2009, 03:37 PM
What am i failing to understand really ? Since when is it the customers responsibility ?People want the more they can for theyre dollar it dont matter if it was made by a slave in china, they dont even think about that they just can save .45 cents to have the same quality product and thats all they wanna know .Here we pay the 15 $ standard mmo fee and we definately dont get as much server stability (try any game out there ) not as much content (mod 7 and 8 =4 quests 2 raids for over 13 months worth of development ?)

Now there has been a lot of promises in this game, druids, guild housing, guild banks,half orcs etc etc state of the game adress.The content has been dropping constantly every module and the lagg has been proportionnally increasing and we pay the same price then other games out there.So far the only thing that prevented this game from dying is the name dungeons and dragons, look at the surveys to know how many from pnp are here and admitted die hard fans no matter what .

What color die were you using when you started at 12 years old who else than a die hard fan would even bother answer that ?

So to all the people saying its the customers job to get the game out there, when the company doesnt even do it , i say to you all maybe look at how other business work youre willing to do for a company that you pay a fee to monthly ,and they have steadily decreased what you get for that money content wise quality wise .

Servers crashing etc etc i mean get real guys you have given a lot more respect to turbine than they have given you .

More than year after the shroud is out you still cant recall out of the shroud it used to bring you to wavecrest tavern in harbor yeah they changed it now it brings you to korthos (so what happened there they moved the recall point from harbor to korthos ) what about meridia for a raid that has been out for more than a year you cant even RECALL OUT ?This is the kind of things i dare you to find a bug like that in any other mmo out there .For a year.How can this be excusable in any way how much respect can a company have for their customers when the most run quest out there on daily, weekly and monthly basis dont even have the proper recall point HOW CAN YOU DEFEND THAT?13 friggin months how many coding hours involved ? lets say 40 hours at 30 bucks an hour 1200 $ to have a proper recall point on the most run quest on 5 servers for all the remaining players so its not worth that ? Its not sad its pathetic.

I also suggest you to do the friends test, because love and objectivity rarely go well hand in hand .Invite one of your most thrusted friend or even better as many friends as you can that have mmo experience and ask em to watch you play ddo when shrouding ,and let them tell you what they think about it .

You ll then hear it from friends that have mmo experience and then you explain them that its like that everytime in the shroud or almost .Then ask YOURE FRIENDS if they would recommmend that game to their friends .

I will suppport a company that gives me the impression that they are doing their best for me and clearly here its not the case, its the strict minimum standard law and it will stay that way until the die hard fasn from 35 years pnp experience cant take it anymore .

So keep doing something than the company itself doesn't even do get it out there and try to market it and get it known and then think for 2 minutes what other company dont even make the effort of being known out there but expect there customers to do it just name me one other comapny like that one product .

Gnooj
03-19-2009, 03:41 PM
OK I voted.

Not as excited about it as I was last year.

I gotta say, our Birthday Party didn't really inspire me.

GL Turbine

Mirta
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM
No deal Turbine. You don't deserve my vote.

weyoun
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
What am i failing to understand really ? Since when is it the customers responsibility ?People want the more they can for theyre dollar it dont matter if it was made by a slave in china, they dont even think about that they just can save .45 cents to have the same quality product and thats all they wanna know .Here we pay the 15 $ standard mmo fee and we definately dont get as much server stability (try any game out there ) not as much content (mod 7 and 8 =4 quests 2 raids for over 13 months worth of development ?)

Now there has been a lot of promises in this game, druids, guild housing, guild banks,half orcs etc etc state of the game adress.The content has been dropping constantly every module and the lagg has been proportionnally increasing and we pay the same price then other games out there.So far the only thing that prevented this game from dying is the name dungeons and dragons, look at the surveys to know how many from pnp are here and admitted die hard fans no matter what .

What color die were you using when you started at 12 years old who else than a die hard fan would even bother answer that ?

So to all the people saying its the customers job to get the game out there, [/color="Blue"] when the company doesnt even do it , i say to you all maybe look at how other business work [/color] youre willing to do for a company that you pay a fee to monthly ,and they have steadily decreased what you get for that money content wise quality wise .

Servers crashing etc etc i mean get real guys you have given a lot more respect to turbine than they have given you .

More than year after the shroud is out you still cant recall out of the shroud it used to bring you to wavecrest tavern in harbor yeah they changed it now it brings you to korthos (so what happened there they moved the recall point from harbor to korthos ) what about meridia for a raid that has been out for more than a year you cant even RECALL OUT ?This is the kind of things i dare you to find a bug like that in any other mmo out there .For a year.

[/Color="red"]I also suggest you to do the friends test, because love and objectivity rarely go well hand in hand .Invite one of your most thrusted friend or even better as many friends as you can that have mmo experience and ask em to watch you play ddo when shrouding ,and let them tell you what they think about it .[/color]

You ll then hear it from friends that have mmo experience and then you explain them that its like that everytime in the shroud or almost .Then ask YOURE FRIENDS if they would recommmend that game to their friends .

I will suppport a company that gives me the impression that they are doing their best for me and clearly here its not the case, its the strict minimum standard law and it will stay that way until the die hard fasn from 35 years pnp experience cant take it anymore .

So keep doing something than the company itself doesn't even do get it out there and try to market it and get it known and then think for 2 minutes what other company dont even make the effort of being known out there but expect there customers to do it just name me one other comapny like that one product .

"You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world . . . .
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
all right, all right"

Lol dude. Hey man, I hear you bro. But if I can make a difference for Turbine, it doesn't hurt my cause, which is a healthy game.

weyoun
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
No deal Turbine. You don't deserve my vote.

I thought your sub was up Mirta? You .. . must have renewed? Hmm

Mockduck
03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Don't listen about the concept art, Tolero! It's awesome and I for one want to see it continue.

Boneyard
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Actually, that's good news... Everyone will be too busy playing to bother hitting some dumb web-site... How many votes would WE get on the day Mod 9 went live :)

They are crushing their opponent 922 to 148 at the moment, which if voting stays constant says we lose as we only have 773 votes right now.

