PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer: Air Savant

FluffyCalico
03-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Anyone else looking forward to this Prestigue enhancement?
I'm not sure which would be nicer, turning into an air ele and knocking everything on its butt... Or casting fire wall and subbing eletricity so get lighting wall :p

rayemo1
03-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Being able to change the base element of a spell, which would be fantastic might have a few problems graphically.
(also something thats needed for archmages)

It MIGHT mean they'd have to make graphics for EVERY type of elemental spell and every subtype.

But if it was done well, they'd only have to make a few types of graphics that apply to a whole range of spells.

You'd need acid,elec, fire, sonic and cold "flaming" for persistant effects. (like firewall or elemental shield)
You'd need rays of each type (already in)
You'd need explosions for each type (think fireball, otilukes sphere, Vitriolic Sphere, ball lightning, sonic burst etc)
You'd need Spreads for each typer (think cone of cold, burning hands, acid breath etc)
You'd need bolts for each type (for acid arrow, lightning bolt etc)

It's be a lot of work.

Mindspat
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I've recently spec'd out Banishment and have had to resort to Ball Lightning in the vale and being that the next module is reported to be in Shavarath I'm hoping to kick some Devil ass!!

How about Water Savent for those consistently incredible Polar Rays. :D

What does all this mean in relation to the best possible crit chance and damage multiplier?

Deadz
03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Being able to change the base element of a spell, which would be fantastic might have a few problems graphically.
(also something thats needed for archmages)

It MIGHT mean they'd have to make graphics for EVERY type of elemental spell and every subtype.

But if it was done well, they'd only have to make a few types of graphics that apply to a whole range of spells.

You'd need acid,elec, fire, sonic and cold "flaming" for persistant effects. (like firewall or elemental shield)
You'd need rays of each type (already in)
You'd need explosions for each type (think fireball, otilukes sphere, Vitriolic Sphere, ball lightning, sonic burst etc)
You'd need Spreads for each typer (think cone of cold, burning hands, acid breath etc)
You'd need bolts for each type (for acid arrow, lightning bolt etc)

It's be a lot of work.
Or you could just have it to different damage w/ the same graphic :P

Aspenor
03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I would be incredibly surprised if they gave us the ability to polymorph into an elemental, especially the broken air elemental.