PDA

View Full Version : What to do if you think someones cheating?

sainy_matthew
02-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Now i'll admit i'm new to Stormreach, but i just had a run in with a Warforged Wizard in an open combat area (Bar Brawl). I'm playing a 2nd lvl Fighter & he's playing a 3rd lvl Warforged Sorcerer, so i thought it would be a pretty close match up.

I enter the arena & BANG! i'm hit with an attack that does 63 points of damage. I'm i've played sorcerers in the PnP version of 3.5 & didn't think this was possible. I checked his player stat & he has no magical effect going & doesn't seem to have time to use meta-magic feats. how is he doing 63 points of damage.

I thought maybe it was just a lucky shot but i watched this guy take on a level 16 cleric with a whole heap of buff abilities going on & come out ahead a good 25% of the time. So i changed tactics & closed with him at top speed (same tactics as in the PnP game) & discovered while this guy could be hit when he wasn't paying attention, as soon as he put up a shield to block (with a staff) you could do "no" damage whatsoever. I understand that the block is basicaly Damage Reduction, but how can he block all the damage from a great axe, when i can't even do that when i'm using a shield?

The other dodgy thing is that somehow he has edited his character information to include some line about pancakes. Has he just edited everything else to appear lower level then he really is, or is he cheating somehow?

Asketes
02-28-2009, 02:22 AM
i wish i could know the name, maybe someone we know and can straighten this out.

But that is against the rules, so I guess we shall never know bud.

XD

negative
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Re: the Pancake thing - On your character sheet on the right hand side is a spot to edit your Bio - you will see this text at the bottom of the examine window.

As far as metamagics, they are a toggle, turn them on once and they stay on for all spells cast.

My guess is that this player is simply a vet player with good gear and knowledge of the game, nothing about this sounds unreasonable. I would hazard a guess that he was using scorching ray on you, and that he had a decent shield. As far as beating the higher level cleric, it's possible that the cleric was a terrible player or was letting him win.

If you REALLY think he was cheating, and I don't think he was, on the Help tab where you put in a ticket there is a place to report cheating.

Lithic
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
A third level sorc probably has the spell niacs. This spell does 3d10 pts of damage at lvl 3. Maximized and empowered, and with a superior potency 1 item, not to mention enhancements, it is entirely possible to do 60pts+ per hit. Theres nothing fishy about this. This is also NOT the norm in a dungeon, as the sorc probably only has enough spell points to cast this 8 or 9 times before he runs out.

As for the cleric, I'd have to think he was afk when he lost as I can't imagine a character terrible enough to be beaten by a lvl 3 sorc.

captain1z
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I dont think he was cheating at all.

It is possible for a a healing specced 16th level cleric to be be killed by a 3rd level WF sorc who is good at pvp.
a good number of cleric spells are banned from pvp and many of the ones he has available can be dodged or do very little damage. If the cleric didnt have the correct PVP spells loaded and spent all his attribute pts on wis, neglecting CON...... its possible he only had 180-200 hp which a competant sorc could burn thru in in 5 hits (if the cleric had protection). In some cases the cleric would not get a save. Also keep in mind he was a WF they can be highly immune to many attacks plus have a higher AC than normal wizards/sorcs and potentially higher DR. If u miss a regular swing with a greataxe but hit with a glancing blow it will turn up a yellow 0.

But seeing as you say u are "new" to the game, just assume that some people may know tactics that u are not aware of yet.

Swallow your pride and just ask him what hes doing and how he does it.................. very good chance he will tell you.

I am not aware of any was u can cheat in DDO tho I wouldnt doubt if there were a few, it is after all a game.

alcmaeon
03-02-2009, 03:02 PM
did you check your combat log to see what he hit you with?