Last I checked Turbine didnt exactly have the MTV audience that Bethesda does, for which I am entirely grateful. But, last time I was at multiplayerblog.mtv.com an advance copy of Fallout 3s expansion was being played by one of the interviewers, and the two things I could find about turbine on the site were some snippet about the direction of LOTR and an article saying LOTR wasnt worried about WOW.

But for the sake of argument lets get into the Fallout gamers head a bit...

Falloutboy: "Dude! I cant wait to play the Pitt, its been a whole month since the last expansion. What am I going to do during the download and update? Surf the web for stuff about fallout3! WHOOOOOOOA whats this? Someone says they make a game better than fallout3?!?!?!? Nay I say, NAY!"

All I'm saying is a rallying of the troops for a victory over Bethesda is worthy of a BIG reward, much bigger than when we defeat measly little Crash Bandicoot.

Theboz
03-19-2009, 04:01 PM
My Friend I grew up with works For NG, not a easy vote for me :)

Kalanth
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Dropped my vote for Turbine, though I am picking a different company to take the title this year.

noilli
03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
I would love to but my computer thinks the consumerist is an attack site.

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Nice job Kistilan, way to motivate the troops. http://img.funnyanimatedgifs.net/smileys/36_2_25.gif

Thanks! Props to Deathseeker though because he's the one that got me to say, "yeah let's do that!" And then Tolero of course said, "Yeah, let's do that!" So big heaps of thanks to those two for making it happen.

And as it stands at 1636 on Thursday, March 19 2009:

(1) Turbine 57.6% (901)
(16) Naughty Dog 42.4% (663)

Deathseeker
03-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks! Props to Deathseeker though because he's the one that got me to say, "yeah let's do that!" And then Tolero of course said, "Yeah, let's do that!" So big heaps of thanks to those two for making it happen.

Here's how Im going to look at it...

If we win and we get more info due to this, than yes, it was my idea.

If we don't win, and Tolero holds something back, then no, it was all Kistilan's idea!

:p

Gol
03-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm tempted to create a script that will register voter0001, check the catch-all email account for my domain, vote, and repeat with voter0002, etc...

And then make it available for download.

Borror0
03-19-2009, 04:44 PM

If we don't win, and Tolero holds something back, then no, it was all Kistilan's idea!
Sounds like a good deal time.

sativathered6977
03-19-2009, 04:48 PM
ok i voted for tunbine.....where is my +4 tome???lol j/k......i love ddo...it is my escape from the world.....

p.s. i want mod 9 too :D

Mirta
03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
I thought your sub was up Mirta? You .. . must have renewed? Hmm

Not yet.

Lifeblood
03-19-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm tempted to create a script that will register voter0001, check the catch-all email account for my domain, vote, and repeat with voter0002, etc...

And then make it available for download.

Not a good idea..

Mazeratti
03-19-2009, 06:05 PM
@ 10.00 GST Fri 20, 2009 -

Vote is

Turbine 58% (1039)
Naughty Dog 42% (751)

Thank you me for taking it from 1038 - 1039...

remember this Turbine when I approach you for a job in the future ;)

Jefro
03-19-2009, 06:14 PM
DDO the only mmo I enjoy now, I tried many mmo's and this one's community and content been good, and at least their customer support tries to help unlike EA's :p DDO is more cooperative play then PVP that most other mmo love to cater to. Plus we get to hear from Devs and see some in game, though DDO really has to work on how they handle events and event items to allow more people to participate.

Mazeratti
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I would love to but my computer thinks the consumerist is an attack site.

Yea....

I chose to ignore the warning bells and flashing lights my security system was throwing at me :(

I hope I dont live to regret that :(

Pentastic
03-19-2009, 06:22 PM
I will vote soon.....Haha! Last year, deserved my vote, this year you get a sympathy/benefit of the doubt vote. I can not promise the same next year.

Evisle
03-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Turbine vs. Betheseda would be a tough one if it gets that far.

I have been playing DDO faithfully for 3 plus years and it still holds my attention but Fallout 3 (played on the PC as it should be :D) was a fabulous game. Betheseda did a pretty darn good job updating the Fallout universe for the 21st century (last 5 minutes of the ending notwithstanding).

Tough tough choice.

I will play the Pitt and I will check back here for Tolero's tidbits. Whichever makes my jaw drop and say "Awesome!" more will get my vote. :)

Rog
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
turbine 1124
Naughty Dog 799

the sad part is have yet to begin to fight, and they are saying that we are cheating.
sombody should have told the dog not to bite a dragon on its tail.

Persig
03-19-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm really not too worried about losing to frackin crash bandicoot, and his doosch friend Jax. Nonetheless, my vote is cast and I will vote on the next rounds as well. Turbine ftw!

rest
03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Voted. Thanks for making an awesome game, Turbine.

Rog
03-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Turbine 59.1% (1201)
Naughty Dog 40.9% (831)

looks like we blowing them out of the water, and yes i am bored at work again and cant vote:(

Ollathir
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
here's How Im Going To Look At It...

If We Win And We Get More Info Due To This, Than Yes, It Was My Idea.

If We Don't Win, And Tolero Holds Something Back, Then No, It Was All Kistilan's Idea!

Hah!

Mazeratti
03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Match 1:

(1) Turbine vs. (16) Naughty Dog

(1) Turbine: 1245 | 854 : (16) Naughty Dog

Quanefel
03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Wish we had more people voting, we should be blowing Naughty Dog out of the water more...

Rog
03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Turbine vs. Betheseda would be a tough one if it gets that far.

I have been playing DDO faithfully for 3 plus years and it still holds my attention but Fallout 3 (played on the PC as it should be :D) was a fabulous game. Betheseda did a pretty darn good job updating the Fallout universe for the 21st century (last 5 minutes of the ending notwithstanding).

Tough tough choice.

I will play the Pitt and I will check back here for Tolero's tidbits. Whichever makes my jaw drop and say "Awesome!" more will get my vote. :)

yup they will give us problem I checked betheseda and she is at 1391 we are at 1251 if they stay loyal then we behind the power curve by a 140 voters.

Deathseeker
03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
yup they will give us problem I checked betheseda and she is at 1391 we are at 1251 if they stay loyal then we behind the power curve by a 140 voters.

