PDA

View Full Version : Allow Drow and 32 pt Builds Unlocked on All Servers

Findecano
02-21-2009, 01:45 PM
I've played on Sarlona off and on since launch. I just returned after being gone for a year, and I have Drow unlocked on Sarlona. It takes a lot of work to unlock these things. Population rises and falls on servers and I'm hearing of a lot better population size on other servers, yet I'm stuck on Sarlona if I want to keep playing Drow.

Solution: When a person unlocks Drow and 32 pt builds on one server, it should carry over to other servers as well, so the players don't feel confined to one server when the population goes south on it.

dragonruler
02-21-2009, 01:52 PM
one solution to that is send the character that you have the 32 pt unlocked on onto another server by paying turbine to do this for you...but really its more fun to just earn it imo.

Uska
02-21-2009, 01:53 PM
We dont need another thread like this again so soon and NO NO NO NO earn it.

branmakmuffin
02-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Stop making me agree with you.

bobbryan2
02-22-2009, 01:31 AM

Yes! Earn it by paying Turbine their 20 dollars or whatever. Earn it like everyone else!

BLAKROC
02-22-2009, 01:52 AM
it takes what ? a day at most to unlock drow?

umm no.

bobbryan2
02-22-2009, 01:59 AM

umm no.

A day at most.

You're funny.

I don't mind people being against it... but jeez guys. Come up with some better arguments.

1) It takes a day at 'most' to get 400 favor.
2) You should earn it... unlike anyone that wants to pay Turbine money

Are there actually good reasons to not allow favor rewards cross-servers? Everyone's knee-jerk reactions thusfar have kinda sucked, really.

Uska
02-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Yes! Earn it by paying Turbine their 20 dollars or whatever. Earn it like everyone else!

and hitting favor mark dont like leave.

Uska
02-22-2009, 10:44 AM
A day at most.

You're funny.

I don't mind people being against it... but jeez guys. Come up with some better arguments.

1) It takes a day at 'most' to get 400 favor.
2) You should earn it... unlike anyone that wants to pay Turbine money

Are there actually good reasons to not allow favor rewards cross-servers? Everyone's knee-jerk reactions thusfar have kinda sucked, really.

no what sucks is all the whiners crying for it to be given away gives me a headache.

boldarblood
02-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Offer 32 and Drow as a premium service as well as favor.

branmakmuffin
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM
It takes a day at 'most' to get 400 favor.
Is this your assertion? It's one of the silliest things I've ever seen on the forums.

You should earn it... unlike anyone that wants to pay Turbine money
Is this your assertion? Nothing like following up "silly" with "sensible."

boldarblood
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Is this your assertion? It's one of the silliest things I've ever seen on the forums.

When you stop to sniff the flowers along the way or take your time through a dungeon, it can take longer. But it is very reasonable to be able to reach 400 favor in day or two at most. Even playing casually it can be done in a few short days of gameplay. 400 is nothing.

branmakmuffin
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM
When you stop to sniff the flowers along the way or take your time through a dungeon, it can take longer. But it is very reasonable to be able to reach 400 favor in day or two at most. Even playing casually it can be done in a few short days of gameplay. 400 is nothing.
Why do so many people assume everyone plays the way and as often (or close to it) as they themselves do? The way I play, it took me nearly 3 months to unlock Drow. But I certainly don't assume everyone plays they way I do or as relatively seldom as I do or "character hops" as much as I do.

bobbryan2
02-22-2009, 11:09 PM

The first assertion wasn't mind... you can ready the post I was responding to.

It usually helps understand the context of points made.

branmakmuffin
02-22-2009, 11:40 PM
The first assertion wasn't mind... you can ready the post I was responding to.
That's why I asked.

FluffyCalico
02-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I hate the favor but am forced to agree 1 hard day will unlock drow easy.

Grimtooth333
02-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Are there actually good reasons to not allow favor rewards cross-servers?
Not that I can tell... actually this is a quite reasonable thing to request IMHO.

Deadz
02-23-2009, 10:57 AM
no what sucks is all the whiners crying for it to be given away gives me a headache.
Someone had to find another thread to whine and cry about other people whining and crying.. lol ... Seriously what do you think your doing?

Deadz
02-23-2009, 10:58 AM
A day at most.

