PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE make runestones bind to ACCOUNT

VirieSquichie
03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't care if it's retroactive, though I know several people who would care a LOT, but for all those runes that drop in the chests in the Refuge-related Explorer areas be bound to account and not the individual character beginning with Mod 9 would be really really nice.

It's not like they're hard to collect on any character, but some characters are more fun than others to idly kill time with out in the Refuge's Explorer zones, and at least in my case the ones who are less fun for that are more in need of DT armor.

rimble
03-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't care if it's retroactive, though I know several people who would care a LOT, but for all those runes that drop in the chests in the Refuge-related Explorer areas be bound to account and not the individual character beginning with Mod 9 would be really really nice.

It's not like they're hard to collect on any character, but some characters are more fun than others to idly kill time with out in the Refuge's Explorer zones, and at least in my case the ones who are less fun for that are more in need of DT armor.

Yessir. I hope they consider retroactively doing things like this to ease the horror of farming many items.

Cold_Stele
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Good idea.

The irony of Reaver's Refuge is that the character best suited to run it (Ranger) probably has least use for the DT armor.

tihocan
03-02-2009, 03:16 PM
That'd be pretty cool.

Gordo
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Since the entire point of Mod 8 was to make you grind yourself into the ground and the grind some more, it is unlikely this extremely frustrating and time consuming Mod from start to finish will be changed. This includes the crafting as well.

VirieSquichie
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Since the entire point of Mod 8 was to make you grind yourself into the ground and the grind some more, it is unlikely this extremely frustrating and time consuming Mod from start to finish will be changed. This includes the crafting as well.

The Gianthold, Vale and Refuge are all intended to be horrific grinds for collectibles. They recently made the Gianthold collecting better by making the relics drop in the chests out in the ruins. So I think there's at least a slim hope here.

The insane grind that the Litany quests would require is on a whole different level, and I've long since decided they made it not worth the grind to do more than the occasional tapestry run for a new character's headgear. Whoever decided that massive farming for collectibles that don't all go into a communal (and gigantic capacity) bag is the way to go...umm... let's just say that there's some content simply not worth the effort it cost Turbine to create, in large part because of the collectible spam it would entail.

Gordo
03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Have I mentioned random crafting is a failure and a grap (grind and slap) in the face?