PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to a fallen Windscar Elite

Taurnish
03-06-2009, 05:50 PM
This week one of our players passed away due to chronic illness. He was a Windscar from the beginning of the guild. As our guildleader, Windorf, says "A toon among toons" and a man among men.

His names in game were ONYA, Qwip, Playfull, Obtuse, Ashwood, Scriber, Firehazzard, and Qualm.

Onya was his main toon as well as Playfull. He may not be well known by some on Argo now since many of the "old timers" have left ddo. He was a good friend to many and despite his illness he was always cheerful and made the game worth playing. He wasn't about loot, the best PVP or best toon. He didn't care if you had a party whipe.....he was there till the party got through it no matter what. He enjoyed the company of his fellow players and played the game for what it was......simply a game and a way to get away from the issues of real life.

I had the pleasure of playing with him for short bursts especially when I joined Windscar Elite. I know he is now not in pain and in a better place........I will never forget his good humor and laughter. I hope some of you had the pleasure of playing with him. Rest now Onya, and be at peace. I salute you as do all the Windscars!!!!! http://windscarelite.guildportal.com/NThemes/Sunset/face_sad.gif Fight all those dragons in Tor like you did in the past........ and beat 'em every time. http://windscarelite.guildportal.com/NThemes/Sunset/face_wink.gif:cool::cool:

--- Firemortis

Kistilan
03-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I think I played with Onya once or twice.

RIP and godspeed.

Edvader3
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
You are in a much better place now Pali Boy!!

I will miss you greatly!!!

Windorf

Mhykke
03-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Oh man, I have grouped with Onya before.

Terrible news. RIP.

Mazeratti
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I dont remember grouping with him, but this is sad news none the less.

Argo is a community of ppl we come to know and mix with. It is sad when we lose ppl we care about, even our online friends that perhaps we never got to meet in real life.

I think people are more themselves when partially anonymous, they remove the masks they were IRL.

The person you grouped with, was the real person.

I am sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and all others who knew this person.

Lukien2
03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Life is less without you in it. Fly with the dragons and one day we will fly together.

Tanithe

Vaern
03-06-2009, 06:45 PM
RIP. Its always sad to hear of someone passing. And seeing the DDO community remembering those that do, reminds us all that while this is simply a game, the people that we meet care.

/salute

Arcoiris
03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Beloved friend and brother, my secret Santa I will miss your laughter and friendship, I will miss our adventures and your crazy antics as you solo'd your way thru quests dragging me behind you hollering "Heal me kitta, heal me, heal me!!" Oh how you loved to solo the flesh renders and I, noob that I was, would watch you and wonder just how the hell you survived cause I sure wasn't helping you ! It is because of your kindness and warm heart and the patience of Job perhaps as you tried to teach me what to do- but mostly what NOT to do and I usually did the latter as you tried to save me from the many alternative adventures I would find myself in, through no fault of yours but you always found me and would yell "kitta this way!! RUN!" I always did -but usually in the wrong direction and of course died horribly! Oh how we laughed til we cried. You were a bright light in the darkness for me as I fumbled along, and now I can see you lighting the way for others --->God's own dragonflying Angel. http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/213718/qwip2.jpg

Fakko
03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Never knew him, but he sounds like a good soul.

Respect for his generosity of spirit. Condolences to those he leaves behind.

GhostNull
03-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I didn't get to party with him as much as some of the other Windscars, but when I did, it was always a good time. Onya was a hoot to party with.

Rest in peace

- G

Milamber69
03-06-2009, 09:07 PM
This sucks, bad news indeed. Rest in peace mate, you will be missed.

brokenbilly
03-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I played with Onya recently and enjoyed his simple love of the game. A true fun loving gentleman. God bless you Sir and ty for the good times.

Broken

Sweetpea
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Onya's light shone thru everything he did. He made you laugh despite how crappy a quest was or how much it was going to cost to repair everything after you had died horribly 10 times in a quest like a noob. Onya flagged my first toon thru Tor. i'll never forget that run. He said simply follow me and try not to die. lol if i only i knew that meant i was sposed to take him to the shrine. i've never laughed so much in a quest that took as long as that one did, which was of course my fault for running off in the complete opposite direction to where i was meant to be. Onya always had a way of making everything seem like the best time of your life. His light will shine on. I'm running a tor run soon, i know he'll be there telling me how to kill those blasted dragons. Your spirit will be with us always dear friend. Rest now, you've earned it. We'll miss you deeply.

