PDA

View Full Version : Dumbo monsters!

quandoor1
03-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Heres an idea to make some of the monsters better, when it comes to aggro if they cant get to their intended victim for some reason , they should swing wildly in front of them "LET MET GET IM!!"

Blocking a vampire in as some way to defeat it through game mechanics doesnt seem right. the vampire should be swinging his level draining arms around in front of him .

While we're at it also though vampires/trolls should NOT regenerate damage done by silver/light for vamps or fire/acid for trolls.

Maybe there needs to be non-lethal damage code added for handling them.

How 3.5 does it, is all damage thats not their special type is non-lethal.. which everybody regenerates anyway quite quickly. That way you can knock them out but not kill them with other stuff.
Vampires dont go unconscious though, but may slow down while their body regenerates the damage.

negative
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm not going to address all of this, but, Trolls regen is temp. removed when hit with fire/acid. After a few seconds it comes back, but if at least one person beats on them with the right weapons they do not regen.

There are a type of troll called scrags mostly found in artaxia's haven that can not be killed without recently dealing fire/acid damage. They reach zero hit points, but will not die until the proper damage is appied.

quandoor1
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah i've seen the scrags, behaving like normal trolls do.

Do vampires stop regenerating after getting hit by light or silver weapons?

DeathKillTank
03-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah i've seen the scrags, behaving like normal trolls do.

Do vampires stop regenerating after getting hit by light or silver weapons?

For a few seconds yes, but if you dont hit them frequently they're back to full health.