PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Voyage Permadeath Guild

parvo
03-18-2009, 09:12 AM
No-twink. No-spoilers. Rules inspired by classic paper and pencil games. Great mix of new permadeath players and veterans.

Join us.

Gnorbert
06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Looking forward to risking my life with you folks.

eldervamp
06-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Greetings...

By far one of the greatest Perma-Death guilds in DDO. If really want to re-live your old D&D pen and paper days. Then this guild is the way to go.

Great group of guys and girls. Truly an enjoyable challenge!!!

Eldervamp

Cowdenicus
06-28-2009, 02:30 AM
No-twink. No-spoilers. Rules inspired by classic paper and pencil games. Great mix of new permadeath players and veterans.

Join us.

I wonder if they booted me from guild due to inactivity of a year yet

parvo
06-29-2009, 12:23 PM
I wonder if they booted me from guild due to inactivity of a year yet

Yes. Indescriminate bootage happens when a character has more months inactivity than levels.

parvo
10-04-2009, 07:08 PM
New permadeath movie:

www.mortalvoyage.com/Mortal%20Movie (http://www.mortalvoyage.com/Mortal%20Movie)

Roricon
10-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi,

I'm just wondering how you guys do the high level raids.

What's the rule for Shroud part 5 since all of you gonna die there... or even part 4 sometimes the lag would kill one or two people... What about a new raid comes, everything is new, even you play very carefully with tons of strategies, people gonna die for the first couple runs. Or just wait for non-permadeath players provide you a mature strategy, so you can avoid the death.

-Rori

HeavenlyCloud
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I have always wondered if pvp deaths count?

shinmade
10-05-2009, 12:27 PM
And how exactly do you "Stay Hard" if you run out of juice before the big bad boss fight ? Do you drink a pot ?

KoboldKiller
10-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm not going to comment on PD guilds specifically but PD is a lot of fun to play. It is refreshing to know EVERY chest you open now becomes important. Yes you still end up with junk but the anticipation of pulling something that is a upgrade over your masterwork weapon is great. heck I pulled a +1 greataxe of pure good in STK and it felt like pulling the Holy Grail, LOL.

Hafeal
10-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Parvo -

Love the video. Well done. I don't have an Argo character yet ..

parvo
10-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi,

I'm just wondering how you guys do the high level raids.

What's the rule for Shroud part 5 since all of you gonna die there... or even part 4 sometimes the lag would kill one or two people... What about a new raid comes, everything is new, even you play very carefully with tons of strategies, people gonna die for the first couple runs. Or just wait for non-permadeath players provide you a mature strategy, so you can avoid the death.

-Rori

While most quests are great for permadeath play, DDO raids don't mix well with Mortal Voyage's no-spoiler play. Temepest Spine is not so bad as there are quest clues given as to what need be done. We've talked about what we could do for other raids but never came to consensus. The options are limited. Allow open spoiling or expect many deaths. Since disallowing brokers and essentially re-building the guild, it hasn't been an issue.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
While most quests are great for permadeath play, DDO raids don't mix well with Mortal Voyage's no-spoiler play. Temepest Spine is not so bad as there are quest clues given as to what need be done. We've talked about what we could do for other raids but never came to consensus. The options are limited. Allow open spoiling or expect many deaths. Since disallowing brokers and essentially re-building the guild, it hasn't been an issue.

You disallowed brokers? :eek: That's a big change. How come you took that route?

parvo
10-07-2009, 07:49 AM
You disallowed brokers? :eek: That's a big change. How come you took that route?

The original intent of allowing brokers was to re-introduce economic strategy to the game. Having not played much PD at higher levels there was no way to know how it would turn out. At low levels and up to about level 7-8, it worked well. High haggle characters (who sold to the right vendors and brokers) could afford a few nice items and low haggle characters had to scrimp and save for anything. Putting points into haggle was a genuine benifit for otherwise weaker builds. However, past level 8 or so, the loot starts really rolling in. Even low charisma barbarians could afford anything they wanted. Furthermore, our groups were easily destroying higher level content without using much tactics or strategy.

Part of DDO's issue with class balance is the economy. In D&D, relatively weak builds can accumulate more wealth and potentially better items. Give all that wealth and great items to the zero charisma barbarian and what should be a weakness (and balance) for that character is eliminated.

parvo
11-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Two years old and strong. Come visit us.

parvo
05-11-2010, 12:37 AM
In August, Mortal Voyage will be three years old. We are a large and active permadeath guild with solid off-hours play. Our ranks are filled with mature gamers who enjoy teamwork and camraderie. Skill ranges from new to veteran. Our rule set is tough enough to ensure character progression is an accomplishment requiring skill, teamwork and a bit of luck.

If your looking for a tough, exciting PD environment with great groups and a paper and pencil feel, check out:

www.mortalvoyage.com (http://www.mortalvoyage.com)

parvo
12-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Mortal Voyage is still large, strong and active. Besides having multiple groups at peak time, we have outstanding, talented and fun off-hours players. If you want to step up to greater challenge in a paper-and-pencil style permadeath guild, check us out

www.mortalvoyage.com (http://www.mortalvoyage.com)

We always welcome team oriented players, both veteran and rookie.

--Stay Hard