All Hail Windscar. All Hail ONYA. A true toon among toons, a man a among men and a friend to many.

Vorn
03-06-2009, 11:19 PM
May the souls of the departed dwell in light perpetual.

Peace.

toughguyjoe
03-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Hey guys. i Grouped with Qwip a bunch of times. very sorry to hear of his departure.

Hope the Windscars are holding up ok

-Cleavon

Moonblood
03-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Rest in peace and God bless

runesmith
03-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Harken now all ye Lords of Stormreach,
A great treasure has been stolen and cannot be replaced.
A great one has passed from our midst.
And, 'though he will be sorely missed, say not that we are made less by his passing.
Say rather, that we are blessed that one such as he, ever did (if only for a while) walk among us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil" - Gandalf the White
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that the grey rain curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise. - From The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwTY1pas9Vk&feature=related

------Soulcannon, Willcannon, Mrentropy and proud member of the Windscar Elite

ToyVIP
03-07-2009, 06:52 AM
One person that never lost sight of playing the game for the fun of it, not to prove anything to anyone.

My best wishes lay with his loved ones and the entire of Windscar Elite, I'm sure you will all surely miss him

May he rest in peace, and suffer no more

To Kat, Kitta, Win and other longtime members *hugs*

Taurnish
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Thank you to all who have posted. :) Our guildleader, Win or Windorf, wishes to show this post to ONYA's real life wife soon so she may see what a difference he made to others even though only in a game.....he was much more than someone to play with. He was someone who made you feel like the game was worth playing whether you win or lose. As stated by ToyVIP he loved the game and he loved to play it no matter what happended or what quest you were in. He also did not mind playing with new players and took many under his wing to show them through a quest even if it meant failure. Again thank you to all those who have posted who did or did not know him. Your thoughts are very much appreciated. To any others who wish to post his wife will be looking at this so she will read your comments. I salute you all for there is true honor among the players of Argo. :)

Lukien2
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
ANTHONY SPAULDING aka ONYA, qwip, playfull, obtuse, ashwood, scriber, firehazzard, qualm,
http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/213718/qwip2.jpg

Some people just click when they meet each other and we did. In the early days when Windorf, Tanithe and Onya were Paladins supreme (or thought we were) and Onya had no mic and the worst lag in the game ( we had to bring the bad guys back to Onya so he could stand there and just swing at them)we have played and laughed till we cried together.

I knew he was ill, I knew it was a matter of time, it was still a shock.

Debra, my heart goes out to you, he loved you so much, he called you "his beautiful wife". Thank you so much for ringing me, it must have been so hard to do.

Nothing is sweeter than love;

nothing stronger, nothing higher,

nothing wider, nothing happier,

nothing fuller, nothing better

in heaven and earth...

love flies, runs, and rejoices;

it is free and nothing can hold it back.

I will never forget the good times we have had and how brave Anthony was in real life, playing through the pain and still being able to crack jokes. "I'm coming back and I'm bringing some friends....uh oh Party Wipe lol.

He told me the last time I spoke with him that he wasn't going to stay in touch with me because he didn't want me to get upset and cry when he left us. Well that didn't work. He holds a special place in my heart and will always be there.

Rest In Peace my friend. Always Remembered. Never Forgotten.

with love, Gwen

McBadger
03-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Onya was always a fun part of the chemistry that made (and make) the windscars a pleasure to play with. He'll be fondly remembered.

Edvader3
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
As a friend of Onya's and the Leader of Windscar's I want to thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Anthony's wife Debera will be seeing this and i think it will make her happy to see How many of us he touched in life!

He was the second person I met playing the game. Gwen , Anthony and I spent the first 3 weeks or so in the harbor running quest after quest, just the 3 of us ! It was the core start of Windscars. We had no clue what we were doing !!!! 3 Pali's of the noobish order Learning together!

