PDA

View Full Version : Considerations for the Stealthy

Trinarius
02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Dear Devs,

Please reconsider the way characters interact with objects such as switches, valves, levers, and even doors... If someone has taken the time to become more stealthy and is trying to sneak around a dungeon without being discovered, it should be possible for these folks to remain so, even while using these devices. HOWEVER, doing so, in an effort to remain hidden, *should* require the attempted task to take considerably longer, so as not to blow their cover.

So, if I want to sneak about, but pull the switch to open a gate, I ought to be able to do so, very, very slowly, and not kicked out of my Sneak mode.

This isn't to say that the resulting racket the gate would probably make wouldn't at least draw the curiosity of someone nearby, but it should *NOT* ~automatically~ cause me to reveal myself to everything in the dungeon, so long as I don't also sneeze, or something.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the birthday bonuses! Have a great week!!!

Girevik
03-01-2009, 08:16 AM
I've never been a fan of stealth, but I understand some folks are.

One way they could bring in such a change is to bring it in gradually. Similar to the way the fancy flips work for Tumbling.

So, at Hide in Shadows 35+ for example, you can work a switch without breaking stealth.