Keep in mind some people are voting for Turbine and Bethesda, so when they go head-to-head those people will have to pick sides. Is Turbine drawing more people to the board that also happen to click on Bethesda, or is Bethesda drawing more people that happen to vote for Turbine? Once the votes become mutually exclusive, the company who can draw the most voters to that board will do well. MMO's have an advantage in this IMO due to their communities.

Wish we had more people voting, we should be blowing Naughty Dog out of the water more...

Dont forget many people are voting "against" Turbine and not so much for Naughty Dog. How do I know this? Because I went and voted against several others to hopefully help knock them off in the early rounds.

wak
03-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Turbine got my vote - great game despite the tech issues occuring, and I'm sure mod 9 will rock. Now for the druids...

Borror0
03-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Keep in mind that many think Turbine is so much ahead it's not worth the effort to register and vote.

Quanefel
03-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Keep in mind that many think Turbine is so much ahead it's not worth the effort to register and vote.

I can imagine that is the case. I will do what I can though to encourage people in game, guildmates and friends to take a few moments to put in a vote if they can. Even with people as upset as they are at Turbine for certain issues right now, it would be nice to see them shine ahead of all their competition regardless of anything else.

Belwaar
03-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Match 1: (1) Turbine vs. (16) Naughty Dog
(1) Turbine: 1321 | 892 :(16) Naughty Dog

Just voted! Go Turbine!! :D:D:D

Vuedoo
03-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Yes and this is the 16 seed dev team in our bracket So encourage them to register now for the tougher Brackets to come .. I think Valve is running in there bracket at 1500 or so votes compared to our 1300 and some presently in our bracket .

Rog
03-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Yes and this is the 16 seed dev team in our bracket So encourage them to register now for the tougher Brackets to come .. I think Valve is running in there bracket at 1500 or so votes compared to our 1300 and some presently in our bracket .

I thinking most of the votes for the dog was a vote against turbine and now its a ****ing match. good drama for a guy stuck at work, but we need more voters to take on round 2 i am sure:) i have 4 more hours at work before i can vote.

Solmage
03-19-2009, 09:57 PM
well let's just say that I have two lovely scaled ladies who've been oh so lonely until now :D

Ooooh! DQ and Velah have scales! And with the exception of a few misguided souls like me who visit them regularly, they've been quite a bit lonely... maybe you're adding +3 tomes to them and revamping some of the loot and/or looting chance? Maybe the re-flagging mechanisms? Inquiring minds want to know! :cool:

Borror0
03-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Ooooh! DQ and Velah have scales! And with the exception of a few misguided souls like me who visit them regularly, they've been quite a bit lonely... maybe you're adding +3 tomes to them and revamping some of the loot and/or looting chance? Maybe the re-flagging mechanisms? Inquiring minds want to know! :cool:
She's most likely hinting at DQ and the princess from PoP.

Both come from Shavarath and thus it's very likely we see more of their 'friends' once we finally enter Shavarath.

JakLee7
03-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I voted for turbine; yet somehow I feel dirty.....
ah well off to lvl my sorc

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 11:14 PM
You scruffy look'n nerf herder!!! :mad:

Here's how Im going to look at it...

Strype.McClaine
03-19-2009, 11:15 PM
She's most likely hinting at DQ and the princess from PoP.

Both come from Shavarath and thus it's very likely we see more of their 'friends' once we finally enter Shavarath.

Concider the female NPCs in the game (that is to say, the obviously female due to story issues).

Aussircaex The White Dragon
Velah The Red Dragon
Queen Lailat the Marilith
Princess Aurelia the Marilith
Xy'zzy, Mother Hound of Xoriat

I may have missed a few, but this is a basic start here...

Now then, the dragons, AND the Marilith have scales...
People still run prison of the planes, quite a bit (not as much since the xp nerf though)
Lailat and Velah are run, well, rarely now. People run Velah, once or twice just to level, and maybe with a guild as a "Easier fun bonding experience with the new members and less skilled"
Lailat, is a bare to key for, even with her hold of some of the best loot in the game...Yea, Dustless boots, jerky pouch, Green Blade, Staff of arcane might, Torc de Ryum III, Sandstorm goggles...

They are barely run, and yet, mostly only due to the issue of endlessly re-keying
Yea, that is an atomic bomb sized hint...
Thank you tolero, shame that one had to wait till this mod, instead of mod 8

Rog
03-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Its been hinted that we are headed for a turbine/blizzard beatdown. If we take on wow and put them back in there place. Then i think we should get a big ty from are dev team, and mybe somthing on mod 9:)

Elsiah
03-20-2009, 02:47 AM
I voted last year. Hell, I convinced my friends who play WOW to vote for Turbine last year. Nothin doin this year. This place has been a royal disaster the last six months and there is no way I would even waste my time.

you wouldn't waste your time, yet you still spend 15 bucks playing? that seems a bit backward to me.

DoctorWhofan
03-20-2009, 03:07 AM
you wouldn't waste your time, yet you still spend 15 bucks playing? that seems a bit backward to me.

I wouldn't worry about him, he's been complaining for awhile now. I believe the has been asked that very same question. I'm too tired to look for threads now.

DoctorWhofan
03-20-2009, 03:17 AM
1525 Turbine
1011 Naughty Dog

Rog
03-20-2009, 03:49 AM
blizzard only has 1400 votes almost. we are at 1500 i think. i know it cheezy but everybody that voted for turbine put support for wideload and lets knock out blizzard in the first round:) chump the boys

DoctorWhofan
03-20-2009, 04:07 AM
1534 to 1017...

ThrasherGT
03-20-2009, 06:11 AM
1568 to 1038..........Keep it up guys and gals!

Kreaper
03-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Didn't they win last year? Who did they hire to fix the lag then?

All of you guys keep trying to convince us how much of a benefit it would be if Turbine won. What benefit came from them winning last year? What did it change?

Thrudh
03-20-2009, 07:46 AM

All of you guys keep trying to convince us how much of a benefit it would be if Turbine won. What benefit came from them winning last year? What did it change?

I see a lot more new players this year... I see multiple instances of the Marketplace and Gianthold and Meridia...

Not saying there is a direct correlation, but any advertising we get is good...

Mellkor
03-20-2009, 07:56 AM
My vote went to someone other than Turbine. Turbine did not earn my vote this year. Development has been very poor compared to other companies this year. I hate to say that but that is how I see it. DDO is still my favorite MMO, but development wise DDO has been very disapointing the past year.

