PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the game with a bang

magicman6173
03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
In my time playing DDO I've seen it countless times, people just cliking through options to "just get the quest" and you know, the game devs are using their time to type all of that and we dont even take 30 seconds to read some of it. So I saw an oppurtunity to make a diffrence in the game I love and play, too much.

Well for those who know me in game, my main's name is Keniah and I play in the Thelanis server. Due to recent events in my life (for the better) I plan on leaving the game soon.

So I came up with my own little idea on how to leave "with a bang".

I found a Random Trivia Question Generator over the Internet, and used that to hoste my own little event. I called it the "Stormreach Challenge"
I'd get a raid group together, ask some questions, People who got the questions wrong were removed from the group. Last person left won my prize (around 100,000 platinum) yeah I played to much. So far I've only done this twice.

But someone told me something I wasent thinking about. What about the people who arent American, because most of my questions would'nt be common knowlege in other countries. So instead of general knowlege questions, ask questions about DDO itself. Like "A guy fell and broke his leg in the marketplace. What was his name?" or questions about some of the storylines. Like the Vault of Night and The Shrouded Vale.

I'd love to have Turbine see this and it turn out to be a regular event in game.

I see an oppurtunity to give to those less fortuneate and new to the game, and its something diffrent to do than the usual grinding quests for Exp and named loot.

I appoligize for any mispelling, I stink at typing.

Relenthe
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
that is a great idea, I'm sure some peoeple may dislike it, but it is for the better and some people may enjoy learning about some of the storylines they are always adventuring in.

adamr09
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
ya this could be pretty fun. after i zergd a few toons up the levels, i went back to most of the quests and actually read all the storylines and it was pretty interesting.

iscifi
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
This concept has been done numerous times for live events. Not exactly as an elimination as you have described, but the answering of DDO trivia questions for prizes.

I would be willing to help out, but also want a shot at the money... ;-)

Let's talk.

...v...
03-05-2009, 12:38 AM
In my time playing DDO I've seen it countless times, people just cliking through options to "just get the quest" and you know, the game devs are using their time to type all of that and we dont even take 30 seconds to read some of it. So I saw an oppurtunity to make a diffrence in the game I love and play, too much.

Well for those who know me in game, my main's name is Keniah and I play in the Thelanis server. Due to recent events in my life (for the better) I plan on leaving the game soon.

So I came up with my own little idea on how to leave "with a bang".

I found a Random Trivia Question Generator over the Internet, and used that to hoste my own little event. I called it the "Stormreach Challenge"
I'd get a raid group together, ask some questions, People who got the questions wrong were removed from the group. Last person left won my prize (around 100,000 platinum) yeah I played to much. So far I've only done this twice.

But someone told me something I wasent thinking about. What about the people who arent American, because most of my questions would'nt be common knowlege in other countries. So instead of general knowlege questions, ask questions about DDO itself. Like "A guy fell and broke his leg in the marketplace. What was his name?" or questions about some of the storylines. Like the Vault of Night and The Shrouded Vale.

I'd love to have Turbine see this and it turn out to be a regular event in game.

I see an oppurtunity to give to those less fortuneate and new to the game, and its something diffrent to do than the usual grinding quests for Exp and named loot.

I appoligize for any mispelling, I stink at typing.

you loved and played to much and all you can muster up was a 100k plat?

magicman6173
03-05-2009, 02:05 AM
you loved and played to much and all you can muster up was a 100k plat?

um...no. Im siting at about 2 mil, most of it is going to the person who ackually owns the account im playing on =p

magicman6173
03-05-2009, 02:06 AM
This concept has been done numerous times for live events. Not exactly as an elimination as you have described, but the answering of DDO trivia questions for prizes.

I would be willing to help out, but also want a shot at the money... ;-)

Let's talk.

Shure =)

...v...
03-05-2009, 07:01 AM
um...no. Im siting at about 2 mil, most of it is going to the person who ackually owns the account im playing on =p

So lets get this straight, youre leaving the game which you played on someones account.

magicman6173
03-05-2009, 02:00 PM
So lets get this straight, youre leaving the game which you played on someones account.

LOL this is'nt the point I'm trying to make. Plus, yes I'm playing on someonelses account, its my fathers account he pays I play (it was a long term birthday present) =p. dont get any ideas, in 19 years old and are about to move outa the house. allright now, dont quote me about this, keep on topic plz =p

Pyromaniac
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Turbine doesn't appear interested in spending resources against live events, as we could see with the lack of effort for the anniversary.