PDA

View Full Version : I think its valid

TEK
03-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Hmmm...

A few things mentioned, so I'm gonna say something that hasn't been brought up yet:

I hate the fact that after every quest, I have to resort my backpack, b/c things become a jumbled mess when switching weapons, wands, scrolls, etc.

I really believe this has alot of merit. a way to sort through our inventory. heck at the very least we should be able to stop it from moving around and at least go back to the SAME spot YOU put it in (like the potions for example)

I put all my potions on the first page (except for the mneumonic potions i keep in the back so it can stand out better when i need them in the middle of a fight) because they KEEP STILL.

I would really like to see better search and sort functionality in regards to the inventory, auction house, and mailbox.

baylensman
03-11-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree we should be able to "LOCK" at least certain pages of inventory. so that when a sword comes out the slot stay blank until the sword goes back in.

Perhaps something along the lines on the next item picked up, looted, awarded goes into the last available slot instead of the first?

I just had a thought and i'll try it tonite i'll rearrange my invnetory starting with the last back pack slot so all the empty space are on the first page, perhaps that will cust donw on the rearrangement?

baylensman
03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I agree we should be able to "LOCK" at least certain pages of inventory. so that when a sword comes out the slot stay blank until the sword goes back in.

Perhaps something along the lines on the next item picked up, looted, awarded goes into the last available slot instead of the first?

I just had a thought and i'll try it tonite i'll rearrange my inventory starting with the last back pack slot so all the empty space are on the first page, perhaps that will cut down on the rearrangement?

Deuce
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Agreed - I'd love the ability to lock down my inventory slots. I tend to have certain pages dedicated to certain item types - 1st page weapons/armor, 2nd page potions, etc. - but after a couple of runs its totally messed up. I'd love to be able to secure things where I put them, not randomly sorted.

/Signed!!

Asketes
03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
you wouldn't be able to lock inventory into a space, BUT you may be able to temporarily bind a space to an item.. If you were to lock the item into the space and then take it out when you equip them, the space would be empty while equipped, idk if the system can recognize to only let the "tagged" item back.

For example, you loot a chest and only have 2 spots available, both spots being "locked", does it let you loot anything?

This is a great idea, just not sure how it would be implemented. I'm too simpleton to know how, just that I love the idea!

Vorn
03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Potions bag.
Spell components bag.
Golf club bag for weapons--or a squire/caddy:p.

Guess if they did that, though we wouldn't need all those pages of inventory. I tend to have set places for things that won't move or switch one-for-one with other items--spell components, potions, helms, boots, trinkets, bracers, cloaks, belts, gloves, goggles. I tend to put these on pages 3,4. All the weapons/shields/scrolls/wands end up jumbled all over pages 1,2. Page 5 I try and keep fairly clear. Picking up treasure pretty much jumbles pages 1,2 and 5.

At least the hotbars function like heward's handy haversack and get us what we want fast. The harder part is passing off an item to someone in the heat of battle (like a sp pot) or finding stuff to put on the AH or mail or put in the bank.

TEK
03-11-2009, 11:08 AM
well basically what i do is arrange all my potions/components(depends on character of course) and ne item that i use very rarely(like tavern food) on the first page.

i keep trinkets like thieves tools, titan medallion, and all component bags and quivers on the back page along with mneumonic potions(so they can stand out in a pinch instead of mingle with the other potions. i know i can hot bar it but sometimes i might have to donate one to the cleric in the heat of battle).

then pages 2-4 is every and anything else, however i do fil all the gaps in from front to back that way i can easily locate any new loot i pick up which is usually on page 4 by default.

this seems to work pretty well since most things is hotbarred, but i still wish we had better sort AND search systems for the inventory, mailbox, and auction house.