-JR

Deathseeker
03-20-2009, 08:03 AM

To answer this, one would have to know what it would have been like had they not won. How many subscribers did this translate to, how much revenue, etc. Obviously that can't be stated. Instead, we are applying a logical assumption that more publicty likely translates to more subscribers with likely translates to more revenue which helps ensure further game development.

Publicity => More Subscribers => More Revenue => More development

So...can you show any reason that the above logic does not hold? Not specific examples of how there might be an exception to the above, but can you show how losing somehow more likely benefits us than winning?

For all we know we'd have less content or less development in mod 9 if they didnt win. I doubt its that big of a deal in either direction, but the point is you can't point to a problem (lag) and state winning didnt help anything.

nytewolf
03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
I see a lot more new players this year... I see multiple instances of the Marketplace and Gianthold and Meridia...

Not saying there is a direct correlation, but any advertising we get is good...

While we might have alot more new players and advertising might be good for Turbine. How is it good for us? Lag gets worse yet nothing has been fixed. We seem to be getting less and less communication from Turbine.

We are getting longer and longer delays between Mods (Last Mod was 10/29/2008) we are about to reach 5 months since Mod 8 was added and at this point it looks like Mod 9 is no where in sight.

We have been at level cap for 14 months now and honestly myself and many others (not saying all of the player base) disliked the Dragon Touched grindfest added in Mod 8. Many consider monks from Mod 7 a failure unless its just a splash (Which has caused several nerf the monk splash threads).

So again what benefit is there to the current player base to vote for Turbine? I really like DDO but it seems that perhaps my feelings and the feelings of many regarding DDO do not match the feelings about DDO by those who make the budget and design decisions. (Please understand I am not referring to people such as Tolero, Tarrant and Eladrin or any of our wonderful team that communicates with us when they can.)

Deathseeker
03-20-2009, 08:39 AM
While we might have alot more new players and advertising might be good for Turbine. How is it good for us? Lag gets worse yet nothing has been fixed. We seem to be getting less and less communication from Turbine.

We are getting longer and longer delays between Mods (Last Mod was 10/29/2008) we are about to reach 5 months since Mod 8 was added and at this point it looks like Mod 9 is no where in sight.

We have been at level cap for 14 months now and honestly myself and many others (not saying all of the player base) disliked the Dragon Touched grindfest added in Mod 8. Many consider monks from Mod 7 a failure unless its just a splash (Which has caused several nerf the monk splash threads).

So again what benefit is there to the current player base to vote for Turbine? I really like DDO but it seems that perhaps my feelings and the feelings of many regarding DDO do not match the feelings about DDO by those who make the budget and design decisions. (Please understand I am not referring to people such as Tolero, Tarrant and Eladrin or any of our wonderful team that communicates with us when they can.)

Ok, so explain how them losing the contest will benefit you? How will it be helpful if they lose?

Seems like there are two schools of thought...

Losing => Wakeup call for Turbine => Turbine will develop more content and fix lag

Winning=> More publicity => More subscribers => More ability to invest => Turbine will develop more content and fix lag

Which is more likely? Both scenarios are probably very minor in terms of their overall effect, but I certainly think its more likely the second one leads to a better game than the first.

The debate isnt whether winning will help or not...the debate is whether winning is better than losing.

Warhulk
03-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Turbine has my vote. Been playing since the beginning and will continue to play.

Vuedoo
03-20-2009, 08:55 AM

Simple answer ... Positive Backing which Turbine Deserves = Bigger Client Base = More Resources for Turbine to Improve DDO

miceelf88
03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
I tried to vote for Turbine, but i think I lagged out.

in all seriousness, any resources turbine acquires from any wins however indirectly, appear likely to go to LOTRO and not DDO. I love DDO and love the devs who communicate with us, but the lag situation on thelanis tells me all I need to know about where DDO is on Turbine's priority list and where any benefits from winning this contest would go.

If I loved LOTRO, I'd be voting multiple times for Turbine. Given that they appear to have actually downgraded servers, I can't in good conscience reward them.

Borror0
03-20-2009, 10:41 AM
in all seriousness, any resources turbine acquires from any wins however indirectly, appear likely to go to LOTRO and not DDO.
If they win, they only win visibility. Both will benefit, though maybe LotRO a bit more since it is the most known of the two.

miceelf88
03-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Borror, I understand that, but seriously, they've done something to f*** up the thelanis server since the last time they won.

And, given that as things stand now, I can't run the shroud any time, or any adventure during peak times, a situation that has been going on for months with no resolution, the last thing I want to be doing is anything that will increase the number of people on the server. if I trusted turbine (NOT the devs here) to actually put some investment in server capacity, I'd feel very differently.

but the lag situation and apparent refusal to go back to whatever servers they were using that USED to work makes me pretty glum.

Borror0
03-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Borror, I understand that, but seriously, they've done something to f*** up the thelanis server since the last time they won.
There's another server race coming in M9 and they want to give us a challenge.

Didn't you get the memo?

but the lag situation and apparent refusal to go back to whatever servers they were using that USED to work makes me pretty glum.
It can't be anything. I doubt they are purposely driving their customers away and are actively trying to fix it.

Seems like it's not an easy fix.

Pyromaniac
03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm abstaining from voting this year. Lack of content, missing mod 9 release dates twice with no 3rd date available, horrific lag issues. Poor communication to the fan base publically. Don't see how Turbine can honestly win unless the LOTR fans are bringing the victory home.

miceelf88
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
In all seriousness, my best guess as to what happened is that some higher-ups decided to "save money' on servers and "found a better deal" on servers. Downgrading the hardware.

What the devs are probably tasked with is finding a programming solution to the hardware problem, because the suits decided on the new servers and are unwilling to revisit that decision.

I certainly agree that no one is purposefully screwing with our servers, but some higher up changed the servers, they won't be changed back, and our poor devs are trying to figure out how to make do with less server capacity than they used to have.

I agree it's not an easy fix, if my theory is right. it's also reflective of the priority within turbine.

Rog
03-20-2009, 11:59 AM

they still have a job this year unlike many.

