PDA

View Full Version : Silver Flame Exorcism timer

Fenrisulven6
03-13-2009, 03:12 AM
I've taken the Faith enhancements, and my only complaint is that, at 6 minutes, the timer on exorcism is too long. Its already limited by creature type, but 6 mins means I'll get to use it once, maybe twice, per quest.

Can we dial it down to 3 minutes instead?

Actually, no. Just make it uses/rest, like DVs.

bobbryan2
03-13-2009, 03:14 AM
I've taken the Faith enhancements, and my only complaint is that, at 6 minutes, the timer on exorcism is too long. Its already limited by creature type, but 6 mins means I'll get to use it once, maybe twice, per quest.

Can we dial it down to 3 minutes instead?

Actually, no. Just make it uses/rest, like DVs.

It's actually 10.

And yeah... I'd love it if they gave you 3 casts, and let them regenerate at a rate of 1/4-5 min.

As it is.. the faith lines are all too underpowered to be useful for anything other than qualifying for prestige enhancements.

Fenrisulven6
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
It's actually 10.

Hmmm. Doublechecked - its 6 minutes for me. I hope you don't have 10 DVs, because I have 6 and that would mean...

Devs: just ran Sorrowdusk with it. Had one use on first Flesh Render, then went on timer for 6 mins. Never got to use it again before quest ended.

Any way you can fix this?

Jay203
03-20-2009, 05:07 PM
600 seconds is 10 min btw :D:D:D

MrCow
03-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Its already limited by creature type

The Silver Flame Exorcism banishment effect is limited to non-native outsiders. However, the other effect ("Good" based damage over time) works on any monster that isn't completely invulnerable (Warforged Titan with shield up/Xyzzy). At level 6 or so, this works well on boss monsters.

Fenrisulven6
03-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Yup, thanks for the tip. Been trying that out.

And yes Jay, my bad, I was reading the timer as 6:00 instead of 600. It IS a 10 minute cooldown.

I still find this faith enchancement to have little utility - usually once per quest, rarely twice. Either dial the timer back to something more reasonable, like 3 mins, or link it to DVs instead.

Junts
03-21-2009, 09:27 PM
It's actually 10.

And yeah... I'd love it if they gave you 3 casts, and let them regenerate at a rate of 1/4-5 min.

As it is.. the faith lines are all too underpowered to be useful for anything other than qualifying for prestige enhancements.

you clearly do not appreciate the pwoer of unyielding sovereignty - which is an awesome enhancement and worth every ap (and totally unliket he other faith enhancements for that reason).

an ability that full heals, greater restores, gives the whole heal spell curative effect, -and- removes -all- death penalties which can be used while feebleminded, in a beholder's eye or even -under ****ing water- is awesome, man, and well balanced witha 10 min timer.

the rest .. blow

Inspire
03-21-2009, 09:42 PM
the rest .. blow

My CR:10 Scorpion Man is TEH UBERZ!!1

Fenrisulven6
03-22-2009, 12:29 AM
you clearly do not appreciate the power of unyielding sovereignty... the rest .. blow

Ah, so I have the frellin elves to thank for the 10min timer on my Exorcism?

Can we nerf the elves? Or would that be redundant? :D