PDA

View Full Version : New player to the game

Meerschaum
03-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I just started playing this game this weekend. I've been playing MMO's since UO from years back. If anyone is interested in schooling me a little, I'll be on most all of tonight, starting around 4:30 central time. I started a human cleric named Meerschaum and am following the premade warpriest path while I learn the game. Up to level 3 so far. Just made it out of the harbor. Send me a tell if you get bored tonight. I'll be sipping scotch and exploring.

As an aside: These forums have to be the most friendly, informative MMO forums that I have ever checked out.

Deadz
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
As an aside: These forums have to be the most friendly, informative MMO forums that I have ever checked out.

YOu apparently haven't met most of us, i just told a guy i wanted to kick him in the junk for no reason...

Deadz
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I mean welcome to the DDO Forums, enjoy your stay.

WeaselKing
03-18-2009, 02:55 PM
If you're lucky Gunga Claus will come and ruin all illusions of friendliness on these forums. Leave a plate of Noobsausage by the fireplace and he is sure to come.

Meerschaum
03-18-2009, 03:12 PM
After the rowdiness of last night, a little junk kicking is tame >.> what? I work at an Irish pub on St. Patricks Day.

HeavenlyCloud
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Gimme beeeeeeeer! And welcome.

Deadz
03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
If you're lucky Gunga Claus will come and ruin all illusions of friendliness on these forums. Leave a plate of Noobsausage by the fireplace and he is sure to come.
Gunga? that kitten?

Talish
03-18-2009, 03:16 PM
After the rowdiness of last night, a little junk kicking is tame >.> what? I work at an Irish pub on St. Patricks Day.

LOL Welcome to DDO

Argo has a help channel. type /joinchannel help.

then preface your messages with /1

You should meet a bunch of helpful people in channel.

Meerschaum
03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Argonnessen...and I hate to say it, but I'm all out of beer. All I have to offer is chicken salad, two kitties and some pocket lint.

Deadz
03-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Send deadz a tell if you have questions and see him on..err me on..

I am afk alot, but if i see the tell i'll respond, if i don't, i have daughter watching duty.

HeavenlyCloud
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Argonnessen...and I hate to say it, but I'm all out of beer. All I have to offer is chicken salad, two kitties and some pocket lint.

i'll take a kitty.

Meerschaum
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
you want the lazy one or the neurotic but cute one?

HeavenlyCloud
03-18-2009, 03:34 PM
you want the lazy one or the neurotic but cute one?

Whichever it will serve as a sacrifice to the Mad God of Argonnessen. Since people told me it was bad to sacrifice halflings.

Rav'n
03-18-2009, 03:38 PM
LOL Welcome to DDO

Argo has a help channel. type /joinchannel help.

then preface your messages with /1

You should meet a bunch of helpful people in channel.

I thought the Help Channel was... " /Death " ?

Nirvana
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Don't send it to him, it's not legal.

Meerschaum
03-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Just want to take a moment to thank Deadz and the group that ran me through the catacombs last night. I'm not sure how far into it ya'll were before I joined up, but I had a blast.

Kistilan
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
i'll take a kitty.

I would like the other kitten. I'm a master of kitten-petting. It will be happy in my hands and well-loved. :)

Rissten
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Just want to take a moment to thank Deadz and the group that ran me through the catacombs last night. I'm not sure how far into it ya'll were before I joined up, but I had a blast.

Hey bud I was the other cleric in that group, most likely we will do another full run of the catacombs on hard tonight prolly followed by STK, just send a tell to Silinoste if you see me on.

Aspenor
03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I just started playing this game this weekend. I've been playing MMO's since UO from years back. If anyone is interested in schooling me a little, I'll be on most all of tonight, starting around 4:30 central time. I started a human cleric named Meerschaum and am following the premade warpriest path while I learn the game. Up to level 3 so far. Just made it out of the harbor. Send me a tell if you get bored tonight. I'll be sipping scotch and exploring.

ohhhh yessssss, another scotch drinker.

PS - HeavenlyCloud is my lackey.

Yaga_Nub
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Whichever it will serve as a sacrifice to the Mad God of Argonnessen. Since people told me it was bad to sacrifice halflings.

Sacrificing kittens to me will not get you back in my good graces.

HeavenlyCloud
03-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Sacrificing kittens to me will not get you back in my good graces.

You are a false God.

Meerschaum
03-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey bud I was the other cleric in that group, most likely we will do another full run of the catacombs on hard tonight prolly followed by STK, just send a tell to Silinoste if you see me on.

Will do!