Borror0
03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
In all seriousness, my best guess as to what happened is that some higher-ups decided to "save money' on servers and "found a better deal" on servers. Downgrading the hardware.
Hilariously wrong. They will lose more from poor hardware than they could ever lose from paying for "too good" hardware.

Mindspat
03-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I play both EVE Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online. The improvements made to EVE and communication by CCP's developers are vastly superior to what Turbine does in every way. Regardless of how much I enjoy either game I find myself having to look at the trinsic differences in gains made to the gameplay between the two's development and support of their products. CCP wins in every way.

The developers who work on DDO do a good job although Turbine does not appear to give them enough support to make the game nearly as good as it could be. For all purposes it not only feels as if DDO is being developed on a minimal budget but the improvements and additions to the game environment kind of reinforce that.

CCP deserves this more then Turbine in every way. Sorry guys and gals but it's the truth.

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't like Turbine or DDO, but only that CCP is vastly superior at what they both try to do.

Thrudh
03-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Hilariously wrong. They will lose more from poor hardware than they could ever lose from paying for "too good" hardware.

You're still in school, right Borror?

You'd be amazed how stupid the suits can be. Short-term profits, bonus... move on before bone-head decision costs long-term profits.

miceelf88
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM
I agree completely. Which is why I used the quotation marks. I think IF they switched servers, it was a bad decision.

I am also familiar with boneheaded decisions made by executives, unfortunately, which folk lower down the totem pole have to clean up after without reversing.. I am also not sure, absent a change in server, how to account for the current situation in terms of lag.

Borror0
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM
You'd be amazed how stupid the suits can be. Short-term profits, bonus... move on before bone-head decision costs long-term profits.
Oh, I know that much but usually they don't make decisions so blatantly stupid and that yields more short term profits than this.

But yeah, I have seen stupid things happen, like closing a department saving 4M per year...

Vuedoo
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Current Standings

Round 1polls are open.

North Standings

Match 1: (1) Turbine vs. (16) Naughty Dog
(1) Turbine: 1718 | 1159 :(16) Naughty Dog

Match 2: (8) Traveller's Tales vs. (9) SEGA
(8) Traveller's Tales: 644 | 1475 :(9) SEGA

Match 3: (5) Bethesda vs. (12) Treyarch
(5) Bethesda: 1925 | 325 :(12) Treyarch

Match 4: (4) 2K Sports vs. (13) Treasure
(4) 2K Sports : 870 | 1101 :(13) Treasure

Match 5: (6) Lionhead vs. (11) Red Fly
(6) Lionhead: 1748 | 376 :(11) Red Fly

Match 6: (3) Capcom vs. (14) Eidos
(3) Capcom: 1424 | 709 :(14) Eidos

Match 7: (7) CCP vs. (10) EA Canada
(7) CCP: 1119 | 1009 :(10) EA Canada

Match 8: (2) Valve vs. (15) id Software
(2) Valve: 1882 | 514 :(15) id Software

Rog
03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I agree completely. Which is why I used the quotation marks. I think IF they switched servers, it was a bad decision.

I am also familiar with boneheaded decisions made by executives, unfortunately, which folk lower down the totem pole have to clean up after without reversing.. I am also not sure, absent a change in server, how to account for the current situation in terms of lag.

this is the problem with middle management you get **** on by the lower level poeple and you get told to do things by upper management thats sux ass, and is going to get you flamed. this is the reason old school workers would tell you keep your promotion i dont want the job. in todays world you take the money when you can. in the navy there is a saying **** rolls down hill. to make the **** roll up hill you better be rightious and united in your course. we know we are getting screwed ,and i know that most people that play the game is like like me we love rolling 20 sided. i dont have that option any more .i have ddo and if this game is going to last then we together as a group need to make the **** roll up hill without flaming are dev team to the point where all they want to do is smoke drink and go home to ***** about there job. I dont know how to get that done but if there is a way then we need to find it.

thatguy
03-20-2009, 02:49 PM

This is all well and good, but when? Consistent, daily news would be really a nice change of pace. You can only say "its coming soon" for so long until people turn there backs for good. Lack of communication turns me and I am sure many others off. Its just not good to keep the customer base in the dark. I could never get away with it, that's for sure. Yes, the tidbits that have come out are nice but it isn't enough IMHO. For that reason I didn't vote Turbine.

Strype.McClaine
03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
This is all well and good, but when? Consistent, daily news would be really a nice change of pace. You can only say "its coming soon" for so long until people turn there backs for good. Lack of communication turns me and I am sure many others off. Its just not good to keep the customer base in the dark. I could never get away with it, that's for sure. Yes, the tidbits that have come out are nice but it isn't enough IMHO. For that reason I didn't vote Turbine.

At the same time, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Its an atomic bomb sized hint

Tolero
03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
In good faith of the voting results, I bestow upon thee this official discussion (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=176309)

miceelf88
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks, Tolero- That's really great, and I appreciate all your efforts.

But, honestly, with the lag situation, at least on thelanis, it makes it real hard to enjoy/experience/appreciate any of these new and very good developments.

Belwaar
03-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks Tolero!!

For those STILL whining...give it a rest! We've all been wanting this Permaflag for DQ for it seems like forever...

We're getting it! Rejoice! I'll run this sooooooo much more now :D:D:D:D:D

DoctorWhofan
03-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Latest 1855 Turbine, naughty Dog 1330. A little gain by them. And we win for longest thread by a mile! Woot! DDO Trolls!

Kistilan
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Latest 1855 Turbine, naughty Dog 1330. A little gain by them. And we win for longest thread by a mile! Woot! DDO Trolls!

LOL

Is that really cause to celebrate? It means we have time to troll instead of play... :rolleyes:

TechNoFear
03-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Noticed how the query to get your character info (feats, enhancements) now takes a long time and causes the client to lag?

Something has been done to the DB server.

Sorry but not in the real world.

Upper management get rewarded on a short term basis and strive to maximise their bonuses before the end of the finacial year.

I responded to a tender to put video capture on mining trains, required as the plan was to make them driverless (robotic) [now put on hold due to the downturn].

Trouble is the temps ave over 50C in the cab (without aircon) and vibration will kill a normal HD in less than an hour. Normally I use CF cards and EWF protection but needed more speed for the 600x400 24bit images at 10/sec and a week of data before overwrite). Only alternative was a very BIG ruggedised HD.