Took me a month.. I have responsiblities...

Uproar
02-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Unlock Drow immediately upon account open. The current 400 favor is just dumb. Let people play the race they want. I got drow unlocked (as well as 1750), yet I never play Drow -- I hate them. If someone wants to play one I'm fine with it being freely available.

Allow 32-point builds after first month renewel. Keep favor for buff, bank space, and other rewards. Heck I'd like to see more frequent rewards along the way, but it's minimally acceptable as is in terms of house rewards.

Uska
02-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Someone had to find another thread to whine and cry about other people whining and crying.. lol ... Seriously what do you think your doing?

hey kettle I am pot

Uska
02-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Unlock Drow immediately upon account open. The current 400 favor is just dumb. Let people play the race they want. I got drow unlocked (as well as 1750), yet I never play Drow -- I hate them. If someone wants to play one I'm fine with it being freely available.

Allow 32-point builds after first month renewel. Keep favor for buff, bank space, and other rewards. Heck I'd like to see more frequent rewards along the way, but it's minimally acceptable as is in terms of house rewards.

another horrible idea where do you people come up with these things

Deadz
02-23-2009, 12:02 PM
hey kettle I am pot

so you are the pot calling the kettle black? my point exactly.

bobbryan2
02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Took me a month.. I have responsiblities...

Why do people attribute that quote to me!?

apacheizm23
02-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Send one of your 1750 Favor characters to the server of your choice and whallah 32PT builds..Thats what I did..I also will say this here as I said on another thread similar to this one...Dude get your favor & .... Up..No I didn't bother reading most of it as I just got about halfway and I don't feel sorry for you.. Your not the only one with a family or a Life. I cant stand people who whine..1750 Favor is nothing now and it is very easy too get.. Its a game and everything shouldn't be handed to you...
There outta be more things like this in the game that way people have something too do,if they want to make a better character with a few more points to add at creation then work/play for it,If you want a certain item in a raid or quest then flag or reach a certain level for it, if thats what it takes.
What you want to just Log in and have a Level 20 Rogue all tweaked out and with unlimited feats and Abilities etc. without even earning it!! please...

QuantumFX
02-23-2009, 10:29 PM
/signed

Opening it across multiple servers would actually encourage me to go check out the other servers.

Uska
02-23-2009, 11:27 PM
/signed

Opening it across multiple servers would actually encourage me to go check out the other servers.

Just play and do it I have opened drow on 4 and 32 on two without the silly spending of money on a transfer and I am a very casual player.

QuantumFX
02-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Just play and do it I have opened drow on 4 and 32 on two without the silly spending of money on a transfer and I am a very casual player.

I don’t think you get what I’m talking about. Like you, I’m too cheap to pay for a transfer just to unlock. However, I’m not particularly interested in grinding out 1750 on another server just to unlock stuff. (If I’m going to grind favor again I’d like it to be on a character that I may want to keep.)

If I had 32pt builds available on Argonessen I could go there, level up a character (a process that is WAY faster than favor grinding.) and if I didn’t like the server for some reason transfer the character to Sarlona (if I liked the character enough.)

Uska
02-24-2009, 12:45 AM
I don’t think you get what I’m talking about. Like you, I’m too cheap to pay for a transfer just to unlock. However, I’m not particularly interested in grinding out 1750 on another server just to unlock stuff. (If I’m going to grind favor again I’d like it to be on a character that I may want to keep.)

If I had 32pt builds available on Argonessen I could go there, level up a character (a process that is WAY faster than favor grinding.) and if I didn’t like the server for some reason transfer the character to Sarlona (if I liked the character enough.)

I knew what you meant but still think if its to unlock for a server it should be done that way. I agree with whoever said the favor should be only for the character that earned it but thats not the system we got so if you want it on a server earn it. not really happy people with more money then sense can get around this.

Suzaku
02-24-2009, 04:20 AM
I still say 32 build shouldn't require favor...

Thrudh
02-24-2009, 01:39 PM

At most??

So no matter how casual you play, at MOST it will take a day to unlock Drow??

So how fast do powergamers unlock drow? In the first 3 minutes?

Learn how to make a good argument please.

Thrudh
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM

You're wrong... I've been playing every day with my son... We do one quest a day, and we do not repeat... meaning we'll do normal, hard, elite, but we don't do normal twice.

