PDA

View Full Version : please fix animation speed

Garth_of_Sarlona
03-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes I know this is an old request too, but since we have a shiny new suggestions forum I'm going to make it again:

It's a fact (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=172819) that the only two handed weapons worth carrying are greataxes and mauls, and that's because of the animation speed. It's proven that greataxe/maul is faster than falchion or greatsword, and thus these two other weapons are hardly ever used and shunned by the players.

Please equalize the animation speed of all weapons - I don't mind what it looks like, as long as they're all equal!

Thanks for reading!

Garth

Angelus_dead
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Please equalize the animation speed of all weapons
Also it probably shouldn't be possible to substantially increase your attack speed by shuffling your feet back and forth. (Or if that's an intended feature, it should be mentioned in the documentation so as to be accessible to newbies)

PS. If animations are changed so that falchions become viable weapons, many characters would sure appreciate an Essence of Deconstruction so they can salvage their Greensteel Greataxes.

RATRACE931
03-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Yes plz! My barbs have always used swordlike weapons, plz fix this finally after 3 years!

tihocan
03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
/signed for the millionth time

Monkey_Archer
03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
/signed

The only 2-handed weapon that should remain as a faster attacking speed is the quarterstaff.

BlackSteel
03-10-2009, 05:21 AM
the faster speed of the QS, in addition to the animations, make it an absolute PITA to reset the chain. Not to mention considering how GB's work on it, its not very desirable to do so anyway, unless you completely skimped on the THF feats.

FluffyCalico
03-10-2009, 05:25 AM
He's a good question for you:

Does this only effect 2 hand weapons or do some 1 hand weapons have this issue as well?

On another note what if the fast 2 are the ones that are bugged and the slow 2 are actually correct speed?

In age of conan the bigger you made um her chest the slower she attacked. As they had a chest size slider. Boy were people mad when this news came to light.

Jerevon
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
He's a good question for you:

Does this only effect 2 hand weapons or do some 1 hand weapons have this issue as well?

On another note what if the fast 2 are the ones that are bugged and the slow 2 are actually correct speed?

In age of conan the bigger you made um her chest the slower she attacked. As they had a chest size slider. Boy were people mad when this news came to light.

" I've never seen someone at a tabletop game say "I jump up on the wall until I get stuck in a spot where I can hit the giant but he can't hit me back for no apparent reason.""

Where in the game can you do that??

FluffyCalico
03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
" I've never seen someone at a tabletop game say "I jump up on the wall until I get stuck in a spot where I can hit the giant but he can't hit me back for no apparent reason.""

Where in the game can you do that??

Listing specific places is forbidden but I can tell you that the places are about 100 and the quote is actually from Elrdan however you spell his name on the turbine team.

BlackSteel
03-11-2009, 11:33 AM

only 2 handers are noted to have different swing speeds between weapons.

havent tried moving with S&B, and while you can increase it some, I havent noted nearly the same increase for twf as thf.

I actually dont mind missing a haste on my barb, simply b/c with slash slah move, you can reproduce the same number of attacks as auto attack while weilding an axe or maul. Of course having haste makes it better, but on regular trash.... meh