Total cost was over US$30K per loco (inc the same IPC as the Apache attack helos with no moving parts, IR camera, WiFi, GPS etc) but it would have met all the requirements. [company has >100 locos inc grinders, tampers and shunters]

As the risk is a loss of >US$10mill per day lost, cost was not excessive.

Company went with the cheap solution, which in practice lasts less than a day before breaking....

Strype.McClaine
03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Wow, it must be late, the pc abbreviations are blending with dnd feat abbreviation...
EWF....
E weapon fighting...
Electronic Weapon Fighting....

I call an EWF elf rogue in the future

ThrasherGT
03-21-2009, 02:27 PM
It's over! On to the next round!

DoctorWhofan
03-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Trubine vs. Sega...and the Escapist's regulars hating us. WE CAN DO IT!!! DDO EU and LotRO (did not see any AC people) are active.

Quanefel
03-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Trubine vs. Sega...and the Escapist's regulars hating us. WE CAN DO IT!!! DDO EU and LotRO (did not see any AC people) are active.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/375.100690 <----New vote thread. Although it does not open until the 23rd, maybe it will give us enough time to rally up more support here and in LoTR and AC. Yeah, some of the Escapists seem a bit angery and want to do their best to see us lose. >.o

Boneyard
03-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Ya know, seems like we had THE most voted on poll. Heck the loser in our matchup had more votes than some of the winners. There is some major anti-Turbine sentiment brewing.

Quanefel
03-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Ya know, seems like we had THE most voted on poll. Heck the loser in our matchup had more votes than some of the winners. There is some major anti-Turbine sentiment brewing.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Last round and its already starting this round. Just hope people avoid getting banned there by responding to their drivel, they seem to have it out for us as it is.

Hopefully since we have a few days before next vote we can rally our guilds and all the servers, as well as getting the LotR players/AC to join us in this vote.

By the way, when anyone signs up be SURE to get your account verified so you can post in the forums there AND be able to vote. They will send you an e-mail with a link to get your account verified when you are logged in already. Just check, my reminder was at the bottom of the page when I was viewing forums.

cardmj1
03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I have an idea. Let's make this a contest within a contest. Most of us here on the forums are guild leaders/officers. Let's rally our guildies to vote on Escapist. Why not see which guild can rally the most votes? Our numbers on votes should at the very, very, very least double. Oh, and the guildy has to post in the forum a vote for Turbine and the guild name in a message to get credit for the guild.

muffinlad
03-21-2009, 07:35 PM
I have an idea. Let's make this a contest within a contest. Most of us here on the forums are guild leaders/officers. Let's rally our guildies to vote on Escapist. Why not see which guild can rally the most votes? Our numbers on votes should at the very, very, very least double. Oh, and the guildy has to post in the forum a vote for Turbine and the guild name in a message to get credit for the guild.

Who am I voting for again?.....

Ok, all kidding aside, I can't bring myself, or to ask others, to vote in this. It means nothing. If you wish to, be my guest, but I am not here to support corporate awards that have so little impact.

Seems a waste of time, and if I had to look at performance, undeserved.

muffingrump

Kistilan
03-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Don't hate the player.

Hate the Game.

:D

.: <3 Turbine Players.

Stormanne
03-21-2009, 11:37 PM
My favorite so far is the "Turbine has an unfair advantage because it's posted on their forums and launcher." So far, of the 12 sites I've checked, 8 have it up as well (9 if I count us).

Boneyard
03-22-2009, 02:01 AM

See if it was a percentage of the guild that you got to sign up I'm sure I could win this. My guild has about 7 active members at this point, and its not very hard to talk to all seven personally and get them to do it.

cardmj1
03-22-2009, 02:30 AM
See if it was a percentage of the guild that you got to sign up I'm sure I could win this. My guild has about 7 active members at this point, and its not very hard to talk to all seven personally and get them to do it.

hmmm.... didn't think of that. Sorry, springbreak was suppose to be relaxing and instead turned into 3 research papers and too much homework. At least I got some game time in.

Stormanne
03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
So, to those that have been monitoring the Escapist event...Do I come off as preachy?? LMAO
:D:D:D

Quanefel
03-22-2009, 10:07 PM
My favorite so far is the "Turbine has an unfair advantage because it's posted on their forums and launcher." So far, of the 12 sites I've checked, 8 have it up as well (9 if I count us).

Na, my favorite is some of them making their own rules with the rules that Escapist has set up. Like people not having x amount of posts should be not allowed. People who play any Turbine game should not be allowed.

Or them bragging about voting against Turbine simply because they don't like the idea that Turbine could win.

What other "rules" are they going to toss at us that is made up on the fly like that?

Kalari
03-22-2009, 10:25 PM
So, to those that have been monitoring the Escapist event...Do I come off as preachy?? LMAO

Nah but some of their posters are annoying with that notice that none of them will try to argue what I post because its true why wouldnt we vote to support a game we love? And it brought them new forum members. So they need to hush bunch of cry baby pansies anyway lol.

Kistilan
03-22-2009, 11:58 PM

I say rip off their heads and **** down their throats.

Start talk'n smack on their forums (in a polite manner)

"We who are about to die, Salute You!" - Tigrus, Gladiator.

KuRRuPT
03-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Last year you guys shocked the world by driving Turbine through every round to claim the overall title. This year we’re back as the #1 seed! Can you prove to the naysayers that it wasn’t just a fluke? Surely our top seeded community can trump 16th ranked Naughty Dog! Vote for Turbine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournament/index) in the North Division! Registration (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/registration/) is quick, easy, and necessary. Hurry, round one ends tomorrow!

You know you got my vote /signed

Mazeratti
03-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Drama....do I smell drama ?!?!?

...OMG ....

LOL we have drama, yes!

No its not another whingefest on argo, or the Respec Cantata....

Well then Im gonna put in my two bits and then go.

Here it goes for the record.

My "game maker" is better than your "game maker" so Neerrrr :p:p:p

Kadran
03-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Started today. Get out there and show your support for the developers of a game we all love!

baylensman
03-23-2009, 08:09 AM
we're behind in round two!! let's get voting

Thrudh
03-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Yep, Sega is pulling away from us...

