PDA

View Full Version : Founder helm

FluffyCalico
03-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Founder helm:

The founder helm should be shown with pride and not be something only a level 1-3 would wear. Can you please change our founder helmets into something we can wear without getting laughed at for wearing lesser false life at 16?

I mean at least make it a stacking 5 HP

QuantumFX
03-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I’d gladly trade my Founders Helm for a Lucky Hat.

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Founder helm:

The founder helm should be shown with pride and not be something only a level 1-3 would wear. Can you please change our founder helmets into something we can wear without getting laughed at for wearing lesser false life at 16?

I still pull out my helm, not for the hitpoint bonus but just to stand around and look like a gnoob. I don't think any items that are currently not available to new players should give any additional or unique bonus in the game, it wouldn't be fair. Add longevity items for flavor, or to help with leveling by all means, but I don't think anything should be added that gives a real end-game advantage.

I mean at least make it a stacking 5 HP

Yup, it would indeed be nice if there was a helm (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2017802#post2017802) in the game that gave a fully stacking-with-everything HP bonus.

Garth (wears his founder helm with pride)

FluffyCalico
03-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I still pull out my helm, not for the hitpoint bonus but just to stand around and look like a gnoob. I don't think any items that are currently not available to new players should give any additional or unique bonus in the game,

GFL of poision can be found on tons of unnamed belts. It would not make it unique or rare but it would make it usable. And all those new people can still get a belt just like it.

Not asking for a maricle just soemthing that a level 16 might be willing to wear.

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-11-2009, 12:49 AM
GFL of poision can be found on tons of unnamed belts. It would not make it unique or rare but it would make it usable. And all those new people can still get a belt just like it.

Not asking for a maricle just soemthing that a level 16 might be willing to wear.

It would be nice to make it visible though - which means either a helmet or armor... helmet seems the most logical given nobody is likely to give up dragontouched.

How about making it like a silver flame trinket - i.e. it can be upgraded somehow later on in the game - starts as a lesser false life (min lvl 1), and then can be upgraded to false life (min lvl 5), greater false life (min lvl 9), then GFL of poison (min lvl 13) and finally GFL of disease and poison immunity (min lvl 15).

Make the upgrade take place in the Stone of Change (just needs a recipe to be added, Piloto?) as usual, but the min level slowly goes up appropriately. Means it can be used at all levels, maintains it's 'unique factor' and remains useful.

...throw me a ML invite. I'm full of good ideas today! :)

Garth

FluffyCalico
03-11-2009, 12:51 AM
It would be nice to make it visible though - which means either a helmet or armor... helmet seems the most logical given nobody is likely to give up dragontouched.

How about making it like a silver flame trinket - i.e. it can be upgraded somehow later on in the game - starts as a lesser false life (min lvl 1), and then can be upgraded to false life (min lvl 5), greater false life (min lvl 9), then GFL of poison (min lvl 13) and finally GFL of disease and poison immunity (min lvl 15).

Make the upgrade take place in the Stone of Change (just needs a recipe to be added, Piloto?) as usual, but the min level slowly goes up appropriately. Means it can be used at all levels, maintains it's 'unique factor' and remains useful.

...throw me a ML invite. I'm full of good ideas today! :)

Garth

I would go for that. Or I would even take a command /show founder helm that will show your founder helm even though it's sitting in the bank and you have on minos.

Uska
03-11-2009, 01:13 AM
I dont really think we need anything just because we are founders yeah all three items I get at the start are pretty much useless as soon as I start playing but thats fine with me. oh I forget its really 4-5 items depending on if I get a bow now as well.

Uska
03-11-2009, 01:15 AM
I would go for that. Or I would even take a command /show founder helm that will show your founder helm even though it's sitting in the bank and you have on minos.

Now that might be cool

baddax
03-11-2009, 01:31 AM
How much do founders helms go for? i would be interested in buying one!

Uska
03-11-2009, 01:39 AM

lol funny to bad we cant even vendor them,

FluffyCalico
03-11-2009, 01:39 AM

They are bound on account creation with confirmation of a guild by xx date

wemery73
03-11-2009, 01:48 AM
can someone post a screenshot of item and them wearing it:)

Dracolich
03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I have one of these fuggly things. However I do not think they were intended to be worn very long. It is not fair after 3yrs to penalize people for not pre-ordering the game 3yrs ago.

I like the show founder helm idea. An idea paralel to that would be how LoTRO does their clothes. You have two slots for each item, one for stats and one for visuals. This way we can all wear our minos helms but look like black/gold coneheads.

Cinwulf
03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
I've thrown most of mine away :/

cdbd3rd
03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
can someone post a screenshot of item and them wearing it:)

Don't have a ss of it being worn, but it's in the Loot thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279):

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Helmets/FoundersHelm.jpg

cdbd3rd
03-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Don't have a ss of it being worn, but it's in the Loot thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279):

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Helmets/FoundersHelm.jpg

Ergh. Took this pic back when I first replied here, but forgot to get it posted up.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/cdbd3rd/foundershelm.jpg

These woulda been much cooler:

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/cdbd3rd/luckyhat.jpg

Scalion
03-29-2009, 09:03 AM
I know of a couple of MMOs that have a feature which allows you to display an entirely different piece of armor (helm included) rather than the gear you are wearing for your character. It's a great feature that makes things valuable that nobody would normally think twice about simply for the look.

Impaqt
03-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Why would turbine spend any time at all modifying or changing a Founder item?

Here ya go..... Free Tip.

You can swap helmets very fast in this game. WHen your In an adventure wear a Useful Helmet. When you are Not, switch to your founder helm so you can show off to the 8 people who actually know what it is.

uhgungawa
03-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Why would turbine spend any time at all modifying or changing a Founder item?

Here ya go..... Free Tip.

You can swap helmets very fast in this game. WHen your In an adventure wear a Useful Helmet. When you are Not, switch to your founder helm so you can show off to the 8 people who actually know what it is.

Or care :rolleyes:

aldan
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I pull out my hat every now and then just for kicks, when running around. It is a newbish looking helm though, but nonetheless, i am a founder.

tihocan
04-03-2009, 09:06 AM
The problem is if you make it a useful L16+ item then it should have a minimum level, which isn't a great option either.
I prefer the current implementation: useful to start a new character, then you can keep it just for fun.