We got to level 7 before we hit 400 favor. And it took us about two months.

Not saying it's hard.. but you guys are using the wrong qualifier... It's not "at most", it's a day or two "at best". A power-gamer playing 12 hours straight concentrating on favor could get 400 favor in a day maybe...

Everyone else takes a lot longer...

Again, I'm not saying it needs to be changed, but you guys have absolutely no clue about casual play.

Fenrisulven6
02-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Not saying it's hard.. but you guys are using the wrong qualifier... It's not "at most", it's a day or two "at best".

It helps if you understand that most who say "its easy, a day at most, earn it!"

1) don't have a job
2) used mommy's credit card to subscribe - "earn it!" lol
3) are threatened by a bunch of causal newbies [see: Uska]

Uproar
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
The whole argument on the forums always desolves into the jealous vs. all.

It's a simple problem with a simple method to determine resolution. Does 1750 favor to unlock 32-pts encourage new players or discourage.

I'd bet my highest toon's life on the results, but only the DEVS likely have the necessary data (or ability to gather it). Personally my read of the forums concurs with my belief and personal experince that it discourage new players, but I'm tired of arguing it. Of course that won't prevent my posting against the jealous throng that attempts to shout down a legitimate question.

darkrhavyn
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
It helps if you understand that most who say "its easy, a day at most, earn it!"

1) don't have a job
2) used mommy's credit card to subscribe - "earn it!" lol
3) are threatened by a bunch of causal newbies [see: Uska]

While I dont agree that everyone can unlock drow in a day or even that MOST people can:

1) I have unlocked Drow in a day of playing (and by day I mean 24 hours of game time)

2) I have a job where I work 12 hours a day

3) I have my own credit card

4) I'm not threatened by much of anything or anyone.

I actually agree with your point that the comments of "Pfft, it doesnt take anytime, quit whining" are not constructive, your attitude that anyone who can power to 400 favor is as presented in your post is not constructive either. JMHO;)

darkrhavyn
02-24-2009, 04:56 PM
While I am still on the side of the fence that says unlocking drow and 32 point builds when you start playing the game is not a great idea...I actually think that the OP has a decent idea. I have always thought that once at 1750 you should be able to open 32 pts on any server.

The reasons that many people,including me, have against unlocking 32pt builds initially are often based on a desire to see people actually play their characters and learn how they work before they go experiment with builds --someone who has no real game skills can take an uber build and suck at playing it.

But there is no real difference between thelanis, Argo, sarlona, etc....they all have the same quests, NPCs, items available. Its not like doing VOD on elite on Sarlona is any different than doing VOD on elite on Thelanis or Kyhber.

The only even kind of legitimate reason I could come up with other than "I had to do it the hard way so YOU have to do it the hard way", was this:

During the time you were leveling a character and obtaining favor on Server X, you probably met people and made a reputation, once you got so far that "renown" allowed you to make drow characters and then 32 pt builds. From a role playing standpoint, you would have to do the same thing on another server..i.e make your reputation by doing the favor quests...

That was the best reason I could come up with except the "hazing" concept...not a very convincing argument all in all.

RazorrX
02-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Once again i think it should not be given away or offered as a pay service.

You do earn them, it is called sweat equity. I invest time into the game, I get rewarded with favor rewards. The top two rewards are the option to make either drow or 32 point builds. That was a reward for the hours I played and the quests that I ran. I pay the monthly fee, I paid it longer than new players, heck I have even more money invested in the game, so that negates the whole they pay too thing, as I have even more invested in the game than they do. The fact that we are both paying customers does not equal them getting what it took me time to earn.

Earn it and while you earn it you will be better able to play that new spiffy character.

That said, what I want is that when you unlock drow you get 1 yes indeed 1 and ONLY 1 drow slot.

When you unlock 32pt you get 1 yep 1 - 32pt slot.

if you want more, you need to unlock more. Drow should not be able to unlock drow, but could unlock 32pt and 32 point should not be able to unlock either. After your first Drow and 32pt then you should be given the option of "do you want to replace an existing 28 point slot with a new (drow) (32pt) slot?" and you can choose if you want to or not.

So assuming that you start with 9 slots - you could end up with 11 total of which they would be hard locked to be either 28, drow or 32 build slots.