There are a LOT of posts on their boards about people voting against us, and not for Sega... They can't stand that we won last year, and won the first round this year...

Get on there and vote!

Quanefel
03-23-2009, 08:40 AM
My vote has been cast for this second round. Those elitists over there want a battle, I say we give them one.

lethal413
03-23-2009, 08:44 AM

plz post these websites on the turbine thread to make the whining babies over at the escapist ****

cardmj1
03-23-2009, 09:06 AM
North: (1) Turbine vs (9) SEGA
(1) Turbine
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/media/images/spacer.gif
41.2% (82)(9) SEGA
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/media/images/spacer.gif
58.8% (117)

We have 2 days (started this morning at 9 am) to beat Sega. Get out the vote!

Warhulk
03-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Got my vote in. I was reading the forums over there and I guess I missed something. Why do they hate Turbine so much?

Quanefel
03-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Got my vote in. I was reading the forums over there and I guess I missed something. Why do they hate Turbine so much?

I can imagine for whatever reasons they have built up in their heads as to why they hate Turbine. All the more reason to sign up and vote for Turbine if anything just to stick it to those people who are acting so rude towards Turbine and to us players.

weyoun
03-23-2009, 09:28 AM
For the record, there are a lot of morons over on those boards. The moderator just posted that no more accusations of cheating are allowed. Finally.

Turbine will catch up. Most of us are at work and its a Monday so the #'s will jump as folks clear the quagmire of Monday morning and have a chance to check the forums.

Turbine FTW.

Quanefel
03-23-2009, 09:37 AM
For the record, there are a lot of morons over on those boards. The moderator just posted that no more accusations of cheating are allowed. Finally.

Turbine will catch up. Most of us are at work and its a Monday so the #'s will jump as folks clear the quagmire of Monday morning and have a chance to check the forums.

Turbine FTW.

I just noticed that as well, but it will not prevent those jokers for getting people to vote for Sega just to cause Turbine to lose.

BronwynnBane
03-23-2009, 10:16 AM
(1) Turbine 46.8% (176)
(9) SEGA 53.2% (200)

As of 10:15am CST

Dizrol
03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
That the servers are down for a restart........gosh, I should go vote for Turbine over on the Escapist forum.

Althor
03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Being the developer means they are responsible for the game, from top to bottom. Passing the buck and saying that it's a technical service just does not hold any water for me. It's their game, ergo it's their issue. The game is growing unplayable for many, and I know of a lot people who've left the game in disgust over the lag. To me, when people leave the game, for any reason, the developer has failed.

I love this game as much as any around here. I want it to succeed and flourish. However, I can still be critical of Turbine no matter how much I enjoy the game and respect their work. Looking at it objectively, they have not performed as a world class developer over the past year in regards to DDO. The content output has been dismal, they outsourced the servers, and now, probably as a result of said outsourcing - the lag is game altering for many. I love the game, but Turbine does not deserve my vote this year.

I don't really encounter lag. I recently purchased a new computer, quad core system with 6gb of ram running in 64-bit OS. It was purchased primary for my home-based business as a business tool but I also game on it. Instantly after running DDO, I was popping and jerking all over the screen. My first thought was "lag" also. However, being smart and saavy and realizing, that the change in computers resulted in lag, I took a look at my graphics card, which was not top of the line. So I Took a gamble and purchased a top of the line graphics card, which also required me to replace the power supply in my brand new machine as the new card needed 500w of power. Put the new uber graphics card in, new power supply booted up, and now ZERO jerkiness, with one exception, and thats Hounds of Xoriat quest, and the occassional BURP which I attribute to network bandwidth from any POP (not prison of the planes) location between my connection and the servers.

A) The problem of Lag was my graphics card (not turbines problem)

B) The problem of occasional Lag can happen with ANYTHING, Any Game, Any FTP operation, Any HTTP Operation. Its called normal internet hiccups.

So, whereas I feel your pain, and am not discounting it. There are other things you could take a look at to rule out before blaming turbine. Now, Im not voting for turbine, at least for now and I did vote for turbine last year, is because of lack of Customer Service. Whereas Customer Service may not have anything to do with developers, I still feel its all encompassing if you have great development and lack of Customer Service after the sale, then it effects the overall enjoyment of the game.

The other issue I have is how turbine changes things that cause characters to no longer have abilities they once had. I Realize the EULA says "experience during gameplay may change" - however, Im ok with that, but give us abilities to respect a character vs. rerolling a character when you make changes that significantly change the characters abilities when you built that character according to the rules Turbine layed out.

My next grip is how turbine MODIFIES quests simply because we used a set of spells or weapons or technique to accomplish a quest, yet it wasn't how "turbine developers" envisioned you "SHOULD" accomplish it, simply because THEY didn't think of it. I feel the ingenuity should be rewarded not diminished. Just because turbine didn't like how a cleric could knock Titan on his rear vs. using a pillar doesn't discount the ingenuity of a team of players coming up with a solution to a puzzle and since it worked, give them a pat on the back. but instead Turbine decides to change the encounter becuase we didn't do it the way they thought we should. Thats just one example. I personally don't have problems using pillers, however the issue is how people figured out other solutions that worked. Turbine calls it cheating, and I say "you give me a spell, i use it, how can that be cheating?"

If this were PnP, a DM may have an idea on how someting should be done, he/she designs a dungeoun and figures there is a solution that he thought of and its your job to figure out the solution, yet your players figure a different one out, and accomplish it. Does the DM say "Im sorry, I didn't like the way you accomplished it, so Im ruling it out" No, instead the DM SHOULD say "wow, what a great idea you guys came up with"

So they don't get my vote for these reasons.

Elaril
03-23-2009, 10:48 AM
That the servers are down for a restart........gosh, I should go vote for Turbine over on the Escapist forum.

You should have time now.

Elaril
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't really encounter lag.

LoL GTFO

Kalari
03-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Put in my vote

Called out their regulars

yep my morning madness is saited.

I dont get why they are so ****ed off with people showing support for game developers they like. It would be like us turning new posters away for just joining the game.

"OH no you didnt post in our forums! Come back when you have 3 capped toons!"

