PDA

View Full Version : Bard instruments

Dracolich
03-18-2009, 08:54 AM
I think it would be nice if we had a few more instruments to choose from. It would fit well with PnP in my opinion. I know DDO is not PnP but the beauty of the bard is their instrument selection was as unique as somones weapons. I dont mean give us magical mandolins that make things fall asleep or whatever. Just some veriety like a harp or a flute or even drums, heck even a short poem or song would be nice.

Doomcrew
03-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Would be great, but would then require new animations and code.
Could open up a whole line of potential new items in game, something
that also would add flavor. Drums, harps, lutes, flutes or dare i say
inspire courage from a bagpiper, great immersion.

Cheers

weyoun
03-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, +1 to damage bagpipes would be uber.

Uska
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
would love to see it

skyking613
03-18-2009, 09:12 AM
I want a flying V guitar with a dragon shooting flames on it! Oh and an amp that goes to 11

Kalari
03-18-2009, 11:11 AM
I think id make a bard if they did this. One thing I liked about Lotro (yeah I know blasphemy) was that my girls could pick different instruments to learn and master. I love woodwind instruments so getting to play a clarinet or flute would be amazing.

branmakmuffin
03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I think it would be nice if we had a few more instruments to choose from. It would fit well with PnP in my opinion. I know DDO is not PnP but the beauty of the bard is their instrument selection was as unique as somones weapons. I dont mean give us magical mandolins that make things fall asleep or whatever. Just some veriety like a harp or a flute or even drums, heck even a short poem or song would be nice.
Different instruments, not to mention different tunes, maybe a selection of tunes: "This is my inspire bravery tune, this is my mesmerize (or whatever it's called) tune, this is my inspire competence tune, etc."

Jay203
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM
make instruments take up the shield slot =P

branmakmuffin
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
make instruments take up the shield slot =P
Well, those shanty singers in Three Barrel Cove do try to whack us with their lutes.

ShaeNightbird
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
They need to get our attention somehow, without all that talent.

branmakmuffin
03-18-2009, 09:56 PM
They need to get our attention somehow, without all that talent.
They could spread the word of the impending colonization force from Xen'drik's largest moon.

ShaeNightbird
03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
They could spread the word of the impending colonization force from Xen'drik's largest moon.That's Plan 9 3/4. Don't Panic.