I will rember you fondly my friend !!

ALL HAIL ONYA!!!!!!

Windorf (Ed)

Joseph92
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Onya was always a great player to run with...and was always helpful to those who were new to a quest. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Joe
(Garanthir)(Boromthir)(Tyrathir)(Ariesthir)

Freakah
03-08-2009, 10:01 PM
First time when meeting Onya is one ill never forget. He had no idea who I was so he told me to bug off. Running quests with him were always funny. If he missed a chest he would yell out in his deep voice "CHEST!! WHERE!" If you ever needed someone just to talk too he was there. Did not matter the topic he would just listen and give his opinion. RIP in my friend, your expressions shall be remembered.

Edvader3
03-09-2009, 03:18 AM
So there you would be looking at your loot....

Onya would say ....Hey Win you gona use that master work shield???

I'd say dude your lvl 16 and Onya would reply....

But DUDE its loot !!!!!

LOl

Good times

cardmj1
03-09-2009, 03:27 AM
This week one of our players passed away due to chronic illness. He was a Windscar from the beginning of the guild. As our guildleader, Windorf, says "A toon among toons" and a man among men.

His names in game were ONYA, Qwip, Playfull, Obtuse, Ashwood, Scriber, Firehazzard, and Qualm.

Onya was his main toon as well as Playfull. He may not be well known by some on Argo now since many of the "old timers" have left ddo. He was a good friend to many and despite his illness he was always cheerful and made the game worth playing. He wasn't about loot, the best PVP or best toon. He didn't care if you had a party whipe.....he was there till the party got through it no matter what. He enjoyed the company of his fellow players and played the game for what it was......simply a game and a way to get away from the issues of real life.

I had the pleasure of playing with him for short bursts especially when I joined Windscar Elite. I know he is now not in pain and in a better place........I will never forget his good humor and laughter. I hope some of you had the pleasure of playing with him. Rest now Onya, and be at peace. I salute you as do all the Windscars!!!!! http://windscarelite.guildportal.com/NThemes/Sunset/face_sad.gif Fight all those dragons in Tor like you did in the past........ and beat 'em every time. http://windscarelite.guildportal.com/NThemes/Sunset/face_wink.gif:cool::cool:

--- Firemortis

My sincerest condolescences to you and his family.

eonfreon
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I will miss Onya.
He was a great guy and great fun to play with.
He was one of the guys that made me really enjoy the guild like many others.
Rest In Peace.

- Ion "Darkway"

Robshell
03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Very sorry to never have grouped with Onya. My condolences to his family and Windscar. The Sprinkleside Cupcakes (my guild on Argo), salute you and your fallen comrade. May the pain of his passing subside as soon as possible, leaving you only with the wonderful memories of his life he left with you.

leon00000
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
/salute

raylee2me
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
god speed sir.

Ragemage
03-12-2009, 01:57 PM
: (
I dont know what to say hard to explain feelings if a player has died in real life.

R.I.P.

Ragemage

Hawksen
03-13-2009, 03:33 PM
My sincere condolences.
-Hawksendoom

Apex13
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Passing of another great player, I hope Gary has another player to DM for. Sad day for me

Fredster
03-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I did not get to know you. For that i am sorry. Reading everyone's thought's about you, has made me know you. For that i am even more saddened by this great loss to our community. May you rest in peace forever. I salute you as well.

Tendare
03-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I dont remember grouping with him, but this is sad news none the less.

Argo is a community of ppl we come to know and mix with. It is sad when we lose ppl we care about, even our online friends that perhaps we never got to meet in real life.

I think people are more themselves when partially anonymous, they remove the masks they were IRL.

The person you grouped with, was the real person.

I am sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and all others who knew this person.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

All of us in Noble Fist are sorry for your loss, our condolences to Winscar and all others who knew him

Taurnish
04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I would like to say thank you for all the kind words noted in this thread. He was a truly wonderful player. He was very patient and giving. Thank you again to those who posted from all of Windscar Elite and on behalf of the guildmembers, friends and on behalf of Onya's wife. :) I salute you all.