Thats what the escapist nonsense seems to me, instead of trying to make it where their forums are interesting enough not to troll in but actually want to take part in their regs are being inconsiderate and flame baiting in the worst way.

Yeah makes me really want to stay...hmm maybe I can use their forums to go into she beast mode when the forum trolls here tick me off. Maybe next time I see a quote from Bran that annoys me I'll take that rage over there :)

After all I like these forums too much to get in trouble here hehe

Quanefel
03-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Now one is suggesting he is going to play dirty by going to other gaming websites just to gather anti-Turbine votes. Nice, eh?

Kalari
03-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah I will give them one thing their trolls beat our trolls since the powers that be here reign in their worst. But could you imagine if the more argumentative posters here started going toe to toe in their forums? I think AD would make many of their heads explode lol.

They cant handle his logic ^_^

Lawrence_V._Sullivan
03-23-2009, 11:38 AM
last year i didnt vote because i couldnt be bothered to regester and whatnot, but i just went over and started reading all the bile they were spewing about us as a community, and it got me moving. my vote is now in for Turbine!! bet they will feel stupid when they realize that they helped push Turbine to the top by being total *****es hehe.

Vuedoo
03-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Current Standings

Round 2 polls are open.

North Standings

Match 1: North: (1) Turbine vs (9) SEGA
(1) Turbine: 360 | 329 :(9) SEGA

Match 2: (5) Bethesda vs (13) Treasure
(5) Bethesda: 452 | 113 :(13) Treasure

Match 3: (3) Capcom vs (6) Lionhead
(3) Capcom: 280 | 265 :(6) Lionhead

Match 4: (2) Valve vs (7) CCP
(2) Valve : 457 | 165 :(7) CCP

Quanefel
03-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah I will give them one thing their trolls beat our trolls since the powers that be here reign in their worst. But could you imagine if the more argumentative posters here started going toe to toe in their forums? I think AD would make many of their heads explode lol.

They cant handle his logic ^_^

I was able to get that one guy to back off. He basically said it was not worth it. lol As much as I would love to tear into him, I know they are itching for us to say one thing wrong to get us banned and get our votes tossed out. Since if you get banned, any vote you cast gets tossed out as well. At least that is what I read, its best not to tempt fate. At least until the contest is over....*Ahem*

Kalari
03-23-2009, 12:09 PM
yep ive been reigning it in cause I want to see turbine threw and glad you got him to, that whole need 20 posts to vote is just stupid. So I could go and post lol over and over get up to 20 just to vote? And sorry just joining up in any forums its going to take awhile to just jump into a topic unless your one who just wants to have your opinion everywhere.

I just dont see myself having as many posts there as I do here, like the people here waay better and their forums makes me appreciate this one a whole lot more now.

*hugs* the ddo forums even the trolls lol

Vuedoo
03-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I just dont see myself having as many posts there as I do here, like the people here waay better and their forums makes me appreciate this one a whole lot more now.

*hugs* the ddo forums even the trolls lol

/Signed:)

Talish
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Voted.

Hubby won't be voting though. Since we share an internet connection the two accounts would look like they were coming from the same person so we figure one vote is better than getting two votes disqualified.

Kraldor
03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Let's just scrape out another win so we can get some more Mod 9 info.

Quanefel
03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Something one of the moderators wrote when telling people to who were bashing on MMO's...

"For the record, this is how it worked last year and we ended up having quite a few people learn about the awesome content we have here at the Escapist that would have never realized it otherwise. So I would have to say "Thank You!" to Turbine and all the other developers that decided to participate in this.

Every developer has had the exact same options, some decided to participate and have fun with this, while others have decided to vote but not voice to their communities to those that have decided to do nothing at all.

Turbine's community is very passionate group, nothing wrong with that. In fact, the Blizzard fans are probably too busy complaining about the upcoming 3.1 patch to care. I know I am unhappy about the DK nerfs while Paladins keep cruising along."

I'd say yes, we are VERY passionate here. :D

weyoun
03-23-2009, 01:04 PM
We are losing ground ATM.

(1) Turbine 52.4% (479)
(9) SEGA 47.6% (435)

I'm ungabunga over there. Oh and I've been very successful shutting up the idiots. Just a little logic and they shrivel like mushrooms in the sunlight.

Kalari
03-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Yep I think they cannot handle mature arguments and are looking more for

"You shut up" "No you shut up" Turbine Rulez and finding that many of us players are mature adults who are passionate about our game. ^_^ Kinda like when they back track and go "oh were not saying that were saying...uhnn.."

yeah Uhnnn you say in one breath you dont like how Escapist is letting people bring in voters, but then you like having new forum members...

Right...get off your schools computer and pay attention junior maybe you'll stop contradicting yourself.

That sums up the negative posters in that forums to me.

Lorichie
03-23-2009, 01:10 PM
We are losing ground ATM.

(1) Turbine 52.4% (479)
(9) SEGA 47.6% (435)

I'm ungabunga over there. Oh and I've been very successful shutting up the idiots. Just a little logic and they shrivel like mushrooms in the sunlight.

Simply speaking numbers here, not who should or shouldnt vote, if we cant outpace Sega faster than this, we gonna get stomped when we go against the big B or Valve.

And keep up the stomping Ungabunga :D

R

Stormanne
03-23-2009, 05:07 PM
plz post these websites on the turbine thread to make the whining babies over at the escapist ****

Oh, I already did, and it seems that since the facts counter their arguments, they're ignoring them...lmao

weyoun
03-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Here's some of the love we're getting over on the escapist forums:

Turbine who? Your the Orc lovers right?

EDIT: When Turbine manage to make a game thats stood the test of time, and is etched in gamer folklore then give me a shout. Right about know all I associate Turbine with is a low rent MMO with a sturdy fanbase of loyal sheep.

Keep up the good work guys Im sure you'll prove that your the best again. Incidentally did you all vote for Bush a couple of years ago aswell?

Quality folks over there.

Darkwolf1071
03-25-2009, 01:37 AM
Here's some of the love we're getting over on the escapist forums:

Quality folks over there.

Let'em have what for man, you're way smarter than that.

Deuce
03-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, polls are closed for Round 2 – and Turbine has won their slot again. I do believe that, should this occur, we were promised something by Tolero….